Energetic leader with over twenty years progressively responsible positions within healthcare and information system industries. Recognized as a versatile employee with excellent communication and decision-making skills. Superior abilities in customer service account management, and operations. Expertise in managing capital projects. Highly motivated, confident, goal oriented, and self-starter.
- Microsoft Products: Extensive experience with all desktop applications including project manager, Excel, Visio and Access. Database experience with SQL server and NT 4.0. Oracle8i SQL and PL/SQL. .
- Hospital Information Systems: EpicCare EMR Ambulatory certified , Epic SmartForms ADT, Financial, Orders and Results, Outcomes reporting from McKesson/HBOC v8.0, SMS Invision and Allegre, Meditech, GE Last Word and Centricity and TDS.
- Experienced with HL7, Medicare, Medicaid, OASIS, transaction code sets ICD-9, ICD-10 and HIPAA regulations. ITIL. Action Request Remedy , PeopleSoft Vantive, Tracer and Tracer 2 Process Management Systems.
- Clinical Management: Extensive experience with Sunquest/Misys, PathlabIII, McKesson/HBOC Star v8.0, Clinical Software Solutions, Meditech v5.2, Dynamic Healthcare Technologies, Quest Diagnostics, Summit, Dynamedix, Home Health Gold and CareFacts Billing, Scheduling and Clinical systems. Forward Advantage Communication Director v3.5.
- Established detailed project plans for client server implementation for both individual and multi-
- center facilities. Directed external teams of up to 50 people including project managers and implementation staff, while coordinating and directing internal teams of 12 to 20 people.
- Implemented integrated I/S network with Windows NT structure to link all locations with an integrated practice management system. Managed project variances and implemented revised strategies, as appropriate.
- Implemented strategic plan to shorten implementation cycle from six months to three months.
- Developed and improved documentation both internal and external for implementation of client software.
- Developed and implemented practice management of High Involvement Work Teams , which increased productivity and employee job satisfaction.
- Established project plan for Year 2000 date compliance for site-specific application software - HBOC v8.0. Managed project variances and applied adjusted strategies as required.
- Developed detailed project plan and documentation for implementation of new billing and scheduling software package.
- Founding member of PMI Healthcare SIG and Board or Directors Member.
Business and Product Development
- Implementation of ePrescribing initiative resulting in added revenue of approximately 750k
- Developed Request for Proposal RFP for new 2.5M Laboratory Information System.
- Established and managed departmental budget of 1.5M.
- Maintain SLA standards while decreasing support staff by over 60 through implementation and use of standardized processes.
- Development of documentation for knowledge transfer in support of application software
- Analyzed client's application software HBOC v8.0 ADT, financial and clinical systems for all mission critical dates for Year 2000 compliance with regard to impact on institution/departmental financial well-being, patient care, and staff workflow.
- Created savings of 100K per year through analysis and evaluation of billing rejects with claims management and accounting
Business and Product Development cont
- Developed documentation functional hierarchies, test scenarios, and test cases for Year 2000 compliance testing HBOC v8.0 Patient Processing, financial and clinical systems.
- Developed business and project plan for start-up organization including operational, marketing, financial, supply chain management and e-commerce.
- Development of CRM customization for problem management and escalation procedures.
- Definition of workflow for end user support.
- Regional analysis on problem management tickets for proper triage and handling.
- Developed documentation and training materials for home healthcare and public health agencies.
- Developed documentation, testing plan, and issue resolution protocol for order entry and result return interfaces for LIS with hospital systems and off-site reference laboratories.
- Instructed key team members on development, maintenance and troubleshooting of LIS.
Sales and Marketing
- Developed presentations for sales, staff, customers and corporate relationships.
- Implemented competitor market analysis, which increased sales and distribution by 20 .
- Created strategic plan for marketing information systems to hospitals and physician practices.
- Developed IT consulting sales and marketing materials for physician practice management systems.
- Analysis, design, build, testing, documentation for Epic Ambulatory module including decision support, security, immunizations, and laboratory.
- Analyzed and consolidated individual functional departments into a core competency testing area.
- Improved operational efficiency through facilities management, consolidated instrumentation, cross-training, and education, resulting in 500K annual savings.