Over 15 years of experience as Instructional Designer, Technical Writer/Editor and Business Analyst with broad IT operations experience across business sectors that include financial, IT, military, manufacturing, veterinarian and medical.
- Software: MS Office Suite Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Publishing: MadCap Flare, Adobe FrameMaker, InDesign, BookMaster. Adobe Acrobat, Adobe PageMaker, Adobe MS Publisher, QuarkExpress, MS FrontPage, HTML, SGML, XML, CSS
- Graphics: Adobe Illustrator, PaintShop Pro, Adobe PhotoShop, CorelDraw
- Project Management: MS Project, Primavera
- Help File: RoboHelp, HyperWise
- Statistical: SPSS, Stata
- Email: MS Outlook Express, Lotus Notes
- Library Mgt: TFS, PVCS, CVS, Subversion, Documentum
- Collaborative: SharePoint, Lotus Notes, eGroupware, MS Outlook, Novell GroupWise
Sr Technical Writer
Responsible for writing on an array of medical applications release notes, and reviewing and performing test scripts using patient profiles, data and medical codes, and revised and updated HL7 coding reference library and conversion.
Sr Technical Writer
- Responsible for current state Operating Procedures mandated by the Federal Reserve Board. These addressed the phases, roles, and complex steps for data tasks involving loans, credit cards, home mortgages, and other lending.
- Revised operating procedures to comport with the final acceptance of flow diagrams authored by Ernst Young.
- Created template and wrote documentation process, from draft to final approval and archive
- Performed business use analysis, process flow diagrams, and wrote SOPs for Charlotte International Airport PropWorks, as well as charted RACI.
- Wrote documentation process and proposed SharePoint content management strategy.
Oracle UPK Training Developer
- Updated industrial processes and procedures video training library using UPK within Citrix environment. Topics included Sales, Shipping Receiving, RX RXi and batch metals processes.
- Published training, train-the-trainer materials and PowerPoint presentations.
Sr Technical Writer/Editor
- Documented internal records/messaging archival and discovery procedures, and captured and documented processes and methodologies for Legal Department compliance. Also wrote SOPs for McCracken and proprietary mortgage software.
- Composed Technical Writing methodology, including review, acceptance and sign-off procedures. Defined SharePoint and Documentum use for collaboration with SMEs.
- Created and updated WBS Work Breakdown Structure for reporting to project manager and leads.
- Participated in development of swim lane process flows with various teams.
Sr Technical Writer
- Developed program for deliverables, library management and WBS.
- Created Visio executive presentation and technical network diagrams, and documented enterprise as built development system components WebSphere, NFS4, F5 Load Balance, Network Security, Virtualization, Cloud Computing, Active Directory for test team.
- Created MS Visio integration flow diagrams for project, team, executive managers and integration consultants.
- Participated in progress and issues meetings. Consulted with SMEs regarding respective systems.
- Produced PowerPoint project presentations for IT, senior management and executive meetings.
- Performed data remodeling, cleaning and standardization for Great Plains and SolveDirect integration.
- Created functional diagram document for QA and Training.
- Performed device-data conversion for FDA compliance merged with support case histories and integrated with Knowledgebase.
- Wrote customer SLA for Sales and Support departments. Produced MS Visio process diagrams.
- Wrote proprietary SOPs and created Visio process flows for enterprise Finance, support management and interactive query applications for Sales Marketing.
- Wrote QA test scripts and QA reports.
- Generated business reports from systems-wide databases in Excel for management level reporting.
- Conducted business comprehensive IT organizational and process analysis with critical recommendations intra-department cooperation, documentation and revisions process for resource lean environment.
- Liaised with SMEs, PeopleSoft software development team and UAT User Acceptance Test group creating new development documentation, acceptance and enterprise dissemination process.
- Conferred with management and key stakeholders on corporate DM Document Management solutions using Open Source software, WBS template and work-flow/documentation process.
- Modeled, wrote and diagrammed end-user instruction sets and created training documentation for upgraded Payroll and Billing software modules in UPK Developer for future emulations.
- Developed functional end-user and QA test script documentation.
- Business Intelligence, marketing and technical communications, training and courseware development and delivery projects from IT to education sectors for US Embassy, USAID, Auctor, Madison Consulting, NGOs, Zagreb and Smile Centre
- Developed and conducted IT courses in Technical Communications and FrameMaker Basics.
- Developed original accelerated English Second Language ESL training program using fingers. Taught English using same methodology.
- Member of Board of Directors for demining NGO post Croatian 'Patriot War' landmine removal .
Manager, Instructional Designer, Technical Writer, Editor
- Redesigned documentation for military logistics and procurement to best serve end-user content needs, including ease of use through consultative proposals and recommendations, based on sample deliverables testing.
- Managed creation and publishing of end-user documentation and training for Patriot Missile System Logistics Oracle using MS Project and WBS for daily reporting to project manager.
- Developed site specific military logistics courseware.
- Wrote technical documents, including Design Documents to Implementation Deployment Plans.
- Wrote, and diagrammed in Visio, multiple site Windows LAN/DBA configurations and security, process flows and module relationships. Wrote and edited test scripts.
- Performed CM/QA role for documentation and Oracle code and management of pre-implementation test scripts.
- Due to development slippage, engineered strategy for time sensitive project deliverables schedule.
English Language Editor
Performed peer review by selecting medical history papers for publications.
Authored manufacturing data and database training courses for staff.
- Performed Help Desk analytics, captured methodologies and re-engineered processes.
- Diagrammed proposed department and inter-department process links and work flow cycles.
- Wrote SOPs, OLAs, SLAs and Help Desk Knowledge Base, and created Intranet resource documentation.
- Utilized MS Project to manage coordinated tasks.
- Developed corporate courses on Oracle supply chain, logistics software financials, proprietary manufacturing and warehousing applications. Scheduled and conducted courses for warehousing, inventory and logistics systems at company sites in US and Mexico.
- Wrote system help files using RoboHelp, and designed intranet help content hierarchy and content
- Developed or updated technical SOPs with network specs and Visio diagrams for Windows servers and one Linux box.
Technical Writer, Document Manager
- Interviewed and consulted with Canadian and US teams. Migrated project library from Toronto, Canada to Lexington, KY.
- Updated network diagrams.
- Wrote full array of project documentation from Design Documents to detailed Technical Field Engineer manuals.
- Wrote 97 of deliverables in BookMaster SGML code and authored help files in HyperWise.
- Wrote custom end-user documentation, SOPs and training for Resumix HR software on UNIX platform.
- Diagrammed procedures in Visio and mapped to internal HR practices.
Instructional Developer, Technical Content Writer
Wrote IT Operations documentation, SOPs, Help Desk manual, operational training and corporate communication releases.
Business Analyst, Manager
- Performed business and process analysis with comprehensive change recommendations.
- Conducted 'quality circles' with selected clients, and significantly reduced call volume to support.
- Redesigned and developed technical documentation using FrameMaker, reducing existing 500-page user documentation to 80-pages with 'running index', including quick reference guide and FAQs.
- Authored software help files using RoboHelp.
- Authored SOPs, Knowledgebase, marketing materials, and advertising strategy and copy.
- Converted documentation to HTML format with links for company website.
Created standardized technical documents for proprietary IT procedures, with illustrations.
- Wrote volume one of two volume set RFQ for US military Joint National Test Facility tender.
- Accountable for all HR of tender, including receipt, review, categorization and sorting of all resumes from scientists, engineers and military brass, development of HR database and DOD/DOE Security Clearance levels and statuses.
- Performed front-end analysis and end-user software knowledge profiles for software training development.
- Developed corporate software scenario and 'backward-chaining', based training designs compressing 6-hour classes into 3-hours.
- Scheduled and conducted IT training.