- Seven plus (7+) years of IT experience as Business Analyst/Financial Analyst in cross - functional projects where responsibilities included implementing on-site business requirements for enterprise and web financial applications, mortgage applications, designing technical/functional specifications, project/scope management, analyzing customer data and management reporting of projects and portfolios
- Outstanding Communication, Presentation and Analytical skills
- Strong understanding of SDLC (AGILE-SCRUM/Waterfall) and Testing Life Cycle with experience in independently handling client escalations and technical implementation projects
- Strong experience and knowledge of Rational tools suite for software creation and testing
- Extensive experience in Project Management using MS Project & Clarity Workbench tools, performed task scheduling and created work breakdown structures for managing projects
- Expertise in using Advanced Excel functions through extensive experience in Data Extraction & Data Compilation on MS-Access, MS-Excel & Oracle database
- Proven skills in creating Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional Requirement Documents, Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), Use Case specifications and Process Workflow diagrams using RUP methodology
- Enriched Experience in deploying various UML models in different projects using activity diagrams, use case diagrams, sequence diagrams, and class diagrams
- Proficiency in QA/User Acceptance Testing, creating and reviewing UAT scripts and developing test plans/test cases using Mercury Quality Center and Rational Clear Quest tools
- Imparted technical and functional training to business users, drove project plans and knowledge sharing sessions
- Presented Demos/trainings of proposed functionality improvements to internal teams & clients and conducted usability evaluations on CRM and ERP applications
- Customized and developed crystal reports for business forecasting using SQL queries
- Extensively used Rational Requisite Pro and Sharepoint to facilitate project documentation, requirements management and integrated project management
- Experience in financial analyses, Forecasting, Metrics Reporting, and creating standardized adaptable Market Reports
- Experience in Treasury & Cash Management, Investment and Asset Management, Credit Risk, account maintenance and reconciliation
- Worked upon OMGEO OG workstation for manual matching of trades for middle office processing
- Worked with Fixed Income Derivatives including CMO, CLO, CDS, TRS and various kinds of bonds such as Corporate bonds, Municipal bonds, T-bonds, Agency bonds and Inflation Adjusted bonds
- Exclusive knowledge of Trade life cycle including Trade Capture, compliance, electronic trade confirmation (ETC), electronic trade settlement (ETS) and electronic trade notification
- In-Depth knowledge of Portfolio Accounting for financial instruments including Stocks, Bonds, Forwards, Futures, Options, Swaps, Asset Backed Securities, Mortgage Backed Securities
- Extensive experience in financial protocols such as TIBCO, Confidential & Euro-Clear
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP and SOX processes and worked on all phases of accounting including general ledger, accounts receivable and payable, payroll, cash flow, and tax preparation using Costpoint
- Extensive experience in preparing monthly financial reports, expense/accrual analysis and PL review
- Performed Market Analysis for financial clients using market data feeds from Reuters, Bloomberg and other websites to facilitate trade matching
- Experience in manually feeding Real-time trades into Instruct, a web based trading application for Derivatives transactions like Futures, Forwards, Options and Mortgage Back Securities
Operating Systems: Windows 7/95/98/2000/XP, Macintosh, Unix
Modeling Tools: MS Visio, MS Studio, Borland Caliber, TrueComp, DOORS
Modeling Languages: UML, OOAD, Object Modeling, RUP, AGILE
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Java, .NET Framework, C#, Visual Basic
Database Management Systems: Oracle9i, MS Access, MS SQL Server, TOAD, Oracle Discoverer (BI)
Microsoft Tools: MS Office(proficient in MS Excel), MS Front Page, Sharepoint, MS Project, MS Visio
Rational Tools: Rational Rose, RequisitePro, Clear Case, Clear Quest
Testing Tools: Test Director, Quick Test Pro, JIRA, Mercury Quality Center
Confidential, McLean, VA
Senior Business/Data Analyst
- Responsibilities include writing procedures for Mortgage Systems and preparing Mortgage related data reports for upper management
- Analyzed historical data, performed reverse engineering and developed Payment Memo document depicting the annual and one-time mortgage incentive payments made to Borrowers and Servicers
- Performed financial analysis and created Accrual Reports for HAMP program in order to give Finance a better forecasting ability to analyze future incentive payments to Servicers and Borrowers
- Documented the complete process flow to describe program development, application integration, logic, testing, and implementation for Loss Mitigation Work Station (LMWS), EUC and IPAR Mortgage systems
- Using Data Flux application created IR2 Assessment reports in order to show senior management the status of non-performing loans month over month
- Extensively used Excel V-lookup, H-lookup, pivot tables and Macro to create complex data reports
- Created Project Charter, Scope and Impact Assessment documents for the Extension of HAMP and HAFA (Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternative) programs
- Conducted JAD sessions with Business, IT and Senior Management to identity the changes and documented the impact of changes in the policy and procedures including Finance, Mitigation, Legal and Alternative Collateral (ACD)
- Performed data analysis, identified tables in Metadata repository and build queries in order to extract accurate data from Corporate Data Warehouse (CDW) for reporting
- Involved in defining the source to target data mappings, business rules and data definitions.
