Over five plus years of seasoned experience as a System Business Analyst with extensive knowledge and experience across the project life cycle using Software Development Life Cycle SDLC in the fields of Procurement, Finance, Mortgage, Health Insurance, Life and Annuity Insurance , Investment Banking, Telecommunication, Mortgage industry-Commerce and Annuity.
- Excellent knowledge of industry standard methodologies like Software Development Life Cycle SDLC , Iterative Software Development Life Cycle Process as per Rational Unified Process RUP and Agile.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the documentation of business process requirements and specifications, design and development of use case scenarios.
- Extensive experience in facilitating user group meetings and gathering system requirements for web application development using Rational RequisitePro, Caliber, Microsoft Word, and Telelogic DOORS.
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development JAD sessions for requirements gathering, analysis, and design.
- Recognized for being exceptional in communicating the business application workflow to stakeholders, application developers, and end users.
- Experience in enabling necessary collaboration among business and development teams to achieve clear and well-defined requirements.
- Experienced in developing Use Case Models, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and Data Flow Diagrams DFD .
- Strong visual modeling and business process modeling skills with tools like Rational Rose, MS Visio, and StarUML.
- Worked in team environment and developed relationship with external customers and internal counterparts.
- Experienced in writing SQL queries to manipulate Oracle database and performing manual testing.
- Acted as a liaison between business owner, SME and development teams, and gather meetings presenting project scope.
- Assisted in developing test cases based on product features and functionality, and user interaction possibilities
- Well versed with conducting gap analysis, developing proof of concept, and detailed story boards to help with business and technical decisions
- Excellent analytical, organizational, communication and documentation skills along with good process management skill to gather requirements to bring out the quality product.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
UML Modeling using Rational Rose, StarUML, MS Visio, Rational Software Modeler.
Rational RequisitePro, EMC Documentum, Caliber, Microsoft Word, Ruby
Mercury, HP Quality Center, Rational Clear Quest
Rational Unified Process, SDLC, Agile Methodologies, Waterfall
JAVA, ASP. NET, HTML, XML, PL SQL, SQL, COBOL, RUBY Scripts
MS SharePoint, MS Office Suite, Dreamweaver, Oracle E-Business Suite Financials Oracle
MS Access, Oracle 8i, Oracle 9i, Oracle 10g
Windows Vista Professional, Windows XP Professional, Windows 2003 Server, Windows NT 4.0 Server, UNIX 5.0.4, Linux, Novell NetWare 3.x, Windows 95, Windows 98
Internet Mailing Services
MS Outlook, IBM Lotus Notes, MDaemon Mail Server, Outlook Express,
Hubs, Modems, Repeaters, generic Routers and CISCO Routers/Switches
Confidential Business System Analyst
Certificate Manager is a service provided by IS T PKI systems for requesting and managing digital certificates. Certificate Manager will provide Apple Employees with a UIto request both server auth and client-auth TLS certificates.
- Attended Requirements and Scope discussion meetings, taking and distributing meeting notes.
- Documented the Usability plan for the Certificate Manager UI
- Reviewed existing Requirements and Design documentation and suggested corrections.
- Documented new requirements emerging as part of on-going discussions.
- Also involved in User Acceptance Testing of the Certificate Manager UI.
Confidential Business System Analyst
- Lead the development and design of a new Business Productivity Suite based SharePoint.
- Scope new projects, interpret business needs, translate technical issues, identify and model data requirements, identifying business rules requirements, and test requirements.
- Facilitate interaction between different Business and IT Managers to process data for update into CRM.
- Performing data loads into a complex Staging Database Environment via SQL Server 2005 and subsequent updated into CRM.
- Performing all data maintenance in CRM system which includes data transfers, data migration, and data merging.
- Performing all System Administrator and Developer duties for over 1000 users in CRM system across the globe.
- Perform complex Data Quality Analysis procedures and manual matching techniques to successfully correct data inaccuracies directly in CRM system or via SQL scripts in the Staging Database.
- Working with diverse Siebel modules and versions and create optimized reports for the development of business of the clients.
- Worked on the Database Migration project using SQL Server Analysis Services SSAS
- Prepare a variety of reports in response to senior management's request.
- Working on documenting various processes, functional requirements, setting up users for UAT, creating training materials and other management specific documentation.
- Contract Management and Procurement for Business Purpose
- Worked on Documentum Web Top, Documentum Administrator.
- Assisted with the creation of Standard Operating Procedures SOPs to maintain equality while providing high level end user support.
- Created Test Cases for testing Documentum environment, methods and jobs.
- Installs maintain systems for their Solaris, UNIX. Linux and Red hat Linux customer base.
- Responsible for maintaining Solaris servers, BSD UNIX servers, Linux, and Red Hat Linux servers.
- Maintain all upgrades and patches to the Solaris, BSD, Linux, and Red Hat Linux servers.
Environment: Lotus Notes, MS Office Suite, MS SharePoint VBA, MS Office 2013. TFS, RALLY, Documentum Administrator 6.5, MS VISIO, UNIX, LINUX, SQL Server Analysis Services SSAS , SQL Server Integration Services SSIS .
- BSA for Annuity Host and Life Insurance Team Lead and Lead Analyst of the Production Discrepancy team
- Involved in Problem discussion with the business, end users, QA Testing Team and other BSA from business perspective
- Thorough self-analysis of the problem to determine its root cause as soon as a defect is logged and deciding the appropriate solution/fix to resolve the problem.
- Review the analysis of the developers and based on the analysis being done, determine the appropriate fix for the problem
- Preparation of technical specification document for the development team to implement the fix and functional requirement document for the QA team to test the fix
- As a BSA of Annuity Host and Life Insurance Team, review the QA Test results, get signoff from Business and create the SOX docs for implementing the defect fix to production
- Involved in Requirement Elicitation Analysis of tables related to multiple MetLife Projects.
- Analysis of production tables and updates to the production IMS/TBASE and DB2 tables
- Determining the appropriate tables to be updated keeping in mind the relationship between the tables.
- Updates to the DB2 tables are done using SQL Queries in SPUFI and some of the tools and applications used in the client system like DBASSIST and Product Central.
- Involved in generating the reports through Focus language
- Monitoring the nightly batch and fix any abends or errors.
- Follow up and root cause analysis of the ABEND and logging of defect for the same.
- Onsite Coordinator for the project and handling multimember 4 member team at offshore
- Involvement of various mainframe and distributed applications and worked on languages such as Perl, SQL, REXX, CLIST.
- Requirement gathering from various stakeholders as automations involving multiple Applications. Environment: WS FTP, SQL Server, TOAD, Putty, MS-Access, MS-Visio, Maestro, Perl, SQLREXX, CLIST.
- Acted as a liaison between Columbia Gas and IBM.
- Gathered business requirements from all users under IT service delivery and followed IT PMO Methodology to deliver the projects.
- Expertise in using TFS to open bugs, create tasks and user stories, initiate change requests.
- Used TFS source control to deploy application.
- Created test plans, test cases using Test Manager.
- Executed test cases using test manager.
- Took ownership in modeling and documenting the end-user's AS-IS workflow and TO-BE business processes.
- Created different artifacts such as requirements document, business process flow using Microsoft Word and MS Visio.
- Support and maintained Request IT, Access IT and Problem Tickets TARMAC and also supported all the escalations and IT related issues for the customers.
- Support overall coordination between all involved parties, using project management skills and techniques.
- Wrote various Excel VBA scripts and access queries to massage raw data from carriers across the globe to standardize the data input format and used pivot tables/charts extensively for presenting various trend analysis to the department.
- Work with third party vendor to deploy multiple projects.
- Worked as SME for SharePoint and created system requirements document SRD for SOX and Accounts Payable projects which was built on SharePoint
- Electronic File Transfer for Client
- Autosys Client Request
- User Interface Development.
- Creating Reusable Assets-Documentum and Captiva
- Providing Development, Documentum Migration Framework.
- Interatcivevoice Response, Client Object
Environment: Lotus Notes, MS Office Suite, MS SharePoint VBA, MS Office 2013. TFS, RALLY, EMC Captiva, and Documentum.
- Organized and setup process owner and stakeholder meeting sessions to define application scope.
- Performed gap analysis to come up with application boundaries and touch points using EMC Documentum
- Developed the scope and vision document that defined the primary goals, objectives, and scope of the Loan Work project.
- Followed RUP methodology during the entire life cycle to create use cases, activity, and class and work flow process diagrams
- Involved in arranging JAD sessions with subject matter expert SME and development team for requirements gathering and discussing use cases.
- Participated in walkthroughs where risks, constraints and other issues related to mortgage Loan were discussed.
- Used Rational Requisite Pro to develop use cases based on the requirements gathered from end users.
- Wrote numerous use cases base on the business requirements.
- Developed process model, detailed business policies and modified the business requirement document after writing use cases.
- Developed use case diagrams, activity diagrams to validate different business processes.
- Developed application's business architecture for rapid and controlled Loan Work application development.
- Involved in functionality and regression testing during the various phases of the development.
- Validated the system end-to-end testing to meet the approved functional requirements.
Environment: MS Office Suite, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, Oracle Financial Applications, SQL, Java Script, EMC Documentum, ASP. NET, RUBY.