- Over 8 years of Business Analyst experience with solid understanding of Business requirement gathering, documentation, Business process flow and Business process modeling.
- Excellent knowledge of industry standard methodologies like Software Development Life Cycle SDLC , Iterative Software Development Life Cycle Process as per Rational Unified Process RUP , CMM Capability Maturity Models and Rational Tools used during various phases of RUP.
- Strong knowledge of RUP, Traceability matrix, Rational Suite including Rational Rose and Requisite Pro.
- Experienced in conducting Joint Application Development sessions with end-users, Business analysts, software developers and quality assurance teams for project meetings.
- Knowledge on how to investigate business problems and requirements and how to identify and recommend appropriate creative solutions
- Well versed in documentation of Product Definition Document PDD , Business Requirements Documentation and System Requirement Specification SRS .
- Excellent Analytical skills in understanding the business process and translating business requirements into system functionality requirements in technical terms. Experience working with Business Continuity Analysis.
- Extensive experience with Process Modeling using UML, Flow Charts, Task diagrams, Sequence diagrams, Activity diagrams and Use Cases.
- Expert in conducting GAP analysis, User Acceptance testing UAT , SWOT analysis, Cost benefit analysis, and ROI analysis.
- Experience working with both business users as well as Project Managers.
- Strong knowledge of System Development Life Cycle SDLC methodology and project life cycle - Agile, Iterative and Waterfall.
- Wide experience with functional analysis and development including requirement analysis and functional design.
- Strong knowledge of SAP SCM Modules - Demand Planning, Supply Network Planning, GATP, Supply Network Collaboration and including Master and Transactional data.
Business Process Documentation skills:
Project Implementation skills include AS-IS and TO-BE documentation, Process Mapping, requirement definition, Cut-over plan preparation, process design and preparation of CI templates. Conducted several workshops to understand standard business processes and accordingly prepared Business Process Master List BPML , Business Process Procedures BPP . Reviewed Business Requirement Documents BRD and worked on Business Blueprinting using ARIS and MS Visio.
- Software Modeling Tools: Microsoft Office Suite, Smart Draw Suite, Rational Rose,
- MS Visio, FrontPage, UML, MS Project, Requisite-Pro, Rational Clear Case, MS Excel
- OOA/D Methodologies: Rational Unified Process RUP , Software Development
- Life Cycle SDLC , Waterfall, Agile SCRUM
- Databases: Oracle9i, MS SQL Server, IBM Mainframes, MS Access, DB2. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Position: Sr. Business Analyst
- Responsible for translating BRDs into use-cases, and context diagrams and used UML to visually model the system.
- Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements, analyzed the requirements using Rational Rose requisite pro - RUP
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, OOD Object oriented Design using UML and Visio.
- Attended and Facilitated JAD Sessions, Personal interviews with the Stake holders, SME's and Quality analysts.
- Created Functional Specifications Document as a part of the Inception Phase.
- Gathered requirements/needs from business users regarding the deployment options and translated them into functional requirements as required for the SAP team.
- Conducted workflow, process diagram and GAP analysis to derive requirements for existing systems enhancements
- Created and Maintained Supporting documents technical, business, project level and sops to meet SDLC standards.
- Developed timelines and resource estimation for project delivery
- Used Data mapping for collecting the data.
- Gathered requirements to confirm the functional and data validation for the various Service Center modules.
- Used Data modeling to understand various elements of data that could be stored, the size of these elements and the kind of information each element can contain.
- Assisted with user testing of systems, developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensuring that appropriate documentation is in place.
- Developed the test plan, test conditions and test cases to be used in testing based on business requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge.
- Assisted in the development of training materials for new technology and process improvements and conducted end-user training sessions 100 total users for exercising full use of application.
- Acted as a SME for the application team and the Infrastructure team.
- Analyzed and documented the time required to recover the application RTO and RPO .
- Used Microsoft SharePoint as the version tracking tool for managing the requirements documentation.
- Was completely aligned to the Project plan and delivered the documents on a timely basis.
Environment: Rational, RUP, UML, SQL, MS-Office, MS Project, MS Visio, SAP SCM/SNP
Position: Sr. Business Analyst
- Worked closely with business users across the globe and supporting the APO SNP and GATP system and also Customizations.
- Worked closely with various stakeholders located at different places.
- Involved in every phase of project gathering requirements, Prototyping, Development, Testing, UAT, Go Live and Post Production Support.
- Interacted with other team's thorough walkthroughs, teleconferences, meetings etc. to resolve various issues.
- Evaluated business requirements for enterprise business application integration while delivering New / Modified enhancements.
- Involved in the meetings with business process owners, SME subject matter experts , and SAP team for requirements gathering in definition stage.
- Wrote Use Cases and produce Activity diagrams
- Monitored progress against business functionality, requested objectives to ensure that projects meet the specific release criteria.
- Developed requirement reports for day-to-day needs and also performed a Risk Analysis taking into consideration various constraints involved like Transport delays etc.,
- Worked on mapping the User to the nearest Plants, DC's available and provided the SAP team so they could Setup the T Lanes.
- Worked on collecting various details about the different Products and locations and provided the same to SAP team to look for Product/Location Substitution.
- Worked with SD/MM team to understand what exactly the User needs and what materials do the company need to procure and where it should procure them from.
- Highlighted any potential risks to the environment.
- Worked directly with the software engineers to ensure clear communications on requirements and defect reports.
- Wrote test plans and test cases based on the business requirements which involved Outbound/Inbound Queues in SNP and GATP in real time scenario.
- Validated the scripts to make sure they have been executed correctly and meets the scenario description.
Environment: SAP ERP, SCM APO GATP Software, User acceptance testing UAT , Rational clear case, Clear quest, Use cases, UML, MS Office, Requisite Pro
Position: Sr. Business Analyst
- Participated in business requirements meetings with the business sponsors, end-users and business analysts to gather end-user requirements for the above feature
- Responsible for setting up meetings between T-Mobile and clients to discuss about XML schema negotiation and in coordinating XML integration issues between Visa and T-Mobile
- Prepared Time and Cost estimates for the above feature to be implemented
- Organized system requirements meetings with the developers and system testers to analyze, define and document low-level Systems Requirements Specifications as part of the Systems Requirements Document SRD
- Documented detailed functional requirements and use cases using Microsoft products
- Created use case diagrams, activity and process/application work flow diagrams using Rational Rose to demonstrate the functional requirements
- Utilized a variety of reporting tools such as SQL for querying underlying database tables and resolve data issues
- Performed User Acceptance Testing
- Developed and maintained quality procedures and ensured that appropriate documentation was in place.
- Responsible for conducting weekly meetings with stakeholders and production group in order to meet milestones and highlight areas of concern.
Environment: VB.Net/C , ASP.Net, MS Visual Studio, MS Office, Rational Rose Enterprise, SQL server 2005
Position: Sr. Business Analyst
- Gathered business and technical requirements for the project
- Analyzed the requirements and created the requirements document.
- Conducted Requirement Gap analysis by comparing the current and future system functionalities and understanding the rules and rates for the particular state in consideration
- Responsible for development of interfaces from/to multiple Legacy systems
- Interaction with Subject Matter Experts by conducting JAD Sessions to get clarifications on the product
- Created functional specifications from the Business Requirements Document
- Designed the mappings to load the conversions data from source to target ERP
- Co-ordinate between the various project teams Data Acquisition, Reference Data, ERP team and Reporting teams for a smooth data flow process
- Involved in transmitting the code across different environments like development, testing and production
- Provided clear and concise documentation regarding requirements management plans, functional requirements, supplemental requirements, test plans and test cases
- Created and Executed User Acceptance Test scripts Test plans
- Involved in providing the support for the Application
Environment: Informatica Power Center 7.1.2, Oracle 9i, Teradata, MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, UAT, UML2.0, SDLC, Requisite Pro
Position: Sr. Business Analyst
- Worked on the up-gradation of their database that has all the record of all the patients and customers. Including merging of several different data marts and building a new database so that managers can see all the information at one place.
- Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements, and analyzed the requirements using Rational Rose Requisite Pro RUP.
- Implemented the full System development life cycle SDLC including requirements gathering, documentation, development and quality assurance.
- Conducted workflow, JAD, Process diagram and GAP Analysis to derive requirements for existing system enhancement.
- Responsible for identifying and documenting business rules and creating detailed Use Case.
- Helped with organization of the whole project using Project Management
- Developed timelines for project delivery and managed projects and resources to successful completion.
- Developed the test plan, test conditions and test cases to be used in testing based on business requirements, technical specification and product knowledge.
Environment: MS VISIO, RUP, .NET, Oracle, SQL server, MS Access, Power Point, MS Excel, Rational Rose
Position: Business Analyst
- Interacted with Users and Stakeholders to identify business system needs, evaluated solutions for business problems
- Worked with SME's of different groups to gain detailed knowledge of Investments and Capital Market and also to understand the cross impacts of the system
- Analyzed and documented information system requirements and the corresponding impact on business processes.
- Studied the Business Requirement Document BRD , supporting documents containing essential business elements, detailed definition and description of the relationship between the actors
- Analyzed Business Requirements documents to get a better understanding of the system on both Technical and Business perspectives.
- Designed and developed Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Data Flow Diagrams to define the Business Process
- Analyzed the data entity relationships and worked on multiple short term projects in between.
- Worked as a team with other business analysts to make an object oriented model of the application and created use cases
- Conducted JAD sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate with each other, resolve problems at early stage
- Worked on the Functional Requirements Document FRD and was responsible for giving privileges and access to the users according to their roles and designations
Environment: MySQL, Rational Rose, SDLC, UAT, UML, MS Office, MS projects, MS Visio