Skills/Software Years of Experience Programming Languages
- MVS JCL, OS JCL, DOS/VSE JCL, z/OS JCL 15 yrs Enterprise Cobol, Cobol II, OS Cobol
- CICS, CEDF, SDF, BMS, VSAM, IDCAMS 10 yrs CICS Cobol 1
- Xpediter/CICS, CA-Intertest, Abend-Aid CICS 10 yrs DB2 Sql
- Xpediter/TSO, File Aid/MVS, Abend-Aid MVS 10 yrs ADS/O, Cobol/DC
- DB2, SQL, Spufi, QMF, File Aid/DB2 10 yrs Basic Assembler Not used since 2005
- Administration Tools, IBM Utilities, DF Sort 10 yrs DL/I, Easytrieve
- IMS, Syncsort, SAR, TMS 5 yrs SAS for z/OS, Quick Job
- Platinum Tools, RC Query, Data Warehousing 4 yrs Pacbase, Visual Basic
- DB2 Stored Procedures, Mainview for WebSphere
- TSO/ISPF, CA7, CA11, FTP, NDM, QuickRef
- Changeman, Endevor/MVS, CA-Panvalet, Librarian 15 yrs Unix/Oracle Not used since 2005
- IDMS/ADS/O, IDMS/R, IDMS/DC, OLQ, IDD 12 yrs UNIX, Exceed, Telnet, Oracle 9i, Datastage
- MAP/C, OLM, DML/O, IDMS/SQL, OCF, ADS/A 12 yrs VI Editor
- Windows 95/98/NT/20xx/XP/Windows 8 15 yrs PL/SQL
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, Visio, Outlook 15 yrs DataStage Basic
- HP Quality Center, Appwatch
- Control-M, Control-D, Smartest, Smartedit,
- Debug CICS and Batch GUI and Mainframe ,
- File Manager/TSO, BMC Catalog Manager
- Operating Systems - IBM Mainframe and IBM compatible PCs, CICS, IMS, DB2, CMS, Unix
- SDLC Methodologies Method 1, Waterfall, Agile some exposure
Title - Applications Programming Consultant
Performed project development, applications support, and production support, at the client site of Bank of America Merrill Lynch, a global banking and global markets business of Bank of America Corporation. The business emphasis involves lending, derivatives, and other commercial banking activities, post trade confirmation, settlement, custody, transaction management, and client services for the banks' equity market products - equities, electronic trades, and commodities. Assisting Settlements and Transaction Management teams on large to small scale projects on the mainframe platform, co-existing with distributed environments.
- Quick Synch-Up on Account Number vs. Unique ID Abandoned Property
- In order to comply with an enterprise audit finding for the Deceased Client Notification process, a new field was added called a unique ID, into the Abandoned Property system. This new field was needed to comply with corporate due diligence practices and state reporting, and was designed to be sent to an external vendor that would identify Merrill Lynch accounts owners as deceased. The unique ID field was used to match up related accounts within the enterprise so that all accounts within the enterprise for the same deceased owner would be marked as deceased. This way, the updated client information on the Abandoned Property system could be used to age accounts for escheatment. Wrote new cobol programs to initialize the abandoned property data on DB2 tables, and revised cobol code, jobs, procs, and other elements within the Abandoned
- Property system. Also worked in hand with distributed developers who were responsible for writing new screens to allow viewing of the unique ID.
- CNS-ACATS Night-Cycle Process To Comply with DTCC Industry Mandate
- Participated in a large-scale, multi-team project to revise the MICS Merrill Lynch Inventory System , intra-company process to recognize the new CNS-ACAT account, 030-00400, in order to properly book intra-company accounting entries for ACATS. Revised cobol code and CICS programs, jobs, procs, and other elements within the MICS Night-Cycle system in order to add the new CNS account and broker to the CNS application.
