- Over 6 years of comprehensive experience in the field of Information Technology as Business Analyst, covering areas such as Business Process Design, Object oriented analysis, System verification and validation in diverse fields.
- Demonstrated excellence in project planning, business analysis, process management, contingency planning, change control and root cause analysis.
- Experienced in interacting with Stakeholders, User Clients, SME’s, SOA Architects, Test Managers, Developers and Testers while meeting the needs and goals of each parts respectively.
- Familiarity in Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology, use cases, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes and (OOAD) Object Oriented Analysis and Design.
- Gathered system requirements from user groups, worked with the users and programmers to produce functional requirements.
- Proven communication and exceptional people skills helped being a liaison between clients, SME’s, programmers and end users.
- Coordinated workshops, stakeholder communication sessions, and documentation gathering for multiple projects.
- Conducted gap analysis, risk analysis and cost benefit analysis.
- Created documents for validation and verification against business unit requirements.
- Extensive experience in gathering business and application requirements, business processes, identifying risks, impact analysis, UML modeling, sequence and activity diagrams using Rational Rose and Microsoft Visio.
- Expertise in UML implementing use case model, analysis model, design model, implementation model, use case diagrams, behavior diagrams and class diagram.
- Experience in creating and maintaining the requirement traceability matrix (RTM) & software requirement specifications (SRS). Created milestones which clearly defined the goals and able to track progress of projects using RUP methodologies.
- Worked with test teams to develop test scripts and ensure the testing results correspond to the business expectations.
- Strong experience in developing test plans, build test conditions and test cases, creating test data, analyzing bugs, interacting with development team members to fix defects.
- Strong knowledge of business intelligence, data warehousing & business architecture.
Process/Modeling Tool: Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), MS Visio, Rational Rose, Rational RequisitePro, Rational Clear Quest
Methodology: UML, RUP, Agile, Business Modeling
Databases: Oracle 9i/8.x/7.x, DB2, MS SQL Server 2000
Operating Systems: MS - DOS, UNIX, WINDOWS 98/2000/NT 4.0/XP
Programming Languages: SQL, HTML, C, C++
Office Tools: MS Office 2007/2003, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
Project Management: MS Project 2000/2003
Testing tools: QTP, Test director, Load Runner, Win Runner
Confidential, LOS ANGELES, CA
- Interviewed business (marketing) and system developers to capture, create, publish, and maintain requirement documents, Use cases, BRD & technical spec for web and mobile interfaces
- Have experience in doing excellent documentation on business requirements
- Performed end-to-end analysis of Business Use cases/ user stories and design of business systems
- Participated in system architecture development, created project images and architectural environment diagrams using MS Visio
- Established change management and approval mechanisms for the project deliverables
- Directed Business Analyst team to meet development objectives and timelines
- Partnered in project planning, estimation and work breakdown structure development process
- Developed Functional Spec and System Requirement Specifications (SRS), analyzed website wireframes checked web site functionality & maintained bi-directional requirement metrics
- Acted as the reference points for information flow from the business - IT - new vendor and vice-versa
- Analyzed Order Management system, data and process dependencies for upstream and downstream application data flow from frontend landing pages to middleware and fulfillment centers,
- Understood content publishing requirement of internet marketing team for product promotions and catalog management for different brands
- Participated in project walkthroughs, Sprint planning meetings and daily stand ups with development team to estimate timelines and effort and maintained sprint burn down chart
- Partnered in data modeling and database testing efforts
- Documented API specifications from code repository using Bazaar version control, Eclipse and PHP doc for Demandware reference
- Developed training material for dev environment setup and walkthrough documents for web interfaces
- Created and maintained error dictionary and Action Item traceability matrix
- Worked at code level with middleware developers to resolve defects and provide analytical assistance in credit card preauthorization, queue processing for order fulfillment by multiple FF centers
- Used Redmine for bug tracking
- Interacted with SMEs, architect and established business analysis and design methodology
- Developed and organized project document repository in Google docs, project server and developed project website for internal training
- Acquired a holistic and deep under-standing of how the organization functions, its business goals, and overall strategic vision; Interacted with business managers and executives at a fundamental level to ensure critical business needs are being met through IT and not being dictated by IT
- Interviewed stakeholders to get a better understanding of the current business process.
- Created Project Plan with Project Schedule, Task Assignment, Risk Management and Test Strategy.
- Conducted meeting and brainstorming sessions with SME’s, stakeholders and JAD’s with cross functional divisions to redesign the current business process into a future state model based on SOA; the to-be model clearly expressed how services relate the business requirements.
- Created and presented a Future State business process flow diagram to assert improvements
- Bridged the gap that divides business and technology by mapping business functionality and requirements into information systems models to support Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Followed the UML based methods using Visio to create use cases, activity diagrams
- Created Use Case Specifications, Functional Requirements, Non-Functional Requirements, and Business Rules Document in conjunction with Business and development team.
- Maintained business requirements, business use cases, application use cases, Functional Requirement Specifications, and business rules and linked them to UAT test cases
- Created Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) using Quality Center.
- Managed Change and was responsible for CCB Authorization related to project.
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, MILWAUKEE, WI
- Interacting with business in requirement gathering, design and develop data mart and data extraction process from EDW. Plan, track and manage development and implementation schedules.
- Extract application transaction data using DB2 Sql script and Unix scripts.
- Facilitate Unit testing and coordinated system integration testing and UAT by business users.
- Manage change requests and enhancements for the application. Submit project status reports on periodic basis.
- Assessment of AS-IS BI architecture. Interact with business interface and business entities to understand the expectations.
- Responsible for design of all reports, planning, tracking and managing the report development and implementation schedules.
- Develop and design the very complex reports, performance assessment and tuning of the reports based on the user feedback and managing change request and enhancements for the KMM reports.
- Facilitate Unit testing and coordinated system integration testing and UAT by business users. Manage change requests and enhancements for the application.
- Submit project status reports on periodic basis.
Confidential, CHICAGO, IL
- Performed initial requirements study for the rewrite of the LIR System (Large Item Review) user interface (UI) which is part of the Payee Validation Product. This User Interface system was around 15 years old and was rewritten from scratch.
- Performed Impact analysis for the mandated changes for Wachovia Bank and Wells Fargo A/C migrations.
- Provided recommendation for remediation necessary to ensure compliance.
- Performed Requirements Elicitation, Analysis and Documentation.
- Created MS-Visio diagrams to depict the “AS-IS” workflow of the system in place.
- Worked with enterprise architects to create the “to-be” workflow.
- Created the Project Scope Documentation for the project.
- Created the BRD, Use Case and FSD and Traceability Matrix for the project.
- Evaluated multiple Check Verification Software(s) (COTS) and did a thorough analysis of advantages vis-a-vis disadvantages of each.
- Decided on the usage of the Check Verification Software Product that is within budget without sacrificing features.(Fiserv-Fraud Guard)
- Handling end-to-end delivery and resource management.
- Performed the full SDLC for the LIR Rewrite Project.
- Interfacing with business and SME to understand their set expectations
- Creating work flow diagrams and report mockups to aid business and tech team
- Responsible to implement and manage the Change Requests
- Prioritize and manage the small requests
- Prioritize the outstanding issues, ensured that accuracy and deadlines were met
- Maintain development calendar to track project’s progress through its life cycle
- Reviewed test case documents for assigned projects with QA team
- Work with business in creation of test plans ensuring requirement accuracy
- Work closely with Business and IT Team to ensure the documents and process were as per compliance.
- Assisted project manager updating the Project release schedules
- Conducted weekly project status meeting with business sponsors
- Administering and coordinating the monthly release cycles
Confidential, WASHINGTON, DC
- Defined program and project goals, objectives, products, services, constraints, assumptions, risks and facilitated business process analysis by working with the project team, sponsor, and stakeholders to baseline the scope of the work and enable development of the plan.
- Worked on a full life cycle (SDLC) using Agile including requirements gathering
- Conducted user interviews at both in house and client locations and made documentation.
- Worked with the Call center and service center focusing on the problems related to the claims filed by the customers.
- Involved in working on different CRM tools including Health care plans, Short term disability plans, Plan sides and Processes using FACETS, and HIPPAx12 4010, 5010, Medicare and Medicaid regulations.
- Worked on different audit business processes and system architecture to check the process flow in the company.
- Used Gateway processing system for EDI transaction 270, 271, 276, 835, 837 for the payment of claims and transfer of remittances to the industry.
- Worked on Data warehouse project to integrate the sale performance subject area into one Data warehouse SPARK using ETL methodologies.
- Monitored and assisted in designing and development of Use Cases, Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams using UML.
- Created project plan Scope, Vision, Current state, future state document & High level BRD plus drafted UI managed dates, deliverables, schedule meeting for the team.
- Modeled the BRD document for Goals and Contact Manager Reporting, draw the Contextual diagram for the Current State and future Integration with draft dimensions and KP Hierarchies.
- Created new template for STM transaction mapping, by dimension, measures and attributes submit to data lead Analyst, updated, managed all project documentation on Share point.
- Perform data Governance Analysis, master data analysis, data molding and data quality Analysis,
- Used change system request CSR in case something goes wrong with the existing equipment to switch it with the new and updated system.
- Involved in every JAD and JAR session for requirement gathering and analysis.
- Conducted User acceptance testing of the system (UAT), data driven testing developing and maintaining quality procedures and ensuring that appropriate document is in place.
- Worked with development and testing teams using quality center to accomplish timely release objectives.