- Accomplished IT professional with over 20 years (Ys) of extensive multi - industry experience developing and supporting products in various areas including: Financial (9 Ys), Health Insurance/Financials (3 Ys), Telecommunications (1Ys), and Government (7 Ys), industries/sectors.
- It includes over 17 years as a Senior Business Systems Analyst.
- Exceptional analytical problem solving ability, with excellent relationship, verbal and written communications skills, that I use to communicate directly with the client to gather functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Bilingual: Spanish and English.
- Results-driven project manager, with over 17 years delivering projects in Waterfall and Agile frameworks on-time, on budget, and meeting the customers’ requirements and expectations from Project Initiation to Project Closure.
- Proficient in business process analysis and translating results into functional, non functional, and system requirements. Communicating non-technical business details to the executive staff while supplying the technical requirements and details to the development and testing teams (25 Ys).
- Strong knowledge of Agile approaches and techniques, like Scrum, Kanban, XP, user stories, continuous integration, continuous testing, pairing, automation testing, and Agile Games with commitment to deliver the product on time.(5 Yrs)
- An expert in the elicitation of requirements, requirements analysis for needs identification, technical execution, planning for quality across services in alignment with corporate strategic goals. Extensive experience with JAR/JAD Facilitation, Project Management, Scope Management, Change Control, Impact and Traceability analysis. Background includes all phases of software development lifecycle (SDLC), and Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC). (20 Ys)
- Team player with proven ability to develop sound working relationships with team members, clients, and customers.
- Specific areas of emphasis for previous assignments include: Scrum Master, Product Owner, project & relationship management; business process analysis & design, functional analysis & development, development of Product Logs & User Stories, Data Mapping &ETL, Testing Business and Financial; project test planning and execution of SIT/UAT; providing 3rd level production support, troubleshooting and diagnosis across a wide range of platforms and applications
- Roles held include: Technical Team Leader (3Ys), Senior Business Systems Analyst (17 Ys), Senior QA Analyst (6 mths), Programmer Analyst/Systems Developer (7 Ys), Program Manager/Scrum Master/Delivery Manager (3 Ys).
SKILLS AND METHODS:
Reverse Engineering systems, Workflow Analysis, Process Automation, UML, BPM, Use Case Analysis, Direct Capture of Objectives (DCO), Requirement Analysis (Reqs), Definition Verification and validation; Enterprise Architecture Modeling and design, Object Oriented Analysis (OOAD); COTS Gap and Fit Analysis, Integration of enterprise system, and Testing; Reqs Traceability and Impact Analysis; Generation of functional specifications; ER/Data Modeling
Project Chartering, Project Management, Relationship Management, Identification of User Needs and mapping to System Reqs; Elicitation of requirements; JAR/JAD Facilitation; Business Process Modeling; Information Modeling;
Workflow Automation; Change Management; Business Process Reengineering; Project Scope and Identification; Model Validation; COTS Trade Studies
Test project planning; Black box/white box/gray; Script development; SQL injection testing;
Execution of System Integration testing (SIT), Business Acceptance Testing (BAT/UAT), Performance & Stress; setting up test bed data; Data scripting; Test scenario /test case develop; multiple in house software & COTS packages, HW, & OS; Implementing and Dev QA Standards
OS/Web/Application Servers: MS-OFFICE (Word, Excel, Visio, Access), Share Point, MS Project, TOAD, RemedyCRM Siebel Marketing, HP Service Manager, CA Service Desk Manager, PEGA CRM and Sales platforms BPM, Pega Build for Change Platform (PBCP), Attlassian set (JIRA, Confluence) and ServiceNow, Java, J2EE, HTML, XML, Visual Basic, C++, COBOL, JCL, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL
BPM Tools: Rational Rose, UML 2.2, BPM, Blue Prints, and Visio
Testing Tools: HP ALM QC (Quality Center), JIRA Rational Clear Case, CVS, ALMC Mercury, inteGreat, and Pega Systems
Database Apps: Oracle, MS SQL server, MS-Access, UDB, PL/1 IMS DB/DC, DB2, Azure Cloud
Methodologies: Waterfall, Direct Object Capture (DCO), Agile, Scrum, and RUP
Platforms: Sun OS (UNIX, Solaris), MS Windows, .NET, MVS, TSO/ISPF, Z/OS, & OS/2 MQ Series.
Web Servers/Services: Web Sphere, Web Logic, SOAP and XML
Unit Testing: JUnit, Korn Shell, SOAP and JCL
Senior Technical Business Systems Analyst/Scrum Master
- Responsible for defining, planning, implementing, operating & administering incident management processes in Agile Kanban project methodology.
- Queue Manager. Working directly with all internal & external stakeholders in troubleshooting and resolution of incidents, or requests raised by agents, product owners supporting the multiple line of financial products in Canada, Colombia, Chile, & Mexico.
- Triaged all incidents by investigating reported software issues, conducting tests to isolate problems & root cause in order to prepare clear incident reports for further investigation by 3rd Level Operation Support.
- Managed defect resolution cycle, monitoring and balancing the workload within 10 Level 2 Analysts, and assigning incidents within the group/division as required. Coordinated System Integration Testing with QA team.
- Documented Business and System Process models, Business Information Model and Production Support Documents in BMPN, Visio and Power Point.
- Facilitated Daily Incident review prioritization/status meetings with stakeholders. Managing and maintaining Incident Product Logs.
- Created XSD and File layouts specifications for Pega API’s and OOTB API and Integrations.
- Gathered requirements from business units. Created use cases & user stories, and translated into functional requirements for developers. Managed new and existing business processes through the SFDC workflow management tool.
- Created Knowledge Base repository of Know errors in Confluence Project Pages.
- Facilitated all Scrum Stand Up, Daily Planning, and Retrospective ceremonies to prioritize and resolve incidents.
- Maintained Incident Scrum Board and user stories backlogs. Liaison with business owners in planning sessions for prioritization and development of changes and application improvements. Creating road maps, schedules, and timelines.
- Developed test cases scenarios and scripts to executing SIT testing on code/configuration changes, or reproducing issues.
- Wrote SQL queries and scripts to extract data for data validation, data profiling, reporting, and KPIs for stakeholders and upper management. Coordinated release and change management for all changes require on the application.
- Team Administrator of Atlassian Suite (Confluence & JIRA), and ServiceNow.
Technology: Azure Cloud, CRM PEGA, PRPC, FastLane, Azure SQL, JBoss, J2EE, XML, XSLT, SOA Integration and API management, JSON, Micro services, Login and monitoring Tools (Splunk & Dynatrace), Microsoft Office 365.
Senior Business Systems Analyst /Delivery Manager
- Scrum Master of IT Risk Management development team implementing FICO OMDM in the Scotia Cloud, Linux, Apache/Tomcat, Java and MS SQL Server; and integrating OMDM with eIAP front end system, using Agile/Scrum framework.
- Serving as the technical lead on all internal definition for the software application, micro services, infrastructure, and databases.
- Liaison with Product Owners in the definition and deployment of critical strategies used in the creation of new accounts for all credit and lending applications.
- Developed the XSD (XML schemas), SMW data mapping and data transformation rules to send and receive transaction data.
- Creating ETL mappings and business rules to integrate the source and target systems.
- Performed data gap analysis using T-SQL scripts. Set up staging databases for Dev and SIT testing.
- Set up database for Sales and Risk Management analytical reports and dashboards using MS-SQL and Tableau.
- Assisted product owners in the definition and creation of the Product Log and prioritization of user stories in aggressive times
- Converted all the user stories into functional requirements for Development.
- Facilitated the Capacity and Sprint Planning, Daily Sprint, Sprint Demo and Retrospective meetings.
- Conducted Sprint Demo Meetings with Product Owners and get the acceptance of the user stories develop during the Sprint.
- Conducted Retrospect for the Sprints, helped to update the Scrum boards and the Impediment Log.
- Prepared scrum metrics: velocity trends, commitment reliability, capacity utilization, scope changes, defect leakage, backlog.
- Leading JAD sessions on-line for eliciting, analyzing & documenting business and functional requirements from Product Owners and development teams.
- Executed Integration System Testing, and coordinated User Acceptance Testing; analyzing issues and addressing questions rose by the business and partners.
- Providing clarifications of requirements to Development and QA teams. Implementing, coordinating and supporting a PILOT. Testing the application using SOAP UI and XML.
- Providing customer support during warranty periods. Preparing all the deliverables & documentation to certify OMDM.
- Administrator of Atlassian Suite (Confluence & JIRA - management and Resolution of Defects and Documentation)
Senior Business Systems Analyst/Program Manager
- Managed the IT resources of 13 off-shore teams, and their deliverables working in the Program in Agile/Waterfall methodologies, and the relationship within business, core team, & service providers.
- Authored business requirements, use cases, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, user stories for various releases to update the Capital Market of Volcker Reports in 4 countries.
- Wrote SQL Queries to analyze data, data cleansing, and data staging in the migration of employee data.
- Created ETL mappings, data transformation rules, XSD and XML schemas for data migration to the Amazon Cloud.
- Extracted data from multiple data sources set up data stage tables to analyze data quality for compliance.
- Performed data analysis, data mining, data interface design, data cleansing and data migration of employee data for system integrations, services and data warehousing, and ETL employee history data of legacy systems using SQL Server and T-SQL.
- Completed stakeholder analysis and created the Stakeholder Engagement Plan.
- Facilitated & performed business process analysis of current workflows, and assisted in designing future business process flows.
- Led the analysis of source systems with Core & local IT teams, and Service Providers to scope the changes for each country.
- Prepared estimates to acquire the resources for the project in each country to deploy the solution and integrate new eco system with local systems, replacement of user interfaces, data warehousing, and decommission of legacy systems.
- Analyzed all the existing web services, in-bound and out-bound files, and reports of existing systems to avoid missing information.
- Created/consolidated functional requirements for all user interfaces and integrations from ecosystem to local systems.
- Performed systems integrations testing. Assisted in User Accepted testing. Managed the resolution of defects within IT and vendors. Managing and delivering services to meet internal OLAs and Clients SLAs.
- SharePoint Administrator for the international community to manage, and monitor project documentation, and Product Logs.
Lead PEGA Business Architect/Scrum Master
- Business Architect on the redesign of the business processes and applications of the Sales Platform for Commercial Loans & Line of Credits, Chequing/Savings, Credit Cards, Multiuse LOC for Small & Medium Size Business across 26 countries.
- Provided leadership in planning, designing, developing, and implementation of new portal for IB Operations, straddling across multiple channels (e.g. phone, branch, fax, email) in 3 regions using the Agile methodology and Scrum framework.
- Meeting the Product Owners to identify all the manual business processes and workflow that require digital transformation.
- Trained end users in the Creation of EPICS, Product Backlog, Prioritized User Stories, defined the DONE criteria for the Sprints.
- Estimated User Stories, Commit User Stories, Identify Tasks, and Created Sprint Backlog.
- Developed estimates, identified deliverables, and provided recommendations to manage, trace & prioritize requirements in the Product and Sprint backlogs thru the execution of the program.
- Grooming user stories and managed Product Backlogs. Assisted in the creation of Sprint Backlogs.
- Uploaded user stories in Pega 7 (PBCP) using DCO, and JIRA for the consumption of IT and Quality Assurance teams.
- Designed, configured, and developed process flows, and business rules in Visio, and Pega 7/DCO.
- Liaison with User Experience Architects and providing guidance to ensure all the User Interfaces follow the banks standards.
- Removing impediments and road blocks and ensure the issues were resolved in a timely manner.
- Provided technical leadership to off shore development teams during the development of user stories committed for the Sprints. Facilitated meeting for drafting of the user interfaces, created wireframes and screen mock-ups.
- Wrote XMLs and created the XSDs for services to integrate source and target systems. Validated data using SMW.
- Liaison with Technical Architects to define/document system designs & solutions using Pega 7 architecture.
- Interpreted user stories from Spanish to English in order to be consumed by the offshore IT Development team.
- Provided QA during the released implementation to ensure all the user stories meet the functional business requirements.
- Deploying releases to the various environments, ensuring continues deployment, integrations and regressions testing.
- Facilitated the demo meeting to business users in Sprint review in behalf of the IT teams.
- Worked with QA staff during various phases of testing and test case preparation. Logged and managed defects in JIRA.
- Provided post implementation & production support, Level 3. User Administrator of JIRA/Confluence workspace for the project.
Lead Business Systems Analyst
- Provided ITSM and ITIL Advisory and consulting services to IT Service Providers in a hybrid Agile/Waterfall framework.
- Led BA in the assessment and implementation of IT Services at the Confidential, and Identity and Access Management (User Authentication, Single Sign-On, Identity Management and Governance, and Directory Services)
- Created the Product Backlog, EPICS, User Stories and System Workflows in InteGreat, and Blue Prints for Service Desk, and Digital Asset Management following the Confidential SDLC.
- Groomed user stories and assisted Product Owners with the prioritization and estimation of the user stories.
- Created user access roles matrixes, and Identity Management & Governance Business Rules to grant, or update access privileges to customers and employers using a Single Sign-On.
- Facilitated workshops with Product Owners and vendors to develop the workflows for automation.
- Participated in Sprint Planning, Daily Stand Up. Negotiating priorities, scope, funding and schedule with the scrums.
- Worked with User Experience Architects to configure the User Interfaces (UIs) for the systems.
- Conducted workshops and JAD sessions for gathering and validation of business requirements with Process Owners, Internal and External Service Providers, Vendors, Directors, Managers, Technical Architects, IT Reps and End Users.
- Defined accurate functional and non-functional requirements by reverse engineering the existing systems.
- Led Process Design Workshops with key stakeholders to determine Future State of the applications. Used the Future State processes to drive application configuration. Facilitated JAD sessions with Infrastructure and IT Dev to identify integrations.
- Created data mapping documentation and business rules for all the interfaces.
- Performed data profiling from legacy databases to identify candidate data for the migration process, using T-SQL and SQL. ETL data (extraction, data cleansing, conversion and normalizing data) from MS-SQL Server 2008, and IBM DB2.
- Updated Business Information Models, source mapping to the model data, data definitions, data quality business rules, and the business glossaries. Assisted Technical Lead in setting up the POC environment for the full set of Enterprise tools.
- SharePoint Administrator of the Project to manage the review/approval processes of deliverables and project documentation. Rebuilt the SharePoint workspace for the department. Automated the workflows to review and approval documentation.
- Built and managed stakeholders’ relationships, provided exceptional vendor management with third party service providers.
- Wrote use case scenarios and scripts for UAT testing using HP ALM.
Business Systems Consultant - Enterprise Applications Management & Apps Operations Support
- Provided consulting services to ITSM process owners to define the configuration of HP Service Manager (HPSM), and Asset Management.
- Created business requirements documents, business process models, and functional systems requirements to implement SDM to support the help desk of Confidential in Asia, India, and Canada.
- Performed business Analysis to document future business processes maps, procedures and working Instructions for all ITSM services including: Service Management (Mgmt), Incident, Problem, Change, and Configuration Management.
