- Over 6 years of experience as Business Analyst wif extensive understanding of business products, operations and Information Technology on the Banking, Mass media Entertainment, Insurance Manufacturing Industry.
- In depth Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile/Scrum Techniques and Water fall methodologies.
- Proficient in using Agile Scrum methodologies, following sprint/stand - up-sessions and used Excel extensively to write user stories, analyzed the Iteration Burn Down charts and reviewed defects.
- Accomplishments in analysis of large-scale business systems, Project Charters, Business Requirement Documents, Business Overview Documents, Authoring Narrative Use Cases, Functional Specifications, and Technical Specifications, data warehousing, reporting and testing plans.
- Organized Joint Application Developments (JAD) sessions, Kickoffs, Ad-hoc meetings, walkthrough, Interviews, Workshops sessions wif end-user/clients/stake holders and IT group.
- Facilitated change management across entire process from project conceptualization to testing through project delivery, Software Development & Implementation Management in diverse business & technical environments, wif demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Expertise in creating Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Business Requirements List (BRL), System Requirement Specifications (SRS) and Functional Specification Documents (FSD).
- Extensive experience wif databases like SQL Server, and MS Access.
- Knowledge in the ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) of data into a data ware house/date mart and Business Intelligence (BI) tools like Cognos
- Integrating newly acquired companies into ourWMSsystem.
- Experience in Maintaining & updating all artifacts in SharePoint 2013.
- Experience in writing Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Scenarios working on Manual testing and Application Lifecycle Management HP ALM and Setting up testing environment in conjunction wif the Testing team.
- Proficient in performing Gap Analysis, by evaluating the key differences between the As-Is and the To-Be system and identifying the key requirements for system reengineering
- Competent in Creating Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Experience in authoring Business Requirement Documents (BRD) by gathering Business Requirements and Expectations from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and defining business processes, identifying risks, performing Feasibility Analysis and Impact analysis.
Operating Systems: Windows2000/XP/Vista/7/8, UNIX, Linux
WebTechnology/ Server: HTML, XML, HTTP, CSS
Business Tools: Rational Suite (Requisite Pro, Rose, Clear Case), UML, MS Visio, Jira, Version One, Wrike, SharePoint.
Software Packages: MS Office (Word/Excel/Access, PowerPoint), MS Project, MS SharePoint, MS Visual Studio, Adobe Acrobat, Crystal Reports.
Testing Tools: Version One.
Database: Oracle 9i/10g/11g, SQL Server, MS SQL 2005, DB2, MS Access 2007
Confidential, Greensboro North Carolina
Business Systems Analyst
- Written test plans and test cases in compliance wif relevant organizational and industry standards.
- Created clearly documented defect reports that enable a developer or technician to recreate the defect.
- Maintained and update test documentation, user guides, release notes, and help notes to ensure the accuracy of applications and related documentation.
- Executed end-to-end functional tests and utilizes automated tests developed by others to exercise system.
- Collaborated to achieve end-to-end product and process quality.
- Information, analysis and recommendations to support the product.
- Understands the business needs the product is trying to meet and applies this understanding to guide testing.
- Applies a comprehensive understanding of the product functions and the marketplace in which it is sold TEMPeffectively test assigned products.
- Contributed to IT business or sponsored technology projects by translating basic to complex business needs into understandable requirements.
- Participated in the development and management of project plans related to application development initiatives, from project planning (business and strategic) and design, through testing, implementation, and maintenance.
- Has good a considerable understanding of current and emerging IT products, services, processes, and methodologies, along wif a continuing understanding of the business function and process.
- Has a good understanding of business requirements, goals, and risks, in order to formulate and define the technical scope and objectives of projects.
- Responsible for educating project team members and the business community on the impact of the proposed technology and for developing contingency plans.
- Worked on a team orientation and was focused at all times on improving business operations.
Environment: Agile, Scrum Lead, Devops Azure, Ontime, Workday, PeopleSoft, MS Visio, Regression testing, functional testing, End-to-End testing, Tax resolution systems, Integrations.
Confidential, Minneapolis Minnesota
Business Systems Analyst
- Lead JAD session wif thebusinessusers to understand the functionality to be built.
- Worked on documenting theBusinessRequirements Document BRD and Functional Requirements Documents FRD.
- Write Use Cases providing the details of Actor and System interaction.
- Create process workflows in swim-lane formats using MS Visio.
- Perform walkthrough wif thebusinessusers in order to get sign-off on the requirements.