- Mainframe Production Defect Resolution:
- As a team member of the Transaction Management Team, became involved with monitoring the Transaction Management Production Support Email list, watching for issues that are to be resolved within a business day. Support involves mostly distributed platforms. Working with distributed team members to learn and apply solutions.
- Skills Sets: Cobol LE batch and CICS , JCL, TSO z/OS, MVS ISPF, DB2 v10, Spufi / DB2 Commands DB2I , CICS v8.1, VSAM, IDCAMS, Xpediter/CICS, Appwatch, MQ, Syncsort, DF Sort, File Aid for Batch, File Manager for TSO, FTP, NDM, MVS, SAR, TMS, Endevor, Waterfall and Agile Methodologies, QuickRef, IBM Utilities, distributed technology, DCAR, OSDA, DB2 Catalog Manager BMC .
Title: Systems Analyst
Performed consulting services as a systems analyst / programmer analyst and production support technician at the client site of Express Scripts, Inc., specifically to support IBM's ESI Project, to complete the technology conversions and code migrations as part of the acquisition of Medco Health Solutions, Inc., by Express Scripts, Inc., a pharmacy benefit management organization.
Mainframe Production Defect Resolution:
- As a team member of the CDH PSO Consumer Driven Health, Product Support Organization on a daily basis, participated in the resolution of incident-related production defect 'tickets' raised by clients or the CDH Triage team, conforming to strict timelines based upon the urgency of the issues. In all cases, started process of performing ticket resolution with an initial ticket review by looking up the specific ticket information on the Remedy 7.5 system, followed by gathering documentation from individuals who formerly worked on the ticket, ticket-related emails, application documentation on network repositories Sharepoint sites, network files , mainframe elements in pds files or Endevor, and communications with subject matter experts technical leads, team leads, project leads, and co-workers . Proceeded to next steps, performing research and analysis using various debugging tools and utilities to determine the exact source of the defect, and developed strategies for resolving the defects.
- For each ticket, determined if defects originated within the CDH application, and if so, proceeded to the 'build' phase, making source code changes batch and online, including DB2 sql statements, jobs, procs, job schedules, control cards, online maps, and any needed file additions, modifications, adjustments, re-sends, and extracts. Remaining steps consisted of two phases of testing, one phase for unit testing, and a second, for 'Maintenance' testing, using a production-like environment. During testing phases, also provided documentary screen shots to the clients before and after , to verify the correctness of the changes to the modules or files/tables. Followed with the deployment phase, where the changed modules/files/tables, are moved into the production environment. This phase was then followed by validation of the implemented changes in the production environment.
- In cases where the production defect did not originate in the POS CDH application, documented all research and analysis, including screen shots of jobs, screens, and files, and turned tickets back over to CDH Triage for assignment to another application team Eligibility, Point of Sale, Benefits .
- Progress reports were taken for all POS CHD tickets during a daily team meeting led by the IBM PMO.
- Mainframe On-Call Production Support:
- Provided on-call support on demand, 24/7 for one week each month, covering PSO CDH legacy support both on-shift and off-shift. Activities included all tasks as given for Mainframe Production Defect Resolution, above.
- Mainframe System Releases Production Support:
- Participated in a bi-monthly series Tiers of system releases where several clients were moved from ESI's historical Anchor system to the Medco F14 database for Express Scripts, Inc. Following implementation of migration code/files/tables/job - provided coverage on-site for the POS CDH application during the daytime shift 6:00 a.m. 3:00 p.m. , for three weeks, 7 days each week. Activities included conducting analysis, code, development, and testing of fixes in response to issuance of Tier-related 'tickets', within specific time frames based upon the need. Also provided legacy integration support and code/job changes for a variety of applications including Consumer Driven Health, Eligibility, and Point of Sale. Participated in coordination of efforts involving daily support and 'Tier' activities, with off-shore IT staff in India, to enhance coverage of support activities on a 24 by 7 basis. Assisted in all implementation activities during the daytime shift, including endevor migrations of code, maps, copybooks, jobs, and procs. Validated successful transfers of code/file/table/jobs to the Express Scripts, Inc. platforms, and raised tier-related tickets for errors found, including job/task abends, missing data and/or files, database issues, inaccurate schedules, and other problems that surfaced during the implementations.
Skills Sets: Cobol LE, Cobol II batch and CICS , Easytrieve, Rexx, JCL, TSO/ISPF, SDSF, TPX, CICS v 8.1, BMS, DB2 v9, Spufi, DB2 Commands DB2I , Unicenter Tools, VSAM, IDCAMS, CA-Interest mainframe and batch , CA-7, CA-1, Syncsort, File Manager, Endevor/MVS, Sharepoint, QuickRef, NDM, FTP, SOA, XML, MQ, MVS Utilities, Remedy 7.5, HP Quality Center, Microsoft office suite, Waterfall, Agile some exposure methodologies.
Title Cobol Programmer
- Performed analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment of modifications to existing modules within mainframe health care claims processing applications at the client site of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama, a non-profit provider of a wide variety of health care products and services including pharmacy plan coverage, and individual, family, group, Medicare, employer-sponsored, and long term care plans.
- Participated in a collaborative effort in developing and implementing three 'RFS' request for service projects from the business units managing health care claims, with the purpose of revising selected categories of procedure codes to add or delete one or more procedure codes within each category. Another objective of the 'RFS's was to add or delete other categories, adding new procedure codes to the new categories, or to delete categories altogether. The procedure codes within each category, also known as CPT Current Procedural Technology codes, were identified by the business groups to conform to the changing medical insurance requirements. The appropriate CPT codes exist to show the reason a procedure is performed .
- All revisions were unit, system, acceptance, and parallel tested on the BCBS mainframe and distributed Claims environments, and included various database methods, including Vsam, DB2, and others within distributed environments for program calls from the mainframe . Built batch job streams in all testing environments to mimic those in production, and executed and monitored all test job runs and determined and resolved abends in job control, source code, and files using Debug for batch. Used NDM to port test files to and from different regions and partitions. The programming language used was Cobol LE. Word was used for project documents and client correspondences, with the Waterfall methodology. Tools used were Syncsort, Spufi, Platinum Tools, Debug CICS and batch , Pan Statements, QuikRef, and NDM.
- Performed database searches on DB2 tables to assist in trouble-shooting of discrepancies in vendor payment amounts for specific time frames.
- Participated in a project for the ICD-9 to ICD-10 conversion International Classification for Diseases to redesign a CICS screen to use the newly converted ICD-10 diagnostic codes. The screen was revised to accept the new format, presenting the converted codes from a Vsam database.
Skills Sets: Cobol LE batch and CICS , JCL, TSO/ISPF, DB2 v9, Spufi, Platinum tools, VSAM, IDCAMS, Debug mainframe and batch , NDM, Syncsort, File Manager, Panvalet, QuickRef, IBM Utilities, Microsoft office suite, Waterfall methodology.
Title Applications Programming Consultant
- Performed project development and applications support as a systems analyst/developer at the client site of Bank of America Merrill Lynch, a Global Markets Research Technology Division, with the primary system focus on the MICS Merrill Lynch Inventory
- Control System . Core functions provided by MICS included post trade confirmation, settlement, custody, and client services for the banks' equity market products - equities, electronic trades, and commodities. Assisted MICS team and others on large-scale projects involving common project objectives, as well as smaller scale assignments making enhancements within MICS itself. Completed nearly 50 assignments during this contract.
- Working with multiple teams, took part in analysis and debugging of programming and design errors and abends, and supported QA team in installing initial and remediated code and monitoring and trouble-shooting CICS and batch components through to implementation. During testing, resolved abends and traced logic errors in program logic using CEDF and Xpediter for CICS. Performed implementation tasks such as migrating code into QA and Staging environments, creating Endevor packages for each project, and monitoring the installations and validating the output of the initial production runs. Created word documents documenting the testing processes, including Test plans, Test Results, and validations post-implementation.
- Performed ad-hoc changes to CICS back-end programs to correct error messages from trades processing sent to production support staff, reformatting message contents and adding new messages as needed. Working with distributed staff, arranged for time slots for testing and delivery by distributed staff to management and technical staff responsible for responding to problems identified by error messages. Built test data for tasks using production backup files using IBM utilities. Worked with CEDF and Xpediter for CICS to resolve abends and diagnose logic errors.
- Performed multiple phases of testing of CICS back-end programs where coding was performed by others, including unloading and loading tables, Vsam datasets, flat files, and MQ files, validating all test outputs, and correcting programming errors encountered during testing. Maintained correspondence with requestors of the testing and created documentation as required. Employed CEDF and Xpediter for CICS during testing to resolve errors in processing. Employed Waterfall methodology as the SDLC tool.
- Performed changes, additions, and updates on batch job scheduling management system PODS to keep current with business needs.
- Performed some coding revisions to MQ instructions within batch programs in order to comply with Bank of America MQ coding standards, and tested program revisions and batch job streams to validate the correctness of the changes. Used Xpediter for Batch to find and correct errors in execution. Built batch job streams for Q/A and coordinated nightly Q/A job runs with the Q/A team.
- Performed enhancements to batch jobs/programs to increase speed and efficiency by revising processing of Vsam datasets, or by adding sorts to consolidate records on relevant keys or to change orders of fields, or to consolidate processing from several job steps into a single job step. After each enhancement was completed, full-scale, full-volume testing was conducted in Q/A and UAT environments and compares of production and test CPU/elapsed times were compared to validate that the revisions were accurate and more efficient. Personally built all batch job streams for every level of testing from unit to Q/A. Added new jobs and job steps as necessary and updated changed/new jobs to the job scheduling management system PODS .
- Add Secondary Key / User fields for RLSU/OFAC Research.
- Participated in a major effort on the CICS platform, involving multiple applications to add a secondary key and other informational reference fields to the Regulatory List Screening Utility. These new values were added to assist Settlement Operations and Broker Transfer personnel in identifying fed or government trades where standing instructions scanned by the RLSU had 'hits' on the OFAC database. These new research tools were developed to make it easier for Bank of America to be in compliance with OFAC economic sanctions requirements.
- Restrict calls to Global Stock Loan database for each security to first run of the day.
- Participated in a multi-team CICS project to revise the Merrill Lynch online borrow return allocation process. This process looks at inventory and recommends returns to Global Stock Loan. Formerly, the process would call the Global Stock Loan
- database for each security every time the transaction was started. To save costs, the borrow return process was revised to call the Global Stock Loan database only during the first run of the day. This change resulted in the accomplishment of a significant reduction in prime time MIPS and saved the company over 68,759 / year.
- Include Pro Syndicate Records with Current PDQ Records in MICS Nightside.
- before. This revised process ensures that both institutional and pro syndicates are processed in the night cycle without causing breaks. Revised batch job streams to change/add new JCL, and worked and updated changed/new jobs to the job scheduling management system PODS . Project phases were tracked and documented using the Waterfall methodology.
- Adjusted the batch 'Nightside' process to include Syndicate records along with current PDQ records in the MICS nightly batch processing, correcting a condition that was causing Syndicate records to fail to deliver. In order to include the additional records in the processing, the batch input for the main program was revised to read in the DTC Nightside file and match those records to pending syndicate items on the SAD Deliver DB2 table. This replaced DB2 cursor processing from
- GTR Trade File Record Length Reduction.
- Participated in a cross-team project to produce faster job processing by reducing record lengths for a series of files created in the batch cycles - from 4,000 to 3,400 bytes. Modifications included program copy books, procs, and re-compiling programs using revised copybooks. All modified jobs went through full-scale, full-volume testing and output files were compared to production to ensure accurate results.
Skills Sets: Cobol LE batch and CICS , JCL, TSO z/OS, MVS ISPF, DB2 v9, Spufi / DB2 Commands DB2I , CICS v6, VSAM, IDCAMS, CA-Intertest, Xpediter/CICS, Viasoft SmartTest, Mainview for CICS, Appwatch, MQ, Syncsort, File-Aid/MVS, NDM, SAR, TMS, Endevor, Waterfall Methodology, QuickRef, IBM Utilities.
Title - Mainframe Developer
- Created and executed ad-hoc programs and jobs to update or add records to production files and databases in response to requests from the business in order to maintain data integrity in the TLC Tender Loving Care and SET Southeast Toyota application environments. Both batch and online programs were affected, as well as batch job streams, job schedules, and job/program documentation.
- Wrote numerous new SAS programs and jobs to create excel-type delimited-format files to provide production data that emulated CICS transaction screens using filters from the business. Inputs to these programs were DB2 or Vsam unload or back-up files of the tables/files read by the CICS screens. The delimited files written out were imported into excel spreadsheets and these were attached to emails and sent to the business analysts advocating for the client.
- Revised source code and batch job streams to extend history on month-to-date sales activity transactions to 25 months from 12 months for all TLC production DB2 tables. This was completed in order to allow increased visibility to this activity on the CICS screens, and also to extend the historical archiving of month-to-date sales activity. Used NDM to send/receive datasets for testing from other regions and partitions. For testing, built batch job streams for all testing phases, and worked with schedulers to add/update jobs to the ZEKE batch job scheduling system.
- Completely revised the process to create audits for the Accounting department to add columns listing various invoice related fields to Vehicle Sales files for the SET line of business. The purpose for these changes was to allow the customer service department to distinguish between various categories of sales.
- Debugged and corrected batch job streams launched by CICS transactions, to include missing datasets that caused production batch abends. Revised code and jobs and procs to include the missing datasets and re-started all abended jobs. Built all batch job streams for testing environments and executed and monitored all testing, and worked with schedulers to add/update jobs to the ZEKE batch job scheduling system.
- Made many enhancements to the process of invoice printing for Courtesy Warranty Services and Fidelity Warranty Services dealers for the A/R department within JM A, in response to claims that invoices were not being printed at the dealerships.
- These changes encompassed CICS and batch processes for screens, programs, jobs, procs, and control cards. Included in the changes were A/R customer print parameters, report codes, company print parameters on several CICS screens, and batch program, job, and control card changes for the same parameters as the CICS screens.
- Wrote a SAS program for the purpose of monitoring completion times and elapsed times of selected jobs in SAVRS, with the purpose of providing job run statistics to IT management after large-scale batch scheduling changes were put into effect. Input to this job was the production dataset for SAVRS output was the punched SAS Report to a held class.
SAS Unix / Linux Migration.
- This project was started to modify all production mainframe jobs that sent FTP files for the Actuarial Department, from the SAS Unix server, to the new Linux server, and involved the JM A mainframe group and the Actuarial department. The effort was concentrated around the migration and upgrade of SAS from Unix to Linux. My role in this migration was the transformation of the jobs, procs, and control cards to conform to the upgrade, and running full parallels to production to ensure the exact reproduction of the data to the new server.
- Performed all batch modifications, including program modifications and new programs, jobs, procs, control cards, and FTP processes, for the TLC applications, to provide new column data on the product DB2 tables for percentage rates, financing and payment amounts, residuals, and error flags for use by the Actuarial department. Development tasks included coding, development, unit and systems testing, and updating program, job, and FTP process documentation.
- This project was created in response to fulfill compliance directives at the behest of the state of Florida, and affected the calculations of the 'retail' fields on many contract sales and service agreements written at the JM A and SET dealerships. Made all modifications to the contract entry CICS screens including new compliance requirements and also other functionality that had not worked correctly in past releases of code. Working with multiple teams, revised and tested three screens, 'Contract Sale Request', 'Contract Sales Entry', and 'GAP Contract Entry Sales'. The project involved extensive UAT testing with the Q/A team members, who recorded defects on Mercury Test Director. All developers were required to fix defects within 24 hours of defect reporting.
Skills Sets: Cobol for z/OS, Cobol II, Pacbase, CICS, DB2, VSAM, TSO/ISPF, SDSF, QuickRef, JCL, File Aid/MVS, File Aid/DB2, Spufi, DB2 Administration Tools, DB2 Commands, Syncsort, Xpediter/TSO, Xpediter/CICS, Microsoft Office suite, SAS for Z/os, TRMS, SAVRS, Changeman, Service Desk, Outlook, Waterfall methodology, HP Quality Center, and NDM.
Title: Mainframe Developer
Performed project development and applications support as a systems analyst and mainframe developer at Merrill Lynch, the world's largest brokerage firm, in the Global Equity Market Services Division. Responsibilities included rebuilding, enhancing, and supporting Merrill's computer applications in investment trading, clearing, settlement, and custody, including retail and institutional accounts for domestic and international trades.
- Completely rewrote the batch process for formatting institutional delivery trade confirmation authorization records in the PDQ Pre-Determined Quality trade cycle sent by Merrill to the Depository Trust Company the primary clearing and Settlement Company for Merrill's domestic trades, to conform to the CCF/II formatting conventions in the trading industry. Project included rewriting all programs and jobs that receive transmission records back from DTC. Performed extensive unit, systems, and integration testing of all re-worked jobs and programs as well as those further downstream to validate the correctness of database updates to Merrill Lynch tables and files from the PDQ cycle.
- Added modifications to back-end daytime CICS transactions used to receive MQ messages from the clearing house DTC, containing confirms and affirms of institutional trades. Added extensive error routines to the transactions to identify and document DB2, VSAM, CICS Link, and MQ errors occurring during transaction processing. The newly added error messages were then routed to pagers carried by team members responsible for reviewing and researching the error messages to determine the causes of the errors and to correct them. The enhancements to these transactions were installed to remedy the problems that occasionally occurred within the process of reconciliation of CNS confirms on the DTC side to the
- corresponding updates to files and databases on the Merrill Lynch side. Performed analysis, technical design, coding, unit, regression, and systems testing of enhancements, interfaces, and beeper logic for this project.
- Performed modifications to back-end daytime CICS transactions to send pledge messages via MQ to the clearing house DTC, for pledges of stock and logging of all MQ error messages that would occur during the transactions. Transactions were enhanced to add MQ pledge errors to the Merrill Lynch online Vsam log file. Purpose of this enhancement was to maintain error messages beyond the 2-day window they were kept on MQ log files, to enable Merrill Lynch customer support staff to
- respond to requests for information about errors on pledges where MQ error messages had been dropped from the application. Performed all analysis, technical design, coding, unit, regression, production parallel, and systems testing of enhancements and interfaces for the project.
Skills Sets: Cobol for z/OS, batch and CICS , DB2, DB2 Stored Procedures, Spufi, VSAM, JCL, File Aid/MVS, Abend-Aid, Syncsort, Microsoft Office suite, Endevor/MVS, QuickRef, CA-Intertest, CICS, NDM, MQ, OSDA in lieu of SDSF .
Title: Mainframe Programming Contractor
Performed analysis, technical design, coding, unit and systems testing of enhancements, interfaces, and modifications to mainframe bankcard processing applications - at the client site of Fidelity National Information Services, providing debit, credit, check and merchant technology solutions to financial institutions, retail firms and credit unions providing them with transaction processing, back office operations, and fraud and risk management.
- Tasks included analyzing business requirements and business functional specifications, writing technical specification documents to support the functional designs provided by a business analyst, and developing programs to support the specifications. Developed enhancements, fixes, and regulatory maintenance to the BASE2000 credit card processing application, using JCL, batch Cobol, BMS, CICS, TSO, IBM Utilities, VSAM/IAM utilities, Abend-aid, File-aid, Xpeditor, Endevor, word, and excel.
- Performed some duties as a business analyst, creating project plan, external functional design, and test plan for major projects affecting the debit and credit transactions within the BASE2000 system.
- Wrote the technical design specification for the Payment Hold Modifications Project and developed all code enhancements, environmental parameters controlling logic by corporation, test strategy, and unit testing for the project in order to enhance the BASE2000 payment hold process to remove or clear a payment hold if the payment was misapplied and subsequently adjusted, and also to allow an institution the option of initiating payment holds based upon the payment transaction date, or the payment posting date.
- Wrote the technical design specification for the Automatic Fraud Charge off Project and developed all code enhancements, test strategy, and unit testing for the project. The system focus of this project was to correct the BASE2000 calculations of charge off days and dates for fraud accounts, to include the online entry and editing of pending charge off dates on the Account Charge Off Screen, and to include the fraud charge offs in the file maintenance and pending charge off reports.
Skills Sets: Cobol II, DB2, File Aid/MVS, Abend-Aid, Endevor/MVS, JCL, Syncsort, QuickRef, CA-View, Xpediter/TSO, Xpediter/CICS, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, Easytrieve Plus, TSO/ISPF, Visio, SmartIS, CA7, CICS, BMS.
Title: Senior Programmer Analyst
- Performed consulting services as a programmer/analyst and support technician at the client site of JP Morgan Treasury Services, specifically to assist in the merger of the Bank One and JP Morgan DDA account services and liquidity products.
- Participated as an analyst, designer, and developer for conversion of heritage Bank One wholesale and retail accounts for customer/account relationships, name and address accounts, and DDA transactions, to heritage JP Morgan database structures within JP Morgan's Deposits / DDA line of business.
- Conducted design, code, development, and testing of merger related modules during all phases of conversion testing, from integrated systems testing through user acceptance and environment testing. Wrote all technical specifications for the Account Name and Address and Customer Account Relationship modules.
- Worked with DBA personnel in establishing referential integrity environments for multiple DB2 tables and helped to insure consistency of rules across multiple regions.
- Assisted in all implementation activities, including endevor migrations of code, maps, copybooks, jobs, and procs, and including onsite coverage on a 24 by 7 basis.
- Completely wrote the batch scheduling for go-live conversion weekends and supplied all conversion implementation documentation for team members using Visio, Excel, and Word.
- Developed Visio diagrams to display all flows of batch modules within the DDA transaction services job streams.
- Performed additional enhancements to conversion modules to improve efficiency and readability of reports and screens, employing DB2 best practices for efficiency, and streamlining sysouts to reduce redundant reporting and eliminate unnecessary processing.
- Played a major role in the Endevor Cross-Region Library Concatenation Project, working with the endevor support specialists to create a special compile process to allow compiles for each test environment, enabling developers to fetch the most relevant copylibs and dclgens for their programs, based upon the projected timing of the related project's production installation.
- Developed new CICS screens and programs for the Automated Investment, Dollar Pooling, Intraday, and End of Day investment products, combining functionality and data sources from JP Morgan and Bank One.
Skills Sets: Cobol 3, Cobol II, DB2, DB2 SQL, DB2 Stored Procedures, Spufi, Fileaid/MVS, Abend-Aid, IBM Administration Tools for DB2, Endevor/MVS, Endevor/PDM, JCL, Syncsort, Quickref, Xpediter/TSO, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Lotus Notes, Easytrieve Plus, TSO/ISPF, Visio, CA7, NDM, WSF, CICS, BMS, Intertest, HP Quality Center.
Title: Senior Programmer Analyst
Performed analysis, design, development, unit/integration/systems testing, project management, and production support activities on both mainframe and Unix platforms at Hong Kong Shanghai Bank, formerly known as Household Credit Services , Credit Card Services Division, supporting the HSBC Credit Services Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Performed extensive database fixes to revise key elements in the data warehouse at the request of the business units.
- Provided analysis, design, development, and ongoing support for the data warehouse and data marts to support business analysis showing trends in customer lending.
- Wrote functional and technical specifications for software development teams in multiple locations.
- Worked with other team members to analyze, design, and develop changes to the data warehouse, using requirements from the business units to change or add data elements to the warehouse.
- Provided production support for the warehouse and the marts, addressing changes or enhancements in the source systems, and participating in an on call rotation for after-hours support, and worked with team members to ensure that the data warehouse met its daily and monthly SLAs for the availability and freshness of data.
- Worked with DBAs and technical support personnel to build job streams and schedules, and to enhance and modify DB2 tables.
- Completely rewrote the Enterprise Data Warehouse for the Credit Card Services division with other team members, working at all levels of the systems development life cycle to create a data repository consisting of DB2 tables mainframe and data marts Oracle - UNIX .
- Performed project management for the Spring Compliance 2004 project, delivering key regulatory changes across numerous batch processes and databases.
- Designed and developed a new portfolio for an oracle data mart, converting two million prime accounts for the HSBC Credit Services Enterprise Data Warehouse.
Skills Sets: Cobol 3, Cobol II, DB2, DB2 Sql, Spufi, Fileaid/MVS, Abend-Aid, Fileaid/DB2, IBM Utilities/Tools for DB2, Platinum Utilities, RC Query, JCL, Syncsort, Quickref, Xpediter/TSO, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Lotus Notes, Changeman, Easytrieve Plus, TSO/ISPF, Visio, CA7, NDM, FTP, SAR, IDMS/R, CICS, Unix, Oracle, PL/SQL, Datastage.
Performed project development and applications support as at VF Corporation, the world's largest apparel manufacturer, performing mainframe computer programming, programming maintenance, systems analysis, and production support tasks, in support of VF's distribution warehouse operations.
- Provided support for and enhancements to the DOCS Distribution Operations Control System application. The DOCS application provided order scheduling, assignment of shipping cartons to cover order scheduling needs, verification of available stock to fill orders, and updating of all inventory and shipment information to the inventory and carton databases for the application. DOCS also provided for processing of inventory adjustments, order status changes, shipping carton adjustments, and carton receipts and back outs.
- Performed new development, program and JCL maintenance, systems analysis, and production support, for all of the mainframe aspects of the DOCS application.
- Assisted in support of DOCS CICS and batch production jobs and processes on a team rotation 24/7, by answering trouble calls from the computer operations department and customer service field personnel, and performing necessary fixes for files, jobs, tables, and databases as necessary to restart processing.
- Participated in a team effort to rewrite the cartonization methods of the jeanswear products, which were distributed by manufacturing to the VF warehouses for distribution to VF customers including Kmart, Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, JCPenney, and Sears . Rewrote all online maps, screens, batch programs, job control, and operations processes connected to the cartonization programs, screens, maps, and jobs.
- Wrote new CICS programs using IDMS, DB2, and VSAM database access methods, and wrote all screens for these programs using SDF and BMS as screen development tools.
- Participated in a study of online IDMS deadlocks, and worked with other team members to rearrange batch job schedules and rewrite portions of programs to avoid deadlocks.
Skills Sets: IDMS/R, IDMS/SQL, ADS/O, DML/O, OCF, Cobol/DC, CICS, CICS/VSAM, SDF II, VSAM, IDCAMS, Quickjob, JCL, Syncsort, DB2, QMF, Spufi, Fileaid for DB2, Cobol LE, Xpediter/CICS, RMDS, TSO/ISPF, BMS, CA-Panvalet, Visio, Microsoft Word, Fileaid, Lotus Notes.