- Developed a user access matrix to grant access & privileges to users and customers to roll out Authentication, Single Sign-On, and Identity & Access management across all the applications in the IT Hybrid environments (Virtual/Clout).
- Set up users in IBM Identity & Access Management (Cloud). Drafted all the TO-Be workflows to manage all ITSM services, and Identity, Management and Governance model.
- Created functional design and specifications for the automation of the new workflows for all the IT Services, and IBM Identity Access Management Services.
- Documented Functional System Requirements & traceability matrixes in HP ALM QC (Application Lifecycle Management - Quality Center), and JIRA applying standard change management control processes.
- Gathered requirements for data definition, and defined data specifications as derived from requirements, defined logical data models, data mapping documentation, data transformation specs, data flow diagrams, data dictionaries, and data glossaries to integrate multiple data sources including: UCMDB, Service Now, Employee Customer Information, Human Resources and SDM.
- Developed Use Case Scenarios, Business Rules, Activity Diagrams, and Communication Diagrams to guide Confidential IT, HP Professional Services, HP China Base support, and QA teams in the configuration and integration of SDM.
- Wrote Testing Strategies and Test Case Scenarios for SIT. Performed SIT. Supported business users on UAT/BAT.
- Managed resolution of defects and deployment of code releases. Ensured defects/issues were logged in HP ALM QC and were escalated in a timely manner. Provided recommendations/options for prompt resolution.
- Participated in the setup of the POC environments. Evaluated and provided recommendations in the system configurations.
- System Administrator of ITSM. Provided Level 3 productions support.
- Preparing manuals, and on-line for Service Desk and Asset Management business users. Trained end users.
Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Reviewed & analyzed existing business, and system processes used in the management of customer accounts, billing/invoicing, clearance & settlement and reconciliation of payments for On Street, Off Street Residential, Commercial and Boulevard Parking.
- Conducted As-Is business analysis walkthroughs with business subject matter experts to identify bottlenecks and run "what if analysis". Redesigned Business Processes, roles and responsibilities in ARIS, BPMN, UML, Visio, using re-engineering concepts.
- Led JAD sessions with Managers, Supervisors, Subject Expert Matters, and I&T stakeholders to gather requirements.
- Generated Business Requirements, System Requirements Specifications (SRS) documents, and business process models.
- Created business process maps, data flow diagrams, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, use case models, use case story boards, business rules, data mapping, and logical and physical data models.
- Performed GAP Analysis and created Technical Documentation of business and systems process, business rules, data elements, and reporting requirements. Developed strategies for improving the business and system processes to consolidate, and standardize processes across the City, to improve customer services and reduce operational costs.
- Prepared and presented proposed solutions and recommendations to upper management, to ensure their revenue collection and financial procedures adhere to accounting best practices and comply with City By-laws.
- Developed technical documentation for developers including: Use case modeling, Data Flow Diagrams, Conceptual data modeling, Logical data modeling, relationship diagrams, activity and sequence diagrams
- Created Data mapping documentation to integrate financial data interfacing SARA, OSPPA & SAP FI-CO Operations.
- Created Test Case Scenarios. Performed System Integration Testing (SIT). Defined and documented User Acceptance Testing (UAT) strategies. Participated in the creation and preparation of UAT. Prepared Manuals & provided on line for end users.
Lead Senior Business Systems Analyst/Systems Architect
- Gathered business requirements from Directors, Casino Sites and Bingo Halls’ managers, Departments, and /or representatives using a wide variety of tools and techniques including: face to face interviews, observation, job shadowing, surveys, and questionnaires. Led Joint Application Design Sessions (JAD) with internal/external stakeholders and multiple vendors.
- Authored functional and non-functional business requirements, APIs, systems interfaces, and web services for financial, marketing, and gaming information system applications using J2EE, WSLD, SOAP UI, and XML.
- Wrote Business Requirements and System Requirements Specifications Documents (SRS) for sign offs in accordance with Confidential ’s SDLC, and following COBIT, and ITIL best practices.
- Supporting the CRM groups to prepare target marketing campaigns in regular basis.
- Conducted fit/gap analysis for the customization and integration of the following COTS packages: Casino Link, CRM Siebel, Cash Handling System, Oracle Net Suite (ERP, POS SalesPoint and Oracle Cloud), iTrak, ServiceNow, and GMS - Bally SDS.
- Analyzed user access roles & privileges of users for Identity and Access Management(IAM) across applications on new systems.
- Hands-on data analysis, data design and data mapping specifications to site schemas for system interfaces in XML, APIs, load data in target databases in MS SQL Server 2008, Oracle 12i, and IBM DB2.
- Provided ETL data transformation specifications for various data centric integration, and data warehouse projects.
- Reviewed Solution Designs and technical specifications to ensure final product met defined business requirements and design.
- Authored/assisted in developing Solution Assessments for multiple projects.
- Provided technical guidance to architects, developers/consultants in the design, development, and testing of systems applications developed in a .Net/Unix, J2EE environments, Oracle 10g, MS-SQL Server 2008 R2, IBM DB2 databases.
- Prepared analytical and financial report specifications, and generated multiple reports by writing SQL, PL-SQL and T-SQL queries .
- Reviewed SIT plans and scripts. Reviewed UAT Testing Plans, Strategies, and Test Scripts with business users.
- Managed resolution of defects during the UAT within stakeholders. Developing user manuals and materials for end users.
- Provided production support level 2 in the resolution of issues for Gaming Applications.
Senior Systems Analyst
- Identified & scheduled project deliverables, milestones, & required tasks.
- Developed Work Breakdown Structures
- Documented user requirements in Business Modeling documents, and requirements traceability matrixes (RTM).
- Facilitated workshops with business/systems teams to identify/document business requirements to migrate Corporate Accounts.
- Developed Detail Design Documents, Functional Requirements and Specifications, Inception and Elaboration Documents; System Use case models and narratives to enhance Tax Roll, Accounting, Filing, Assessing, and Auditing systems at CRA
- Prepared Physical and Logical design documents. Produced multiple models/artefacts of rows 1, 2, and 3 to comply with Rational Unified Process (RUP), Zachman Framework Enterprise Arch. Methodologies; & getting sign-off for checkpoints ACT and ARB.
- Developed multiple artifacts for system analysis, design, and implementation of applications to support the Rational Unified Process (RUP), and Zachman Framework Enterprise Architecture Methodologies.
- Reviewed detailed coding specifications prepared by Developers, to ensure they followed the business design and requirements.
- Generated financial & reconciliation reports for upper management using JCL, SQL/IBM DB2, SQL PL/1 & PL-SQL/Oracle 8i.
- Developed testing strategies, Use Test Cases and Test Scripts for SIT and UAT/BAT. Performed SIT.
- Coordinated Business Acceptance Testing (UAT/BAT), Integration Functional Testing with stakeholders, end-users, and CRA.
- Managed all Change and Release processes from building preparation, deployment, and post-installation support.
- Provided post implementation production support and customer .
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
- Tested the integration of front-end web base application, and back-end mainframe CICS applications for retrieval, presentation, and authentication of data.
- Created Test Plans, Test Strategies, and Test Scripts for functional integration testing for clearance and settlement of payments.
- Set up multiple tests’ environments in MVS, TSO, ISPF, COBOL & UNIX platforms’ to execute pre-production integration testing.
- Automated test scripts to execute end-to-end testing for clearance of payments for all regions of the bank, and INTRIA customers.
- Created and maintained the comprehensive test suite for the Integration Functional test, based on CPA and client requirements.
- ETL data from multiple databases in IBM DB2 & Oracle for data mining, creation of financial/statistical reports and dashboards.
- Designed a set of user tools & templates for financial analysis, BI reports, & Data warehousing using SQL/IBM DB2 and PL/1.