Business Systems Analyst
Microsoft SQL including SSIS, stored procedures, functions
Microsoft Office Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint
CONNX an ODBC tool.
- Programmer Analyst maintained and enhanced a mission critical ERP application.
- Oversaw and implemented all aspects of development and support for the ERP system.
- Met with customers to determine needs and requirements.
- Addressed conflict resolution to fit customer needs within existing data structures.
- Determined development plans and technical requirements to address implementation strategies.
- Prepared documentation of upgrades and extensions to existing systems.
- Projects managed and completed during my tenure include:
- Developed Purchase Order extension to the existing system.
- Added EDI extensions to the ERP system.
- Built an Excel format output via Cognos Quiz.
- Built interfacing options to external entities ie Created methods to send credit reports to credit reporting agencies via FTP .
- Added reporting options. Where the system originally produced high volumes of hard copy reports to high speed printers , I created network reporting methods. Now over 85 of reports are handled electronically, reducing paper consumption.
- Assisted in upgrading and transforming the ERP system to SAP.
- Maintained the OpenVMS system, including backups, software updates.
- Used Cognos Powerhouse Quiz, Qdesign, QTP , a 4th generation programming tool including Database design, Screens, Reports and Transaction processing functions.
- Supported customer requests as they relate to the ERP.
- Ad Hoc reports
- Worked primarily in a support role to maintain an in-house Municipal Accounting Software System including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Payroll, and Utility Billing systems
- Maintained the OpenVMS operating system, including backups, software updates.
- Supported customer requests as they relate to the Municipal Accounting System.
- Ad Hoc reports