Excellent Senior Business Analyst/Project Coordinator ITIL certified with experience in the Financial Services, Car Rental, Telecommunications, Healthcare and Retail Industry. A solid 20 year performance record: applying industry best-practices, company standards and leading-edge techniques to full life cycle Requirements Management in Agile, RUP and Waterfall. Subject Matter Expertise: Process Analysis, Design Implementation, Requirements Management, Project Management and Software Testing.
TECHNICAL SKILLS SUMMARY
- Expertise ITIL Foundation Certified, Business Process Management BPM , IT Service
- Management, Project Management, Requirements Elicitation and Management, Business Analysis, Software Testing, Technical Writing, Supply Chain / Logistics, Quality Principles, Workflow Automation, Migrations and Conversions
- Tools Technologies Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint , MS Access, MS
- Project, MS SharePoint, MS Live Meeting, Windows, Macintosh, Windows, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Adobe 9, Lotus Notes, Google Docs, Linux, HTML, Java, ASP, AS 400, SQL, MS Visio, Filenet, Mega Modeling Solution, Rational Clear Quest, HP Quality Center, Telephony, Web Conferencing, Wikis, Day CQ, Visual Studio 2010, Team Foundation Server TFS , Trackit, Rally
- Methodologies Rational Unified Process RUP , Unified Modeling Language UML , Business Process Modeling Notation BPMN , Requirements and Use Case Specifications, User Stories, Functional Specifications, Waterfall, Iterative and Agile / SCRUM, Quality Assurance, Joint Application Design/Development JAD , Rapid Application Development RAD , Software Development Life Cycle SDLC , Statistical Process Control SPC , Change Management, Release Management, Object Oriented Analysis Design OOA OOD , Lean Six Sigma Principles, RACI
- Professor Information Systems, Operations Management Micro Computing
- Instructed students in the Evening LCIE - Undergraduate Program on the following subjects:
- Information Technology Computing and communications, Internet, World Wide Web, Social Media, data and identity security, programming, System Development Lifecycle and Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Operations Management Value Chains, Supply Chains, process and job design, Six Sigma, Lean Operating methods, Inventory Management, Ergonomics and project management
- Microsoft Office 10 Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
Business Analyst Contract Position
- Performed the role of Business Analyst in an Agile software development environment responsible for requirements elicitation. Short-term contract.
- Operated in an Agile web development environment
- Elicited requirements for web development
- Authored User Stories
- Participated in daily SCRUM meetings
- Elaborated User Stories
- Used Rally to manage User Story lifecycle
Business Analyst Contract Position
- Performed the role of Business Analyst in an Agile software development environment responsible for web support, requirements elicitation and regression testing. This was a short term contract where I helped the team get back on track with the project plan for implementing a web content management system and rewriting the code for multiple internal and external web sites.
- Pitney Bowes St. Louis, Missouri March 2011 to JULY 2012
- Elicited and documented system requirements for mail stream and supply chain solutions. Demonstrated effective communications, collaboration and technical capabilities with a variety of publics including external customers, sales and service teams. Facilitated requirements workshops in person and by Microsoft Live Meeting.
- Elicited and documented software specifications and hardware configurations
- Authored Statements of Work
- Authored Use Cases
- Used Visio to create UML diagrams
- Mapped data from a variety of file types to mail piece outputs
- Analyzed a variety of large data files including .csv and .xls formats for data mapping purposes
- Managed tasks to completion in order to complete sales process
- Managed Distribution Services pre-sales Change Management processes
- Operated in an Agile work environment
Quality Assurance Software Tester Contract Position
- Acted as a Quality Assurance Software Tester for large-scale corporate-wide Vicor Lock Box software development and implementation project. Responsibilities included collaborating with test team to create test data and to test software in multiple test environments. Partnered with internal and vendor IT staff to effectively identify, communicate and resolve software defects.
- Created test data and executed test cases by operating Lock Box processes using a variety of hardware including PCs, document Toasters and high volume / high-speed scanners.
- Authored test cases
- Used HP Quality Center to create, track and manage test cases
- Used Rational Clear Quest to create, track and manage software defects and change requests.
- Collaborated with project sponsors, Subject Matter Experts and project teams via workshops and facilitated sessions to document the Requirements Specifications for developing system functionality of multiple web portal environments. Performed the roles of Business Analyst and Requirements Manager in the SDLC process using Waterfall and Agile / SCRUM methodologies. Successfully implemented solutions include web-based financial trading, reporting, and content management systems. Played a key role in re-engineering scottrade.com, pre-login via the deployment of a Web Content Management system.
- Authored Requirements Specifications documents
- Authored Use Cases
- Used MS Project to create Requirements Plan Work Breakdown Structures WBS
- Used Visio to create web page wireframes, workflow and UML diagrams
- Conducted stakeholder and impact analyses using Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, Informed RACI charts
- Authored test plans and test cases
- Teamed with a variety of IT and operational staff to management release of remote back up data centers resulting with the capability of the firm to operate two data centers simultaneously.
- Programmed in HTML to develop an internal IT Wiki for the purposes of tracking web content requirements and user guides
- Collaborated with training and communications staff to develop and execute related plans
Business Analyst Contract Position
- Responsible for collaborating with the executive, technical and creative marketing staff to develop automated web portal programs enabling Financial Advisors to order marketing collateral. Successfully implemented programs included: user functionality for Single Sign On and Delegation along with marketing collateral programs for Calendars, Seminars, and IRA Rollover Opportunity resulting in a 300 percent increase in campaign participation. Operated in a Waterfall development environment performing the roles of Sr. Business Analyst and Project Manager.
- Acted as lead Business Analyst to document business, creative and technical requirements.
- Project managed the SDLC process from vision to technical review and requirements handoff to development staff.
- Authored Use Cases and Technical Specifications
- Wrote test plans and test cases
- Executed test cases for User Acceptance Testing UAT
Business Analyst Temporary Position
- Responsibilities included data mining and analysis to identify, track and communicate breakdowns and deficiencies in Software Development Lifecycle SDLC deliverables and processes.
- Demonstrated expertise in facilitating and collaborating in analytical sessions to identify causes of breakdowns in processes, communications and technical considerations in platform delivery.
- Researched and analyzed project deliverables, technical specifications and communications
- Queried Ringtail database and coded results.
- Responsibilities included maximizing organizational effectiveness and efficiency, also promoted and integrated change within the organization. Served as a catalyst for ongoing process improvement targeted at improving quality, reducing cycle time ad increasing throughput. Adopted a process centric approach to play a lead role in re-engineering IT Service Management ITSM processes.
- Project managed process and system development teams from vision to implementation. Created work breakdown structures
- Led Project to design future state request and fulfillment processes for Free Open Source FOSS technology including the development of its Service Knowledge Base and Definitive Media Library.
- Defined Requirements and administered multiple SharePoint Intranet sites for the purpose of automating workflow.
- Conducted and documented gap analyses between current and future state ITSM Service Transition and Service Operation processes. Recommended and implemented desired state process changes.
- Created macro and micro process model designs in Mega Modeling Solution and Visio to develop automated workflow processes in Appian Enterprise Business Process Modeling Solution and SharePoint.
- Teamed with IT staff on multiple software release projects for BPM and Enterprise modeling solutions.
Project Manager Contract Position
Perform internal audits of Software Development Life Cycle SDLC process and project deliverables for high and low complexity work. Project managed effort to identified and documented gaps in SDLC process and project deliverables. Mitigated risks of non-compliance of corporate SDLC process for project management, development, testing change and release management.
Several years of successful experience in the telecommunications and healthcare industries in a variety of responsible positions including Information Technology, Engineering, Operations and Sales. Major accomplishments included developing and implementing operational measures from the job to the executive level.