- 8+ years of challenging professional experience, working exclusively in Finance, Asset/Portfolio Management, Mortgage, Banking and Investment Management domains.
- Played various roles such as Business Analyst, Business systems Analyst and Scrum Master.
- Experienced in working with clients to implement requirements and in providing team leadership for development support teams comprising company as well as client and third - party contract staff.
- Excellent work ethics and analytical skills coupled with excellent communication, written and interpersonal skills describing a committed team player.
- Hands on experience on software development methodologies (SDLC) such as Waterfall, SCRUM and Scrum-Waterfall Hybrid.
- Industry domain experience in Financial Budgeting, Portfolio Management, Asset Allocation Mortgage, Risk Management, Credit Risk including Credit default risk, Concentration risk and Country risk, Market Risk, Capital Markets, Banking, Reconciliation, Broker-Dealer operations, Payment Processing, Risk Scoring, Commodity Trading, Deal Life Cycle, deal structure, Collateral& Limits Management and Performance Measurement.
- Knowledge of Dodd Frank Regulation, SOX, FINRA, CFTC, SEC compliance and Integration
- Experienced with Collaboration tools including JIRA, CA-Agile (Rally) and HP-ALM for User Stories and User Requirements.
- Experienced in conducting GAP analysis, Impact analysis, Feasibility study, Cost-benefit analysis, Risk analysis, Root cause analysis, SWOT analysis, SIPOC and ROI analysis tools and techniques.
- Highly skilled at gathering requirement using different elicitation techniques such as interviewing, JAD Sessions, Brainstorming, requirements workshop, Prototyping, Job shadowing, Document Analysis, Reverse Engineering and Benchmarking.
- Skilled in identifying the data requirements, preparing the data flow diagrams, designing Schemas, Fact tables, data analysis and data mapping, Proficient at Process mapping and Business Process Modeling (BPM).
- Experience in using various tools such as Rational Requisite Pro, Test Director, MS ProjectClear Quest.
- Proficient in using MS Visio, Rational Rose and Enterprise Architect for generating Use Cases, Class Diagrams, Entity relationship (ER), Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Collaboration Diagrams.
- Extensive implementation knowledge of Databases, Data table structures, Data warehousing, Data Marts, OLAP operations like rollup, drill down, slicing/dicing using BI tools.
- Business Intelligence reporting using SQL Server services like SSRS, SSIS, SSAS.
- Involved in Data Mining / Dimensional Modeling, Database Debugging, ETL processes and Business Intelligence Reporting using Tableau Desktop 8.2,IBM Cognos, Spotfire, Microsoft Power BI.
- Strong MS Excel skills including making pivot table, preparing charts, using Goal seek and solver, conditional formatting, Data validation working with different function types and VBA Macros.
- Comprehensive knowledge of web services related concept such as web methods, XML, WSDL, HTML, AJAX, SOA, API and web architecture, business engines and XML schemas, SOA orchestration.
- Familiarity with Black-Box testing techniques such as Load Testing, Regression Testing, Unit and Functional Testing, Integration, System Testing and Performance Testing.
- Knowledge and experience in conducting User Acceptance Test (UAT) and creation of dummy Data.
- Effectively gathered SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely) prerequisites and changing them into practical determinations concentrating on work process examination and outline, UI plan, Entity-Relationship (ER) Diagrams, information stream charts and process stream displaying.
- Good Knowledge of making SQL Queries to make Data Mapping and Data Warehousing. Broad learning of Entity Relationships and User Administration. Additionally, took a shot at Data Migration systems utilizing Informatica control focus device.
- Facilitated various scrum ceremonies such as Product Backlog grooming meeting, Daily Scrum meetings, Sprint Planning meeting, Spring Review meeting and Retrospective meeting and Extensive knowledge in maintaining the Scrum Task Board, Burn up/down charts, and tracking Team Velocity.
Modeling Tools: Rational Rose, MS Visio, Wire framing, Enterprise Architect
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid, Agile-Scrum
Business Skills: Change Management, Impact Analysis, Risk Analysis, Cost-Benefit Analysis, ROI Analysis, JAD Sessions, SWOT analysis, Financial Reporting, Valuation and Pricing, Budgeting
Requirement Management: MS Office, JIRA, HP ALM 11.5, CA-Agile, Version one.
Project Management Tools: MS Project, MS SharePoint.
Testing Tools: HP QC v10.0, HP ALM V11.5, Load Runner, Hedgehog, Green hopper
Finance Tools: Bloomberg, Bloomberg B-Pipe, Thomson Reuters, Morning Star, Fact Set, Charles Rives IMS, Eagle Investment Systems, Edgar Online, eGovDirect, Xpress Feed, Accounts Aggregation, Financial Wellness.
