Business System Analyst
An experienced business system analyst of Data Warehouse, Master Data Management MDM and operational system with nine years of IT experience in Healthcare, Banking, Insurance and Manufacturing domain. Implemented multiple projects involving all phases of SDLC life cycle with business requirement gathering, system analysis, translating requirement into technical design, code review, SIT/UAT support, production deployment and production issue resolution. Expertise in source data profiling, data quality analysis, reference data identification, data governance, source to target mapping, master data match/merge rule for golden record and trust rule set up. Strengths include in-depth knowledge in Data Warehousing, ETL design, business/technical transformation rule, SQL and data modelling.
- Experienced in system analysis, business requirement gathering, Business Requirement Document BRD preparation and translating functional requirements into technical requirement document TRD for development.
- Proficient in various business requirement initiatives like conducting Joint Application Development JAD as a facilitator to gather requirements from a group.
- Experienced in use case preparation covering various business scenarios with supporting data, process flow diagram preparation. Tracking the requirement through Requirement Traceability Matrix RTM .
- Oracle Certified on SQL fundamentals. Proficient in SQL query to perform data analysis, verification, various transformation business rule validation.
- Experienced in Enterprise Data Warehouse system analysis design covering source data profiling, data quality analysis, List of Values LOV identification, source to target STT mapping, ETL transformation rule derivation, Layer wise mapping preparation.
- Strong understanding of Data Modeling for Data Warehouse and Data Access Layer DAL .
- 4 years of experience in US Healthcare industry covering various areas like Membership Enrollment, Groups, Billing, Claims processing.
- Worked on various Blue Cross Blue Shield BCBS Association mandated initiatives like Payment Innovation, National Data Warehouse NDW , Blue Health Intelligence BHI .
- Good communication team building skill. Very well familiarity with onsite-offshore model.
- Engaged in various value addition activities like - innovation idea implementation champion, business transformation initiative.
- Skilled at learning new concepts quickly, can work well under pressure and able to communicate ideas clearly and effectively.
- Operating System : Windows-XP, Windows-7, Z/OS, OS/390
- Database : Oracle 10g/11g, DB2, VSAM, IMS DB/DC
- ETL/BI Tools : Informatica Data Explorer and Data Analyst, PowerCenter Designer
- And Cognos.
- Tools : Oracle SQL Developer, IBM Data studio, Toad, MS Office, MS Project,
- MS Visio, Sharepoint 2007, Clear Quest, File Aid, File Manager.
- Programming Language: PL/SQL, COBOL, CICS, JCL, EAZYTRIEVE
Business System Analyst
Lead business system analysts for EDW and MDM program for various domains Member demographics, Groups, Enrolment and Provider. Integrated five different source systems data into a common enterprise data warehouse model with various business/technical transformation, cleansing/ validation rule. Played a key role in making the new system operational and one stop area all data requirements for reporting and analysis for fifty plus downstream applications.
- Business requirement gathering, preparation of BRD TRD.
- Analysis design of initial data capturing and incremental data processing.
- Master data match merge rule preparation, Trust rule set up, Master golden record Data Quality analysis.
- Working with data architecture group to prepare data enterprise data model.
- Source to Target model data mapping.
- Identification of business transformation rules for various layers of ETL architecture.
- LOV identification and XWALK value finalization.
- Preparation of layer wise mapping with ETL transaction rules.
- Data validation in data warehouse IDS Data Access Layer DAL using SQL, confirming ETL business transformation rules.
- Status report preparation and reporting to higher management.
- Project Plan preparation, effort estimation, and project issue/risk identification.
- Deployment release management and co-ordination with SQA, UAT and EPMO team.
Tools: Informatica 9.1 Data Explorer, Developer, Data Analyst, PowerCenter designer, SQL Developer, IBM data studio, Cognos, Clear Quest, MS Visio, MS Project Plan.
Business System Analyst and Project Lead
Integrated multiple operational claims systems STAR, WGS and enrolment system Qcare, WGS into a common one through business functionality and data consolidation. Lead the project team for entire life cycle along with system analyst role.
- Project Planning, effort estimation and Work Breakdown Structure WBS preparation.
- Proper resource identification, task assignment and team utilization report preparation.
- Monitoring overall progress of delivery and verification of quality process at each phase of project life cycle and internal/external audit.
- Analysis of existing membership claims processing system and working with source system SMEs to identify functional Gap.
- Source data analysis, data profiling and data quality analysis.
- Prepare BRD walkthrough of requirements with system SME.
- System Design/TRD preparation and review.
- SIT/UAT issues resolution.
- Production deployment planning Support.
Solution Environment: Z-OS on IBM Mainframes. COBOL, JCL, DB2, IMS DB/DC, Tablebase
Tools: File Manager, FM IMS, Debug, Spufi, Changeman, MS-Project
System Analyst Tech Lead
- Analysis of legacy system. Requirement gathering by interacting with business users SMEs.
- BRD preparation walkthrough with business and getting approval. Technical Design Document preparation.
- Construction Unit testing Onsite-Offshore coordination and regular status reporting to client manager.
- System Testing and support. Production deployment planning and Post-implementation verification/support.
System Analyst Tech Lead
- Requirement review, direct interaction with business customers, translation to BRD.
- User problem ticket solving within SLA timeframe. Production support Provide support to user production jobs.
- Construction Unit Testing Involved in the coding and unit testing of several COBOL programs, and JCL procedures for any enhancements of client information group applications.
Lead Developer Analyst
- Production support Provide support to user production jobs as primary on-call person and solution of all kind of problems in production jobs. Ensure correct and error-free execution of these jobs within stipulated time.
- Resolution of all type of client queries.
- Writing system and program specifications.