- 7 Years Professional Experience as Sr. Business Analyst with Project Management Skills.
- Strong Subject Matter Expert in Fixed Income securities and their Trading Life cycle, Including Corporate Bonds, Treasuries, MBS, ABS and Credit Derivatives
- Solid experience in Finance Industry, Investment banking, Retail banking, Commercial banking, Trading and Wealth Management.
- Strong subject matter expertise in financial statements, cash flow, financing structures, Capital Management, Asset Data, Fixed Income, Portfolio Analysis, Stock Valuation, Capital Structures and Budgeting, Value Based management.
- Extensive experience in Investment Advisory, Wealth Management Services and Product Management.
- Deep knowledge and experience of Performance Measurement and Reporting in Wealth Management and Portfolio Management. In depth knowledge of Billing procedures and the Accounting processes.
- Experience with SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, OLAP, OLTP, T SQL.
- Highly skilled in developing stored procedures, functions and SSIS.
- Overall database design with logical modeling and physical modeling, such as creating normalized databases, tune queries, assigning proper indexes, creation of triggers and stored procedures.
- Experienced in Workflow Analysis, Gap Analysis for implementing trading system.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and solid experience in SDLC Methodologies, Agile, RUP, Waterfall, and RAD
- Solid Experience in Creating and maintaining Timelines and Project Plan
- Solid Experience in collection, analyses, and documentation of User Requirements, as well as organizing Interviews, User meetings, and JAD sessions
- Extensive experience in documentation of business requirements and system functional specifications, including BRD and FSD
- Strong knowledge in UML2.0, proficient in creating Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration diagram, Activity Diagrams and other Modeling
- Experienced in Data Analysis, Data Mapping, Data Consolidation and Data Reconciliation
- Extensive experience in Conducting Market Research, Feasibility Studies, Compliance and Risk Analysis
- Extensive experience in the management of User Request Change and User Conflicts
- Ability to organize, document and track changes and defects by using HP Quality Center, Rational Requisite Pro, Clear Quest, Clear Case
- Expertise in developing Test Plan, Test Conditions, and Test Cases conducting and documenting UAT.
- Excellent Communication and Presentation skills Experience working with business users, developers as well as Senior management Experienced in making Presentation to Senior Management.
- Knowledge in the ETL Extract, Transform and Load of data into a data ware house/date mart.
- Expertise in broad range of technologies, including business process tools such as Microsoft Project, Primavera, MS Access, MS Visio, Data Warehousing concepts and web design and development.
- Operating Systems: Win 95/98/NT/2000/XP, Unix/Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, Mainframe
- Languages: PL/SQL, Java, C/C , and FORTRAN, J2EE, .NET
- Databases: Oracle 8i/9i, and MS SQL server 7/2000
- Tools: Microsoft Office - Word Excel, MS project, Visio, MS Access, UML, Rational Rose, RequisitePro, Rational SODA, Adobe Acrobat, Crystal Report, HP Quality Center
Role : Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Met with Business Users, Project Manager and SMEs, discussed the project scope and main end-to-end pipelines.
- Assisted the project lead to estimate timeline and country set up schedule.
- Created periodic status reports and met with project manager on a regular basis to report project status.
- Conducted extensive interviews with all stakeholders to gather business requirements.
- Conducted interviews with SME to identify new end-to-end work flows in the system.
- Worked with Technical Lead in preparing all Functional Design Documents.
- Was responsible for creating System Overview Document, including all major System Use Cases.
- Worked with SME's on reconciliation of Data between two interfaces.
- Was responsible for creating Activity and Sequence Diagrams for all major business processes flows in the system.
- Was responsible for creating System Data Mapping Documents.
- Participated in briefing sessions with the development team and updated business on the progress.
- Conducted JAD sessions with management, SME, users and other stakeholders for open and pending issues.
- Created and reviewed test cases/scripts using HP Quality Center.
- Involved in System Integration testing, Function testing, Regression Testing, Smoke Testing, UAT testing, OAT testing and PAT testing.
- Raised QC's for resolving the defects found during testing.
- Identified areas of risks, assessment, monitoring, having security and audit controls in place.
- Trained end users on the enhancements or new features added to the application like KYC i.e. Know Your Customer PP Peer Profiling.
Windows, Oracle, MS Office Suite - Word, Excel Powerpoint, Java, Solaris, MS Visio, Control-M, Crystal Reports, Toad, HP Quality Center.
Role : Senior Business Analyst
- Established a business analysis methodology around Agile.
- Defined project scope and objectives through internal project management methodologies.
- Facilitating the daily scrum meetings, sprint planning, sprint review, and sprint retrospective.
- Established effective communication for the department with consistency across development and business management.
- Provided presentations, recommendations and updates regularly to the senior management.
- Provided visibility to team impediments/risks and helped eliminate them.
- Encouraged the team for self organization to boost the efficiency and coordination
- Worked with stake holders / product owners to prioritize the requirements for sprint.
- Worked collaboratively across multiple business units utilizing strong product knowledge regarding equities, fixed income, treasuries and derivative instruments.
- Actively worked with various project stakeholders to build a process inventory for Money Market products like U.S. Treasury Bills and Repos.
- Helped the product owners to come up with set of stories for better understanding for estimate and development.
- Motivated the team to come up with quality shippable product and meet the product goals.
- Tracked and reported status and other metrics against goals on an ongoing basis.
- Managed offshore teams in different geographical places.
- Ensured task completion to specification, on time and within budget.
- Represented the team to report overall project status and upcoming risks and suggest solutions about it.
- Managed and coordinated one or more large requirements research efforts performed specified data analysis and studied as requested, and developed and presented reports in support of various initiatives.
- Coordinated and supported the development and implementation of special research initiatives related to specific research goals.
- Provided consultative and technical support, as appropriate, to standing decision-making committees.
- Performed miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Windows, Agile Scrum, Oracle, MS Office Suite - Word, Excel Powerpoint, Java, MS Visio, Autosys, Crystal Reports, Toad, Quick Test Pro, Rational Rose
Role : Business Analyst
- Worked Closely with Portfolio management, fixed income trading, MBS, MSR, non-performing loan pool trading teams.
- Worked as a liaison between Users and Tech team.
- Identified business process models for International Business in Asset Management, fixed income, and mutual funds
- Deep understanding of business flow of International Financial Services
- Assisted PM with development of project plan, following Structured System Development Process
- Extensively worked in Conducting Gap analysis, System analysis, data analysis
- Organized and Scheduled user interviews, user meetings, group meetings, and JAD sessions
- Performed data analysis by using SQL queries
- Collected, analyzed and documented User Requirements
- Used UML based methodologies to develop Business Requirement Document, Functional Specification Documents, Features Specification Documents, and System Design Documents
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Class Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams
- Extensively involved in Data Integration of different databases into a datawarehouse.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the Business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the Project Cycle.
- Participated in the Logical and Physical Design sessions.
- Worked with developers to make sure that they understood the Use Cases.
- Partnered with the Technical Areas in the research and resolution of System and User Acceptance Testing.
- Worked with Quality Control Teams to develop Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Develop User Manuals, and Training Manuals as per Project Specifications and timelines.
Windows, MS Office Suite - Word, Excel Powerpoint, MS SQL Server, Informatica, WinRunner, Management Studio, Java, MS Visio, QualityCenter, SQL, RUP, Erwin
- Conducted one to one interviews with Portfolio Manager to gather Business Requirements and was involved in the documentation of Business Requirement Documents.
- Involved in construction of data flow diagrams and documented the process.
- Assisted the Project Manager in setting realistic Project expectations and in evaluating the impact of changes on the organization and plans accordingly and conducted Project related presentations.
- Reconcile internal external financial reports to ensure proper account balance are maintained and accurate data which are reflected on client accounts.
- Worked with SMEs to understand various assets and security classes, exchange traded derivatives such as futures, options on futures, equity options and index options , OTC derivatives such as interest rate swaps, credit default swaps and total return swaps and portfolio allocation and management.
- Worked with FAs and RAs to conduct Credit Risk Measurements like calculation of RWA Risk Weighted Asset .
- Act as a single point of contact between Liquidity, Controllers and Treasury for Equities and Fixed Income products.
- Translated the Business needs into system Requirements, communicating with the Business on a broader scale and with an in-depth view.
- Designed and developed all Use Cases and UML models using Rational and Visio
- Participated in UAT and worked with Mercury QC for bug and defect tracking.
- Conducted JAD sessions for communicating with Stakeholders and Project directors.
- Designed and developed Project document templates based on SDLC methodology.
Windows, MS Office Suite - Word, Excel Powerpoint, Oracle8i, TOAD, Informatica, Photoshop, MS Visio, Rational Rose, Bloomberg, Mercury QC.
Role : Business Systems Analyst
- Interpreted, evaluated, translated, analyzed and interrelated researched data, and developed integrated business analysis.
- Lead meetings, collected and understood process based requirements gathering, and arranged end-user meetings based on objective facts.
- Summarized all of the research gathered and defined the scope of the
- solution, including what is not in the scope.
- Worked with the project manager and development team to create real cost estimates.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams using UML.
- Established a business Analysis methodology around the RUP Rational Unified Process .
- Used MS Access and Excel to cleanse and assemble accounting data and develop reports.
- Converted various SQL statements into stored procedures thereby reducing the Number of database accesses.
- Created surrogate key tables to map the required dimensions.
- Created hash tables used for referential integrity and/or otherwise while transforming the data representing valid information.
- Used Query Analyzer, Execution Plan to optimize SQL Queries.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing.
Windows, Unix, MS Office Suite - Word, Excel Powerpoint, Oracle, TOAD, Informatica, MS Visio, Rational Rose, Quick Test Pro, RUP.