- Business Analyst with 7 + years industry experience in Travel and Hospitality Industry.
- Proficient in Technical and Business Writing, Business Process Flow, Business Process Modeling, Business Analysis and Testing various methodologies.
- Expertise in Project Management i.e. Project Scoping, Planning, Estimating, Scheduling, Organizing, Directing, Controlling, Budgeting and Drafting Remedy Procedures.
- Experience in facilitating Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) sessions with Business User Groups, conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with IT Groups and Conflict Management with Project team members.
- Deep understanding the knowledge of Risk analysis, Securities (Stocks and corporate bonds) and their valuation, Portfolio Management (risks and returns) and analysis, Asset Allocations Bond pricing, etc.
- Experience in writing automated scripts, designing Test procedures, Manual Test cases
- In depth knowledge Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology, Use Cases, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes, Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA/D).
- Competent in Creating Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams.
- Extensive experience in developing Use Cases, creating Screen Mockups, conducting Gap Analysis and Impact Analysis, SWOT analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis, Risk Analysis.
- Facilitated Change Management across entire process from Project conceptualization to Testing through Project Delivery, Software Development and Implementation Management in diverse Business and Technical Environments
- Extensive experience with Content Management tools such as Interwoven, Filenet, SharePoint and Documentum
- Extensive experience with SQL in an Oracle / DB2 / SQL server environment along with visual query tools like db2 visualiser and MS Access.
- Responsible to Track, Document, Capture, Manage and Communicate the Requirements using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM)which helped in controlling numerous artifacts produced by the teams across the deliverables for a project
- Involved in Test Planning,Test Preparation, Test Execution, Issue Resolution and Report Generation to assure that all aspects of a Project are in Compliance with the Business Requirements.
- Strong experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and documentation of Test Cases. Expertise in designing and developing Test Plans and Test Scripts.
- Interface with clients from Operations, Marketing, Sales, Technologies, and Outside Vendors and act as their customer interface point as the lead of the Projects.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent Interpersonal and Customer Relational Skills, Proven Communication, Organizational, Analytical, Presentation Skills, and Leadership Qualities.
Programming Languages: C,C++,C#,VC++,VB,VB.NET,C#.NET, ASP.NET, Java, SQL, PLSQL
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP, Linux.
Databases: MS - Access, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, DB2, Sybase
Application Servers: IBM Websphere, ATG Dynamo, BEA WebLogic.
Automation Tools: MS Visio, Rational Rose, Rational ClearCase, RationalRequisiteProDocumentum, Caliber RM,DOORS
Bug Tracking Tools: Mercury TestDirector, Rational ClearQuest
Content Management Tools: Documentum, Sharepoint, Interwoven, Filenet
Utility Tools: MS Office Suite, MS Project, Snag it, TOAD, Adobe Photoshop
Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reports (SSRS)
Data warehousing Tools: Informatica, Business Objects, Cognos, Erwin
Testing Tools: Quick TestPro (QTP), TestDirector, WinRunner, LoadRunner, SOAP UI
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Responsible for developing coordinating and collaborating closely with project managers, product release managers, developers and Designers.
- Being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices
- Ensured that software changes are tested and validated prior to releasing them into theproduction environment.
- Plannedstrategically for current and future business environments, including future technology and requested design changes to create flexible solutions
- Incorporated requirement into user-stories and provided consulting support in human factors engineering and SDLC
- Tracked problems and defects: revised product documentation as needed and provided support to QA
- Clearly articulated business concepts and processes to the technical team in a meaningful way
- Evaluate Client requirements against the scope of the project, identifying and addressing any product gaps for the implementation.
- Supported the various testing phases, which includes integration, End to End testing, and User Acceptance
- Provided functional/technical assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Worked as an Interface between the Users and the different teams involved in the application development for the better understanding of the Business and IT Processes.
- Verified the Business Scenarios on new builds to allow extended testing by the QA team.
- Audited, uncovered and resolved data integrity issues. Performed data loading and merging/mapping process.
- Thorough understanding of QA methodology and best practices, executed QA test plans for software.
- Designed, developed and implemented automation frameworks for business-critical products.
- Supported development staff by assisting with functionality questions, addressing testing issues, EPR issues, training on new products and all delivery planning aspects for deployment of a service or product, as assigned.
- Used SOAP UI extensively for validating incoming change requirements
- Analysed User Requirement Document, Business Requirement Document (BRD), Technical Requirement Specification and Functional Requirement Specification (FRS).
- Prepared and analysed existing architecture and performed Gap Analysis.
- Created workflow scenarios, designed new process flows and documented the Business Process and various Business Scenarios and activities of the Business from the conceptual to procedural level.
Environment: Rational Enterprise Suite (Rose, RequisitePro, ClearCase, ClearQuest), Visual Basic, SQL, SQL Server, Oracle, C#.Net, MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, DOORS, J2EE, Java, HTML, Windows Forms, Web Forms, LoadRunner, WinRunner, SOAP UI, XMLSpy
Confidential, Memphis, TN
- Author Project Charter documents
- Conduct analysis of existing systems
- Conduct Requirements Gathering sessions with the use of Content Data Modelling, User Surveys, Brainstorming and User Interviews with Stakeholders, internal users and third party vendors
- Develop Scope Statements based on findings of Requirements Gathering meetings
- Participate in Functional Information Specification document creation process
- Participate in Development Solution in regards to Interwoven Team site related design and implementation concepts.
- Led the development and evolution of theloyaltyprogram and strategic partnerships along Confidential, with a specific focus on building the awareness, engagement and advocacy for the brand portfolio across the Asia Pacific markets, increasing activeloyaltyprogram membership and incremental revenues for both rooms and F&B revenue.
- Manage Content Entry phases of projects including content loading and UAT scheduling
- Conduct initial Interwoven Teamsite template testing related to projects on an individual project basis
- Designed a multi-year strategic plan to ensure theHiltonHonors frequent guestloyalty program remains the preeminent hospitalityloyaltyprogram, creating additional value for members, owners andHiltonWorldwide.
- Conduct Project Status meetings.
- Manage B2Cloyaltyprogrammarketing, overseeing the tactical implementation of in-language member communications in the channels of email, direct mail, on-property collateral & advertising
- Ensure content initiatives adhere to defined Project Requirements
- Provide Executive Management with progress and status reports for content related initiatives
- Conducted JAD & Brainstorming sessions with the development team and stakeholders.
- Performed extensive requirement analysis including Data analysis and Gap analysis.
- Interacted with ADS team and QA experts to ensure that the application under development confines to the business requirements.
- Worked as an Interface between Users and the different teams involved in the application development for better understanding.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Sr. Business Analyst
- Interviewed Business Users to gather Requirements and analysed the feasibility of their needs by coordinating with the project manager and technical lead.
- Conducted extensive requirement analysis
- Performed business using casewise modeller
- Developed and managed Project Plans and Schedules. Managed resolution of Project issues and conflicts.
- Participate in Development Solution in regards to Interwoven Teamsite related design and implementation concepts
- Thoroughly studied the requirements for the process re-engineering
- Prepared Business Requirement Documents (BRD’s) after the collection of Functional Requirements from System Users that provided appropriate scope of work for technical team to develop prototype and overall system.
- Conducted one to one interviews with Portfolio Manager to gather Business Requirements and was involved in the documentation of Business Requirement Documents.
- Developed and implemented processes and tools for requirements gathering, analysis, planning, tracking and delivery using Rational Rose requisite pro - RUP
- Managed Content using Sharepoint content management server
- Created relationships in Requirement Traceability Matrix linking Business Requirements to Functional requirements and Functional Requirements to Systems Requirements.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with IT groups. Identified the Key Changes, and participated in Stakeholder Management to communicate effectively with them
- Developed and Documented timelines for Project Delivery, and managed Projects and Resources to successful completion.
- Responsible for creating test plans, test cases and test scripts for user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Created automated Load test scripts using Load Runner.
- Involved in analysis for wide range of Six Sigma and Web-based initiatives, including user requirements.
- Prepared Test Plans for each release, written Test Cases and executed them as part of Functional Testing. Prepared Test Reports and Deliverables and submitted for version releases.
- Prepared graphical depictions of Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, State Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Component Based Diagrams, and Collateral Diagrams and creation of technical design (UI screen) using Microsoft Visio.
- Worked on Documentum for Version Controlling, to maintain up to date changes in the Documents.
- Assisted to develop the Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Scenarios to be used in testing based on Business Requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing, gathered and documented User Manuals and Business Rules
Environment: Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project, Casewise modeller, Borland CaliberRM, Unix, Documentum, Windows NT/XP, Oracle, SQL, SQL Server, Sybase, Six Sigma, VBScript, C#. DOORS, C++, NET, ASP.NET, Business Objects, TestDirector, LoadRunner
- Developed business requirement specification documents as well as high-level project plan.
- Extracted the Business Requirements from the end users keeping in mind their need for the application and prepared Business Requirement Documents (BRD) using Rational RequisitePro.
- Reviewed Design Documents, Requirements Analysis Specifications with Project Lead, Business Owners and the Technical Lead
- Established a business analysis methodology around the RUP (Rational Unified Process). Helped develop use cases, project plans and manage scope.
- Created and managed Project Templates, Use Case Project Templates, Requirement Types and Traceability Relationships in RequisitePro.
- Requirements Elicitation, Analysis, Communication, and Validation according to Six Sigma Standards.
- Extensively used MS SharePoint a content management platform, for managing content across the organization within a shared repository.
- Conduct initial Interwoven Teamsite template testing related to projects on an individual project basis
- Wrote Test plan and Test cases for the Integration testing and system testing.
- Involved in creating automated Test Scripts representing various Transactions, Documenting the Load Testing Process and Methodology. Created meaningful reports for analysis and integrated the Performance Testing in the SDLC.
- Involve in preparing Trace Matrix to design test cases
- Conducted Functional Walkthroughs, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and supervised the development of User Manuals for customers.
- Authored test plans, test cases for various test scenarios and helped testing team to better understand the test scripts.
- Worked as a User/Customer advocate and negotiated with user as well as with developers and management staff to resolve any requirement conflict to bridge the Gaps between IT and Business.
- Various versions of the documents generated during the project were maintained and managed using Rational ClearCase and performed defect tracking using Rational ClearQuest.
- Tested the final application for Usability testing to verify whether all the User Requirements were catered to by the application.
Environment: Rational Clear Case,Doors, IBM WebSphere, Six Sigma, XML, Java, J2EE, JSP, RUP, VoAVPN, Oracle, MS Visio, DB2, Sybase, SQL Server Reports, WinRunner, LoadRunner, Quick TestPro
Confidential, Margate, FL
- Conceptualized primary process flow diagrams using Microsoft Visio and CaseWise tool sets.
- Conducted interviews with key business users to collect requirement and business process information.
- Assisted developers with website support in regards to Content Management to take control of the Web pages by managing the content as distinct from the design.
- Developed Test cases for manual testing and automated them using Win Runner, Silk, Load Runner, Silk performer and QTP.
- Created project WBS (work breakdown structure), allocated resources to projects and project activities in PeopleSoft and Clarity (project & portfolio management tool)
- Developed business process models in RUP to document existing and future business processes.
- Performed extensive requirement analysis including data analysis and gap analysis.
- Designed and developed all Use Cases and UML models using Rational.
- Developed Sequence Diagrams, OOD using UML.
- Developed requirement reports for day-to-day retail banking needs for opening account, online banking using rational SoDA.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the project cycle.
- Partnered with the technical areas in the research and resolution of system and process problems.
- Conducted benchmarking activities to identify best practices.
- Used Rational Clear Case and Clear Quest as Configuration Management and Change control tools.
- Developed strategies with Quality Assurance group to implement Test Cases in Mercury Test Director
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Environment: Uml, MS-Project, MS-Office Suite, MS Visio, MS Visual Source Safe (VSS), Java, J2EE, Web Sphere, XML, SQL Server, Windows