- Accomplished professional with 8+ years of experience as Business Analyst. Extensive experience in understanding business change needs, assessing the business impact of those changes, process mapping, capturing, analyzing and documenting requirements and supporting the communication and delivery of requirements with relevant stakeholders. Excellent communication and problem solving skills compounded with technical knowledge to support business initiatives and solve business problems.
- Possess strong working knowledge in Health Care Industry
- Good understanding of HIPAA Standards (4010 & 5010), Medicaid, Medicare, ICD9/ICD10, EDI 834, 835 and 837 (Electronic Data Interchange), and Claims adjudication process.
- Expertise to create BRD (Business Requirement Document), FRD (Functional Requirement Document), USD (Use Case Specification Document) and UML Diagrams such as Use Case, Activity, and Sequence Diagrams and flow charts using tools such as MS Visio.
- Extensive experience in resolving conflicts within the project management team, improving stake holder relations, improving team performance
- Experience in AGILE Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology. Knowledge of Waterfall methodology
- Extensive experience in developing artifacts like the Business Scope & Vision Document and Business Use Case Models
- Expertise in using various elicitation techniques like interviewing, questionnaires, brainstorming, JAD, observation, and document analysis for requirement gathering
- Proficient in writing SQL scripts, joins using SQL server 2008, involved closely with the Developer and Testing team during defect resolution phase
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate appropriately in business and technical situations at all levels
Operating Systems: MS Windows98/2000/7/8/8.1.
Project Methodologies: SDLC (Agile and Waterfall)
Business Modeling Tools: MS Visio
Project Management: Microsoft Office
Requirement Management: Requisite Pro, JIRA, SharePoint
Documentation Tools: MS Word, MS Excel
Database: SQL Server 2008
Sr. Business Analyst
- Worked as a Business analyst toreview the project plan, charter and formulated schedule to gather requirementsfrom business.
- Performed process making, analyzed the as - is map for problem areas, proposed process improvements, and captured those improvements through process mapping
- Successfully conducted workshops and JAD sessions, which helped synchronize the different stakeholders, SMEs on their objectives and helped the developers to have a clear-cut picture of the project.
- Worked closely with the developers and testers who were present on shore and off shore in order to carry out the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Compiled and presented the status report of the off shore team and discussed it during the Scrum meetings in order to analyze the development and testing progress.
- Designeduse-casesand use-case modelsto further refine the requirements and understand the business processes. Worked extensively inSharePointto organize and catalog requirements, documents, and use-case documents.
- Implemented the entireAgile Methodologyof application development with its various workflows, artifacts and activities.
- InitiatedSprintplanning meetings in order to prioritize and discuss the features which are supposed to be developed for the sprint.
- Involved in dailyScrummeetings.
- Worked closely with third party Vendors, and collected requirements for creating/modifying web services as well as Retail and Prescription Databases.
- PerformedFeasibility, AdaptabilityandRisk Analysisto identify business’s critical and high-risk areas of the application
- Involved with the QA team to develop andreview Testing Strategies and Test Plansand performed UAT testing
- Actively involved inwalkthroughs and meetings with development teamto discuss related issues
Environment:Agile, MS Word, JIRA, SharePoint, MS Excel, MS Visio, SQL
Confidential, Buffalo, NY
- Worked closely with claim system processing to incorporate claim approval/denial and claim reimbursement and evaluated the claim system with which the data would be interfaced for the user
- Leveraged ICD 9 encryption to verify and confirm the validity of claims and documented them by saving it in the database
- Worked closely with the EDI 835 transaction to overlook both claim payments and remittance advice as they are incoming documents from the payer
- Streamlined the 276/277 transaction in order to enable easier and faster exchange of information between the payer and the provider
- Used Agile methodology to oversee the various activities of the project on a day-to-day basis and also conducted daily and weekly meetings to maintain accountability of each of those activities
- Documented Business Requirement Documents and use case specification documents and came across various functional requirements through UML diagrams with the help of activity, use case and specification diagrams
- Assisted QA team by reviewing test cases and test documents for verifying the requirements to ensure complete coverage of all functional and non functional requirements.