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center v9.x, Data Stage, SSIS, Business Objects
Reporting tools: Tableau Desktop, IBM Cognos v10, MS Office Suite, Spotfire, MS SSRS, Oracle BI Publisher.
Data Warehousing: Data Marts, Data modelling, Data Mapping, ODS,OLTP, OLAP, Multidimensional Analysis, Data Mining, Slicing/Dicing, Drill Down/Roll Up
Databases: MYSQL, Microsoft SQL (T-SQL).
Big data Analytics: Hadoop, Apache Hive, Mahout, Sqoop, Flume, Kafka Connect HDFS, Oracle JDBC, IBM WebSphere application server, Hadoop Yarn, Map-Reduce
Confidential, Warren, NJ
Senior Business System Analyst
- Developed good understanding of Financial Instruments, Asset Allocation, Commodities, Bonds, Corporate Bonds, Options, Swaps, Derivatives, Money market instrument, Fixed Income, Credit Risk and Market Risk, Risk metrics,Value at Risk, Greeks, Black-Sholes Option Pricing Model and Binomial Models.
- Assisted Hadoop Architect toCloudera Platformto migrate to theHadoopecosystem and built a highly efficient network ofnodes, racks and clusters.
- Spearheaded the Data Migration from the legacy Oracle systems to cloud.
- Assisted the conversion of the schema and used HIVE to convert it to Map-Reduce
- Extensively used SQOOP, FLUME and MAHOUT for Data Integration, Data Migration and Option Analytics.
- Used Confluence to create a centralized repository for shared access of documents.
- PerformedRisk, Cost-Benefit and GAP Analysis to understand the AS-IS Model and the TO-BE Process.
- Spearheaded JAD Sessions, Focus Groups, Interviewing Sessions, Brainstorming Sessions with the key stakeholders and SME’s for Requirements Elicitation.
- Analyzed prior documents and GatheredBusinessRequirements, analyze data/workflows. Progressed from Problem Statement to well-documented designs. Created wireframe and mock-up screens using MS-Visio.
- Assisted Project Manager in creating proposals and project budget allocations and worked on Project Charter and Work Break down Structure using MS Project.
- Decomposed business and functional requirementsinto User Stories by conducting user story writing session with product owner and the Scrum team and user Acceptance Criteria for PSPI.
- Helped to prioritize user stories using MoSCoW and Business Value based techniques.
- Engaged Scrum teams and programs SME’s to understand, communicate status, priorities, risks and issues.
- Managed and monitored various scrum events through agile delivery process, worked closely with project manager, product owner and stakeholders to ensure their expectations are met.
- Highly proficient in writing User stories, creating Use Cases, Use case diagrams, Workflow Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and Class Diagrams etc. Extensively used Rational Rose and MS Visio for UML.
- Assisted Project Teams in preparing Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Software Design Documents (SDD), User Interface Design, designing of Application Architecture & Database Modeling.
- Facilitated Story Writing Sessions to decompose the Scope into Epics and UserStories as per the INVEST Criteria.
- Expert in Tracking and Managing the Requirements using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) that controls numerous artifacts produced by the teams and also handled requirement churn.
- Involved in Test Planning, Test Preparation, Test Execution and Issue Resolution and Report Generation to assure that all aspects of the Project comply with Business Requirements.
- Supported scrum team by resolving blockers and impediments such as the offshore testing team impediment.
- Facilitated Scrum Events: Backlog refinement, Sprint Planning, stand up, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective
- AnalyzedBusiness Requirements from testing perspective. Reviewed Test Strategy and Test Plans to ensure that test cases reflect user needs for the functional, User Interface, Performance, Usability and Security requirements.
- Established Incident Reporting and Change Control procedures using ClearQuest.
- Tracked the defects using HP Quality Center. Created an error repository tomanage the testing process
- Assisted in the creation of deployment flow chart in conjunction with development, infrastructure, and network teams containing information for maintaining Application.
Confidential, New York City, NY
Senior Business System Analyst
- Analyzed the Business Case for the Project to understand the business requirements and analyzed the business process along with prior documentation for complete understanding of the project. Also, interviewed SMEs to better understand the process.
- Performedbusiness as well as data analysis and functional proficiency in Commodity Trading including deal life cycle, Acquisition deal structures.
- Held meetings with the Management, Portfolio Managers, Quant Analysts for analysis and Pre-Requisites for the Project.
