- Business Analyst with 6+ years of extensive experience in the Banking, Insurance & Retail/Ecommerce industry with expertise in Business Requirement gathering, Business Process Flow, Business Process Modeling & Quality Assurance.
- Experience with solid BusinessProcess Re - Engineering, process modeling, design documentation, developingbusinessprocesses and solutions.
- Proficiency in Process Redesign, Business Process Re-engineering and testing, etc. with a keen awareness of developers and end-users needs and able to deal with user groups at all levels efficiently.
- Strong Knowledge and hands on experience with SDLC methodologies like Waterfall and Agile/scrum.
- Excellent understanding of Business Requirements Gathering, Evaluating Database Sources, Translating Requirements into Specification/ Functional and Technical Documents.
- Experience attending and collaborating on the conduction of SCRUM ceremonies: Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Daily Stand-Up Meeting and Retrospective Meetings.
- Vast experience conducting and documenting the “AS-IS” and “TO-BE” processes and Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) exercises along with understanding of Rapid Application Development (RAD), Systems Implementation and Continuous Improvement techniques
- Expert in doing Use Cases, creating Activity diagrams with UML using modeling tools such as MS Visio.
- Expertise in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, holding interviews and document analysis for gathering user requirements.
- Held meeting with stakeholders and end-users to determine needs and necessities.
- Authored business and system requirements analysis and functional specifications with supporting business process flows (data modeling), Traceability matrices, risk analysis.
- Assisted UI/UX team in translating client graphical requirements to reality by creating Mockup Screens.
- Strong experience in Application Design (Prototyping, Screen Mock-ups), wireframes, UI design.
- Facilitated weekly and monthly business review meetings to keep SME’s, Stakeholders, product managers, executive staff and team members apprised of goals, project status with timely identification, tracking, resolving issues and conflicts and preparing product demonstrations.
- Experience with Data analysis andSQLquerying with database integrations.
- Experienced in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio).
- Strong documentation and analytical skills, strong problem-solving skills.
- Organized, goal-oriented, self-starter, and ability to master new technologies, manage multiple tasks while following through from start to completion with limited supervision.
- Experience in the documentation of system and business requirements and specifications, design, and development of use and test-case scenarios and root-cause analysis, GAP analysis, developing test plans, test scripts, conducting user acceptance testing, training, and implementing new processes and technology.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Conducted JAD sessions with business and Design team to gather requirements, as well as addressing various technical issues and suggested possible solutions.
- Played a key role in the planning, testing, and implementation of system enhancements and conversions.
- Employed Scrum Framework within an agile development environment to improve software development processes and elevate product quality while meeting defined goals and key deadlines.
- Implemented the Agile methodology and developed program and Sprint Backlogs.
- Responsible for building the product roadmap and coordinating the design, direction and delivery of parcel automation.
- Used JIRA to track User Stories progress and follow-up on defects with the QA and developers in different builds.
- Daily Scrum Meeting.
- Groomed backlog of features to ensure readiness for scrum planning sessions including documenting acceptance criteria; defines As-Is and To-Be process flows to identify gaps and new requirement.
- Documented epics, user stories and associated acceptance criteria.
- Prepared project status and sprint metrics (Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Burn-Down Chart and Velocity Chart) reports.
- Coordinated with Product Manager to estimate release timelines, prioritize requirements/Product Backlog based on Delivery schedule, Business Value based on ROI calculation.
- Organize and facilitate SCRUM ceremonies: daily standups, Sprint Planning/Grooming, Sprint Reviews/Demos, and Retrospectives.
- Employed best practices in project management& requirement gathering techniques
- Leveraged requirements elicitation skills to deliver multiple Requirements Traceability Matrix's (RTM) that achieved sponsor and stakeholder acceptance sign-off that each requirement was 100% delivered.
- Collaborated withUXandUIteams to define User friendly workflows for various scenarios.
- Designed and implemented basicSQLqueries for QA testing and report.
- Responsible for requirements analysis, data mapping, migration & analysis and writing complex rules to migrate data.
- Design and develop Process flows, business design specs, Wireframes, Data flow design and data conversion specifications.
- Analysis of functional and non-functional categorized data elements for data profiling and mapping from source to target data environment. Developed working documents to support findings and assign specific tasks.
- Regularly interacted with the Testing team for executing the Test Plans, providing Test Data, creating Test Cases, and resolving issues upon detection of bugs and collecting the Test Metrics.
- Developed and executed associated project plans and test scripts for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and subsequent user training.
Confidential, Roseland, NJ
- Reviewed finalized requirements and use cases withClients that served as subject matter experts for requirements validation and sign offs.
- Performed GAP Analysis to developbusinessrequirements, created Use Cases, functional requirements,BusinessRules, developed wireframes using MS Visio.
- Played key role in System Development Life Cycle Process consisting of Design and Gap Analysis,BusinessRequirements, Systems Requirements, Test Criteria, and Implementation to have the outputs of project dealt with the automation of correspondence
- Elicited and gathered user and business requirements through open-ended discussions, brainstorming and storyboarding/prototyping.
- Create use case scenarios, process flows, and other supporting documentation as needed to build or define system or process requirements.
- Identified and wrote Use Case specifications for Functional requirements and created business process workflow diagrams in MS Visio adhering to UML standards.
- Collaborated with stakeholders in defining user, system, scope and project requirements for the new system enhancement.
- BusinessRequirement Document and Functional Requirements Document preparation and requirement walk-through with the technical team.
- Participated in the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Waterfall methodology
- Documentation of System specification preparation for existing applications and Requirement Traceability.
- Facilitated JAD sessions for analysis, design and development strategy.
- Worked with UX (User Experience) team to finalize the wireframe documents based on business and functional requirements.
- Performed requirements review with thebusinessstakeholders, developers, and QA team.
- Lead facilitation meetings with various department heads
- Retrieved Data using SQL queries and did Data Mapping and Data analysis.
- Collected business requirements to set rules for proper data transfer from Data Source to Data Target in Data Mapping.
- Used Visio for the presentation of Process flows to various groups.
- Executed test scripts in different cycles to get the perfection and logged defects in defect tab of HP Quality center.
- Assisted in on-going process improvement efforts to ensure test planning, execution, and reporting is effective, efficient, standardized, coordinated, and integrated.
- Wrote test plans and created test cases identified test data and performed functional testing and UAT withbusinessusers.
- Worked in Agile framework across the board.
- Owned, prioritized and maintained the product backlog while partnering with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality solutions.
- Work with business stakeholders to rank and prioritize the backlog, and to ensure user stories are ready for the next sprint.
- Utilized JIRA to maximize traceability of all epics and user stories
- Created User Stories intoProductBacklog Items (PBIs) and lead PBI grooming sessions for Prioritization and Sprint planning.
- Performed Product owner role by front ending with stakeholders to facilitate, articulate, review, and consolidate proposed system-level changes and project conversion plan.
- Collaborated withbusinessteams in setting up the opportunity attributes like Budget, Timelines, Scope and ROI etc.
- Conducted all required Scrum meetings (Sprint Planning, Product Backlog Grooming, and Sprint Review).
- Updated the 'As -Is' document and brainstormed on the benchmarks to be reached in the 'To- be' application as part of initial Gap analysis.
- Participated in Basic Level Design review and sign off sessions for all components.
- Conducted Daily Stand-Up Meetings to decide what needs to be get done.
- Acted as a Primary Point-of-Contact between the client and technology team, gathered requirements from various end users and analyzed, evaluated, and implemented these requirements into appropriate Business and Technical solutions.
- Experienced working with User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) teams while driving the Functional Requirements and Wireframes.
- Analyzed and researched sensitive data set for different life events received by the client to establish data.
- Performed Data Analysis of existing data through SQL and MS Access.
- Executed SQL queries, to retrieve data from different databases, for data validation & analysis, researching underlying data errors, and generating reports.
- Coordinated with QA team in developing test plan, test cases, test scripts, for conducting black-box testing, functional testing, system testing, integration testing, regression testing, performance testing, sanity testing.
- Facilitated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with end users by providing necessary training and setting up testing data, test scenarios, and testing environment.
- Played a key role in Defect Management -by identifying & delegating defects, monitoring status, ensuring timely closures, and generating performance reports, to ensure quality software.
- Created Requirements Traceability Matrix(RTM) to track requirements and testing activities, as well as maintained forward and backward traceability throughout the testing and development lifecycle.
- Used Waterfall methodology for this project, collected requirements, developed use cases, supported project Manager with project plans and manage scope.
- Documented the process improvement measures in the Business Requirement Document (BRD) and performed requirement analysis to transform business requirements into Functional Specifications (FSD) and undertook sessions for the development team.
- Prepared Interview Questions for Stake Holders and SME's to gather maximum information in JAD Sessions and to minimize the number of JAD Sessions.
- Interviewed Business Users to gather Requirements and analyzed the feasibility of their needs by coordinating with the project manager and technical lead.
- Performed Gap Analysis to identify the deficiencies of the current system and to identify the requirements for the change in the proposed system.
- Created use case scenarios and documented workflow and business process.
- Created Use Case specifications, business flow diagrams, and Activity using MS Visio, so the developers and other stakeholders can understand the business process according to their perspective with possible alternate scenarios.
- Prepared flows/activity diagram for an existing system using MS Visio and re-engineered the design based on business requirements.
- Performed Data cleansing to detect and correct corrupt data. Created and maintained end-to-end data mapping and data conversion spreadsheet.
- Identified performance issues in existing sources, targets and mappings by analyzing the dataflow, evaluating transformations and tuned accordingly for better performance.
- Extensively involved in every phase starting from Elicitation to Testing/ Production.
- Gathered and documentedUX/UI(visual) requirements (using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint), created simpleUXdesigns andUIwireframes.
- Performed and evaluated the benefits of the new system and generatedworkflows.
- Developed multiple Requirements Traceability Matrices (RTM), writing the requirements and identifying the necessary report format.
- Created and managed project templates, Use Case Project templates, requirement types and traceability relationships.
- Conducted walkthroughs with business and development teams.
- Tracked UAT issues/bugs and prepared reports using HP QC.
- Worked extensively with the QA team for designing Test Plan, Test Scripts and Test Cases for the User Acceptance testing (UAT).