- 8 years of IT Experience in comprehensive Business Analysis, Data Modeling and widespread industry domain knowledge in Property and Casualty, Finance, Healthcare and Retail e - Commerce.
- Worked in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Production and Deployment.
- Extensive experience in Waterfall and Agile (Scrum) methodologies, enterprise environments, architectural and solution design, implementation, and complex customizations.
- Expertise in conducting in-depth Root-Cause Analysis, GAP Analysis, SWOT Analysis.
- Detailing User Stories from Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog and clear understanding of Burndown Charts.
- Highly efficient in Requirement Gathering, Modelling, System Designing, Testing, Validation, Workflows, and Data Management.
- Lead planning meetings, Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions eliciting requirements from stakeholders through focus groups and interviews for developing BRD, FRD and FSD
- Prepared graphical depictions of project processes using Sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, Use Case diagrams, Wireframes, Mock-ups, including the business workflow using MS Visio, Balsamiq.
- Liaison to several cross-functional teams and in-depth understanding of the AS-IS and TO-BE business processes and experience in converting these requirements into technical specifications for preparing test plans.
- Efficient in reformulating strategies through Process Re-engineering, Change Management, Release Management, Process Improvements and UAT Testing.
- Assisted in conducting Cost Benefit analysis and ROI analysis.
- Implemented Data Modelling techniques including Data Visualization, Data Warehousing and Data Mapping.
- Traced requirements throughout the development process and verifying adherence using the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Knowledge in generating Reports, Analytic Snapshots and Dashboards, Enabling Email Services and also constructing Page Layouts.
- Good understanding about the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) standard used in various business processes.
- Experience with HIPAA compliance, and Involved in up-gradation of HIPAA 4010 transaction to HIPAA 5010 in health care with strong understanding of Medicaid and Medicare rules and claim adjudication.
- Strong Knowledge and understanding of ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM coding and claims processing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, effective writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to meet objectives. Possess ability to motivate a team towards successful completion of project milestones.
Domains Expertise: P&C, Finance, Healthcare, Retail e-Commerce
Requirement Management: HP ALM, Blueprints, ERP
Document Creation/Management: MS Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Project, OneNote, Publisher, Adobe Acrobat, Lotus Notes
Content Management: MS - SharePoint
Database Management: Oracle, MS SQL MS - Access, MySQL, Informatica, Tableau
Business Modelling: MS-Visio, Balsamiq, Enterprise Architect, Modelio
Business Intelligence: Cognos, Business objects, Crystal Reports
Software Testing: JIRA, Rally, Bugzilla, HP Quality Centre
CRM: Salesforce (ADM 201 certified)
Languages: HTML, CSS, C, Python
Operating Systems: Windows, MAC OS, Unix, Linux
Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall
Confidential, Bridgewater, NJ
Sr. Business Analyst
- Worked on a fast paced Agile Methodology.
- Functioned as a bridge between functional business and IT.
- Gathered requirements from Product Owner and SMEs, through interviews, surveys, prototyping and worked with teams to identify the gaps and defects.
- Conducted GAP Analysis by creating process flows highlighting the differences between the Current (As-Is) environment versus the Target(To-Be) environment.
- Conducted SWOT Analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis and ROI Analysis.
- Created Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog and managed User Stories.
- Participated in Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums, Sprint Reviews and Retrospective.
- Facilitated “Three Amigos” work sessions between Developers, Product Owners and Business Analysts.
- Created and updating Issues (Epics, Stories and Tasks) onto JIRA application.
- Created Flow Diagrams for UI Wireframes using Balsamiq.
- Guided the development teams to breakdown large and complex user stories into simplified versions for execution.
- Authored progress and completion reports which were then submitted to project management on weekly basis.
- Joined requirement grooming sessions during the sprints.
- Test the user stories for accuracy to ensure undisputed acceptance and validation stories.
- Assisted QA team to prepare Test Scripts and Test Cases and assisted with UAT.
- Created the Traceability Matrix to map the functional requirements with Test Scripts.
- Trained Uses by documenting and giving presentations regarding the changes and new functionalities.
Environment: s: MS Office - Word, Visio and Excel, ETL, Agile Methodology, Balsamiq, JIRA, SharePoint 2010
Confidential, New York, NY
- Interacted extensively with SME’s to understand corporate actions, extracting requirements from discussions to refine and document them into Business requirements.
- Created FRD, UML, Use Cases and different Use Case Diagrams related to Software Requirement Document using Enterprise Architecture and MS Visio.
- Conducted Gap Analysis and gathered user requirements by Interviews, User Meetings.
- Documented JAD minutes and incorporated business needs to Business requirements.
- Worked as a Liaison between users and developers refining and explaining user requirements.
- Associated between Development and Quality Assurance team to streamline the process.
- Conducted weekly meetings for deciding the Policies and Procedures to be followed while constructing new sites.
- Created and designed mock-up screens for development process.
- Created SQL statements to validate the Data Tables.
- Co-ordinate with system Architects and Developers to convert business requirements into system requirements.
- Participated in user meetings and discussing the issues to be resolved and translating user inputs into design documents.
- Assisted in initial project timelines/deliverables/ strategies for effective project management.
- Assisted in documenting Test Scenarios, Test Plan and Test Cases to be used in testing based on business requirements.
- Documented Requirement Traceability Matrix for tracing the Test Cases and requirements related to them.
Environment: MS Visio, MS Office, SQL, Cognos, HP QC
Confidential, Baltimore, MI
Sr. Business Analyst
- Revised and examined the AS IS and TO BE in the present architecture.
- Conducted JAD sessions with data management team, SMEs, vendors, users and other stakeholders for open and pending issues.
- Documented Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog and a clear understanding of Burndown charts.
- Prepared Logical Data Models that contained set of diagrams,BusinessRequirement Documents, and supporting documents containing the essentialbusinesselements, detailed definitions, and descriptions of the end user requirements.
- Involved in forward mapping EDI transactions from and backward mapping from .
- Worked in the full HIPAA compliance lifecycle from GAP Analysis, mapping implementation and testing for processing of Medicaid Claims.
- Suggested measures and recommendations to improve the current application performance.
- Designed organizational tools and forms to facilitate accurate data collection and recordkeeping.
- Designed Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams in MS Visio.
- Outlined and specified the system requirements through Use Case Diagrams and Use Case Scenarios using the UML (Unified Modelling Language) methodologies.
- Demonstrated understanding of the system design development, testing and support.
- Designed State Chart Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Collaboration Diagrams thus defining the Data Process Model and Business Process Model.
- Undoubtedly understood coding standards required for all Medicare Part D Users transactions comprising electronic data interchange as specified by the Department of Health and Human Services and included at every stage of the project when required.
- Tracked and maintained Stakeholder requested enhancements and changes using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Prepared presentations to highlight the changes made.
- Identified/documented data sources and transformation rules required populating and maintaining data warehouse content.
- Participated in meetings with the QAs and Developers to converse the defects, bug fixes and testing updates.
- Created test cases and test scripts to assist the business users withUAT.
- Delivered Production support and post-production support, clarified the changes to the business users, organized one on one sessions, one to many sessions to make sure the business users are aware of the system variations.
Environment: Agile, MS Office Suite, SharePoint, HPQC
- Participated in all phases in Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experienced JAD facilitator and meetings coordinator with excellent intrapersonal and conflict negotiation skills.
- Facilitated Story Points, Sprint Planning, daily Stand-ups, Sprint Demo/Review and Retrospective meeting to track progress and eliminate project impediments.
- As a Salesforce admin, analysed and designed the application features like creating Leads, creating Accounts and opportunities.
- Evaluated the information gathered from multiple sources, decomposed high level information into details to gain understanding of end-to-end solution.
- Documented the Product Backlog and Sprint backlog in this Agile project.
- Assisted in grooming the Sprint and Release Backlog.
- Generated Salesforce Reports and Dashboards.
- Worked on Salesforce Workflows and Validation Rules.
- Was part of the Triage Meeting and Release Ceremony.
- Involved in Documenting the results of Load Testing Process and created meaningful reports for analysis.
- Analysed and documented the limitations of the billing system.
- Communicated business risks and project cross-impacts to Project Manager and BSA Manager- Support.
- Documented Traceability Matrix for tracing the Test Cases and requirements related to them.
- Reviewed Test Plans that contains test scripts, test cases, test data and expected results for the User Acceptance Testing(UAT).
Environment: SQL Server, MS Office Suite, Agile methodology, Salesforce
Jr. Business Analyst
- Interacted with SMEs in Cash, Collateral, Derivatives settlement across different geographies in understanding the different settlement instructions and the related processes.
- Liaised between technical team, system architect, vendor, business users and SMEs.
- Responsible for identifying high volume client transactions for Straight Through Processing, using advanced excel techniques including VLOOKUP, Pivot Table and Charts.
- Performed GAP Analysis to understand the existing process and future process.
- Responsible for gathering, analysing and documenting business requirements related to Straight Through Processing of different cash settlement instructions such as cash Transfers, custody, collaterals, margins and Trade Settlement Instructions.
- Created data mapping document to map the data attributes with the field in the existing application and with the data dictionary.
- Participated in the workflow analysis of the existing system(As-Is) and the proposed system (To-Be) and prepared workflow using MS Visio.
- Assisted in estimating timelines and managing change request.
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to keep track of the requirements.
Environment: MS Project, MS Office, SharePoint, Balsamiq
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes