- Senior engineer with extensive experience in large scale system design and implementation, especially the Virtual Machine VM , Multiple Virtual System MVS and Z/OS 30XX environments using COBOL II, CICS, and VSAM.
- Versatile and flexible team player, adaptable to new situations, technologies and opportunities with a background in coding and testing, teaching technical classes, presenting to large groups, and mentoring junior staff.
- Team lead, with expertise in effectively building consensus, managing resources, and participating in the entire Software Development Life Cycle SDLC , including requirements analysis, technical design, coding, implementation, and support of production applications.
- Highly-motivated and focused learner, able to quickly gain any concepts and skills necessary to perform effectively..
- Masters Degree in Software Engineering with an emphasis in relational database design and object oriented analysis and design. Final Capstone Project featured an object-oriented design in C with a SQL back end.
Strong capabilities in:
- Client Relations Technical Support Data Analysis and Management
- Conversion and Retrofitting Team Leadership Training and Mentoring
Lead Test Analyst
Led a team of business analysts in the testing of interfaces, electronic document management EDMS , automated voiced response AVR , and electronic data interchange EDI .
Team leadership, system analysis, test case design. Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Clear Quest, Microsoft Office.
Assisted in implementation of back releases of McKesson's HealthQuest product. Designed and implemented online solutions to identify and process clinical trials charges., post results from SearchAmerica demographics check..Provided problem analysis and solution designs for claims generation, archive reactivation.
System analysis, solution design, coding, and implementation. 30XX Z/OS, JCL, COBOL, CICS, TSO, Microsoft Office.
Converted software requirements from MS Office documents to IBM Rational Requisite Pro and completed tracing of requirements to design elements.
requirements analysis and design documentation. Rational Requisite Pro, Microsoft Office
- Successful creation of Claims Disposition use case deliverables for the New Hampshire MMIS implementation.
- Completed testing of web based claims entry for the Washington/Wyoming project.
- Completed data mapping for the Mississippi fraud and abuse extract and conversion
- Completed data validation testing for Florida reporting repository project. TOAD, SQL queries
- Requirements analysis and design documentation during the MMIS development process. Rational Requisite Pro
- Data mapping for browser pages and conversions.
- Tracing requirements to design to insure completeness of the application. Rational Requisite Pro
- Meeting facilitation and coordination.
Software Products and Consulting Services.
- Brought in two new key clients, as well as two new product offerings in one year.
- Expanded the range of consulting services into more products and platforms.
Developing marketing strategies and identifying opportunities for new products and services such as HIPAA compliance assessments and web portal applications.
- Reduced reported problem backlog for HealthQuest Patient Accounting.
- Spectrum Health: Performed multiple version upgrade of HealthQuest products, including analysis of client modifications and user requirements, retrofitting, and testing. 30XX MVS JCL, COBOL, CICS
- Designed, coded, and implemented a bidirectional interface for an NCO receivables collection service using COBOL, CICS, VSAM, flat files, and FTP file transfers in an MVS/UNIX environment. Performed all phases of the SDLC. Client: University of Arkansas
- Converted the Medicare and other claims submission process from tape/paper to electronic eliminating confusing debit and credit postings associated with typical pharmacy charging mechanisms. I was responsible for all phases of the SDLC using COBOL, CICS, VSAM. Client: Presbyterian Health Systems of Albuquerque
- Designing and implementing various applications, including an electronic claims submission process and a pre-bill edits process encompassing pharmacy credit processing.
- Analyzing requirements and performance, and designing and implementing effective solutions to retrofit and adapt various products according to customer requirements.
- Managing and monitoring client issues and keeping clients informed of progress.
- Providing technical support and assistance for ongoing system upgrades and enhancements and 24/7 support for core business systems.
- Acting as a mentor to junior consultants.
Redesigned the HealthQuest patient accounting product for Medicare and other payers MediPac , consisting of 50-60 screens, over 100 programs, and 20 VSAM files, over 100 flat files. Included converting MACRO level CICS to COMMAND level, creating documentation, and presenting to the user community on the upgrade.
- Led team meetings, participated in, and facilitated code reviews and walkthroughs.
- Managed team resources and evaluated team members for multiple projects.
- Presented at HBOC user group meetings and took part in client round table discussions.
- Developed and delivered training materials for employees and clients.
- Held full responsibility for the HealthQuest Medical Records release 2.0 product line including working with product advisory groups clients and presenting product updates to the HBOC User Group meetings.