- Over 6 years of extensive experience as a Sr. Business Analyst with strong domain knowledge in Finance, Accounting, Banking and Investment.
- Strong Subject Matter expertise in Credit Card Industry, Investment Banking, Risk Analysis, Asset Management- risks and returns.
- A dedicated, goal-oriented and dynamic Business Analyst who has an extensive background in Business Requirement gathering BRD , Functional Requirement Specifications FRS , Project Management, Business Process flow, Business Process Modeling and Business Analysis, Quality Assurance, Technical Documentation and Software Validation.
- Experience in the field of Business Analysis, Data Analysis, Requirement Analysis, Business Process Design, Streamlining, Object Oriented Analysis, System Analysis and Quality Assurance.
- Well-versed knowledge with all the phases of SDLC, including methodologies ranging from Waterfall approach to agile methodologies like SCRUM, extreme Programming XP , Object Oriented Analysis and Design OOAD and Rational Unified Process RUP .
- Adept at creating and transforming business requirements into designing business models using UML diagrams Use Case, Data Flow Diagrams, Flow Charts, Context, Sequence and Activity diagrams.
- Extensive experience in creating As-Is and To-Be process models, conducting Gap Analysis to understand areas of improvement and analyzing the risks involved through SWOT, Value Stream Mapping, Feasibility Analysis and Impact Analysis.
- Experienced in using MS office applications for day to day activity, MS Visio for drawing flow diagrams and MS Project for prioritizing and managing individual tasks.
- Experience in facilitating Joint Application development JAD and Joint Requirement Planning JRP sessions, Interviews, Workshops and Requirement Elicitation sessions, Rapid Application Development RAD sessions.
- Extensive experience in conducting Market Research, Feasibility Studies, Data Analyses, Data Mapping, Data Profiling Risk Identification, Risk Assessment, Risks Analyses, and Risk management.
- Expertise in using Rational Requisite-Pro for Requirement Management and developed Requirement Traceability Matrix RTM to manage association between requirements and other project artifacts.
- Designed and implemented SQL Queries using joins, unions, outer joins, group by and aggregate functions to extract data from different databases like Oracle, SQL Server for timely reporting and validation.
- Strong Experience in creating Test plans and Test Cases for User Acceptance Testing and overlooking test script execution for Integration, Regression, Performance, Functional and System Testing.
- Strong working experience of MS Visio, MS Projects and MS Office tools.
Microsoft Windows 8/7/XP/NT, Unix, Linux Ubuntu , Windows Server 2003/2008
Agile/SCRUM, Waterfall, Spiral, RUP Process and Prototyping
Internet Languages/ Web Applications
UML, HTML, XML, CSS
Databases and Tools
SQL Server 2005 and 2008, My SQL, Distributed DB, Oracle 9/10g/11, MS Access, PL/SQL
IBM Rational Manual Tester, Quality Center, QTP, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, JIRA, Test Director
Microsoft Project Professional
Rational Clear Case, Visual Source Safe, Team Foundation Services
Business Intelligence / Reporting
SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS , Performance Point Services, MSBI, ETL, Crystal Reports
MS Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint , MS Visio
Sr. Business Analyst
- Actively Involved in Pre-Analysis of project with SME Subject Matter Experts and Developers
- Created Business Requirements and converted them into System Requirement Specifications
- Performed Gap analysis designed new process flow, documented the business process, various business scenarios and activities of the business from the conceptual to procedural level.
- Followed the SCRUM Project Management Agile Methodology for the entire SDLC. Created full life-cycle documentation from product requirements in the developmental stage to functional specifications. Experience in developing BRD's.
- Studied and analyzed requirements to be achieved and brainstormed to gather effective requirements for a quality product.
- Prepare Project Requirements Document and Design Information Systems Business Solution.
- Created business rules, business vision document, business glossary and implementation up to functional and technical specifications.
- Extensive experience in managing project requirements, which includes requirement gathering, requirement rating/analysis and requirement priority assignment.
- Participated in Design walk-through with end users to baseline the business architecture.
- Created Requirements Design Documents RDD and Functional Requirement Documents FRD
- As a Business Analyst involved in business requirements, analysis, design, project planning scheduling, creating UAT Test Plans / Test Cases.
- Wrote SQL Queries and did the Documentation for the Databases
- Reflected Functional and User Interface testing.
- Produced and managed documentation on release activities to support problem resolution.
- Performed basic UAT with the different customers and different business modules.
- Interacted with developers and various members of my team to discuss and resolve defects and their priorities.
Environment: Agile/SCRUM, SQL Server 2008, Windows 8, UNIX, MY SQL, PL/SQL, UAT, Quality Center, C .NET, J2EE, JIRA, Oracle 11, MS Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint , MS Visio, Microsoft Project Professional
Sr. Business Analyst
- Involved in preparing the project scope and objectives.
- Analyzed the user/business requirements BRD , functional specs FSD and Use Case System documents.
- Prepared and maintained the Requirement Traceability Matrix RTM to record the business and functional requirements.
- Conducted the FRS and URS reviews and walkthroughs with designers, developers and stakeholders. Also conducted feasibility and adaptability study.
- Updated and modified progress and resources allocation in MS Project for the team.
- Assisted in creation of Business Requirement, conducted JAD and one to one session with SME / BU's.
- Application Development was achieved following RUP methodology.
- Applied Unified Modeling Language UML methodologies to design Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagram and ER diagrams.
- Produced the visual models for the application using Rational Rose to create use cases, sequence diagrams, deployment diagrams and activity diagrams.
- Performed data analysis and designed process/data flow diagram.
- Served as a liaison between Clients and Technical Staff to resolve any conflicts.
- Involved in preparing Test Plans based on User Requirements Document URD/ BRD .
- Utilized Clear Case application to store and track test plans/cases/scripts.
- Actively involved in User Acceptance testing UAT and Training to the end users.
- Assisted with change, issue, quality and risk management activities. Generated management reports on weekly and monthly basis.
- Performed GAP analysis during the conversion process.
- Performed Functional, Performance, Regression, System Integration Testing.
Environment: SQL Server 2008, Windows 8, MY SQL, PL/SQL, UAT, Rational Clear Case, Requisite Pro, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, LINUX, MS Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint , MS Visio
Sr. Business Analyst
- Involved in Tax Provisioning system Customer sourcing for reporting of the Broker/Dealer businesses to source its income by product type with customer address for State Income Tax return filings as well as financial statement reporting.
- The scope was to build a Data ware House/ETL Tool which provides Tax ability to trace the revenue from the type of transactions from source systems through to the G/L Account balance and help Tax team evaluate the revenues to compute Tax provisioning.
- Gap analysis on Provision to Actual, Tax Workbook, and Procedures Policies to identify the changes needed to be made to replace the firm's existing Tax provisioning system.
- Perform analysis on data for Commissions, Underwriting Derivatives/Equities/Fixed Income products to capture required data population trade and reference including customer information.
- Data Analysis Trade Reference Data to analyze data from different source systems by executing SQL queries which included Counterparty-TradeTransactions-Products-Entities-Department-Book's and reconcile against Book's and Record's to meet compliance requirements before it is sourced into the system being built for business users.
- Identified and created all necessary Business Use Cases from requirements, created UML Diagrams including Use Cases Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Conducted JAD sessions to allow regional stakeholders to communicate their perspectives with each other, resolve any issues and come to an agreement quickly.
- Extensively worked on creating BRD, FRD any required Change requests
- Understood the business logic, User Requirements and test-objectives to develop test plans, test cases, and test case execution using Test Director.
- Managed UAT Release for major software releases with regional users IT team. Performed UAT for various projects, and identified defects/bugs in the software and tracked them to successful resolution
- Liaised between the IT team and Business Users to resolve the gaps, defects/bugs identified during the course of UAT.
Environment: Agile/SCRUM, SQL Server 2008, Windows 7, PL/SQL, MY SQL, MY Access, JIRA, Java, J2EE, QTP, UML, XML, UAT, MS Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint , MS Visio, Microsoft Project Professional, Test Director, SSIS
- Performed Stakeholder Analysis to identify the key players for project success.
- Participated in Stakeholder Management to communicate effectively with the right stakeholders.
- Provided implementation assessment for Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, UML and RUP.
- Identified and involved all key stakeholders, contributors, business, operations and technical resources that must participate in a project and ensure that contributors are motivated to complete assigned tasks within the parameters of the project plan.
- Facilitated JAD sessions for communicating and managing expectations.
- Scheduled meeting with developers, System's Analyst and testers to collaborate resource allocation and project completion using MS Project.
- Created Use Cases using UML and managed the entire functional requirements life cycle using Rational Unified Process, Requisite Pro.
- Created Process Work flows, Functional Specifications, and responsible for preparing Software Requirement Specifications SRS , Functional Specification Document FSD and final Design Document as per SEI CMM standards.
- Created and managed project templates, Use Case project templates, requirement types and trace-ability relationships in Requisite Pro.
- Proactively managed Software development, Requirements Analysis Design, RFP/ RFI creation using Rational Rose and Requisite Pro.
- Responsible for creating business flow diagrams using MS-Visio and charts for E-commerce.
- Extensive experience with User acceptance testing UAT , System testing, Integration testing and build verification testing.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA testing and report / data validation.
- Created product documentation, including online help, printed user manual, and training materials.
Environment: SQL Server 2008, Windows 8, MY SQL, PL/SQL, UAT, Rational Clear Case, Requisite Pro, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, MS Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint , MS Visio, SSIS
- Interacted with the stakeholders by interviewing them, by preparing questionnaire and getting feedback.
- Communicated Project Requirements, Business Issues, Solution and made recommendation.
- Responsible for defining the scope of the project, gathering business requirements, doing gap analysis and documenting them textually or within models.
- Supported IT unit creating functional specification documents for the design, development and implementation of strategic projects.
- Analyzed and documented Business requirements and detail design of the software for full understanding of the business.
- Supported the assigned project manager with creating detailed project plans and assisting in developing, scheduling and tracking project timelines.
- Used MS Visio for flow-charting, process model and design of the application.
- Documented business workflows textually as well as in UML diagrams according to RUP for the stakeholder review.
- Conducted JAD sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate their perspectives with each other, resolve any issues and come to an agreement quickly.
- Conducted FRS and URS reviews and walkthroughs with the designers, developers and stakeholders.
- Performed feasibility study and risk analysis to identify the business critical areas from the user perspective.
- Used Requisite Pro to document requirements, associated change requests with requirements and connected requirements with Use cases.
- Supported User Acceptance Testing UAT and collaborated with the QA team to develop test plans, test scenarios, test cases and test data to be used in testing, based on business requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge.
Environment: SQL Server 2008, Windows 8, MY SQL, PL/SQL, UAT, Rational Clear Case, Requisite Pro, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, MS Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint , MS Visio