- An experienced IT professional with skills in business analysis, data architecture and project management. Effective in enabling technical solutions for various areas of Banking Financial Services with a focus to enhance business efficiency and performance. Complete project lifecycle experience using formal structured methodologies.
- Extensive experience in:
- Business and technical stakeholder management defining strategic objectives, critical success factors and acceptance criteria. Change driven business cases and subsequent project planning to deliver on Time, Budget and Quality.
- Business processes and operational procedures analysis for efficiency optimization and performance measurement KPI .
- Hands-on data analysis SQL to understand BI needs, data maps and required data model challenges.
- Eliciting Business Requirements and Functional Specifications UML / BPMN while tracing to implementation UAT . Includes Test Cases, User Stories, Use Cases, Process Flows and Entity Relationship Data Models.
- Coordinating global cross-functional teams worked for clients in Europe, Australia, Singapore, Taiwan and Mauritius.
SUMMARY OF EXPERTISE
|Analysis Skills|| |
Requirements Engineering, Process Analysis, Data Analysis and Modelling, Data Warehouse Design, Lean Six Sigma Business Process Management Improvement BPM / BPI
Asset Wealth Management, Lease Financing, Risk Credit Scorecards
Rational Unified Process RUP , Agile SCRUM , Incremental Prototyping, Waterfall
PRINCE2, Software Capability Maturity Model SW- CMM , International Standard Organization ISO
CONSULTANT BI FUNCTIONAL LEAD / SR. BUSINESS ANALYST
- Managed business and technical aspects of Business Intelligence BI reporting on Invesco's Asset Wealth Management repository based on Eagle PACE / STAR product suite . The BI solution was built on Oracle OBIEE suite.
- Analyzed data and reporting requirements for Accounts, Holdings, Transactions and Performance. This involved understanding various source systems for portfolios, securities, fund positions, trades and valuations.
- Created lineage/traceability from two legacy source systems to investments data warehouse and eventually to the reporting data mart. This resulted in creating a master set of consolidated data elements that was used for all future BI reporting.
- Based on business rationale, consolidated various legacy reports into a proposed master reporting set includes mapping to the reporting data mart. Created a mockup dashboard Visio to align reports and data to BI capabilities.
- Delivered strategy to conduct business requirements sessions on the basis of analyzed business rationale, consolidated reports and data. Created a prototype dashboard in OBIEE to demonstrate summaries, alerts and drill down capabilities of an integrated BI environment.
BI IMPLEMENTATION MANAGER / SR. BUSINESS ANALYST
- As part of Enterprise Technology Group, managed senior business and technical stakeholders' expectations. Worked on Fidelity's Asset Wealth Management global fund data repository based on Eagle PACE / STAR product suite . Analysed associated risks for project governance.
- Implemented multi asset front desk trade BI reporting Trade Blotters from enterprise investments data warehouse to facilitate understanding of risk exposure. This involved analysis of reporting needs and multiple inbound market data sources Bloomberg, etc. for information on portfolios, fund positions, trades, transactions and valuations.
- Delivered mechanism to offer a BI reporting service from technology to business partners. Besides estimations, SLAs and Service options, this involved modeling/implementing various multi-region reporting formats BVI, etc. from multi-source hierarchical data.
- Devised and executed strategies during various system upgrades to align technology and business expectations.
- Elicited business requirements and modeled data extract formats from the data warehouse. Generated mappings with ETL transformations logic, functional specifications, process maps, data models and reporting data flows.
- Complete project cycle involvement: includes activities during analysis, design, development, system acceptance testing SAT , Business/User Acceptance Testing BAT/UAT and post-live support.
PRODUCT IMPLEMENTATION MANAGER / SR. BUSINESS ANALYST
- During complete lifecycle of multi phased programme, managed senior business and technical stakeholders' requirements. Worked on CoreOne's Asset Wealth management product suite VistaOne . Analysed associated risks for project governance.
- Implemented BI reporting and assets reference data warehouse to facilitate understanding of risk exposure, AUM and turnover. This involved analysis of reporting needs and multiple inbound market data sources State Street, Bloomberg, HiPortfolio, etc. for information on multi-class assets, fund positions, exchange rates, issue price and credit ratings.
- Elicited business requirements and modeled 20 data sources/formats in the data warehouse. Generated in/out mappings with ETL transformations logic, functional specifications, process maps, data models and reporting data flows.
- Delivered mechanism to maintain a single gold copy of an Asset in Securities Master from multi-source data. This involved modeling/implementing multi-source hierarchical data enrichment and securities matching logic.
- Coordinated cross functional teams during complete project cycle. This includes activities during analysis, design, development, system acceptance testing SAT , Business/User Acceptance Testing BAT/UAT and post-live support.
- Conducted trainings workshops for business and technical knowledge transfer to the client.
CONSULTANT BUSINESS ANALYST
- On a Global Market Data, Authoring and Content Management System, worked with product managers to elicit business requirements and functional specifications.
- Established process for periodic progress review for risk mitigation. Liaised with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Delivered gap analysis for 3rd party market data feeds UML, Visio .
- Coordinated and facilitated Business Acceptance Testing UAT .
REQUIREMENTS MANAGER / SR. BUSINESS ANALYST
- Worked on International Operations 40 markets, 40B asset base change driven global solutions related to Credit Risk, Contract Settlements, Front Office Originations and BI Operational Reporting Data Warehouse multiple internal/external feeds :
- Elicited business requirements, functional specs, data models, UML models and coordinated UAT for sign-off. Conducted business requirements workshops and applied Lean Six Sigma Business Process Improvement BPI to measure efficiencies and performance.
