Summary of Qualifications:
- Analytical, talented, focused, self-starter and accomplished Business Analyst with over Seven 7 years of strong experience in Retail Banking, Insurance domain.
- Skilled in all phases of software development life cycle SDLC including requirements gathering, change control and management, analysis and design, development and testing
- Experience in Understanding User requirement specifications and converting them into system requirements, preparing Requirement Analysis, Functional Specifications design documents and Software Requirements Specifications
- Emphasis on requirements gathering through research, interviews, formal- informal joint application development JAD sessions, workshops and survey method with end users, SMEs, stakeholders, developers and software vendors
- Highly skilled in preparing use cases, sequence diagrams, collaboration diagrams, activity diagrams, class diagrams, entity relationship diagrams using UML, create RFP, BRD, SRS, Scope and other related documents.
- Skilled in gap analysis, process/system optimization and integration analysis, data analysis, Feasibility Analysis, Risk Analysis, Business Process Flow, Workflow Processes, Documentation.
- Good experience with Information and Content Management that includes planning, controlling and reporting of information activities in order to meet client objectives large scale program communications and to enable the delivery of information.
- Extensive experience in system/business requirements documentation, preparing software requirements and specifications, developing detailed technical and user manuals
- Experienced in preparing detailed project plans, identifying key milestones/tasks, managing the progress and leading the project to large scale program stakeholders successful completion
- Experienced in creating test strategies for Unit tests, Integrated tests, System tests and Acceptance tests
- Experienced and exposed to methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Rational Unified Process, Prototype Modeling and Rapid Application Development
- Good experience in Enterprise analysis and solutions working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Experienced in internet based and intranet based applications.
- Experienced with underwriting desktop. Knowledge of Data Management and extraction of data from databases.
- Experience with User Interface, UX design and Screen design.
- Domain experience in e-services, finance operations, insurance, claims, provider relations, customer service, product lifecycle management systems, web-developing business processes, quality assurance procedures
- Experience in creating test plans, test cases, defect tracking, writing Bug report for system testing.
- Experience in System testing, Black Box testing. Experience writing SQL Queries for Data Validation and Data Integration.
- Experienced in using MS office applications for day to day activity, MS Visio for drawing flow diagrams and MS Project for prioritizing and managing individual tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work both in independent and team-oriented environments with well-developed organizational skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Operating Systems: Win 95/98/NT/2000/XP
- Business Modeling Tools: Microsoft Visio, UML, Rational Rose, cognos
- Project Management: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Testing Tools: Quality Center, QTP , Rational Clear Quest, WinRunner , Loadrunner
- Version Control Systems: Rational Clear Case, PVCS
- Databases: MS Access, SQL Server 7.x/2000, 2005,Oracle 8/8i, 10g
- Requirement Management Tools: Rational Requisite Pro
- Reporting Tools: Rational SODA, Crystal Reports
- Business Intelligence BI Tools: COGNOS
- Programming Language: SQL, PL/SQL, Visual Basic, Java, J2EE dBase
Role: Business Analyst OCM
- Working actively as a Business Analyst for an OCM where they are transiting from Remedy 8.0 to Remedy 8.1.
- Managing the effect of new change in organizational structure
- Actively communicating with the SME's for creating and implementing change management plans
- Creating structured change implementation strategies via project plans and WBS using excel and MS project.
- Creating educational and training videos for the new software and also creating strategies for educating employees about how their day-to-day work will change.
- Performed analysis of large scale program stakeholders, business case for change, and employees impacted by the changes.
- Developing training materials to help ensure users have the knowledge and ability necessary to successfully adopt the implemented changes deliver training as needed
- Documenting the requirements from SME's and based on the process and roles, preparing training material like user manual, FAQ, hand outs, job aide.
- Analyzing the requirement and creating Use Cases, Activity Diagram, GUI using MS Visio
- Testing the training material created in order to ensure that the end user can adapt to the new changes easily.
Environment: Agile Scrum, Visual Studio 2010, RALLY, SQL, MS Visio 2008, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Power Point, SDLC, STLC, XML
Role: Business Analyst/Systems Analyst
- Gathered high-level requirement for all the external projects in a release.
- Also worked in under writing desktop to write acceptance criteria for the requirements.
- Involved in Risk Assessment for each project.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with SMEs and business analysts from other feeder systems for a detailed analysis and a better understanding of impact of various projects on each other.
- Negotiated with teams from projects to decide if modules should be implemented independently or parallel.
- Extracted data from Oracle database with MS Access, and performed SQL query, data analysis and verification.
- Involved in requirement gathering and database design. Configured the Data mapping between Oracle and SQL Server 2005.
- Review requirements and understand technical recommendations and constraints, and develop comprehensive and accurate functional specifications Data Mapping, and process flows.
- Provided data modeling support for numerous strategic application development projects.
- Updated the impacted MS Access tables. Worked extensively with MS Excel and MS access. Analysis of business requirements and system requirements of the client and also for Property and casualty modules.
- Managed efforts associated with the on-going development of reporting environment to include requirement, data modeling star, Snowflake , ETL and end user reporting.
- Involved in Data Modeling of both Logical Design and Physical design of data warehouse and data marts in Star Schema and Snow Flake Schema methodology.
- Maintained on-going technical assistance and provided help desk support to customer's mainframe systems software that included problem determination and resolution.
- Authored various Use Cases and Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams using Rational Requisite Pro and used UML methodology to define the Data Flow Diagrams DFD .
- Used SDLC System Development Life Cycle methodologies like the RUP and the waterfall.
- Use Cases and other Process Flow Models were designed using Visio and Rational Rose.
- Created and managed project templates, Use Case project templates, requirement types and traceability relationships in RTC RRC.
- Involved in Managing Data modeling project from Logical design and implementation of Sybase Database.
- Facilitated the User Acceptance Testing UAT and Business Users, documented any issues or defects and eventually got sign off from the right parties.
- Involved in generating Test cases for property and casualty Insurances for Different Levels of Business
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, OOD using UML
- Responsible for gathering requirements from users in operations group and performing data mapping for the application, confirm and vacillating the requirement at time of BA testing.
- Facilitated and led JAD sessions aimed at functional requirement walkthroughs for all the impacting projects and updated the documents based on recommendations if any .
- Created UAT plans with several test cases for each project to ensure that the system runs smoothly after the proposed enhancements or changes have been made.
- Assisted the QA team in designing the Test Plan and Test Cases for User Acceptance testing.
Environment: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Visio, UNIX, Documentum, Windows NT/XP, Oracle, SQL, SQL Server, Sybase, VBScript, C , MS Project, SQL, PL/SQL, Business Objects, java J2EE
Role: Business Analyst
- Responsible for capturing and managing business requirements for the release along with business process, and developing the functional requirements specifications document.
- Arranging and attending meetings with Business Owners, Project Sponsor and other Stakeholders.
- Responsible for defining scope, creating work breakdown structure WBS .
- Analyzed business requirement document and created use cases, use case diagrams, and activity diagrams using Visio.
- Proposed new business processes to automate regulatory reporting.
- Holding Joint Application Requirement JAR sessions with stakeholders.
- Organized regular meetings with Off-shore development team, Capture Meetings / documentation sharing of MOM Minutes of Meeting with the team.
- Worked on SharePoint2007 for managing artifacts, version changes, and Capture Meeting minutes, Flowcharts, Activity Diagrams and Use Case Diagrams.
- Prepared workflow use-case diagrams and analyzed AS IS and TO BE scenarios, designed new process flows and documented the business process and various business scenarios.
- Assisted QA team in assembling, evaluating, and reviewing testing strategies and test plans
- Creating system Test Plan, Test Cases in HP/Mercury Quality Center.
- Conducting Defect Validation using HP/Mercury Quality Center to screen the defects raised by the QA teams.
- Helping developers/testers understanding the business requirements
- Assisting Project Manager in developing Project schedule/scope and creating various status reports and keeping him apprised of status of activities.
- Carrying out the Impact analysis of change requests on budget and schedule, updating the BRD to document the suggested changes and getting them incorporated in prototype
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather business requirements related to ongoing development using Agile Estimating and Applied User Stories
- Involved with developing of Project Status Matrix for weekly evaluation of project status
Environment: MS Project, Microsoft Visio, MS Word, HP/Mercury Quality Center, Windows 7, Agile, Rational Requisite Pro, SharePoint, Scrum
Role: Business Analyst/QA Tester
- Identified high-level requirements for developing and documenting detailed business requirements
- Involved in meetings with SME subject matter experts and users for requirements gathering.
- Utilized RUP Rational Unified Process to create use cases, activity, class diagrams and workflow process diagrams.
- Analysis of the various credit enhancements used by the companies and their inclusion in valuation of the company
- Using Cost of Equity, Cost of Debt and their proportions for calculation of cost of Capital for the company
- Worked closely with software engineers, internal and external customers to gather comprehensive testing criteria and plan requirements to ensure accuracy and timeliness of projects.
- Performed informal benchmarking to analyze how competitors conducted business.
- Performed Gap Analysis.
- Performed Smoke testing before starting the major testing effort.
- Involved in Functionality and Regression testing during the various phases of the development.
- Conducted the final user-acceptance testing and usability testing.
- Assessed potential risks in the project and analyzed issues of importance with project managers.
- Analyzed team performance with the QA manager and implemented the changes if any with respect to raising the efficiency of the entire team.
- Participated in data analysis for verification purposes.
Environment: Rational team test 2000, Rational clear quest, Rational test Manager Sun OS 5.8, Oracle9i, PL SQL, IIS 6.0
Role: Business Analyst
- Developed the Project using the Iterative RUP model. The Project was streamlined through all phases of the RUP model starting from Inception through Transition. Used a Functional Decomposition strategy to divide system into sub-systems.
- Extensively used Rational Requisite pro for documenting functional requirements
- Defined the data sources, data loads and data transformation using ER Diagrams and Used Rational Rose for model diagrams, MS-Word for documentation and used Unified Modeling Language for visual modeling.
- Provided software development and support for payroll, HR, general ledger, purchasing and accounts payable, including maintenance and enhancements to batch and online programs.
- Translated high level business requirements use case scenarios, dataflow models, and requirements specifications using Rational Rose modeling tool.
- Created traceability relationship between requirements in the same module and also between different modules.
- Conducted presentations of the QA test results with analysis to the stakeholders and users and documented modifications and requirements.
- Worked extensively with MS Excel and MS access.
- Created Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and ER Diagrams in MS Project. Involved in project management using MS Project.
Environment: Oracle, Rose, MS Project, MS Word, MS Access, MS Excel, MS Visio, UA