- 8+ years of experience in Information Technology with multitude of domain expertise such as Insurance (life, health, Auto), Banking, Retirement Plans, Annuities, Finance, Mobile and Retail.
- Worked in various Software Development Life Cycle Methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile (Scrum), Rational Unified Process (RUP), Spiral, Pair Programming, Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) as well as various Organizational Methodologies (hybrid).
- Handled various roles such as Business Analyst, Business System Analyst, Business System Test Analyst, Test Analyst.
- Performed as Lead Business Analyst and Iteration Manager on a need basis.
- Recognized for establishing strong customer relationship.
- Created Product Backlog, Master Story List, and prioritized the same.
- Designed and Maintained Scrum boards throughout iterations.
- Authored various Requirement Documents such as Business Requirement Document, System Requirement Document, System Requirement Specification, Functional Requirement Document, Use Case, User Story, Requirement Traceability Matrix, Test Cases, Test Plans, Business Rules document, Data Mapping Documents, and various other documents on need basis.
- Created various UML diagrams such as Process Maps, Use case diagrams, State diagram, Activity diagram, Sequence Diagrametc.
- Gathered Requirements using various Requirement Gathering techniques such as One on One Interviews, Group discussions, Brainstorming, Joint Application Requirement Sessions (JAR), Join Application Development Sessions (JAD), WhiteBoardingetc.
- Authored Functional Requirements, Non - functional Requirements, Business Rules, Graphical User Interface Requirements (GUI), Information Requirements, Report Requirements, Data Rules, Transformation Rules, Test Cases & Test Plans, and traced them using various Requirement repositories and Project tracking tools such as SharePoint, AtlassianJira, Trac, RationalRequirementsComposer (RRC), Rational Team Concert (RTC), Rational RequisitePro, Rational ClearQuest, and Quality Center.
- Created Mapping documents for Web Services and ETL projects.
- Created Defect logs and Monitored until closure of the same.
- Supported Production Support teams by documenting Route Cause Analysis and Mitigation Plans as well as making timely communications to business stakeholders until closure of any critical/high priority production defects.
- Authored onboarding documents for new hires and Mentored new team members.
- Facilitated User Acceptance Tests (UAT) on behalf of Product teams.
- Facilitated Show and Tell /Demo sessions for user acceptance
- Gathered requirements for both Client-Server and Web-Based Applications.
- Identified, documented and coordinatedintrateam dependencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, technically competent and ability to work independently.
- Functional knowledge of various modules of insurance like channel management, policy servicing, claims management, underwriting, reinsurance and finance.
- Thorough understanding of insurance laws, regulations and company policies.
- Experienced in insurance claims systems implementation.
- Excellent knowledge of various policy administration & industry standard tools such as ACORD standards
- Excellent knowledge Retirement plan domain- 401 K, 403 B, 457-B; various investment options; Plan distributions; Plan contributions, and Plan Assets.
- Gathered Requirements for various stakeholder Reports (Banking, Insurance, and Retail domains).
- Hands on experience working on various Retail Ecommerce application- Returns Management System
- Gathered Requirement for Bank - UI, API Services, Content for both Web and Mobile Applications. Employment History:
Operating System: Windows & Linux
Methodologies: UML, Data Modeling Conceptual, Logical, Object Modeling, ERD, Data Flow Diagrams, BPMN, Context Diagrams
Tools: SharePoint, MEGA, Lotus Notes, Trac, Rational Suite RequisitePro, Rose, Clear Case, Clear Quest, Test Director, Borland Star Team, MS Office, Visio, Excel, Access, & Lync.
Domains Standards: HIPAA, IEEE Standards, & NACHA.
Domain Expertise: Insurance (life, health, Auto), Banking, Retirement Plans, Annuities, Finance, Mobile and Retail.
Documentation Techniques: Business Requirement Document, System Requirement Document, System Requirement Specification, Functional Requirement Document, Use Case, User Story, Requirement Traceability Matrix, Test Cases, Test Plans, Business Rules document, Data Mapping Documents, Periodic Status Reports, KPI Reports, Root Cause Analysis, Risk Logs & Mitigation Plans, SLA Reports, UML Diagrams, Training Manuals.
Requirement Gathering Techniques: One on One Interviews, Group discussions, Brainstorming Sessions, Joint Application Requirement Sessions (JAR), Join Application Development Sessions (JAD), White Boarding.
Business System Analyst
- Analyzed App Enhancement Documents from Business Troika and break down epics to User stories.
- Created Master Story List and Prioritized product backlog.
- Analyzed existing Requirement documents and conducted JAD sessions to better understand current Reports.
- Prioritized user stories and created iteration backlogs.
- Coordinate with various downstream systems to ensure that the scope is defined clearly across teams.
- Facilitated JAR sessions to elicit detailed requirements and documented the same.
