- Expert in business process engineering and software development life cycle SDLC , including analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of software applications. Excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Experience includes business analysis, systems analysis, data analysis and profiling, and development of custom packaged solutions in Data Warehousing DW and Business Intelligence BI environments across Industries.
- HARDWARE MAINFRAME: IBM 3083, 3090
- WINTEL Based WANS and LANS
- OS ENVIRONMENTS VM, z/OS, TSO/SPF and JES3 subsystems WINDOWS XP, 7, 8
- LANGUAGES SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, VB 6, VBScript, DB2, SQL, QMF,
- DATABASES IMS DB/DC, CICS, SQL, Business Objects, ETL, Bulk Copy Load, SSIS, DTS, Microsoft Office Suite 2010 Project, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Visio , Oracle, TOAD for Oracle
Business/Systems Analyst Consultant
- Responsible for determining system requirements by analyzing current processing, proposing solutions and providing functional specifications for developing new processes, upgrading and modifying existing processes and creating Use Cases for testing the functionality of purposed solution s
- Provided input to detailed work plan for assigned components
- Escalated any business, application and functional issues, scope changes and any impacts to cost and timeline to appropriate management.
- Supported functional related questions throughout entire SDLC
- Reviewed and provided input to technical documents, test plan and UAT strategy. Attend test script reviews and provide feedback. Supported all phases of testing.
- Provided input as needed to deployment readiness and planning activities
- Provided functional process flow diagrams.
- Acted as Lead SA on External Exchanges project which was part of the ICD10 initiative. This included the modification for several vendors' inbound and outbound transaction handling processes and files
- Responsible for completion of System Analyst deliverables as defined in the RSA Methodology in the following projects SBC Reporting, Fresh Start Group Migration/Daily Pharmacy Benefit Manager Migration , ICD10 Encounters, EHB Quote Ready group portal screen , Touch Point Correct a Claim Online provider claim interface screen , Mid-Year Accumulator Transfer, EHB Constituent Services modifications to display OOP accumulator information customer service group, member benefit information, and claim adjustments screens .
- RSA documents include BRD Business Requirements Document , SRI System Requirements Inventory , RTM Requirements Traceability Matrix , FDS Functional Design Specification , and SSD Solutions Summary Document .
- Used structural UML diagrams to illustrate how the software system is split up into functional components and the dependencies among these components
- Supported developers and QA personnel during development, testing and implementation of proposed solution s for Standard Benefit Compare SBC , Extended Health Benefits EHB , Encounters, Fresh Start and Touch Point Projects.
- In addition to the above SA deliverables completed the IET Impact Estimation Table for the ICD10 Encounters Project.
- Performed Break/Fix analysis to identify issues encountered processing the daily group and eligibility pharmacy migration runs. Determined the root cause using data analysis and presented the solution in 2 days.
- Designed, developed, and implemented a time allocation tracking system which produced reports of actual vs budgetary time allocations by Application within Project.
Business/Systems Analyst Reporting Consultant
- Analyzed existing functionality and created Functional and Run Documentation for current monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting systems
- Removed the ambiguity that surrounded reporting requests and streamlined and optimized run scripts
- Created documentation which allowed the business community to avoid requesting reports with overlapping or superfluous data
- Worked with the System Administrator to create a road map that allowed the company to migrate from ACCESS to SQL 2008.
Business/Systems Analyst Web IT Consultant
- Analyzed existing functionality and wrote Functional Specifications from analysis and business requirements/user stories for Cigna's Customer Portal
- Facilitated requirements gathering sessions JADs
- Produced Functional Specifications of the highest caliber
- Ensured all signoff signatures were received on time
- Supported Development Team during development and implementation of Functional Specifications
- Used Agile methodology to track key requirements, milestones and ongoing progress
- Participated in story writing sessions
Business/Systems Analyst Dental System Consultant
Reviewed current PPO Dental system and Functional specs for upgrade to determine changes necessary for upgrading to a more streamline claim adjudication system
Lead Conversion/Data Analyst Reinsurance Annuities System Consultant
- Created milestone level project plan for business data analysts and ongoing cleanup activities
- Gathered requirements to develop detail plans and associated designs for conversion-specific processes
- Mapped and converted the historical data from existing data sources DB2 to new SQL 2005 repositories
- Developed and tested any queries, database updates, or specialized ETL processes to support conversion of historical data
- Provided development support as a point of escalation for conversion data conflicts or inconsistencies
- Worked with business users to develop Use Cases for testing and development of new SQL system
- Assisted business users with conversion of existing queries DB2 to utilize new SQL 2005 data repositories
- Fully documented conversion processes using Word, Excel and Visio
- Tracked conversion progress using Microsoft Project
- Created and monitored IT and User Acceptance test plans to guarantee data integrity and database functionality
Technical Lead AML Financial System Consultant
- Served as lead IT support resource for installation of the Prime Compliance Suite SQL Server 2005 based anti-money laundering system
- Participated in process modeling JAD sessions and design walkthroughs with stakeholders for base lining architecture
- Participated in detailing project mission, created data process flow diagrams, and milestone timelines
- Gathered business requirements from Legal Department and translated into functional specifications
- Completed data profiling process for corporate systems containing relevant AML data
- Designed and implemented SSIS packages to translate data from operational systems
- Developed Use Cases, System and User Acceptance test plans
- Developed specifications for input requirements for the ETL Team
- Set up and documented production batch processing creating operational and process flowcharts
- Mapped transaction flows back to basic data elements
- Established requirements traceability to enhance change management
- Worked closely with ETL Team verifying output data to determine any gaps or data inconsistencies
- Subject matter expert for LOB Managers and Help Desk application support
- Responsible for post implementation review, audit and user acceptance
Business Analyst Designer
- Participated in reengineering project to implement a proprietary, Web based Personal Lines System to replace existing legacy CICS/DB2 version
- Partnered with business and functional owner during risk engineering and high-level review sessions to derive and execute action plans, negotiate milestones and create technical standards
- Performed systems analysis on the mainframe version
- Performed data profiling to evaluate the quality of the DB2 database
- Designed data models to provide the definition and format of existing system data.
- Created process and data flow diagrams using Visio
- Determined the system scope and desired functionality of the WEB based replacement
- Gathered requirements form LOB management to translate business needs into functional specifications
- Interfaced with business users to prepare and update Business Process Requirements BPR and Software System Requirements SSR . Created Use Cases and test scripts.
- Worked with QA team to design test plan and test cases for User Acceptance Testing UAT .
- Applied change requests, versions, and addendums in adherence with established change control processes
- Modules were built using MS Visual InterDev, VB 6, and COM with SQL 2000 databases and stored procedures
- SQL Server 2000 tables and stored procedures were created to hold rating criteria to eliminate If, Then, Else logic
- Prepared business process models used Visio to create Use Case diagrams
- LOB management
- Created technical documentation and training manuals in collaboration with
- Ongoing support responsibilities included scheduled maintenance, requested enhancements, and troubleshooting client incidents.
- Incident support included root cause analysis, incident resolution, documentation, and ongoing analysis of business functions
- Provided ongoing support to Actuaries using RATABASE software to update and input current rates
Business Analyst Consultant
- Developed prototype of new information processing application. Created functional specifications and prepared Use Cases and business requirement documents. Created process flow and operational documentation
- Implemented a real time inventory system to track both consumable and reusable items using VB6 front end interfacing with a SQL Server 2000 database
- Product trigger levels different for each product initiate an email to purchasing for reorder.
- Administered training classes for office personnel
Business Analyst Consultant
- Performed existing system s dataflow analysis.
- Mapped application transaction flows to underlying data elements.
- Created Use Cases to document the current processing
- Reengineered the existing system based on independent regional data input
- Designed a single, centrally located, database to replace independent regional inputs
- Implemented a SQL 2000 data warehouse to handle this dataflow
- Produced a variety of management reports using Brio.
- Statewide databases did not have a common DBMS requiring the use of SQL's
- DTS with VB scripting to create standardized transaction codes
- Implemented a VB 6 front-end to eliminate manual inquiry and update data requests.
- Setup an ad-hoc reporting environment to support special reporting requirements. This environment enables the non-technical customer to create reports.
- Delivered on-site training to the user community.
- Created training materials and class presentations
Business Analyst Designer
- Interviewed LOB analysts and marketing personnel to obtain enhancement requirements for reporting and inquiry upgrade needs in an existing data warehouse
- Gathered requirements during inception phase, documented and delivered functional specification documents, and assisted architecture analysis and design using UML and Rational tools.
- Validated technical designs created by IT developers against functional specifications
- Enhanced reporting capabilities by design and implementation of additional actuarial data warehouse tables
- Re-engineered an Access 2.0 system using SQL Server 6.5 and VB6
- Used Crystal Reports, COGNOS' Impromtu and PowerPlay to support the system's reporting capabilities. System was later enhanced to support multi-state expansion using ADO.
- During the development and implementation phases of the project, acted as Business Analyst/Project Lead to guide the efforts of the cross functional teams' consultants
- Created business and technical specifications and documentation
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
- Held technical leadership positions in both the mainframe and client/server environments
- IT Consulting assignments with major insurance companies including Travelers, CIGNA and The Hartford
- Project Leader experience including selection and installation of external vendor systems
- Lead analyst for multi-disciplined project teams in a matrix environment
- Designed and presented training to technical and business personnel
- Responsible for vendor management and contract negotiation
- IT project work in a broad range of industries including insurance, banking, publishing, marketing, software, and logistics