- Over 9 years of all - encompassing experience as a Business Analyst and frontline leadership role in System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Effectively interacted with customers and Subject Matter Experts (SME) to gather business requirements.
- Strong experience in coordinating Business Process Management (BPM), Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and interviews to converge towards a design acceptable to the customer and feasible for the developers.
- Participated in business project assessment, functional analysis and requirements gathering and converting business requirements into functional requirements.
- Interacted regularly with development team, database designer, system administrator and the senior management to meet the deadlines of Project milestones.
- Adept in performing Gap Analysis, Feasibility Analysis, Risk Management ROI Analysis and SWOT Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with new business requirements.
- Proficient in writing detailed use cases, developing test cases, working with QA teams during testing.
- Effective in working with business stakeholders, VP’s, MD’s, Support Managers off-site and on-site, Senior Project Managers, Project Managers, Solution Architects.
- Proficient in creating Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) document, Functional Design Document (FDD), User Requirement Specifications (URS) document, Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams,and Sequence Diagrams using MS Visio and Rational Rose.
- Excellent Analytical skills to understand the business process and Functionality, Requirements and translate them to system requirement specifications.
- Extensive knowledge of EDI, GIS, UML modeling, Drawing Sequence Diagrams and Activity diagram using tools such as Microsoft Visio and Rational Rose, Lotus Notes.
- Expert in SDLC processes including waterfall and Agile.
- Hands on experience in using RUP, Requisite Pro, Rational tools, MS Visio, UML Modeling - use case documents, use case diagram, object diagram and documentation of methods and attributes.
- Excellent experience in MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS Visio and gathering user requirements and technical documentation.
- Experience in Utilities & Gas, Healthcare & Insurance and Telecom Domain.
- Conducted functional walkthrough, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) sessions, and assisted the development of User Manuals for customers.
- Experienced in Tactical project deliverables like requirement gathering, Fit-Gap /Scope Change documentation, Jump start activities, workshops with the Business process owners, Scope Freeze, Functional specifications, Proto-typing, configuration, managing different testing cycles, documentation, Cross-functional co-ordination.
- Analytical, methodical and resourceful approach to problem solving, identifying root causes and corrective actions to meet short and long-term business, financial and system requirements.
- MS SQL Server, MS Access, Erwin 4.5/3.5.2
- SQL*Loader, Oracle 9i,Web Intelligence 2.6
- Business Intelligence 6.6, Crystal Reports (XI R2/10)
- SQL, PL/SQL, C/C++, EDI, Load Runner
- Mercury Test Director, HP ALM, Lotus Notes
- Rational Tools, MS Office, MS Outlook
- MS Share Point, MS Visio, MS Project
- MS-DOS, Windows Vista/XP/9x to 2k.
Confidential - Berlin, CT
Lead Business Analyst
- Served as a liaison between the business team and project team by assisting the business in identifying, understanding, and documenting their business needs.
- Collected and documented business processes as well as business rules.
- Participated in the identification, understanding, and documentation of business requirements, including the applications capable of supporting those requirements.
- Developed the project by agile methodology.
- Active Participation on Scrum RNC Project and executed the whole work flow in Business Process Management (BPM).
- Gather requirements from Product Owner, Quality managers at various plants.
- Created Product Backlog, Confidential Backlog, managed User stories and Led daily stand-up meetings.
- Created User stories in MS TFS and driven the tracking progress.
- Mobilized team members and vendor partners, leveraged knowledge bases, and utilized all available resources to drive sales, exceed expectations.
- Regularly updated projections of sales and inventory levels up to 12 months into the future in order to better prepare for and capture the sales potential of the retail market and ensure profitability by optimizing inventory levels, relying upon anticipation of sales trends and consequent receipt need well in advance of actual spending.
- Created spreadsheet in MS Excel to predict demand patterns, the results of which drives purchasing and shipping schedules to ensure adequate availability of product at the distribution center and at the store level.
- Designed and implemented Sales plan Strategy and Rapid Reaction Plan to allow for greater in-season flexibility in chasing inventory, employing production quantity trigger dates, aggressive production percentage schedules, multiple vendor availability per item, and more reactive sales projections for seasonally-sensitive Beach Category.
- Designed KPI reports for company managed operations based on transport modes to identify strengths and weaknesses against industry standards. Prepared ad-hoc reports internally and externally for customers.
- Created a model usingsensitivity analysisof data for container volume vs. profit, chassis cost vs. average hold time and maintenance vs. storage cost to determine the operational impact on the supply chain.
- Translated the business needs into system requirements, communicated with the business on a non-technical level, and with the Development team on a more technical level.
- Prepared market assessment reports spanning the past, present, and future.
- Collaborated with the development architect and business to develop both high-level and detailed application architecture to meet the business needs.
- Performed gap analysis.
- Documented and delivered Functional Specification Documents to the project team.
- Participated in the logical and physical design sessions and developed design documents.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and tracking everything on HP ALM.
- Assisted the PM in setting realistic project expectations and in evaluating the impact of changes on the organization and plans accordingly.
- Conducted defect review, checkpoint and root cause analysis meetings and tracked defects in Quality Center.
- Ensured entry criteria & exit criteria are met for each test cycles in all Functional, Integration and UAT test phases.
- Responsible for communicating status and progress, validating the issues raised by users and tracking till fixes.
Environment: Windows NT/XP, Microsoft TFS, Win Runner and Test Director, PL/SQL, Microsoft SQL Server 2005, MS SharePoint DHTML, MS Word, Balsamiq Tool, Lotus Notes, HP ALM, Scrum and Agile development.
Confidential - Hartford CT
Senior Business Analyst
- Prepared the Functional Specification Document (FSD) and Software Requirement Specifications (SRS) as per company standards.
- Conducted the JAD Sessions with stakeholders and developers to have a clear picture of a project.
- Implemented RUP (Rational Unified Process) methodology for iterative and incremental development of the system.
- Workflow documentation of improved user interface for better understand of the team members.
- Worked on improvement of Claims Reimbursement User Interface for a better experience and in corporate changes as per HIPAA guidelines using the gap analysis.
- Worked with the management for improving and giving new ideas for designing future processes of the HIPPA transactions dealing out with EDI’S 271, 276 and 270, 835, 837, 834, HIPAA 4010, 5010, claim adjustments, claim processing from point of entry to finalizing, claim review, identifying claims processing problems, their source and providing alternative solutions using best practice model and principles and also well versed with ICD10.
- Developed test cases and test plans on the basis of requirements and also did manual testing of the functionality of the application to ensure that the application is able to handle a lot of data.
- Used UML to create use case diagrams, sequence diagrams and activity diagrams.
- Developed flowchart and process diagram using MS Visio.
- Conducted interviews with clients to analyze their data and gather requirements.
- Prioritized outstanding defects and systems problems, ensuring accuracy and deadlines were met.
- Identified bugs during the test phase and reported them using HP Quality Center.
- Maintained Traceability Matrix throughout the project.
Environment: JAD, MS-Visio, Lotus Notes, RUP, MS SharePoint, UML, Use Cases, MS-Office-Excel, Word, PowerPoint, HP Quality center.
Confidential, Bloomfield, CT
- Analyze business/functional requirements and work with project team to define functionality and solutions.
- Determine detailed requirements, define scope, and identify business model.
- Elicit business requirements from project sponsors and stakeholders through research, focus groups, interviews, process flow creation, surveys, or other methods.
- Validate, prioritize, and organize requirements.
- Prepare documentation at each of stage of the requirements phase, including deliverables like Vision and Scope Reports, Requirements Work Plans, Business Requirements Documents, Use Cases, Process Flows, Technical Specifications or Functional Design Documents. Ensure documents can be understood by business users and development team alike.
- Demonstrated understanding of application design, development, testing, integration and support.
- Create wire-frames to communicate requirements and visual solutions
- Test, track and report issues throughout the application development lifecycle.
- Work closely with both on-site and offshore developers to resolve problems.
- Identify test and use cases and develop plans for incorporating those test cases into the functional specifications and the overall testing plan.
- Manage time and tasks to help projects keep schedule.
- Created Release Notes prior to each implementation.
- Created and maintained Meeting Minutes / Issues Log and ensured timely resolution of all outstanding items.
- Acted as a liaison between Technology and Business for clear and better communication.
Environment: Lotus Notes, EDI, MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, MS TFS, MS Visio, MS Outlook, MS SharePoint.
Confidential, Bloomfield, CT
- Designed the business requirement collection approach based on the project scope and SDLC methodology.
- Responsible for analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of enterprise content management system and business processes.
- Participated in the initialImpact Analysis(ICD-10) for all the critical functions, i.e., & Enrollment, Claims Processing, Utilization Management, Medical Policy, Reporting, Vendor Management, etc.
- Consulted as Medicare and Medicare Compliance Subject Matter Expert and worked with internal team to build out of a high level roadmap and time line to achieve compliance
- Worked as a BPM Consultant and assisted to a careful and deep understanding of all their operations to discover their existing processes. Once discovered, the client team was led towards the “to-be” process in a strategic and carefully orchestrated process driven approach. This BPM project enabled them to have a business process in place that was not only concise and less complex but also provided measurable ways to monitor, analyze and optimize their problem areas.
- Liaised with BPM Analysts, Technical engineers and Project executive to build solutions that solved customer problems and delivered business value.
- Contributed effectively to develop solutions in the areas of process flow, business logic and user interface.
- Provided document processing and management technology mentoring to project team members.
- Lead solution playbacks to iterate requirements and implemented directly with business users.
- Conducted diagnostic analysis of test results and delivered solutions to critical areas.
- Developed business process models in RUP to document existing and future business processes.
- Performed extensive requirement analysis including data analysis and gap analysis.
- Designed and developed project document templates based on the SDLC methodology.
- Acted as liaison between management and web development team for requested updates to the provider resources page and Ensured web pages complied with HIPAA specifications
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA testing and report / data validation.
- Developed strategic partnerships with the business units to develop a solid knowledge base of the business line; including the business plan, products, and process and revenue streams.
- Translated the business needs into system requirements, communicating with the business on a broader scale and with an in-depth view too.
- Responsible for maintaining and documenting the Functional Design Document for the project team.
- Collaborated with the development architect and the business to develop both high-level and detailed application architecture to meet the business needs.
- Participated in the logical and physical design sessions, developed design documents.
- Assisted the PM in setting realistic project expectations and in evaluating the impact of changes on the organization and plans accordingly; also conducted project related presentations.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing and track the defects via MS TFS.
Environment: JAD, MS-Visio, MS Outlook, MS SharePoint, RUP, UML, Use Cases, MS-Office-Excel, Word, PowerPoint, HP Quality center.
Confidential - Overland Park, KS
- Actively interacted with Stake Holders and Project Manager throughout the scope of the project.
- Gathered, Analyzed, Validated data and requirements to draft business Artifacts.
- Participated in gathering user requirements, developing functional and non-functional requirements of Critical Business Processes.
- Project governance, including day-to-day management and resolution of risks, issues and dependencies.
- Creation of functional specifications, business requirements analysis, flowcharts and process maps.
- Captured Requirements through detailed discussion with client and project managers.
- Developed detailed Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Software requirement artifacts.
- Creating and reviewing Business Use Cases and test cases.
- Hand off the requirement and creating the solution as per stakeholder feedbacks.
- Estimations and resource identification for all Minor and Major releases.
- Analysis of the task (HLD, FRD) and assigning to the offshore team member.
- Assist the offshore team and review the artifacts prepared by them.
- Verify and Validate Bug fixes, follow the review process and give an absolute quality work as deliverables.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with Architect, DB Analyst, Dev and QA to crack complex data work flows.
- Encouraging the team for self-organization to boost the efficiency and coordination working with stake holders / product owners to prioritize the requirements for Confidential .
- Helped the product owners to come up with set of stories for better understanding for estimate and development.
- Used Test Case distribution to track the progress of test case planning, implementation and execution results.
- Used Microsoft Project to manage schedules, deadlines, and resources and collaborate on the project.
- Served as a liaison between business team and the project team by assisting the business in identifying, understanding, and documenting their business needs.
- Collected and documented business processes as well as business rules.
- Managed Change Requests and performed impact analysis.
Environment: JAD, MS-Visio, Lotus Notes, RUP, Scrum, Agile development, UML, I-rise, Use Cases, MS-Office-Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Quality center.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes