- 8 years of IT experience as a Business Analyst in Banking, Financialand InsuranceIndustries for various projects from conceptualization to implementation.
- Have a good knowledge of software development lifecycle SDLC and agile methodology.
- Excellent technical writing skills to create Business Requirements Document BRD , Functional Specifications Document FSD ,Test Case, Project Change Request PCR , Test Plan, Non-functional Requirements Document RACI Matrix and Use Cases Specifications.
- Experience in identifying the user requirements, analysing, documenting user requirements into Use Case Model using Business Modelling tools like MS Visio.
- Strong process modelling using UML Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams and ER Diagrams .
- Strong in writing SQL queries.
- Strong Requirement Traceability Matrix mapping.
- Excellent Team player to work in conjunction with testers QA , developers and other team members in validation and testing of complex project scenarios and in the maintenance of Quality Standards of projects.
- Fluent in a broad range of technologies, including business process tools such as MSProject,Excel, Access, Visio, PowerPoint presentations, Excel spread sheets.
- Creative and aggressive self-starter with integrative thinking skills, capable of forming and maintaining positive working relationships in internal, external, independent, and team environments.
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving skills, Multi-Tasking abilities, with proven experience in utilizing people and process knowledge to assist enterprises in making critical decision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, decision-making skills, proven ability to manage small and large-scale projects and to interface with stakeholders.
- Highly motivated and disciplined professional.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing requirements, and learning new technologies and methodologies.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team.
Business Analyst Skills
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design OOAD
- Unified Modelling Language UML
- Software Development Life Cycle SDLC
- Joint Application Development JAD sessions
- Gap Analysis
- Conducting JAD sessions
- Documenting functional and non functional requirements
- Creating application Prototypes and screen mock-ups
- Creating graphical representations of complex business processes
- Experience in using VISIO, MS office
- Delivery Management Quality processes like defect tracking, delivery checklist, change management to ensure smooth delivery of projects UAT and black box, test case execution, test case results reporting, defect log and traceability matrix. Knowledge of Load, Regression and Performance testing and analyzing results using various monitors Develop implementation strategy, business readiness plans and support throughout implementation process Professional Experience
- Interacted with Subject Matter Experts to gather requirements and goals through interviews, surveys to understand the business process.
- Conducted controlled brainstorming sessions with project focus groups.
- Communicated with the Operations team to gather requirements to build Event Management process.
- Worked closely with designers and developing team to understand application functionalities, navigational flows and updated them on the end-user requirements.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development JAD sessions for communicating and managing expectations and to understand thoroughly the business process and the interface requirements, which need to be incorporated in the application.
- Created the Reporting templates, capturing reporting requirements and enhancements to the existing reports
- Performed in lot of Customizations, Enhancements, Updates and changing functionalities of interface.
- Created and executed Test Cases.
- Lead and actively participate in the development of written, detailed business requirements, Interviewed Clients and defined the Functional and non-Functional requirements.
- Identified and Created Business Process flows using MS Visio.
- Responsible for creating the templates for the BRDs.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with the Business Users to capture Business requirements.
- Ensure process/ initiatives are mapped directly to client's business objectives.
- Evaluate, justify and communicate business value for new initiatives.
- Identified the different Business Scenarios and provided Solution.
- Created Story Boarding across the Sales Processes.
- Identified the risk area, work around in the existing process and provided solutions.
- Captured the AS IS Existing Screens and Views and Developed TO BE Screen Mock ups.
- Prioritized new features and functionality based on business needs.
- Experienced in creating Test Plans based on Functionality and Business rules, Test Cases
- Trained end user groups and documented the functional instructions, user guidelines and training manuals for the newly developed application.
- Used agile method for implementing the project.
- Worked closely with client service team to better understand requirements in building project.
- FacilitatedJoint Application Development JAD session, Questionnaires workshops to gather requirements.
- For all the requirements gathered prepared Functional Requirement Document FRD Design Requirement Document DRD .
- Designed screen mocks for the application.
- Designed Use cases, Use case diagrams for better understanding of the system to the technical team for them to identify the key processes.
- Prepared Use Cases, Use Case Scenarios and elaborated them using UML diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Business Process and Data Process Model using MS Visio
- Performed Risk analysis to identify the key risk areas to prioritize development testing of the application.
- Tested the final application for Usability to verify whether all the User Requirements were tailored to by the application.
- Prepared Business workflow Models that covered AS IS and TO BE business processes.
- Coordinated with the QA team in writing Test Cases.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing and walk through each and every feature provide in the application.
Project Description:The Project dealt with acquiring online quotes as was already been done by other insurance companies. State farm wanted a competitive advantage in the market and this meant providing customers with the most efficient method of buying insurances. The web-based application was to calculate a customized quote based on the data provided by the clients. This data was also stored and by means of gathering the preferences of the clients the managers were also going to analyze which of the insurance package was in demand and which one they should market the most.
- Developed business requirement documents based on the scope document, project charter and meetings with the business users.
- Developed technical specifications based on functional/process flow documents Designed list and entry applets to display the customer information as per business requirement.
- Documented workflow process from front to back office, using Visio.
- Used MS Project for status reporting and planning.
- Strong experienced in all insurances such as Property and Casualty Insurance including Auto, Home.
- Designed proposed process flow diagrams for the new system.
- Developed Use case documents with Work Flow and Sequence Diagrams using UML.
- Worked with IT technical team to develop Functional Specification combining different BR documents and Use Case documents that affect particular process.
- Assisted in developing test scenarios, test cases and implemented test plan with the QA team.
- Participated in UAT and worked with Test-Director for bug and defect tracking.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the project cycle and assisted in project documentation.
Designed DATA CAP TASK MASTER, a Claims Manager for Medical Claims verify screen, Claim Data is then uploaded to one of four different adjudication systems, Claims Manager is a fully integrated, customizable medical claims processing solution for TPAs, self insured and Claims Administrators with coordination of benefits, co-pays deductibles, Claims Processing including ability to scan, receive via EDI or manual entry, document image management system eliminating need to store paper claim forms comprehensive claims history display adjuster analysis reporting actuarial reporting and web inquiry capabilities.
- Coordinated installation, maintenance, and management of all the integration into the network.
- Designed and Structured abstracts summaries about the evidence based guidelines and its development a business faceted classification for classifying the business in multiple ways to design a service-oriented architecture.
- Maintained and kept a track of the business Facets.
- Utilized SQL Plus as the main interface.
- Maintained a comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.
- Worked on HIPPA implementation of policies.
- Extensive knowledge of HIPPA EDI transactions for using in the data exchange.
- Analyzed XML to identify input and output data in Web Services.
- Structured GEMS, a payment service provider for billing and enrolment for accepting electronic payments.
- Designed and maintained a Clinical Trials Database housing both medical claims and pharmacy claims.
- Design a clinical trial protocol the 'operating manual' for the clinical trial and maintained a uniformity to allow the data to be pooled where the protocol is always used in multicentre trials.
- Conducted clinical trials to allow safe data to be collected for new drugs or devices.
- Followed a CPT Current Procedural Terminology and ICD International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems coding process and closely assigned unique code to the diseases.
- Assisted in development of training materials for new technology and process improvements.
- Gathered Business requirements. Interacted with the End users, Designers and Developers, Project Manager to get a better understanding of the Business Processes.
- Assisted project managers with the development of project schedules and manage scope using MS Project and Excel.
- Responsible for creating UML modeling plans, Use cases, process flows, Wire Frames and business requirements documentation using Define IT, Visio, and Calibre RM.
- Analyzed and modelled the system using Data flow Diagrams, Functional Diagram and Process Diagram.
- Proposed an object change management system to support object-oriented system design.
- Bridged the gap between AS-IS and TO-BE business process flows, Integration of process flow diagrams to show one end-to-end business model and process mapping exercise including swim lanes.
- Frequently updated the requirement and defect status as per the current status of the testing project during the Triage Meetings.
Business System Analyst
- Interacted with the software development team and executive team to liaison the business requirements to ensure that the application under development confines to the business requirement.
- Served as a liaison between the business and technical team.
- Performed analysis and reporting of marketing and operational data.
- Developed and monitored web metrics.
- Directly interacted and assisted project manager and team members to allow compliance with successful implementation of project within time and cost.
- Managed project risk management and business process analysis reviews over the implementation of different applications.
- Worked with Oracle databases to create data objects necessary to analyze and report findings, including tables, functions, stored procedures, views, and indexes.
- Designed and managed statistical tests of new features, products and distribution channels to guide product management decisions.
- Organized meetings with the development teams to elicit use cases and document them.
- Identified opportunities to use customer data to develop customer strategies and improve business performance.
- Involved in the analysis of the functional, technical specifications, data mapping document and conceptual diagrams.
- Identified critical areas of business risk and modified the business process to reduce the same.
- Prepared status report, schedules, allocation and management of technical and human resources using MS Excel and Project.
- Conducted walkthrough with the development team and stakeholders.
- Analyzed the security implementation of the application with respect to user's perspective.
- Performed Gap Analysis for new functionality requirements, as well as prioritized them based on actual business needs.
Environment: OOAD, RUP, UML, Sales Force, MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Excel, Rational RequisitePro, Quality Center, HTML, SQL, PL/SQL.