Business Analyst, Product Manager, and Project Manager with over 15 years experience delivering solutions within a SDLC framework for Financial Services and Technology sectors. Consistently develops deep understanding of the industry, products/services, and client needs over time, establishing self as a company asset. Experienced with managing resources and business processes.
Product Development, Project Management
Oracle, SQL, Query, Reporting, ETL
Feed, flat file, delimited, web services
Management, Presentation, Demonstration
Requirements, Specifications, BRD
UML, Swimlanes, Wireframes, feasibility
Waterfall, Scrum, Agile, SDLC, JAD, lifecycle
Offshore, Reporting, Use cases
Web application, UI, Web-based
Impact analysis, gap analysis
Credit Default Swap, Yield curve, LGD, PD
Fixed Income, Financial Services
Quantitative, Evaluation, Pricing
Status Reporting, Written verbal skills
Structured Finance, MBS, ABS, CDO
Product Manager of a commercial off-the-shelf COTS unique person identifier system for Statewide Longitudinal Data Systems. Product clients were executives and program managers for U.S. states' education agencies. Client engagement and product sales were conducted via a RFP and response process.
Associate Product Manager
- Managed iterative product releases through enhancement requests and in alignment with product and market direction.
- Managed Development and QA resources for product growth and for addressing client incidents.
- Conducted industry venue product presentations.
Lead BA for S P's premier real-time, web-based source for fixed income global credit ratings, research, and risk analysis: RatingsDirect Lead BA on bond evaluations project, building systems to deliver quantitative model outputs, yield curves, and default probability term structures.
Sr. Business/Data Analyst
- Lead enhancement efforts for several global high-profile, high-revenue products including 175M web application, 80M data feed product and enterprise reporting systems.
- Regularly lead multi-departmental meetings for requirements gathering, project scoping, steering, status updates, SCRUMs, proof of concepts, technical reviews, planning, etc.
- Reliably delivered clear and detailed work products like project feasibility, prototypes, business requirements, process/activity flows, use cases, user stories, data ingestion documents, and functional technical specifications.
- Extensive experience with requirement gathering using conceptual prototyping methods like iterative wireframes, mock-ups and collaborative white-boarding.
- Consistently maintained communications throughout lifecycle with all teams involving them in decisions and alerting them of scope and/or timeline impacts.
- Experienced with deep-dive data analysis of various data assets/structures and routinely perform database queries and reports e.g. gap, coverage, mapping, relational diagrams, etc .
- Provided QA team with detailed information to allow for testing. Aided in defect identification and resolution as product SME.
- Facilitated group discussions for identification and resolution of impasses. Employed diplomacy practices and skills to overcome conflicts which hindered product development.
- Managed team of employees and consultants 7 personnel . Mentored and guided junior business analysts.
- Continually managed multiple projects and processes concurrently recognized and acted upon priority situations.
- Conducted full SDLC releases under both waterfall and agile project methodologies.
Managed requirements gathering and new development for SQL/ASP web application which provided real-time selling reports, financial workflows, and sales projections for the Jones Group's companies.
- Captured business requirements through various JAD sessions and informal sit-downs with stakeholders and SMEs.
- Wrote Function Specification and Systems Architecture documents for development teams.
- Created artifact documentation Coding Standards, Style Guides, Technical Specifications, SRS, Process Flows, etc , where minimal documentation existed before.
- Translated business requirements into function specifications, then back into high-level business accomplishments for marketing team and executive staff.
- Drove parallel product development throughout full module life cycle of each project.
- Liaised between onsite and offshore teams, driving offshore development efforts.
- Established collaborative knowledge management team sites for onsite offshore developers.
- Enforced common development environments and implemented project metrics.
- Held regular status updates and Architectural Reviews with VP of Application Development.
- Presented new software to external customers and trained product sponsors in the use of new modules.
- Hired to accelerate development and delivery of a multi-million dollar Intellectual Capital / Knowledge Management web solution with a user base of over 100,000 IBM employees.
- Researched possible integration of emerging technologies with existing application.
- Identified, recommended, and implemented information design solutions for web access.
- Collaborated with multi-media developers to produce professional client learning solutions.
- Managed outsourced media providers, saving 16 from previous year.
- Maintained development team's timelines and synchronized effort with overall project plan.
- Worked with SMEs, Developers, and Managers to ensure quality and accuracy of content.
Sr. Technical Writer / Business Analyst
- Proposed and presented my services/skills and created a position on an existing high-profile project which had an overwhelming need for process and procedural documentation.
- Researched and authored Requirements, Design, Architectural, and Update Release documents necessary for compliance with new IBM standards of Application Development.
- Generated documents under high pressure and limited time/resources allowing for continuation of project funding and development.
- Wrote Troubleshooting, Help, and FAQ content based on knowledge of product and interviews with subject matter experts.
- Analyzed historic e-mails then designed a Notes/Web solution, reducing a five day process to a 24 hour turnaround.