- Accomplished in Business Analysis, Data Analysis, System Analysis and Project Management with extensive experience in business products, operations and Data Strategy Management of capital markets with specialization in Finance i.e. Trading, Treasury, Fixed Income, Equities Fixed Income variable income including Options, etc. , Bonds, Mutual Funds, Portfolio Management, Asset Management, Reconciliations, Benchmarks Blends Indexes , Mortgage, risk areas such as Credit Risk, Liquidity Risk, etc. along with sound knowledge of broad range of financial instruments.
- Over 14 Years proven track record as a value-added, delivery-loaded, project hardened professional with hands-on expertise spanning Architecting Financial applications, Data Governance, Data Management, Key / Critical Data Element Mapping definitions, Data profiling, Data Quality Analysis Reference data, Reporting, Reconciliations, Data Mapping, Data Warehousing ETL processes.
- Accomplishments in analysis and documentation of large-scale business systems such as authoring Project Charters, Visions, Business Requirement Documents, Business Overview Documents, Narrative Use Cases, Data Mapping, Functional Requirements Specifications and Technical Requirements Specifications.
- Expertise in creating UML/RUP based modeling views like Activity/ Use Case/Data Flow/Business Flow /Navigational Flow/Wire Frame diagrams using Rational Products MS Visio.
- Proficient as long time liaison between business and technology with competence in Full System Development life cycle SDLC with Waterfall, Agile and RUP methodology including Business Process Reengineering BPMN as well as cross-functional experiences leveraging multiple frameworks.
- Extensively worked with the Quality Assurance Groups by assisting the QA team to perform Black Box /GUI testing/ Functionality /Data Quality testing /System /Unit / Stress /Performance and UAT.
- Facilitated change management across entire process from project conceptualization to testing through project delivery, Software Development Implementation Management in diverse business technical environments with demonstrated leadership abilities.
Profile: Sr. Business Analyst / Project Manager / Data Analyst
- Project 1 Profile: Security Client/ Legal Entity account Reference data reconciliation. Established excel based trade account level reconciliation between multiple systems. The reconciled accounts were transmitted to the future state target system tables post SME review sign off. The reconciliation process was further operationalized as a monthly activity.
- Project 2 Profile: GMR is a service that provides access to Equity Fixed Income indexes Benchmark information. Index constituent information is sourced from various databases. GMR serves as a central access point consistent calculation methodology Static, Floating Fixed for all benchmarks. The system also involves legacy reference data account benchmark reconciliation between 2 systems for migration to multiple target systems. Additionally projects involved building new Index management tool to replace GMR.
- Project 3 Profile: MSIM manages and distributes Mutual Funds that are domiciled in various countries and these countries follow different regulatory requirements GDR derives mutual fund for fixed income, equity, liquidity, cash, futures, swaps, hedge funds, Global Emerging Markets, etc. aggregations based on these requirements. GDR calculation engine accommodates various rules to fulfill every fund's reporting requirements. GDR aggregation engine offers a variety of calculation options based on key data elements combinations of data grouping logic for Reconciliation with Fund Accountant data Portfolio management reporting.
- As a Project Manager planned, monitored and managed all project aspects with overall responsibility for project implementation within the prescribed time frame and budget parameters prepared project schedules, implementation plans, milestone tracking and resource allocation developed timelines for project delivery and managed projects to successful implementation using MS Project. Created project status reports, project presentation decks weekly RAG ad-hoc participated in PMO meetings update senior management on the project progress, issues and deliverables. Monitor and report progress for all aspects of the project lifecycle on assigned projects to all levels of management.
- Acted as a Lead Business Data Quality Analyst for key projects such as Data Conversion in Vendor Management Tool, Mutual fund BI reporting application, Firm Benchmark Application, trade account securities reference data reconciliation trade data concepts documentation in firm wide application.
- Facilitated and managed requirement elicitation sessions with Business Subject Matter Experts from mutual fund, operations and IT group members to capture document the current future state business process business technical requirements identified enhancements for Business Intelligence reporting application. Documented requirements in Business Requirements Document BRD proposed use case workflow case scenarios using presentation decks UML diagrams using MS Visio .
- Conducted GAP analysis of current state of BI - Reporting mutual funds benchmark Index architectures documented existing business technical process scenarios proposed technical enhancements derived from the business requirements recommended potential solutions for implementation.
- Conducted benchmark mapping activities in collaboration with operations between legacy and target applications identified benchmark gaps for discussion with the business and operations team for inclusion in target system. Uploaded the established mappings in a lookup benchmark mapping table. Also established account relationship between multiple account reference data applications and target application maintained the entire mapping structure using account benchmark relationship traceability matrix.
- Documented the current state for fixed income and equities benchmark indices sourcing constituent level calculation process in the benchmark application, documented the entire ETL process from source to target including business technical rules and its relation to various trade sleeve level accounts.
- Worked with business users trade experts to troubleshoot reported data application load processing. Provided root cause analysis recommendations to SME technology with fixes.
- Wrote SQL queries to perform data extraction and validation data quality , analytical, customized user requests reporting from data warehouse and data marts for various mutual funds and benchmark, T 0 historical data. Analyzed updated target state table data on a daily/periodic basis for conversion purposes.
- Designed built production issues - resolution reports its associated statistics using Service Now issue management tool.
- Established mapping matrix between XML data elements source table elements / database for various XML services used by compliance, mutual fund, benchmark indices , reference data fixed income applications.
- Documented trade compliance level data concepts within a firm wide application for regulatory compliance purposes. Generated trade data concepts matrix published to application owners bi-weekly.
- Developed the mutual fund benchmark specific test plans, test scenarios, test cases test conditions to be used in testing based on requirements, migrated benchmark indices securities account reference data.
Environment: Windows XP, Sybase, Squirrel SQL query tool , MS Office Suite 2010, MS Project 2010, MS Visio, SharePoint, MS Custom tools such as Mutual Fund aggregation reporting tool, MS BI Reporting Application, MS benchmark Index application, MS Customer Account Securities Reference data warehouse, XML, Service Now.
Profile: Sr. Business Analyst / Data Analyst / Project Manager
Project 1 Profile: Repos - Reverse Repos Reconciliation - Treasury's GLRM group expressed a need to certify FRB 4G Regulatory Reporting daily data, by reconciling 4G reported numbers to General Ledger and official books records of the bank. Setup, established, implemented operationalized Reconciliation process/activities for Product types: Repos, Securities borrowed, Reverse Repos Securities Lending for MLPFS MLI entities.
Risk System generates UK US regulatory reports daily. The Regulatory reporting module contains 18 high level FSA lines 47, 48 , FRB BASEL III reports related 2200 individual custom enhanced reports. The SIAI initiative required a phased approach of identifying Critical/Key business elements within the 60 feeds, establish enhance existing complex validation rules in staging area, defining post ETL checks as requirements for various product lines i.e. loans, fixed income securities, derivatives, intercompany loans, prime brokerage, treasury, private banking, repos, deposits, etc via Flex Reporting and defining thresholds on current value of traded products for outlier reporting, etc before the final data is published in the regulatory reports. The initiative also required providing recommendations to enhance the existing source level - only - outliers report for various product lines securities, derivatives, etc establishing product based detailed dashboard by entity for business and technology to understand the KBE based attribute level discrepancies.
- As a Project Manager prepared the project schedules implementation plans, conducted task identification and management, milestone tracking, resource allocation using MS Project. Completing Project Status Reports participating in PMO meetings to update senior management and other stakeholders on the progress, issues and deliverables of the project.
- As a Lead Analyst, Setup, established operationalized Repurchase Repos Reverse Repurchase agreements products reconciliations with General Ledger FRB 4G Regulatory Reports. Defined Operationalized key processes to establish key data relationship between systems by conducting data mapping and thereon consolidating data for setting up reconciliation by Trading Books and Cost Centers between LRS-General Ledger LRS-Source Systems, LRS-FRB 4G Regulatory Reports.
- Conducted Requirement Gathering sessions with key Business Subject Matter Expert's of fixed income trade securities, derivatives, loans, deposits, credit risk, collaterals, long term debt, Cash, etc acted as the primary Intermediary between Technology SME to facilitate requirements implementation including the mapping activities i.e. Source to Target Data Mappings, Data Element Mapping, Report layout templates designed the business requirement collection approach based on the project scope and SLC Methodology.
- Authored Developed Business Requirements Document BRD aka source post position level rules, defined the vision/scope document and the approach document to implement the requirements in LRM.
- Investigated, analyzed, defined and documented existing business technical processes within the data warehouse proposed workflow enhancements based on use case scenarios for improving enhancements , by defining process diagrams and gap analysis to derive requirements for enhancements.
- Documented application enhanced features and functions, assessed scope on a monthly basis and impact of business needs throughout analysis and completion of all enhancement specifications using Agile methodology.
- Worked with data assurance team to establish the daily support model dashboard included of KBE data outliers that will be analyzed by product level SME's at various level to understand the discrepancies.
- Acted as a Subject Matter Expert for Regulatory fields in the dashboard enhancements proposed improvements in the outlier's dashboard for various product lines that is used LRM. Proposed requirements for automation of the KBE outlier's dashboard via flex reporting tool for real time issue identification in data for all product line prior data being published in LRM regulatory reports.
- Proposed KBE's at different phases of the initiative / feed implementation for new feeds during post requirements phases through change management requirement tool called JIRA. Proposed implementation of the key fields in support model with business justification post interaction with product line business SME.
- Wrote SQL queries in TOAD to conduct business data analysis for various product lines i.e. trades, loans, deposits, commitments, etc. , compared SQL query's output to company outlier reporting tool as well as to compare data that's being reported in LRM, reviewed the entire ETL processes from staging to the position table, proposed enhancements, business logic changes validation rules at feed level position table level.
- Developed test conditions and test cases based on business requirements, various product lines. Conducted post production verification of the fields that were enhanced in production all the way into LRM reports.
Environment: Windows XP, Sybase, DB2, Agile Methodology, Flex Reporting, Spotfire, MS Office Suite, HTML, MS Project, MS Visio, TOAD, LRM, SharePoint, JIRA Requirements Change Management tool .
Profile: Sr. Business System Analyst / Data Analyst / Project Manager
- Acted as the primary Intermediary between the Subject Matter Experts such as Financial Accounting team, Credit Risk Managers, Portfolio Managers Product Control to understand and identify the business needs, Business Rules, Business Processes Interface Specifications, wrote user stories and documented them in Business Requirement Document BRD in Enterprise Architect EA and iGrafx FlowCharter.
- Designed, Co Authored, Prepared Graphical depictions of Narrative Use Cases and created UML Models such as Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Flow Diagrams using MS Visio iGrafx FlowCharter. Detailed the Functional requirements specifications, user stories and other core materials
- Conducted GAP Analysis by doing current state assessment of the entire data warehousing ETL process, prepared the AS IS and TO BE workflow scenarios, designed new process flows and documented the business process and various business scenarios and activities of the business from the conceptual to procedural level and prepared Business Workflow models that cover How business processes are accomplished.
- As a Project Manager, created project schedules, conducting task identification and management, milestone tracking, resource allocation using MS Project. Created Project Status Reports participated in PMO meetings to update senior management and other stakeholders on the progress, issues and deliverables of the project.
- Completed Project Status Reports led PMO meetings to update senior management and other stakeholders on the progress, issues and deliverables of the project.
- Conducted data mapping data modeling activities to map products CDS, Equity, Bonds, Loans, etc with the existing processes.
- Created presentations demo's of the new releases to senior management, documented their feedback, organized and participated in release walk-thru.
- Worked with the SQL developers to optimize the SQL queries, reviewed their stored procedures to understand their calculation processes, their entire ETL processes from staging to temporary location until the exposures and the calculated data was stored the final database for reports and extracts.
- Worked on Reference data, Source to Target Data Mappings, Data Element Mapping, Functional Element List, Report layout templates and prototypes
- Performed Gap analysis on the between old and new system, identified gaps between the business and technical processes the extracts sent to clients from the new system, prioritized them based on actual business needs, created reference data, data dictionary and data mapping documents.
- Wrote standard and complex SQL queries to perform data validation to ensure test results matched back to expected results based on the user needs.
Environment: Windows XP, SQL, MS Visio, MS Project Plan, Enterprise Architect EA , iGrafx FlowCharter, CaseComplete Oracle, MS Office Suite, Java/J2EE, TOAD, Sybase, DB2, DB Artisan
Profile: Sr. Business Analyst / System Analyst / Data Analyst / Project Lead
- Acted as the primary Intermediary between the Subject Matter Experts, business and technical SME's to identify the business needs, Business Rules, Business Processes Interface Specifications, documented them in Vision and Business Requirement Document BRD using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Conducted Use Case modeling, authored Narrative Use Cases and created UML diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams, Sequence diagrams and Flow Diagrams Business/System using MS Visio.
- As a Project Lead, working with the Project Manager in preparing the project schedules, conducting task identification and management, milestone tracking, resource allocation using MS Project. Completing Project Status Reports participating in PMO meetings to update senior management and other stakeholders on the progress, issues and deliverables of the project.
- Conducted data mapping activities of securities Fixed Income, Equity, Bonds, FEC's, etc Derivatives Options, Swaps, Futures, etc. between SS's old Portfolio Accounting System and new system FDR .
- Performed Gap analysis on the between old and new system, identified gaps between the business and technical processes the extracts e.g. Charles River sent to client from the new system, prioritized them based on actual business needs, created reference data, data dictionary and data mapping documents.
- Wrote SQL queries to perform to pull data from derivatives data to perform data analysis, conduct data verification expected results based on the user requirements.
Environment: Windows XP/2000, SQL, MS Visio, MS Project Plan, Oracle, UNIX, Rational Suite, Charles, River, MS Office Suite, Java/J2EE, TOAD, SQL Developer, Oracle 10g, DB2, Mainframe, Sybase.
Profile: Sr. Business Analyst / Data Analyst / Project Lead.
- Actively engaged with off-site Third party integration Cognos partners in requirements gathering and discuss UI design and technological solutions. Conducted and lead requirements elicitation meetings with end users to document system requirements and management of these requirements
- Acted as a resource in understanding how the UODS ETL Process Usage Data Warehouse systems carry out their business functions and assist in ensuring the timely and effective implementation by conducting Gap Analysis to derive requirements for existing systems enhancements
- Identified, investigated, analysed, defined and documented business processes and their Critical Success Factors CSF by conducting JRP sessions and heavily interacted with the IT Group by conducting JAD sessions to ensure project deliverables.
- Authored Business Requirement Document BRD and analysed the possible technical solutions, gathered business requirements from SME's and translated them into functional requirements and Business requirement documents using the Agile Methodology.
- Documented various current technical and business processes, understood the technical requirements from the various WOL groups to create, Data Mapping documents, WOL extract specifications to be sent UODS ETL process and UDW system.
- Worked on creating and updating UDW Cognos customer and product YTD reports and generated reports using Cognos. Worked with the developers for creating various DataMarts from data warehouse and generated drill down reports using Cognos.
- As Project Lead worked with the Project Manager in preparing the project schedules, task identification using MS Project and developed timelines for project delivery.
- Created an extract specification and related data mapping file for the product database team to send the related product information into the Usage Operational DataStore UODS Usage Datawarehouse UDW for generating reports in Cognos. Validated the data sent that was in UODS ETL process through manual and automated procedures.
- Wrote standard and complex SQL queries to perform data validation to make sure test results matched back to expected results bases on the user needs
Environment: Windows XP/2000, TOAD, SQL Developer 2000, MS Project Plan, MS Visio, Oracle, Cognos 8.4, XML, XHTML, Java, J2EE, MS Office Suite.
Profile: Sr. Business Analyst / Data Analyst/ Project Lead.
- Actively engaged with off site on Shore Vendors/Third party integration partners in requirements gathering, discuss Technological solutions. Conducted and lead requirements elicitation meetings with end users to document system requirements and management of these requirements.
- Authored the detailed Technical Design Document TDD Functional Requirement document FRD for new product functionality after conducting requirements elaboration sessions with Vendor client teams.
- Analyzed and documented differences/Gaps between current ETL processes and potential enhancements. Made recommendations to development teams regarding the design and implementation of the ETL processes.
- Created and defined equity reference data dictionary, developed equity reference data mapping file by defining old and new equity reference data points.
- Created Data Mapping document between legacy new application as per business user requests.
- Created detailed periodic status reports to provide end-users, top management and implementation team, visibility into the progress of the implementation.
- Organizing and participating in Release walk-thrus, demos presentations of the new releases and documenting the feedback.
- Performed Gap analysis for new functionality requirements, as well as prioritized them based on actual business needs so as to align them with the product release roadmap.
- Provided support towards resolution of issues and enhancement projects for the Global Billing System.
- Tracked and monitored Issues its root cause analysis and resolution identification, Issue prioritization, design and implementation management using Team Track Defect Monitoring Tool to provide accurate estimates of effort for the new requirements and enhancements for UI development projects, the repetitive migrations, requirements gathering estimates, etc.
Environment: Windows XP/2000, TOAD, SQL, Rational Clear case, MS Visio, Oracle 10g, MS SQL Server, MS Office Suite, Cognos, Team Track Defect Tracking Tool , DOORS 8.1, XML, XHTML, Java.
Profile: Sr. Business Analyst/ System Analyst / Data Analyst
- Played an active and lead role in gathering, analyzing and documenting the Business Requirements, the business rules and Technical Requirements from Business Technological Group for Cognos Reporting.
- Co Authored and prepared Graphical depictions of Narrative Use Cases, created UML Models such as Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Flow Diagrams using MS Visio throughout the Agile methodology.
- Documented the Business Requirement Document to get a better understanding of client's business processes of both the projects using the agile methodology.
- Worked with the Project Lead in setting realistic project expectations and in evaluating the impact of changes on the organization and plans accordingly and conducted project related presentations.
Environment: Windows XP/2000, SOX, Cognos, Sharepoint, Microstrategy, SQL, MS Visio, Oracle, MS SQL Server, MS Office Suite, Mercury ITG, Mercury Quality Center, XML, XHTML