- Captured Minutes of meetings, Actions Items, Due Dates, owners for action items and tracked the same until closure.
- Created Use Cases, User stories, Information Requirements, Business Rules, Report Requirements in RRC and Mapped the same to story cards in RTC
- Performed various Review process such as Peer Review, Out Side the Line RA Peer Review, Business Review and Approvals.
- Captured Requirements for existing as well as brand new Reports, Letters, Statements
- Created Mockups based on Requirements.
- Prepared a Standard Questionnaire template for the team that can be re-used for Reports, Letters, and statements.
- Conducted Exploratory Testing and logged defects appropriately.
- Performed as a Subject Matter Expertise (SME) for Reporting Foundation Application (WebFocus).
- On boarded and Mentored New Requirement Analysts.
- Conducted various requirement walk through sessions to help end to end testers.
- Created Data mapping sheets
- Identified data elements required for new reports and coordinated with the Run Team for successfully Migrating data to the new data warehouse.
- Identified pain points with the current requirement process and recommended various improvements in Requirement signoff process.
Environment: Agile-Scrum,SharePoint,WebFocus, Java, Data warehouse, ETL-Informatica, RTC, RRC, Quality Center, MS-Office, Ruby-Automation.
Lead BSTA (Business System Test Analyst)
- Identified and established a hybrid SDLC methodology (SCRUM) for the team.
- Represented Automations team in Governance/Steering Committee Meetings.
- Established strong customer relationship by periodical One on one and group meetings.
- Identified and established various complex excel templates for Capacity Planning, Burn Report, Project Dashboards, Work allocations, Weekly/Monthly Status Reports, Service Level Agreements & Reports, Ballpark estimates, Hourly estimates etc.
- Received Team appreciation in all four Quarters.
- Conducted JAR session involving stakeholders and other business users to elicit requirements, establish milestones & deadlines.
- Identified the best fit documentation technique for the team in ReqPro (SUPL).
- Mentored Business Analysts on Supplementary Specification (SUPL) documentation technique.
- Coordinated the team’s Integration, Production, as well as EMER elevations of code.
- Mentored Team on the usage of ReqPro including traceability between various Requirement types such as AUTO, PRJ, UIs, and SUPL requirements in ReqPro.
- Created Test Plan/Scenarios & Test cases template.
- Reviewed SUPL and test case documents.
- Created Test data in Vantage Test and Integration regions to perform System Testing
- Performed System Testing
Environment: SCRUM, Workflow/Process Flow Diagrams (Visio), ReqPro, ClearQuest, SharePoint, MS-Office, VBA, .NEt, Vantage System.
- Agile Scrum with a 3-week sprint cycle
- Worked with System analysts to create the Code Decomposition documents for the existing Cash Disbursed System (Mainframe).
- Conducted JAD sessions involving Business Owners/SMEs/Product Owner to identify functionalities needed for the New Common Disbursement System.
- Reviewed High-level Requirements documents and created product backlog.
- Prioritized Use cases and conducted recurring meetings with the Business Analysts Team to ensure consistency use cases.
- Worked with the Wireframe Team in designing the Administrative User Interface design.
- Conducted JAD sessions involving Business partners, Wireframe designers, and product owners to baseline Admin UI design.
- Created a Review & Feedback process for Use cases created by the Business Analysts.
- Identified and documented detailed Business Requirements and Business Rules.
- Created a One Stop Shop document consisting reference documents needed to create use cases.
- Created Dependency documents illustrating internal dependencies as well as dependency on other ICP/CDE projects and communicated with the overall dependency coordinator.
- Created Process Maps using MS Visio.
- Experienced in PeopleSoft HCM and the dependencies with between modules within HCM and PeopleSoft Finance.
- Experienced with PeopleSoft Time and Labor modules.
- Conducted Risk Analysis Sessions and created Risk Tracking documents.
- Contributed in developing Test cases, Test plans & performed accessibility testing.
- Collaborated with the testing team to develop user acceptance test cases and test criteria.
- Served as a liaison between the offshore and onsite teams in the development phase.
Environment: Scrum, Business Process Design/ Workflow Analysis, PeopleSoft, Reverse Engineering, MS Project, Office, MEGA, SharePoint, Lotus Notes,SharePoint, Mainframe, Java.
- Agile Scrum with a 2-week sprint cycle
- Analyzed the existing returns management system and created the AS-IS and To-Be workflows
- Conducted JAD sessions with Business Owners/SMEs for the product backlog
- Authored Business Requirement Document illustrating all Business needs captured from the Business users.
- Created and prioritized product backlog
- Created the sprint backlog and elaborated them in to User Stories
- Identified and documented User Story dependencies
- Identified and documented Risks and mitigation Plan.
- Mocked Business Intelligence Reports in Excel.