- Documented Change Requests after completing Beyond Compare analysis with the requestor and coordinated with the development and testing team.
- Worked with the users to do the User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Performed extensive data analysis in order to clear various mortgage related edits caused by discrepancy in Servicers transmitted EDR (Electronic Default Reporting) related loan data
- Performed loan data analysis and Created excel based reports in order to confirm the accuracy and reasonableness of data being transmitted by Servicers through electronic default reporting
- Created power point presentations for different Servicers based upon their Historical data trends defining the correct sequence of events and educating them regarding Confidential policies and guidelines
Environment: Oracle 10g/11g, MS Access 2007, MS Excel 2010, MS Word 2010, Lotus Notes, Data flux, Crystal Reports, PowerPoint 2010, SharePoint
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Senior Business Analyst
- Created Functional Requirement Document depicting system context diagrams and business process workflow diagrams for CND Mortgage system
- Defined and Designed different modules for Confidential ’s Multifamily Mortgage CND system right from Loan commitments to Loan Servicing including Cash & MBS Loans
- Captured various processes of MBS loans including Commitment Information, Pricing Attributes, ARM Attributes, Prior Liens, Mezzanine Debt and Prepayment Protection Type
- Implemented RUP best practices, created UML diagrams using MS Visio, used Clear Case for document management and version control, used Requisite Pro for requirements management and traceability.
- Created Scope document and conducted a walkthrough session to ensure that all project stakeholders understand the scope and any associated constraints, risks or issues as early as possible.
- Responsible for conducting JAD sessions with project stakeholders in order to prioritize defects and identify scope creep.
- Conducted GAP Analysis by identifying the existing technologies and documenting the enhancements to meet the end state requirements.
- Responsible for Data Mapping, Data Compilation, Data Analysis, Data Scrubbing and Data Validation using SQL queries in a MS SQL Server 2000 environment
- Responsible for producing ad-hoc and streamline dashboard reports for senior management using Excel, Panorama and Microstrategy BI tool
- Created, designed and laid out specifications for project Management Reporting including descriptive mockups, process flows, use cases, site maps, navigation models and release notes
- Assisted Project Managers in updating Project Plans by adding tasks, sub-tasks and milestones on the MS Project Server.
- Developed Test Cases/Test Scripts and implemented UAT Test Plans using Mercury Quality Center and tracked defects using Rational Clear Quest
- Periodically conducted various training sessions with Project Managers, Project Analysts and Portfolio Project Managers to enhance reporting capabilities and to provide robust management reports.
- Extensively used Macros and pivot tables in Excel to provide performance metrics on Schedule, Budget, Risk, Issues and Resources
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Senior Business Analyst
- Responsible for laying out business needs in the form of Business Requirement Documents to our technology partners to make sure data requirements are correctly mapped to client needs
- Conducted GAP analysis between current and desired system by creating Process flow diagrams and as is - to be flowdiagrams using MS Visio in order to interpret current and desired state.
- Analyzed individual portfolios & compared their annual ROR against custom benchmark indices in order to determine if the target asset allocation is in line with the client’s objective.
- Performed in-depth data analysis by identifying the source of data & comparing various Excel data files to make sure they are in the scope of the project.
- Processed raw data and prepared excel files into meaningful analysis by extensively using v-lookup, h-lookup and pivot table functions in MS Excel.
- Generated crystal reports based on data files & displayed data in a variety of visual formats to analyze patterns & identify differences among the results set.
- Measured Credit Risk and expected return on multiple Portfolios using credit VaR as risk measures.
- Created and updated Business Use Cases based upon the changing needs of the business users using MS Visio and maintained project schedule using MS Project.
- Participated in User Acceptance Testing and updated the system training documentation and manuals.
- Maintained and updated Project Status Reports with issues, tasks, risk and milestones to be achieved in order to distribute it to the senior management for weekly calls.
Confidential, Malvern, PA
Senior Business Analyst
- Communicated with different Custodians across the globe for middle office trade processing
- Responsible for creating responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and developing Statements of Work (SOWs) for project opportunities
- Experience in matching trades coming from client’s trade order management system and DTCC
- Established BIC connection between Confidential and other Investment Banks, Brokers, Dealers & Custodians in order to receive and send Confidential messages
- Tested Confidential messages MT 541 & MT 543 in UAT and BUAT region to ensure the format and content is as per SMPG and acceptable to various markets
- Worked upon Instruct a Credit Risk engine for Interest Rate Swaps, Credit Default Swaps and Total rate of return swaps which was integrated with Global Transaction Manager
- Responsible for capturing the Corporate Action events like Dividends, Stock Splits, Capital changes, Earnings and Total Shares outstanding from various sources in order to enrich trades
- Created data mapping and data validation checkpoints to ensure that domestic and international trades are getting enriched with high quality of data coming from Bloomberg, Reuters etc.
- Worked with Omgeo Domestic & Central Trade Manager application to match live US & International trades and provide trade support
- Experience with Portia Accounting System to perform account reconciliation and portfolio reporting
- Designed process flow diagrams for Equity & Foreign Exchange modules using MS Visio and delivered artifacts to senior management for application integration with other systems using Rational Suite
- Worked upon real time Multi Currency accounting system called Multi Currency Horizon in order to validate, enrich and place NAV alerts on Foreign Exchange transaction
- Worked on Bloomberg workstation to obtain live feeds for different securities & provided analytics, historical data & economics statistics for different portfolios
Confidential, Boston, MA
CRM Business Analyst
- Worked closely with various teams to gather requirements and produced technical system specifications, logical data models & resolved production support issues
- Developed detailed project plan following AGILE (SCRUM) development techniques encompassing all key disciplines including Business Modeling, Requirements, Analysis and Design, Implementation, Test, Deployment, Configuration Management
- Defined modules and created task scheduling & work breakdown structures using Clarity application
- Designed, documented, and implemented automated processes using CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tool Salesplace with emphasis on lead generation
- Designed process flow diagrams for Salesplace modules using MS Visio and delivered artifacts to senior management for application integration with other systems
- Conducted various Joint Application and Design (JAD) sessions with various participants (including Business, Deployment and Support personnel)
- Developed custom reports and business logic to include a business process workflow for Sales Workforce Compensation System using TrueComp application
- Created screen mock ups, site maps and navigation modules using MS Studio
- Extensively used Borland Caliber RM tool and Rational Rose to provide a single repository for functional specifications, business requirement documents (BRD), Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), and user interface design documents (UI)
- Responsible for Data Extraction, Data Compilation, Data Analysis, Data Scrubbing and Data Validation using SQL queries in a MS SQL Server environment
- Identified various crucial bugs in UAT phase and extensively used Mercury Quality Center tool to log these defects.
- Extensively used Visual Basic to create macros in order to make data migration testing more useful and compared results from the legacy databases to the new CRM database with advanced use of MS Excel
- Developed Test Plans for UAT phase and written step by step Test Scripts for various Salesplace modules
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Analyzed current and proposed format for incoming and outgoing MT 54x and 54y messages.
- Created process flows for MT 54X and MT 54Y messages describing how all other systems are interrelated.
- Created Business Requirement documents for MT 540, 541, 542, 543 describing business purposes, benefits to client, and benefits to BBH, Scope, Assumptions and Issues & Constraints.
- Involved in extensive testing of MT 564 Corporate Action messages for portfolio accounting purposes
- Updated Confidential user guides and distributed it along various stakeholders
- Responsible for correcting/submitting trades when there is any Corporate Action event like Stock Split, Stock Consolidation, Rights Issue, Complex capital change, Stock Dividend & Spin off /Demerger
- Perform detailed analysis of new requests & enhancements in response to business policy changes and specified functional and data changes required to meet new business requirements
- Created and reviewed UAT (User Acceptance Testing) scripts and coordinated UAT sessions till sign-off from client
- Created service metrics and reported anomalies/spikes through dashboards to top management
- Identified latest changes in terms of Sequences, Tags, Qualifiers and Code words applying to various incoming and outgoing messages
- Extensively used MS Visio to create various UML and Use Case diagrams
Environment: MS Project, JAVA, MS-Access, MS Visio, UML, FIXML, XML, Merva, SONIC, Mercator
Confidential, Milton, MA
- Worked as the Project Coordinator in GTM deployment team for deploying various software releases over time abiding strict time limits using AGILE (SCRUM) development techniques
- Efficiently handled various issues from business by acting as a liaison between Business, Systems and IT Development team
- Prepared Functional Requirement Documents, Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), user interface design documents (UI) and supplementary specification documents (SS) using Rational tools
- Performed GAP analysis between current system and the requirements from the business taking into consideration cost benefit factor.
- Worked upon Omgeo Global workstation to provide Institution Delivery Instructions (IDI)and placed ALERTS to allow IDI to be linked to the Broker Internal Accounts
- Enrich trades with Standing Settlement Instructions (SSI) and Tolerance Levels before a trade is sent to Oasis Global / DTC for Confirmation
- Worked upon real time multi currency accounting system called Multi Currency Horizon in order to validate, enrich and place NAV alerts on Foreign Exchange transaction
- Worked on an accrual engine for Interest Rate Swaps that was integrated into Reuter's application for matching of Derivatives trades inside Global Transaction Manager
- Used Derivatives Blotter, a web-based order entry and trade execution tool for Interest Rate, Credit Default, & Total Return swaps as well as Futures, Forwards, and Options
- Developed Trade Blotter screens using C# and Visual Studio for Global Reference System (GRS), a web based repository to store fund related middle office processing instructions
- Gathered business requirements for Trade Capture, Trade Enrichment & Trade Validation processes using Rational Requisite Pro to provide a central and secure repository for project requirements
- Conducted various Joint Application and Design (JAD) sessions with participants including Business, Deployment and technical team from across the globe
- Took the initiative and migrated all the existing Excel reports into Crystal reports & Web based reports using the Java based GTM application
Environment: GTM, TIBCO, J2EE, MS Project, MS-Access, Rational Rose, SQL, FIXML and MCH
Confidential, New York, NY
- Identified different stakeholders, their roles and involvement in the project
- Worked with multiple asset classes such as Exchange Traded Funds (ETF), Fixed Income Securities, Credit Derivatives and Mortgage Back Securities
- Worked upon Rebalancer, a risk analysis application integrated with Block Trading platform used for hedging portfolios against market corrections
- Developed crystal reports for derivatives using Rebalancer application showing the amount of variance in a particular portfolio in relation to the market
- Worked upon diversified portfolios of stocks & derivatives in Rebalancer and notified clients through ALERTS to minimize risk and generate consistent absolute returns
- Worked with market data feeds (from Reuters, Bloomberg) and mapped them to the tender tracking system for pricing information
- Conducted periodic meetings & JAD sessions with technical team in order to make sure that developments are adhered to the business requirements and customer’s expectations
- Analyzed the business requirements and performed a cost benefit analysis
- Gathered “in person” information from end-side users highlighting their requirements and implemented those ideas into developing GUI wire frame models, technical and functional specifications
- Developed Use Case Scenarios, Object models and UML diagrams like Class diagrams and Sequence diagrams using Rational Rose
- Documented business rules and business integration processes using Rational Requisite Pro
- Developed Test Plans, designed Test Scripts and executed Test Cases using Mercury Test Director tool
- Constantly followed and reviewed RUP methodology at every stage of software development in order to make sure that requirements are testable and necessary changes could be made before moving it to production
Environment: MS Project, .NET Framework, UML, Rational Rose, MS Access, MS Visio, OOAD, SQL, Oracle 9/10
- Responsible for all aspects of the daily activity of the accounting department including handling all cash receipts and disbursements for multiple accounts, account reconciliations, accounts receivables and payables, payroll, and weekly cash flow reports
- Analyzed financial statements, Profit & Loss statements and Statement of cash flows for use in making investment decisions
- Performed ad-hoc reports and analysis to assist with AR billing and invoice reconciliations & collections
- Set up initial manual accounting records and financial statements using Lotus 123 and MS Excel spreadsheets for General Ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll
- Developed metrics, performed month over month variance analysis and produced crystal reports to project sales & revenues
- Provided advice and technical assistance to customer service reps with cost analysis, fiscal allocation, and budget preparation schedules
- Calculated credit risk and market risk of the portfolios and assisted portfolio manager to view and print different technical reports
Environment: MS-office, Windows XP, MS-SQL server and Visual Basic
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes