Insurance and Annuities
- Track record of success providing effective business solutions in the financial arena
- Organized and highly motivated professional with outstanding marketing and technical skills backed by 18 years of experience with one of the world's largest insurance providers. Offer exceptional communication and project management abilities, combined with a proven talent for forging positive working relationships at any professional level. Demonstrated capacity for rapidly mastering new tools and processes.
Highlights of expertise:
New Product Release
Marketing Program Support
Quality Assurance QA Testing
Training Program Development
Business Systems Analyst Telephony Architecture Program
- Provide client support and consultation while eliciting business requirements as a part of the Telephony Architecture Program at the Hartford.
- Translate Business requirements into understandable Business Specifications.
- Manage scope and solution design to meet Business needs.
- Develop Use Cases and Workflow diagrams to document current state and future state technological expectations.
- Work closely with Enterprise Architecture to ensure best possible requirement solution.
- Identify risks, offer counsel for risk mitigation and aid in creation of mitigation plans.
- Coordinate and schedule training for staff with 3rd party vendor.
Business Systems Analyst
- Business Systems Analyst with IronShore Insurance
- Used the MFX underwriting system to create test cases for UAT testing
- Created high level workflows for underwriting process's
- Created training material for incoming staff.
- Conducted UAT testing on new enhancements coming in
IT Business System Analyst 2010 -2011
- Collaborated within the Cigna Insurance Company, Assigned to the Experience Studies Reinsurance Project in a QA role creating and implementing a resourceful/reusable test environment in SQL using waterfall methodology.
- Support business validation of data for production data conversion and cutover.
- Business requirement refinement and documentation use cases, UI designs, supporting visual exhibits for online and batch processes.
- Work with project lead to support system and user acceptance development and result validation
- Created test data sets to support effective regression testing of key business functions.
- Mentor staff members on administration and documentation of system support.
- Created reporting for business partner validation and sign-off.
Business System Analyst
- Work with business clients to interpret business needs and objectives by defining system requirements and specifications.
- Mentor staff members on administration and documentation of system support.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts, internal and external customers, and a separate development organization in developing, documenting and representing customer requirements
- Develop and lead the administration of business and technical support projects for the Test Director / Quality Center, Business Engine Network BEN , Serena Tracker and Version Manager products for Individual Annuity, Group Benefits and Mutual Fund divisions and Information Technology Governance ITG grouping of the company's Lotus Notes OOO tool suite.
- Lead IPT and IPS department initiatives within the IPT and IPS departments by gathering and documenting requirements.
- Develop tool user guides and procedures, deliver training to new administrators, and provide technical assistance on 3rd party software issues to internal customers.
- Implementation The Hartford's Remedy Support system to track reported incidents of application failures for the Individual Life, Group Benefits and Mutual Funds divisions.
- Perform security user and application audits for Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Orchestrated the ITG pilot program as Lead Consultant.
- Crafted and presented the new OOO workflow to department administrators and senior management.
- Capitalized on broad application knowledge base and talent for rapidly mastering new technologies to provide expert lead or backup administration of all department tools, including the Mercury-based Test Director 7.6 and a Lotus Notes attendance tracking system serving 1,600 users.
Business Analyst/QA Designer
- Spearheaded testing of technical products and solutions to ensure seamless integrations with established systems.
- Consults with the business community in the use of The Hartford's quality assurance programs. Assist with collection of metrics for use in QA improvement proposals and Business Cases.
- Worked closely with business partners to define and gather business requirements, create use cases, prepare testing documentation, and conduct regression testing via Test Director and Win Runner.
- Created use cases for fixed vs. variable products and disbursements.
- Test Planning, Develops and maintains test strategy, the quality process in the test project plan, test plans, test environment, test cases, and test script Works effectively in all phases of the System development lifecycle. Closely coordinates with Test Manager for all testing phases.
- Stays current with the development of testing documentation. Assists with the creation of testing documents related to quality assurance programs at the department. Contributor to business test strategy.
- Coordinated business partner meetings with project teams and customers to communicate fund bundle product release contents, schedules and testing needs.
- Used the Prime application for testing Broker adds/deletions along with commission payments.
- Used the VISTA system to test ACH and DCA Processing.
- Provided staff training on business rules and processing guidelines.
- Strengthened company market standing and public image while serving as department representative throughout all new marketing initiatives.
- Played key leadership roles in the development and coordination of high-priority project and programs, including the business critical Product Redesign Project and the company's Safe Haven program for the Individual Life Division.
- Managed a variety of projects for the Individual Annuity Division's Contract Management department.
- Gathering business requirements creating functional specifications and identifying, documenting, and resolving design issues.
- Used the Business Object's tool to create reporting on production stats for the Individual Life division.
- Used Visio tool to create workflows for Individual Life Divisions Liquidation's Unit year 2000 project.
- Leveraged solid testing skills and deep understanding of division systems and processes to accurately determine business impact arising from system enhancements and new product releases.
- Collaborated with Hartford's Special Investigation Unit to provide technical expertise during crucial financial investigations.
- Helped drive a 3.2M in savings for FY 2000 by creating and administering the successful CRC Holding Account program.
- Effectively promoted department goals as representative on the division's variable annuity quarterly statement and shareholder reporting committees
Service Specialist I, II, III
- Advanced through several positions of increasing responsibility while consistently delivering outstanding technical and business service support for internal and external customers via phone and email/hard copy correspondence.
- Oversaw institution of new business procedures, conducted system QA testing, and provided new hire training for new personnel.
- Served as department's representative during the Investment Adjustment IA process.
- Adeptly analyzed and verified liquidation requests, helping to maintain a consistent workflow in the liquidations unit.
- Set up Annuities for ACH and DCA Processing
- Participated in QA testing of Microsoft Vista and Quest Releases 1, 2 and 2.3, including VAS migration for Quest Release 2.
- Developed new procedures covering divisional splits of annuities due to divorce, and for strengthening the Day Two federal wire process efforts recognized by receipt of the 1997 Special Achievement Award.