- Conducted document review meetings with the Project Team.
- Contributed in developing Test cases & Test plans.
- Performed Regression Testing of the system.
- Collaborated with the testing team to develop test cases and test criteria.
- Assisted business users and business process consultants to execute user acceptance tests.
Environment: Agile, Business Process Design/ Workflow Analysis, Reverse Engineering, MS Project, Office, Access,SharePoint.
Business System Analyst
- Interacted with the Business Development Team for requirement gathering, establishing feasibility and identify potential risk.
- Created Business Requirement Document (BRD).
- Facilitated JAD sessions involving stakeholders to review the BRD.
- Authored System Requirement Specifications (SRS) including Data Requirements and GUI Requirements based on BRD and feed backs from the JAD Session.
- Worked very closely with UX team in designing UI for web and mobile.
- Analyzed impacts of business rules, and configuration decisions on downstream systems and interfaces.
- Developed Use Case diagrams, business flow diagrams, Activity/State diagrams and Sequence diagrams using Rational rose enabling developers and other stakeholders to understand the business process.
- Facilitated Requirement Artifacts Review Sessions involving the project team.
- Worked extensively on Rational Clear Quest to track Project status, monitor workload and detect issues including defect submissions and enhancement requests.
- Managed Document version control in Share Point site.
- Created Test cases, Test plans and Traceability Matrix.
- Participated in User Acceptance Testing and Business-to-Business (B2B) testing.
- Supported Infrastructure team in deployment process.
Environment: RUP, Share point, Business Process Design/ Workflow Analysis, Rational Requisite Pro, Rose, Clear Case, Clear Quest, Data Warehousing, MS Project, Office, Access.
- Performed requirement sessions with Business users.
- Analyzed current business process and identified pain points.
- Worked with end users to identify business requirements.
- Analyzed AS-IS business process and system architecture/design.
- Monitored Business partner expectations through active involvement and communication throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Identified, researched, investigated, analyzed, defined and documented current business processes.
- Gathered User and Business Requirements through JAD sessions and surveys using Rational Requisite tool.
- Interacted with business users across multiple geographies.
- Authored System Requirement Specification document, Functional Requirement Documents (FRD/SRS), non-functional requirements document and user stories.
- Coordinated change requests and control towards implementation by conducting feasibility analysis
- Used data modeling techniques for creating entity-relationship diagrams and process flows in status transition representation
- Designed prototypes and performed framework analysis
- Documented business and data definitions.
- Experience working with reference data to identify redundancies and map them to the existing system.
- Explained auto Insurance, Insurance Rules and Claims terms to the Dev team.
- Co-ordinated with the development team in defect fixing and communicate requirements from the business
- Used SQl for extracting data from the Oracle database and performed data analysis
- Acted as a prime contact during UAT phases of the project
- Conducted user walk through sessions for the business users and senior management.
Environment: Windows XP/2000, MS Share Point, Crystal Reports, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook), SQL, Java/J2EE, Rational Suite.
- Documented project scope defining stakeholders, scope of project, timeline, benefits, business problem, constraints, and context diagramming for all projects assigned.
- Gathered functional and supplemental requirements, defined current and future state, use case documentation (as needed).
- Successfully passed Requirements Inspections and Quality Gates.
- Facilitated JAR sessions for all phases of projects.
- Participated in Quality Gates for requirement inspections.
- Worked with Product Owners to identify business processes requirements and rules. Certain parts of As - Is process were developed by reverse engineering.
- Authored Systems Requirement Specification (SRS) focusing on requirements, rules, and data elements including Use Cases.
- Created Use case models and worked with the prototype team in developing a User Interface Prototype.
- Conducted Usability testing of the UI prototype to ensure user friendly application.
- Created a Requirement Traceability Matrix to enhance requirements management especially during change control.
- Created/Updated Conceptual and Logical Object models, Enterprise Data Flow Diagrams, Context Diagrams, Use Case Realizations Activity and Sequence diagrams, with special detail to Sub-Processes and comprehensive business process model.
- Assisted data architects to understand the business requirements to create an efficient Physical Data Model and resolve the data integration and mapping source to Confidential issues arising out of data transfer to and from distributed sources.
- Created system integration test cases to ensure integration of systems is correctly implemented.
- Conducted periodic status meetings.
- Developed user manuals and communication documents.
- Managed Change Control Requests (CCR) and updated the scope with the new changes
Environment: BASEL II, Business Intelligence, IEEE Standard for Software Requirements 830 1998 and Test Documentation 829, RUP, Document Management Documentum, Business Process Design/ Workflow Analysis, Reverse Engineering, System Integration, Rational Requisite Pro, Rose, Clear Case, Clear Quest, Data Warehousing, MS Project, Office, Access,SharePoint 2010, Enterprise Architect.s