- Analyzed business processes, drivers and technical needs to deliver business cases for 5 new global multi-million initiatives. This involves evaluating multiple vendor solutions by devising an evaluation scorecard.
- Enabled Requirements Testing best practices on 7 existing projects. Implemented automated management tools Borland Caliber and Mercury Test Director / Quality Centre .
- Streamlined business to production support processes for efficient issue resolution involved multiple vendors . Introduced KPI metrics for performance reporting.
SR. TECHNICAL SPECIALIST / BUSINESS ANALYST
- Working within Global Transaction Services GTS Treasury Trade solutions / Securities Fund Services , Technical Project Manager and Business Analyst on following assignments Multimillion budget rollout across 50 countries in Asia, Europe and the Americas :
- Global Commercial Processor Platform Expansion: Requirements analysis and prioritization with business stakeholders for this multi-phased project. Defined and aligned technical rollout plans with business objectives. Coordinated and monitored UAT. Resolved 500 open items changes/issues/bugs . Monitored migration activities to deliver 5-year old data.
- Commercial Prepaid Product Launch: Delivered business requirements document and business case input to project initiation, capacity planning, technical infrastructure and resource allocation across US/Europe/Asia.
- High Severity Issues Escalation System: Analyzed, designed and implemented for the use of senior business stakeholders to measure operational KPI's included severity levels, automated alerts, and progress activity logs .
REQUIREMENTS MANAGER / SR. BUSINESS ANALYST
- As Lead Requirements Manager, on Reuters Global Network Infrastructure rollout that BT enabled , elicited requirements for the exchange of services, information and products.
- Implemented a new requirements management model. Consolidated multiple sources by removing anomalies and created a single point of reference for the whole program.
- Reduced requirements maintenance effort by 50 vs. via spreadsheets by deploying complete requirement set on centrally accessible Borland CaliberRM linked to BusinessObjects.
- Employment Tribunal Service ETS Confidential
- On ETS and ACAS Advisory Conciliation Arbitration Service Operational Workflow Linkage System,
- Consolidated requirements by analysing various Contract Schedules, Workshop Minutes and Change Requests. Advised steering committee on project task and resource allocation.
- Dell EMEA May 2006 Jul 2006 via: Miller Starr, MRM Partners Worldwide
- On Dell's EMEA customer marketing workflow Content Management System, conducted workshops to gather business and functional requirements using UML.
- Elicited multi-modules business requirements documentation that led to successful signoff.
- Delivered functional specifications to optimize business process and system performance.
- Proposed and implemented best practices for requirements traceability solution focused.
PRODUCT IMPLEMENTATION MANAGER / BUSINESS ANALYST
- Managed business relationships on projects in Asset Lease Finance domain.
- Managed and successfully led two implementations. Includes grievance rectification and issues resolution for a highly sensitive client by conducting onsite workshops.
- Devised and optimized 3rd party data interfacing standard analyzed approx. 40 feeds. This reduced maintenance efforts by 60 and enabled easier future implementations.
- Defined Requirement Management standards as CMM-5 process board member.
CONSULTANT BUSINESS ANALYST / PROJECT MANAGER
- On an Asset Lease Management product, devised action plan to enhance system features by analysing new business requirements. Provided support to the existing clients UAT and trainings.
- Streamlined processes by introducing formal procedures RUP/UML Requirement Specs Use Cases and Functional Specs Activity/Sequence/Collaboration diagrams .
- Devised suitable architectural changes keeping in view the functional and non-functional requirements. Successful rollout of redesigned system an upgrade from client-server to n-tier.
IMPLEMENTATION BUSINESS ANALYST Software Engineer
- On a Lease Finance workflow management system, analysed requirements for implementation planning. Delivered technical documentation using RUP/UML. Programmed in C , SQL and VB.
- Prepared RFP, Vision and technical design that resulted in securing two new contracts.
- Improved system architecture by analyzing multiple interfaces with 3rd party legacy systems. The new framework improved system efficiency by 30 and reduced operational cost by 15 .
IMPLEMENTATION LEAD / BUSINESS ANALYST Principal Software Engineer
- Implemented Asset Lease Finance systems. Used UML, Erwin, C , PowerBuilder and SQL.
- Successfully delivered two projects, that led to new multi-million business from customer. Received performance excellence awards for outstanding performance on both assignments.
- Optimized and automated manual business processes increasing business efficiency by 70 . Key areas include sales fulfilment, underwriting, settlements and assets data warehouse.
- Defined Software Product Engineering standards as CMM-5 process board member.
- Responsibilities mainly focused on design, development and maintenance of company's accounting product.
- Improved system performance by 50 by devising and implementing new architecture.
- Delivered 2 new implementations. Includes systems analysis, design and programming.
- Presented system to potential customers along with marketing that led to 3 new contracts.
- KEY TOOLS
- C , C , VB, VBA, .NET, Java/J2EE, XML, PowerBuilder Relational Databases RDBMS : Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, MS Access
- Borland Caliber RM, Business Objects / Infoview, Mercury Test Director / QC, JIRA, Confluence, ER Win data modelling , Visual Source Safe, Advanced MS Office Tools Usage Visio, Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint