- Business Analyst with 8 years of diverse experience with requirements management, business analysis, data analysis and project management
- Excellent Analytical skills to understand the business process and Functionality, Requirements and to translate them to System Requirement Specifications. Developing Functional specifications for business process refinement and automation, data modeling, system Architecture, conducting Feasibility studies and Scope.
- Excellent written communication Technical Writing skills. Capable of producing various documents like functional specifications, test cases, BRD, Business Process Documents, user manuals, user interface specs.
- Knowledge in business process design, research, implementation methodologies, diagramming data process mapping, applying Unified Modeling Language UML , and the implementation of performance measures.
- Strong knowledge and experience in working on online banking system. Worked on various Graphical user interface Web-Based user interface with great excellence. Expertise in Creating and editing website content
- Extensive experience in analyzing and creating Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Business Flow Diagrams, and Navigational Flow diagrams, Wireframes and Sequence Diagrams.
- Conducted Requirement Gathering Sessions RGS and Joint Application Development JAD sessions and interviewed Subject Matter Experts SMEs , asking detailed functionality aspects of business process and carefully updating the information to the requirements in an easily understandable format.
- Well versed in writing queries/scripts for data analysis and Writing Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Cases, Defect Reports and Developing Test Scripts, Traceability Matrices and Test Environments.
- Experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing UAT , SWOT, Cost Benefit and ROI analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of industry standard methodologies like Software Development Life Cycle SDLC , Iterative Software Development Life Cycle Process as per Rational Unified Process RUP , CMM Capability Maturity Models and Rational Tools used during various phases of RUP.
- Develop timelines for project delivery, and manage projects and resources to successful completion.
- Define project milestones, schedules, monitoring progress using MS Project and update plans as required.
- Creative and aggressive self-starter with integrative thinking skills, capable of forming and maintaining positive and productive working relationships in internal, external, independent, and team environments.
Waterfall, Agile, Use Case Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Object and Class Diagrams.
SAP ECC 6.0, Sales force
Linux, Unix, Windows NT/2000/XP, MVS
MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Visio, SharePoint, Adobe Captivate, Rational Rose
SQL, ABAP, Java
DB2, SQL Server, MS Access
Requirements Gathering Tools
IBM Rational Requisite Pro
Position Held: Business Analyst / Project Manager
- Involved in developing a project charter, end user training, Joint Applications Development workshops, requirements gathering and elicitation
- Co-ordinated with department heads and facilitated the Software Development Life Cycle to ensure the project is successfully completed in time and within budget
- Interacted with Stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts SMEs from concerned departments to gather requirements, analyze and prioritize requirements using IBM Rational DOORS
- Participated in daily Scrum meetings with Project Manager, Development Team and QA Team and calculated LOE and fitted it into the Work-Breakdown-Structure
- Sent daily Scrum Notes out. Acted as a Scrum Master when the Project Manager was absent
- Created Functional Specification Documents using IBM Rational DOORS. Linked Functional Specification Document FSD to Business Requirements Document BRD in DOORS
- Responsible for creating Process Flow Diagrams and Use Case Diagrams using MS Visio
- Created UAT Test Cases using HP Quality Center
- Participated in Peer Review of test cases, test scripts and test plans before execution
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing UAT to ensure all requirements are met by the application. Got sign-off from end-users on UAT results
- Scheduled meetings with Developers, System Analysts and Testers to collaborate resource allocation and project completion using MS project
Environment: IBM Rational DOORS, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Office, HP Quality center, JIRA, SharePoint, SQL, Java, XML, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Outlook
Role: Business Analyst
- Part of the initial discovery phase of the project to determine what functionalities are in scope, time estimates, risk and resources. Strategize the priority, planning and scheduling of functionality release.
- Conducted JAD sessions with management, SME Subject Matter Expertise , vendors, users and other stakeholders for open and pending issues to develop specifications.
- Gathered user and business requirements through open-ended discussions, brainstorming sessions, role-playing, prototyping and observation of the compliance department and work environment.
- Involved in drafting strategy for process improvements that includes detailed step-by-step procedures, written from the point of view of each project manager and team member. This integration of procedures with the project's document repository ensures that the procedures are followed accurately.
- Finalized and documented the Business Requirement for the application with various key stakeholders
- Identified IS strategy to be followed and related IS strategy to Business strategy and communicated the same through written and oral communication to the top management and Systems Analyst and Designer.
- Coordinated with multi vendor teams in organizing the project priorities, synchronizing the development schedules.
- Used SQL queries select, insert, update, delete, sub-queries, joins, etc to manipulate the data in the database and generate reports to help the business users for their daily activities.
- Involved in writing test plan / test cases for Web based portal testing.
- Working with QA team to execute User Acceptance testing.
Environment: SQL server, Crystal Reports, J2EE, JIRA, Windows 7, Go To Meeting, Load Runner
- Participated in creation of Business Process Workflow Diagrams with Stakeholders.
- Conducted meetings with business users and SMEs to identify and gather various functional and non-functional requirements.
- Analyzed business requirements and organized high-level and low-level Use Cases.
- Utilized Rational Unified Process RUP to configure and develop process, standards, and procedures to create a Business requirement Document BRD.
- Conducted GAP analysis of the different reports that are being presented to clients to accommodate their requirements.
- Created artifacts such as Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams using MS Visio. Planned all the RUP iterations and documented the artifacts throughout various phases.
- Participated in team meetings to improve overall implementation process.
- Also participated in HIPPA 4010 to 5010 upgrade Level 1
- Knowledge of HIPAA 5010A rules to store the transactions.
- Monitored all the HIPAA transactions through the gateway.
- Participated in ICD 9 to ICD 10 codes mapping sessions as well as status meetings and provided comments and suggestions on challenges.
- Adopted Rational Unified Process RUP methodology with emphasis on its six best practices for iterative and incremental development.
- Played a key role in planning, testing, and implementing system enhancement requests.
- Conducted JAD sessions during the various stages of upgrading the matching system and discuss the current system preference.
- Reviewed System Test Plans, wrote test scripts and worked with business folks to validate and execute the test scripts.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the project cycle.
Environment: RUP, MS Office MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio , MS-Project, Windows 2000 server, Clear Case, Clear Quest.
Role: Business Analyst
- Assisted in identifying the end users of the system and interviewed them in meetings and workshops.
- Met with client groups to determine User Requirements and System Goals. Coordinated work plan between project manager and client using Microsoft Project.
- Created and updated Issue, Risk, Assumption, Action and Dependency Document IRAAD identifying the risks to the project due to its severe dependencies on internal blocks and external vendors or entities. Also provided mitigation plans for the risks and issues identified.
- Assisted in interviewing SME, asking detailed questions and carefully recording the requirements in a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business and technical people.
- Participated in JAD sessions to develop architectural solution that met application with the business requirements, resolved open issues, and changed requirements. Participated in walkthroughs and review meetings with Business Analysts Development team.
- Involved in developing techniques for requirement gathering including interviews, brainstorms and meetings with stakeholders.
- Developed flow diagrams for Business process of the company using Microsoft Visio.
- Followed up with the end users and developers for user satisfaction and change management.
- Use Case Modeling using Rational Unified Process RUP for preparing Functional Requirements documents.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business, operations, and technical groups throughout the project cycle.
- Developed business process models in RUP to document existing and future business processes.
Environment: Rational Rose, RUP, UML, Rational ClearCase, SQL Server, HTML, MS Visio, MS Office, Oracle, Windows NT
Role: Business Analyst
- Acted as a liaison between stake holder's system users, clients and managers, who have a business problem, and software development team to gather requirements.
- Conducting meetings/interviews and JAD sessions with stakeholders to collect business requirements.
- This information along with the vision document was used to transform business requirements into System Requirement Specifications.
- Extracting the business requirements from the end users keeping in mind their need for the application, and documenting it in MS Excel and MS Visio for the developers.
- Using Rational Rose to construct Business Use Case Model and Business Object Model.
- Creating Use Case Model and writing detailed use cases in conjunction with the project team, to define the features of the application, to be used by the development team.
- Creating Analysis Model and Data Model and using these artifacts to develop the Class Diagrams, Collaboration and Sequence Diagrams and State Chart Diagrams.
- Involved with the Quality Assurance team to develop and design test plans and test cases.
- Monitoring Defect Tracking using Mercury Quality Center to ensure that testing effort is progressing with the development team.
- Involved in GUI Design sessions with the Usability Team. Browser compatibility and navigation were tested manually.
- Tested the final application for usability testing to verify whether all the user requirements were catered to, by the application.
Environment- Oracle, Windows XP/2000, JAVA, MS Excel, VISIO, Mercury Quality Center, Go to Meeting, Rational Rose.
Position Held: Sr. Business Analyst
- Interacted with stakeholders and Subject Metter Experts SMEs from front office and middle office to get better understanding of client business processes and gather requirements. Analyzed, documented, and managed all project requirements and changes to requirements throughout the software development lifecycle
- Translated high level requirements in Business Document into detailed requirements in Business Requirement Document BRD and Use Case Documents UCD
- Facilitated JAD sessions to develop an architectural solution that the application meets business requirements, resolve open issues and change requests
- Created GUI Mock-ups according to end user requirements
- Created Context diagrams and UML diagrams like Use Case diagrams and Activity diagrams using MS Visio
- Created UML use case and Activity diagrams for system and Business modeling, using MS Visio
- Managed document versions using SharePoint
- Ensured the Test Coverage by collecting and documenting test results data from various releases using HPQC. Got approval on test results
- In order to expedite defect resolution, investigated defects by fetching data in test databases using SQL
- Logged bugs in HPQC. Assigned severity to issue Facilitated daily defect review meetings. Worked with development team to ensure defects are addressed according to severity
- Conducted reviews with business for sign off at the end of each milestone like creation of vision document, BRD and Use Case documents, test cases and test results
- Created UAT Test Cases using HP Quality Center, Presented Test Cases to end users and got approval
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing UAT
Environment: Rational Clear Case, Microsoft Office, HP Quality Center, MS Visio, SharePoint, SQL