- Assisted the migration of the core banking data on to the Cloud to achieve high scalability
- Interfaced with the Quants library to use various Mathematical models for Portfolio Optimization
- Spearheaded Kafka Integration to connect to various 3rd party APIs to get real time data.
- Led the REST APIs development and testing for integrating with the 3rd party data sources as well as the Cloud Infrastructure.
- Prepared GAP Analysis, Risk Analysis, COST-BENEFIT Analysis and Porter’s Five Forces to understand the AS-IS and TO-BE Process.
- Conducted JAD Sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate their perspectives with each other, resolve any issues and come to an agreement quickly.
- Acted as an AGILE COACH and mentored the team on Scrum framework, practices and principles.
- Created a Macro Document incorporating components of Business Requirement Document, and System Requirement Specification incorporating business, functional, non-functional, data, and GUI Requirements.
- Created User Stories and led Planning Poker Sessions to estimate them in Backlog Grooming and Sprint Planning Meetings. Also helped the Product Owner in prioritization of Product Backlog Items (PBIs) including the process of breaking down user stories using INVEST Criteria.
- Performed Time-Boxed Scrum ceremonies. Helped negotiating commitments and assured parallel understanding of requirements and deliverables amongst all stakeholders in Sprint Planning Meetings.
- Assured that the Scrum team has all the resources for to perform, tracked and removed any impediments.
- Performed extensive prototyping using Mock-Up Screens.
- Held Requirement Churn during the project by performing IMPACT Analysis.
- Checked the feasibility of the Requirement Churn and maintained the Triple Constraint.
- Used JIRA for allocating tasks, user story writing, backlog management, issue tracking, user story management and forward and backward requirement traceability.
- Designed the Test Cases, Test Plans for all the processes using HP QC, hence did the Black Box Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and submitted weekly reports about the progress of the project to the Program Manager.
- Supported the assigned Project Manager with detailed design of the Scope and Vision Documentation
- Created Spotfire Visualizations and dashboards using SpotFire Professional.
- Worked on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), REST, SOAP, XML, API.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
Business System Analyst
- Led the complete Cloud implementation of the KYC customer data to the MS Azure cloud
- Led the Integration of the data and used SSIS as an ETL tool, SSAS for Dimensional Modelling and SSRS/MS Power BI for reporting and Analysis.
- Spearheaded the testing of the Complete Cloud Implementation right from the UI tier to the Back-End Data Base Layer
- Assisted the Business Case analysis for the Azure Cloud Migration.
- Involved in defining the scope and business rules of the project, gathered business requirements, which involved interaction with cross functional teams to facilitate gathering of business requirements.
- Prepared UML diagrams like Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams using MS Visio to analyze the structure of the architectural design, behavior and the interaction within the system design.
- Created a mapping document that maps all the fields in the HTML pages to XML tags which are in turn mapped with the tables and column names in the database and involved in performing client-side validation on the new system.
- Involved in continuously grooming the roadmaps and backlogs, integrating new information about architecture, resources and business strategy as well as existing and new constraints, assumptions and dependencies.
- Extensively used INVEST model to break down epics in to user stories. Facilitated Vertical slicing of the epics into smaller user stories during Backlog Grooming Meeting.
- Served as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and technology to ensure that functionalities and domain related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined and communicated to technical team.
- Created mock-ups for the UI and assisted UX team in developing the UI with good aesthetics.
- Developed SQL queries used in dashboard application creation and Business intelligence.
- Developed reports using Business Intelligenceand reporting tools like SSRSand PowerBI.
- Worked with dataarchitects in the design of databaseschemas.
- Installed and configured SSRS - SQL server Reporting services and SSAS - SQLServer Analytical Services
- Installed SQL Server 2012 on Microsoft Azure Cloud environments.
- Configured Microsoft Azuresecuritycenter with multifactor authentication with notification hub for push notifications.
- Worked in the loosely coupled service orientedarchitecture working with different APIs
- Understood the WSDL file to determine the operations that web service provide to in corporate the XML request and response format for data mapping
- Responsible for datamapping with XML and RESTfulAPIs to integrate with different web services.
- Used SQLLogins, Rolesand AuthenticationModes as a part of Security Policies for various categories of users.
- Involved in Physical and Logical design and Schemas for databases of new application.
- Involved in creating data flow diagrams, data mapping from Source to stage and Stage to Target mapping documents indicating the source tables, columns, data types, transformations required and business rules to be applied while working with SQL server Integration services (SSIS).
- Drafted the Test Plan and prepared various test cases and test scenarios for the project items and involved in various kinds of testing activitieslikeUnit Testing, Smoke Testing, System Integration Testing and Regression Testing.
- Facilitated scrum ceremonies like Sprint Planning Meeting, Daily Scrum Meeting, Sprint Review Meeting, and Sprint Retrospective Meeting.
- Analyzed the Sprint Burn Down Chart, tracked team’s velocity, sprint release progress and prepared the status report.
- Identified and resolved the team impediments so that the team focuses on delivering the PSPIin given sprint.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Business System Analyst
- Involved in identifying the problem definition as part of continuous process improvement using Define, Measure, Analyze and Improve to support the business continuity of the organization.
- Conducted requirements gathering session using elicitation techniques like user observation, brainstorming, client interviewing, document analysis and JAD Sessions with various stakeholders and project team.
- Prepared Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to trace the completeness of requirements.
- Developed high-level and low-level documents like Business requirements documents(BRD) and System requirements specification(SRS).
- Defined frameworks for Operational data store (ODS), Brokerage data warehouse (BDW), Central file distribution (CFD) and Data Quality (DQ) and created functional data requirement (FDR).
- Proficient in Data Analysis, Data Validation, Data Lineage, Data Cleansing and Data Verification
- Developing appropriate documentation for various user and technical functions and using requirements for informative communication throughout the project life cycle.
- Involved in enhancements and maintenance activities of the data warehouse including tuning, modifying of stored procedures for code enhancements.
- Coordinated with the Business Objects developers in building universes and developed various reports like Cross Tab, Master Detail and different charts including Line, Column, Area, and Pie Charts for analysis.
- Conducted Business workflow analysis, process analysis, SWOT analysis, cost-benefit analysis and Gap analysis to know the condition of the current process in use.
- Performed impact analysis for DB2 tablesby compressing and archiving to have a lower cost storage mechanism.
- Used Unified Modeling Language(UML) to prepare Use Cases diagrams, process flow diagrams, sequence diagrams from the gathered requirements and created diagrams using MS Visio.
- Extensively interacted with data analysts during the ETL operations in identifying the source files/databases from OLTP systems and implementing the transformation logic for achieving data uniformity in operational data store(ODS).
- Defined target load order plan and constraint based loading for loading data correctly into different target tables.
- Designed and created Data Quality baseline flow diagram, which includes error handing and test plan flow data.
- Involved in the design of Star-Schema methodology and converted data from various sources to oracle tables.
- Developed views, functions, procedures, and packages using PL/SQL & SQL to transform data between source staging area to target staging area
- Created SQL-Loader scripts to load legacy data into Oracle staging tables and wrote SQL queries to perform Data Validation and Data Integrity testing.
- Used various SQL commands like Create, Delete, Update, and Inner, Outer, Left, and Right Joins to update the database and retrieve data for data analysis and validation.
- Involved in Data Mining, dimensional Modeling, ETL process, OLAP operations like rollup, drill down, slicing/dicing, pivoting using BI tools and Business Intelligence Reportingusing Tableau.
- Involved in Project Management activities like defining/managing project scope, schedule management.
- Creating project plans, tracking and communicating project status, deliverables, and milestones using Gantt chart.
- Contributed towards defining Level Of Effort (LOE) and critical path analysis (CPA) using PERT Chart
- Maintained Data Requirement Artifact to identify the characteristic of data type that is entered into the GUI interface
- Coordinated with architects to create test plan&Test cases for system testing.
- Developed the schedules, user manuals and trained the business/end users.
- Strong understanding of data quality assurance processes and procedures.
Environment: Waterfall, Windows 7/Vista/8, MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), MS Project 2010, Visio, UML, SharePoint 2010, SQL, IBM Cognos, Informatica, HPALM, HPQC,SQL server services
- Captained meetings with the Project Managers, Subject matter expertise for analysis and prerequisites of the project.
- Hands on experience in gathering interface requirements.
- Prepared GAP analysis and Risk analysis via Document Analysis and Interface Analysis to understand the new business model and additional functionalities to be incorporated.
- Created Data Mapping Documents for the source and target systems.
- Identifying& understanding financial and non-financial risk and opportunities in project by attending project reviews.
- Liaising with clients, funders and intermediaries during the execution of transactions.
- Consolidating and analyzing financial data, taking into account company’s goals and financial standing.
- Supporting the development across the business, particularly focusing around reporting, and business intelligence.
- Develop financial models, conduct benchmarking and process analysis.
- Conducted a high-level requirement gathering sessions with Business Owners for requirement elicitations via JAD Sessions, Interviews, Focused Groups and Brainstorming Sessions.
- Developed high level and detailed Business Requirements (BR), Business Rules and Conditions.
- Developed requirements and rules around IT Security, User Roles, Authentication/Authorization and Logging for integration; performed analysis to verify systems and validate systems compatibility.
- Created Integration Service Requirements for multiple systems detailing the data elements and data attributes in the request/response web services and exceptions; specifying data interchange formats (XML, JSON, WSDL) and data transformation per compatibility of calling and receiving systems; designing sequence flow diagrams; providing samples of error messages, service requests and responses.
- PreparedBusiness Requirements Document (BRD),Functional Requirements Document (FRD/LLD) and System Requirements Specification (SRS) to enable the team to better understand the requirements and business needs.
- Actively participated in document reviews, plan setup, plan configuration and incorporated them in Business process re-engineering, Business process improvements, Business process modelingby using Activity diagrams and Swim-lane diagrams.
- Created Use-Case diagrams, Activity and Sequence diagrams, ER Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Created Mock-Up Screens and Wireframes using Visio for the trade order management system for client verification.
- Wrote test cases, test plans, and test scenarios and traceability matrices used by the Quality team for UAT.
- Actively participated duringSmoke testing, Black Box testing, Regression Testing, System Testing.
ENVIRONMENT: Waterfall, MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project, Share Point, Mock-Up Screens, Web Services, SOA, HTML, XML, Java, Apache, jScript/jQuery, API, Web Methods, SOAP, WSDL, Mutual Funds, Trading, Capital Market.
- Facilitated collection of requirements from system users and preparation of Business/Functional requirement documents utilizing UML to provide appropriate scope of work for technical team to develop prototype and overall system.
- Analyze and prioritize requirements and use them to outline timeline for completion of goals.
- Performed GAP Analysis with system functionality and existing Business Processes.
- Used various UML diagrams for productivity in communicating specifications to design & development team. Analyzed and designed Use Case Diagrams using UML/Visio.
- Managed scope and requirements throughout the project life cycle.
- Discuss and propose conversion / interface solutions with the clients and users.
- Performed Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System testing and Regression testing.
- Wrote Test cases, test scripts and test plans for UAT.
Environment: Waterfall, Visual studio, .Net, VB.Net, ASP.NE, SQL, PLSQL, Windows, MS Visio, MS project
Junior Business Analyst
- Conducted interviews with project managers, SMEs business users to collect requirement and business process information.
- Identify research, analyze, define and document business processes.
- Created, Maintained, Mapped and Updated Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure all requirements are defined for a system and tested in the testprotocols.
- Created low fidelity diagrams like Wireframes showing markups for web pages.
- Created process flow diagrams for better process identification and clarity for development team.
- Worked with the developers closely to magnify success scenarios of Primary and Alternateflows.
- Developed PowerPoint presentations for monthly meetings with upper management.
- Teamed up with the credit allocation department to perform marketsurvey and learnclientrequirements to assist the technicalteam in Software development.
- Assisted Engineers in coming up with technical documents Functional design documents.
- Assist in selecting the technology for the application based on Cost-Effectiveness and Quality with an eye towards the future.
- Used for SharePointcontentmanagement and documentmanagement.
- Used UML to prepare Use Cases from the gathered requirements and created diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Assisted in preparation of UAT test plan, Test Cases, Testing Cycle schedules, Test Scenarios and implemented them with QA team.
Environment: Waterfall, UML, SQL Server, MS Office (word, power point, excel), MS Project, DB2, Mockup Screens, SharePoint.
Junior Business Analyst Intern
- Worked in Waterfall methodology as Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Gathered requirements from key stakeholders, customers and SME’s to define the scope and requirements of online banking system.
- Worked closely with the development team to verify that business needs are fulfilled and deliverables are produced within specified budget, quality and time.
- Defined the context of the system by creating various Use Cases for the development system requirements specifications encompassing Functional and Non-Functional requirements.
- COTS evaluations and implementation for reporting tool to choose Business Objects as the reporting tool.
- Developed UML Diagrams for modeling static and dynamic aspects of Online Banking System.
- Created Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) using HP QC tool.
- Created ad-hoc reports using MS-Excel and Pivot tables to do the calculations and creating reports accordingly.
- Worked with the QA team for designing Test Plan and Test Cases for the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Regression Testing.
- Worked closely with Project Manager for any change request and helped to do Impact Analysis.
- Creating and modifying SQL queries to match the requirements.
ENVIRONMENT: Waterfall, MS Office, SQL, UAT Testing, HP QC, COTS