- Extracted necessary data, prioritized and manipulated it to enhance the testing of the system using SQL Server 2008
Environment:SQL Server 2008, Agile, MS Visio, Microsoft Office, JIRA
- Participated in JAD sessions with business owners and other relevant system stakeholders.
- Developed requirements while working with project manager on daily business needs while understanding the needs of SMEs and executives.
- Ensured cross functional coordination (executives, analysts, developers, and testers) and pitched in whenever needed to clear the business prospective of enhancements.
- Resolved conflicts and issues during gathering requirements with AES and project managers and used proper channel to communicate changes and issues and succeeded in implementation.
- Developed the Functional requirement document(FRD) based on the enhancement requests and after requirements feasibility analysis.
- Facilitated the meetings for identifying quality problems to ensure smooth flow of enhancements and tracking of defects and assessing stand point of new changes.
- Maintain the status of Test cases to perform the above.
- Executed SQL queries to understand the data flow patterns within tables and to verify the data entered for existing Member and subscribers and their benefits enrollments.
- Assessed and verified the enrollment details include the members, contacts, subscribers their enrollment and validity, cash claims transactions and printed reports based on these changes.
Environment: SQL Server 2008, MS Visio, Microsoft Office, SharePoint
Confidential, New Haven, CT
- Conducted interview sessions with users and different levels of management so as to extract requirements to understand the functional specifications of the AS IS system
- Performed the GAP analysis to design the TO BE system
- Responsible for the execution for the project life cycle (SDLC), including requirements gathering, design, testing, implementation and documentation, as required
- Facilitated smooth completion of project by providing insurance subject matter expertise to the team and utilizing subject matter know-how for quality assurance purposes
- Gathered and documented business requirements in order to describe the business needs in terms of the main deliverables, preparing deliverable tasks in the project plan
- Worked with Development Team to generate EDI HIPAA 837, 278 Transaction Set using Companion Guides
- Developed requirements specification and process diagrams including context, dataflow diagrams
- Worked on the implementation and process automation for Electronic Data Interchange
- Provided issue resolution recommendations by ensuring that there is regular and effective communications of issues and corrective actions between teams
- Identified Actors, Activities, Artifacts and Workflows and developed use case diagrams
Environment: MS Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SQL, Crystal Reports
Confidential, Woodland Hills, CA
- Responsible for defining the scope and defining business rules of the project, gathering business requirements, doing gap analysis and document them textually or within the models
- Responsible for writing the Functional Requirements Specifications and User Requirement Specifications
- Understand and articulate the business requirements from user interviews, and workshops and then convert them into technical specification
- Conducted and Coordinated the JAD sessions with different technical teams.
- Worked to bridge the gaps between IT and business client
- Followed the UML based methods using MS Visio to create Use Cases, Activity, State Chart, Sequence, Collaboration and Deployment Diagrams
- Conducted the FRS and URS reviews (Functional requirement specifications and User requirement specifications) and walkthroughs with designers, developers and stakeholders. Also conducted feasibility and adaptability study
- Tracked and communicated project tasks progress against deadlines, and provided measurable results to management by using MS Project and MS Access
Environment: Windows 2000, MS Project, Power Point, MS SQL 2000, Agile, Rational Requisite Pro, Mercury Quality Center, MS Visio
Confidential, Woodland Hills, CA
Jr Business Analyst
- Hosted requirements gathering meetings with various teams.
- Involved in JAD sessions with SMEs and business users to analyze and gather the requirements for UI.
- Documented requirements and received sign off.
- Helped PMO in finalizing scope based on the requirements.
- Hosted functional design sessions with functional analyst and prepared use case diagrams based on UML.
- Coordinated with the technical team for any functionality related questions.
- Worked with the Testing team in preparing integration testing scenarios.
- Coordinated discussions with third party like banks for setting up payment gateway.
- Worked with Change Manager to do impact analysis of any CR and get them approved.
- Worked with release manager to schedule various releases in Test/staging and production environment.
- Organizing weekly Project Status and Task Review meetings
- Creating PowerPoint presentations and project updates using MS Project for management review
Environment: SQL Server 2008, MS Visio, Microsoft Office, SharePoint
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes