- Over 7+ years of industry experience as Business Analyst, including a strong understanding of Business Process Flows, Case Tools, and Business Analysis.
- Masters of science in computer science from one of teh top universities of technology. wif extensive experience in teh development, implementation and integration of processes wifin a team oriented environment, utilizing quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Strong Knowledge of SDLC methodology, project life cycle, and project management.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Experience working wif business users as well as senior management.
- Extensive experience to analyze and document business requirements and functional specifications.
- Experience in writing queries/scripts for Data Analysis and Manipulation in MS Access and MySQL using SQL scripts.
- Strong Knowledge of Agile methodology, UML, RUP, Rational Rose, Visio Pro etc.
- Proficient in creating Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams, Task Diagrams, Flow Charts, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Business Intelligence Tools etc.
- Good noledge of Business Process Flows/ Modeling, Case Tools, Business Re - Engineering, Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing.
- Experience in conducting GAP Analysis, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), SWOT Analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis and ROI Analysis, NPV, conducting feasibility studies, scope.
- Creative abilities and capable of forming and maintaining positive and productive team environments.
- Excellent Analytical Skills in Data Mining, Performance Management and Project Management to support strategic planning, goal setting, strengthen accountability, enhance decision making, and improve customer service.
- Strong Subject Matter expertise in Corporate Finance, Investment Banking, Financial Engineering, Risk Analysis, Asset Management- risks and returns, Financing Structures, Capital Management, Portfolio Analysis, Fund Services, Cost Accounting, Financial Accounting, Mutual Fund Administration.
- Strong Knowledge of Operations Management, Lean Management, Six Sigma and Capability Maturity Models (CMM).
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions for requirement gatherings, analysis, design, SCRUM, and Rapid Application Development (RAD) sessions to converge early toward a design and blue print acceptance to teh customer, and to limit a project’s exposure to teh forces of change.
- Knowledge of Mortgage Loan Servicing, Loan Origination, Student Loan Origination, Credit Card, Mergers and Acquisitions and Banking Industry.
- Effective time management skills and teh consistent ability to meet client deadlines.
- Excellent project management skills and proficient in using MS Project.
- Experienced in writing complex and technical reports for a varied high caliber audience.
Operating Systems: UNIX, DOS, Win 95/98/NT/2000/XP/7
Databases: MS SQL Server, MS Access, Lexis Nexis, Bloomberg
Methodology: SCRUM, UML, JAD, RAD, RUP, Waterfall, Agile
Skills: Data Analysis; SPSS, Financial Modeling
Project Mgmt, Design & Case tools: MS Project, Visio Pro, Rational Rose
Quality Management: Six Sigma, CMM, TQM, Lean Management and Operations Management
General: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, One Note, Access, MS Project
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Investigate analyze and transform data into set noledge, for better understanding of tasks for diverse functional teams.
- Facilitate and manage meeting sessions wif committee of SME from various business areas including E-commerce, Brokerage, Fixed Income, Mortgage Servicing, Loan Monitoring, Collateral Management, Credit Risk Management and Asset Management.
- Facilitate and conduct joint sessions JAD wif SMEs of front office, middle office, compliance, legal, operations, IT, and client services, to elicit teh requirements and develop teh business requirements. Additionally, act as liaison to elicit information and requirements wif outsource providers, vendors, auditors.
- Establish a business Analysis methodology around teh RUP (Rational Unified Process), and Six-Sigma.
- Produced and presented various Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams, Flow Chart activity Diagrams.
- Perform document and data analysis, mapping, research and analyze documents in SPSS, MS Access and SQL for key information, and produce written analysis.
- Perform Gap Analysis by identifying existing system, documenting teh enhancements to meet teh end state requirements.
- Create and manage all levels of metric reporting
- Working in an ever changing multi-tasked environment wif high priorities, varying workloads and strict deadlines.
- Participate in systems development efforts and new initiatives including any testing, parallels and specification input.
- Support teh implementation of new business and strategic initiatives for teh corporation.
Environment: MS Visio, Oracle, Websphere, Test Director, MS SQL server 2003, MS Office, Load Runner, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, Share Point, Project, One Note), Bloomberg, SQL, Windows 7, Six Sigma, SCRUM, JAD, RUP, Agile, SPSS and SDLC
Confidential, Pasadena, CA
- Worked extensively wif SMEs in understanding and documenting their requirements pertaining to Credit Card, Debit Card Processing, and Analysis of Credit Risk, Clearance and Authorization and mitigation of risks.
- Created functional and system specifications for teh Debit Card Processing system and Pre-Approval of Consumer Loans for teh authorization and settlement phases.
- Collaborated wif different teams on Content, Web Operations, Analytics, Web Development, Integrated Marketing, Creative Services, Corporate Communications, Legal Services, 3rd-party agencies and vendors, etc.
- Designed complex user interfaces for virtual terminals.
- Worked wif teh Business users and tech lead in gathering their requirements and data transaction information.
- Facilitated and managed meeting sessions wif committee of SME from various business areas including E-commerce, Brokerage, Fixed Income, Mortgage Servicing, Loan Monitoring, Collateral Management, Credit Risk Management and Asset Management.
- Developed and implemented processes and tools for requirements gathering, Analysis, planning, tracking and delivery using Rational Rose, requisite pro and RUP
- Extract & load data using MS Access and Excel.
- Analyzed user problems, including business processes and identified, researched, investigated, defined and documented business processes
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and Collaboration Diagrams using UML.
- Provided scenarios and cases on AS-IS and TO-BE Business Procedures.
- Designed business models dat served to identify requirements and communicate information between teams.
- Ensured User Acceptance Testing completion by non-technical user.
- Used use case diagrams during analysis to capture teh requirements.
- Regularly conducted SWOT analysis, and provided assessment and identification of key aspects for a sustainable system in respect to teh competitors, enhanced brand value, and better customer interaction in teh region.
- Provided regular feedback to teh senior management through daily briefs, weekly assignments, monthly, and quarterly reports, providing updated documents and progress.
Environment: Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, Windows 2000, Unix, Java/J2EE, MS Office, Rational Clear Case, Rational Clear Quest, Oracle, XML, HTML, Microsoft SQL Server, Load Runner
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Analyzed business requirements and segregated them into Use Cases and activity diagrams using Rational Rose according to UML methodology thus defining Data Process Models.
- Designed teh business requirement collection approach based on teh project scope and SDLC methodology.
- Co-authored business requirements document wif project teams. Extracted, discussed, and refined business requirements from business users and team members. Carried out detailed and comprehensive business analysis wif teh RUP methodology.
- Facilitated and managed meeting sessions wif committee of SME from various business areas including Security, Accounts (Payable & receivable), Legal Cells, E-commerce, Credit Risk Management, Asset Management and Loan Origination.
- Performed trouble shooting in various stages throughout teh project.
- Identified, researched, investigated, analyzed, defined and documented business processes through Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams, Flow Chart activity Diagrams, using MS Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Performed GAP Analysis for existing systems enhancements, and to make process more user friendly.
- Used Data mapping for collecting teh data.
- Liaison wif other corporate departments, including Human Resources, Finance, Executive, Legal and Information Services as well as vendors, for sharing information and project flow, and collecting latest developments.
- Researched and analyzed operational procedures and methods and recommended changes for improvement-wif an emphasis on automation and efficiency.
- Development of On- Line Support and Information, for Third Party Vendors, and authorized dealers.
- Conducted UAT sessions for making process user friendly and provided to users, associates on automated systems.
Environment: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, Share Point, Project, One Note), SCRUM, SQL, Six Sigma, SWOT, Gap Analysis, Lean Management, UML JAD, RUP, Agile, SDLC
- Responsible for continuous process improvement and for identifying and maintaining a clear and measurable Development Process dat is deployable throughout teh enterprise using RUP.
- Developed prototype of new information processing application. Facilitated collection of requirements from system users and preparation of business requirement documents using Rational RequisitePro dat provided appropriate scope of work for technical team to develop prototype and overall system.
- GatherBusinessRequirements, analyze data/workflows. Defined teh scope, financial projections and Cost/benefit analysis. Progressed from Problem Statement to well-documented designs.
- Assisted Project Teams in preparing Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Software Design Documents (SDD), User Interface Design, designing of Application Architecture & Database Modeling.
- Worked as an Interface between teh users and teh different teams involved in teh application development for better understanding of teh business and IT processes.
- Proactively transformed teh textual-based platform-specific architecture requirements into stable platform independent model products.
- Analyze Business Requirements from Black Box testing perspective. Reviewed Test Strategy and Test Plans to ensure dat test cases reflect user needs for teh functional, User Interface, Performance, Usability and Security requirements.
- Followed a structured approach to organize requirements into logical groupings of essential business processes, business rules, and information needs, and ensure dat critical requirements are not missed.
- Followed teh UML based methods using Rational Rose to create: Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and Collaboration Diagrams.
- Identified Test Harnesses, which assisted QA effort in reducing teh redundancy of Automation Scripts and made them more reusable.
- Involved in generation of test data inputs for both positive and negative data to enhance Recovery/ Failover testing.
- Coordinated work plan between project manager and client wif Microsoft Project; implemented and managed migration process& developer fixes; retested fixes; scheduled and tracked progress for team members of project through completion.
- Establish Incident Reporting and Change Control procedures using ClearQuest.
- Using RUP provided technical leadership and expertise in reorganization of a complex End-to-End Testing effort and performed System analysis and organizational review of existing QA process.
Environment: MS Office, RUP, UML, SQL, Rational Rose, MS Visio, SWOT analysis, Lotus Notes, UAT, MS Project