An accomplished Senior Business Analyst having 8 years of diversified experience and successful implementations in Information Technology involving in-depth understanding of Business Process Flows, Software Development Life Cycle, Process design, Business and functional requirements, Business case preparation, Development and Testing.
- Experience in full Software Development Lifecycle SDLC from association with end-users for requirements determination, defining the system scope, system analysis, Business Case Development to Rollout, Production, testing, maintenance and documentation.
- Extensive experience in Banking/Financial, Insurance, Point of Sales POS , Mortgage, Healthcare Domains with extensive exposure to gathering analyzing end business user requirements.
- Lead and organized Requirements gathering sessions and JAD sessions before groups of Subject Matter Experts as needed in order to document decisions regarding future state of business processes.
- Extensive knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design using UML, Rational Unified Process RUP , Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, Rational Clear Case and Visio.
- Thorough knowledge of UML, RUP, Waterfall, Agile, RAD methodology and rational tools.
- Proficient in developing Use Case Model, Analysis Model, Design Model, Implementation Model, Use Case Diagrams, Behavior Diagrams sequence diagrams, collaboration diagrams, and activity diagrams and Class Diagrams based on UML methodology using Rational Rose.
- Experienced in writing Test Cases, Test Scripts and generating Test Data.
- Experienced in UAT and Unit Testing.
- Experienced in Demo Training.
- Flexible, innovative and able to thrive in a fast paced, growth-oriented and time-critical environment.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with a strong facility for acquiring new knowledge very rapidly.
CHRONOLOGICAL SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
- Gathered requirements from Business Partners/SMEs.
- Conducted Joint Application Development JAD sessions with stakeholders.
- Conducted Impact and GAP analysis on the business requirement.
- Created a new workflow to accommodate the new Federal credit card regulation related to fee, over limit and over limit fee.
- Created a workflow for suspending and un-suspending DDA numbers directly from the customer care advisor screen to facilitate the credit card payments.
- Conducted reverse engineering of the existing vendor system OBTM and developed the solution in-house for better integration with existing chase systems.
- Modified existing workflow to accommodate change request from the client.
- Updated Impact and Trace Matrix.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in banking concepts such as Derivatives, Portfolio Management, and Wealth Management etc.
- Vast knowledge of functional concepts of Risk Management focusing around Credit Risk, Operations Risk and Market Risk.
- Using information gathered from the stakeholders produced various artifacts such as use-case specifications, software requirements specifications, screen mock-ups, workflow, Functional. Specification Documents, use case/diagrams and activity diagrams as per JPMC SDLC methodology
- Maintained ongoing communication with back-end developers ensuring that modifications and requirements were addressed in a time manner and monitored all revisions.
- Participated in functional and technical reviews.
- Worked with QA team to design test strategy and test cases for User Acceptance Testing UAT .
- Liaise with technical, project management, SME, client teams and other Business Analysts spread across globally to assist in the development, testing and deployment of application.
- Lead, monitored, and supervised users sessions and interviews.
- Gathered, analyzed/researched and formulated data and process flows for projects with moderate to high levels of complexity.
- Created business requirements document and converted the business requirements to functional requirements by the help of use cases and activity diagrams.
- Defined and documented detailed, functional business requirements, including systems scope and objectives.
- Developed and managed information systems documentation in accordance with the Department's standards
- Ensured IT understanding of requested modifications of more complex projects, and the accuracy of their technical documents.
- Worked extensively in XML and HL7 messaging standards.
- Gained detailed knowledge and experience working on HIPAA , mapping of ICD-9, and ICD -10 to the services provided by agency's clinics
- Created a solution matrix document to analyze the solutions for the gathered requirements.
- Performed business data analysis and created questions packages for the case management system.
- Worked extensively in gathering reporting requirements for the canned, customs, and ad-hoc reports.
- Defined User Interface UI data types, default, and validations by creating the data structure matrix.
- Worked with the development team to convey the requirements efficiently.
- Performed functional testing and helped in UAT.
- Created user guides for users to use the application.
Environment: Modified waterfall, Jira, Confluence, Java, Ms Visio, Ms SQL Server , Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms Powerpoint, Ms SharePoint.
Sr. Business Analyst
- Conducted user interviews, workshops JAD sessions to understand and articulate business requirements and converted requirements into technical specifications.
- Interacted with cross functional teams to facilitate gathering of business requirements.
- Served as a liaison between clients and technical staff to resolve conflicts.
- Prepared user/business requirements, functional specifications and Use Case System documents.
- Responsible for defining the scope and business rules of the project, gathering business requirements and documenting them textually or using models.
- Performed GAP analysis to identify mismatch between system functionality and business requirements and segregated those into high/low level Use Cases and Activity Diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Assisted with change, issue, quality and risk management activities, and generated management reports on weekly and monthly basis.
- Used Query Analyzer, Execution Plan to optimize SQL Queries
- Created full SDLC project documentation, including: requirements, functional design, technical design, and specs using SnagIt, MS Word and Team Foundation Server.
- Conducted the FRS and URS reviews and walkthroughs with designers, developers and stakeholders, and performed feasibility and adaptability study.
- Developed detailed business flows through both high-level and detailed Visio diagrams.
- Conducted Risk Analysis and Credit Risk Estimation Analysis like Regression Analysis.
- Prepared a package of Process flow diagrams to document the existing system.
- Created and updated project status, requirements and diagrams using RUP methodology.
- Reconciliation of ACH Wire Transfer/Rejects, SWIFT Rejects, and daily processing files.
- Worked on design list and documented requirements to meet industry regulations.
- Oversaw Internet Banking, Bill Payment, Telephone Banking, Mobile Banking, ATM, ACH, Wire Transfer, Check 21 and miscellaneous electronic banking functions.
- Hosted review meetings with offshore development teams and QA teams.
- Performing Web Testing, User Interface Testing, Negative Testing, Positive testing, User Acceptance Testing and Baseline Testing.
- Wrote test plans, organized UAT testing effort and effectively communicated results to the project team.
- Performed training of the end users.