- Work wifBusinessUsers to elicit requirements and worked wif the UI Design, Development, and Quality Assurance teams to explain the deliverables.
- Utilize MS SharePoint as the central repository for requirements management and communication
- Responsibility for providing mentoring support to the project team throughout the Development Lifecycle.
- This mentoring begins in the requirements development phase to ensure all requirements are both testable and verifiable and continues through system test.
- Understand product's architecture to handle the identification, designing, or enhancement of current test frameworks. Participate in "daily SCRUM.
- Configuration and maintenance of in-house tool, communicating wif front end business lines on their day to day needs.
- Coordinates wif middleware team to create Query for the day-to-day report generation and maintaining the template.
- Coordinating wif Vendor in code-deployments and creating code enhancements and communications wif corresponding needs.
- Creating defects and defect management and tracking in TFS.
- Facilitated and managed meeting sessions wif committee of SMEs from variousbusinessareas includingMortgageServicing, Loan Monitoring and Asset Management.
- Involved wif all types of manual testing like Functional testing, Adhoc testing, Regression testing, Integration testing, GUI testing & Browser Compatibility testing.
- Environment: Agile, Scrum Lead, TFS, MS SQL, ITIL, SharePoint 2013, Early Resolution (ER), MS Visio, MS Office, Regression Testing, Mortgage, Home Loans.
Confidential, Orlando Florida
Business Systems Analyst/Technical Writer
- Conducted meetings/interviews wif stakeholders, SME's to collect business requirements, analyzed them to convert into functional and non-functional requirements.
- Documented business requirement document (BRD), Scope Matrix, Functional and Non-Functional Requirements Specification, Design wire frame, data mapping/Transformations from source to target (STTM), business process flows. Performed Data gap analysis, risk analysis against critical requirements.
- Heavily used Waterfall and Agile Methodology across all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC). Assisted the project manager wif sprint planning, sprint reviews, sprint retrospectives and story maintenance, user stories, epics using Agile JIRA board and reviewed various reports in Version One for defect resolving. Conducted weekly SCRUM to discuss about the progress of the project.
- Shared responsibility of troubleshooting and resolving RF andWMSissues
- Prepared, analyzed "AS-IS" and "TO-BE" of existing architecture and performed GAP Analysis, created workflow scenarios, designed new process flows, data flow diagrams and documented the business process.
- Involved in all phases of Agile life cycle methodology through the project.
- Expert in Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN), Created Use Cases, activity and sequence diagrams.
- Managed information to ensure data integrity between theWarehouse Management System (WMS)and other systems and ensure data collection meets business requirements.
- Delivery of project activities in adherence to ITIL process/framework, periodic client reviews
- Participated in Production release and conducted UAT and Regressions testing to ensure stability of the website services.
- Experience in writing user stories, epics and features using JIRA tool for maintaining Sprint Backlog.
- Assisted in the system development and integration ofWMSsolutions.
- Prepared Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) ensuring the forward and backward traceability of the Business Requirements to the test Case and vice versa.
- Extracted data from MS SQL databases, utilizing SQL scripts and Microsoft Access queries, to analyze data, research and resolve inquiries, ensure data integrity and mapping, and create reports for management, business users and for testing purposes.
- Prepared Test Plan document, which included test scripts and test scenarios and test results. Experience in creating Test cases, defect reports using Application Lifecycle Management (ALM).
- Identified and tracked changes to scope of the project through change management process using Microsoft SharePoint 2013.
Environment: Agile, Scrum, Version One, MS SQL, ITIL, SharePoint 2013, ALM, MS Visio, MS Office, Process Improvement, Lean & Six-Sigma, WMS, Tableau.
Confidential, Plano Texas
IT Business Analyst
- Interviewed SMEs, stakeholders, clients from different business lines to gather information, understand the user's needs, define user, business requirements, and develop system functional and non-functional requirements and specifications.
- Acted as a point of contact wif users to provide advisory services, conduct validation studies, conduct training, identify problem areas and determine feasibility of new or modified processes; responds to user recommendations for areas of responsibility.
- Worked wif Scrum Agile methodology, responsible for conduction sprint planning, sprint and project backlog, user stories/Story Card, review scrum release etc.
- Conduct workshops wif various business and IT resources and SME's to identify the reportable data.
- Experience in ITIL Process Definition, Requirements Gathering, Process Improvement and Integration wif Project Operations. Responsible for gathering requirements, design solutions, and change control activities.
- Identified and reported on trends and metrics using Excel, SQL queries.
- Prepared UAT test scenarios based on use-cases and low and high-level design documents
- Prepare meeting minutes for all working sessions and create and update the Functional Requirements Document (FRD) wif storyboards, designed wireframes and Data Mapping Specifications, Source to Target Mapping Documents.
- Worked wif DOORS for requirements management and to create Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Planned and documented procedures for data processing and prepared data flow diagrams for the application.
- Create testing defect reports in Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and track them to resolution.
- Ability to be an TEMPeffective team player to work in conjunction wif other testers, BAs, developers and other team members
- Assisted Project Manager in creating and updating the project plans. Created HTML Mockups, and Interactive prototypes.
- Assisted QA teams in authoring test plans, test cases and test scripts as well as in execution.
- Monitored and assisted in designing and development of Use Cases, Workflow diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams using UML Prepared Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) that includes modelling of all the activities of the business from the conceptual to procedural level.
- Performed Data Mapping and Data Analysis and Data Profiling. Used Advanced Query Tools like DbVisualiser for extracting data for analysis and reporting.
- SharePoint 2010 for managing artifacts, version changes, Flowcharts, Activity Diagrams, Use Case Diagrams.
Environment: UAT, GAD (Gap Analysis Document), SharePoint, MS Visio, SQL, ALM, ITIL, HTML, UI, UX Designing, Revenue Management.
- Translated business product requirement into comprehensive, complete and accurate business requirements and functional specification.
- Gathered Business Requirements including storyboards, interacted wif the Users, Designers and Developers, SME's & Project Manager to get a better understanding of the Business Processes.
- Attended high level system objective meetings and updated diagrams using MS Visio obtained a detailed knowledge of the business process being followed in the project environment
- Identified system integration requirements, coordinated the collection and verification of business needs, and developed use case models for the functional requirements.
- Managed all the requirements in repository (SharePoint), making requirements available to all team members.
- Planned and defined system requirements to Use Case, Use Case Scenario and Use Case Narrative and was the liaison between the client and developers.
- Conducted functional walkthroughs and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) sessions and assisted the QA team to prepare the User Manuals for customers.
- Status reporting for test execution, defect resolution, productivity and bug statistics.
- Performed data analysis and ran various SQL queries to critically evaluated test results and Wrote PL/SQL statement and stored procedures in Oracle for extracting as well as writing data.
- Experience in working creating and managing requirements using Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Created UML Diagrams Activity Diagrams, workflow diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams and Deployment Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams (DFDs), Interaction modeling and Web Page Mock-Ups.
- Reviewed the Joint Requirement Documents (JRD) wif the cross functional team to analyze the High-Level Requirements.
- Worked on data modeling and produced data mapping and data definition documentation.
Environment: Oracle, SQL, Data modeling, ALM, SharePoint, MS Project, MS office Suite.
- Gathering and elicitation of requirement from the client via Email, Phone, Chat or Onsite Visit. Travelling domestically for requirement gathering and kick-off of projects.
- Business requirements discussions & coordination wif Onshore lead.
- Performed system integration duties using SDLC methodology to implementWMSsolutions for client companies.
- Responsible to prepare documents i.e. low-level design, test cases, release notes, Implementation manuals etc.
- Mentor team for analyze, design, code, unit test the requirements and helped onshore in module integrations & implementations.
- Organized Joint Application Development (JAD) meetings wif the domain and technology specialist to collect, validate, define, and conclude user requirements.
- Prepared and executedValidationProtocoldocuments likeIQ, OQ, PQ
- EnsureGXPcompliance in all work practices by following established quality procedures such as Good Documentation Practices and Qualification.
- Served as the technical expert on allvalidationprotocols submitted to QA for IQ, OQ and PQ approval. Analyzedvalidationactivities and performed analysis to identify possible errors and offered guidance to correct the protocols.
- Coordinated work plans between the project manager and clients using Microsoft Project.
- Worked on detailed migration plan for transforming disintegrated databases from multiple platforms into a single integrated data source.
- Extracted data from different sources like flat files excel data sheet, access database and SQL & Oracle relational databases and processed data to upload in to the target database.
- Involved in writing use case scenarios and test cases.
- Wrote SQL queries to fetch data from the databases.
- Trained Internal Users and their partner & management employees in the new web Based online application.
Environment: Process Improvement, Lean & Six-Sigma, GXP, IQ,OQ,PQ, MS-Project, MS-Visio, Rational Requisite Pro, WMS, Quality Center, SQL Server 2005.