- To join a team of competent, progressive and task - oriented professionals and to be a part of organizational growth and excellence by working in a challenging environment that welcomes creativity and enhancements of skills possessed.
- Over 6 years of comprehensive knowledge of Business Analysis methodologies, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Rational Unified Process (RUP), Waterfall and Agile (Scrum).
- Extensive experience in SharePoint to collaborate information, sharing documents, document versioning, and in project management activities.
- Experience in QA Analysis/Testing, Conversions, Customizations, Interfaces, Implementation of business applications using Client/Server and Internet Technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of Facets Billing, Enrollment and Claims processing
- Experience in writing Business Requirements Documents (BRD) and Functional Requirements Documents (FRD).
- Expertise in Microsoft SQL Server and Oracles.
- Proficient in SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, ETL and Informatica.
- Professional experience using advanced SQL coding, in various platforms, such as Oracles and SQL server for data mining and report generation.
- In-depth knowledge and extensive experience in Health care systems: FACETS, Medicare part A, B, C, D and Medicaid system
- Expertise in Claims, Subscriber/Member, Plan/Product, Claims, Provider, Commissions and Billing Modules of Facets
- Experience in capturing data requirements, data analysis & data mapping for Vendor feeds and Databases.
- Professional experience in the IT Industry using advanced SQL coding, over varied platforms like Teradata, Oracle.
- MySQL, DB2 and SQL server for data mining and report generation.
- Good knowledge of Data Modeling using Erwin, Visio, ETL tools, OLTP, OLAP tools, Star Schema, Snowflake
- Strong exposure todata warehouse ETL environment like Informatica
- Experience in matching requirements with Traceability Matrix.
- Experience in conducting Requirement Gathering sessions, Feasibility Studies and organizing the software requirements in a structured way.
- Good knowledge on EDI HIPAA transactions, ANSI X12 data files, Inbound and Outbound 83 Claims, transactions focused on were 270,271, 834, 835, and mainly on 837.
- Rich experience with various modules of Facets like membership management, premium billing, enrollment, claims processing & adjudication, benefits administration within Healthcare industry.
- Interviewing Subject Matter Experts (SME), asking detailed questions and carefully recording the requirements in a format that can be reviewed and understood by business and technical stakeholders.
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions. Implementing current Project Management methodologies and learning their characteristics, weaknesses and impacts as they relate to software development.
- Capable of writing complex SQL queries FACETS support systems were used to enable inbound/outbound HIPAA EDI transaction in support of HIPAA 834, 835 /271 transactions.
- Excellent knowledge of Medicare (Part A, B, C and D) and Medicaid Health Insurance Policies and reimbursement forms.
- Skills in developing Use Case diagrams, Sequence diagrams, State Chart diagrams, and Class diagrams.
- Exposure in creating and analyzing Data flow diagrams.
- Extensive use of UML/RUP for modeling views in Microsoft Visio.
- Worked with adhering HIPAA compliance and ICD 9 to ICD 10 conversions.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Business Tools: MS Office Suite, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Access, SharePoint
Business Skills: Requirement elicitation, Documentation, Quality assurance
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile
Database Tools: Oracle SQL Developer, SQL Server
Test Management Tools: Quality center, QTP
Confidential, Bentonville, AR
Business Analyst/Data Analyst
- Gathering and Reporting estimations on committed deliverable for each sprint.
- Conduct Elicitation with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) andBusinessusers for requirement gathering.
- Working withBusinessuser on creating and updating Product Backlog.
- Source Analysis, Data Analysis and Creating mock screens for theBusinessUsers.
- Documenting the requirements in Jira and are tracked throughout the sprint.
- Working on the Data model and finalized table design with DataAnalystand coordinating with the DBA in creation of tables.
- Conducting Scrum meetings every day and own the road blocks in the development team and work for the closure.
- Review and Sign off on the test cases created by QA.
- Conduct the retrospective end of each sprint and document the positives, improvements and lessons learnt from each sprint.
- Conducting training session to the store managers on the new reporting system.
- Conducting survey on the usability of the reporting system and documenting the improvements and suggestions from Store Managers, Regional Managers and Divisional Managers.
- Key Achievements
- Introduced Agile methodology in a waterfall driven project which resulted in developing 300% more reports within single release. This helped Store Managers to move out of the legacy reporting system much earlier than expected.
- Proactively moving a step ahead to take survey on usability of the new reporting system and documenting positives, improvements and suggestions from Managers which helped thebusinessuser to connect most of the dots that were unnoticed.
- Performed forward and backward mapping between the two standards and documented the required changes.
- Conducted meetings, Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and interviews with the business users to gather requirements.
- Involved in the processing of the claims on Facets and then sharing the test results with the business according to test acceptance criteria during their UAT phase.
- Created Business Requirement Document (BRD) for the whole project.
- Created use case diagrams, activity diagrams, and flow charts to depict the interaction between the various actors and the system.
Environment: MMIS, UAT, ORACLE, MS SQL Server, MS office, MS Visio, Quality Center, TOAD
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Business Analyst/Data Analyst
- Gathered, analyzed, refined and documented requirements for the resource reporting needs.
- Worked closely with the IT Architect and Power Users to analyze their reporting needs including attributes and metrics that would be needed in the data mart to develop the reports.
- Created mock reports to help the business visualize their requirements.
- Ensured that requirements are inspected and results submitted.
- Worked in conjunction with the business and technical teams to identify source of data and created source to foundation mapping documents.
- Created and maintained requirements traceability from objectives through testing.
- Performed gap analysis on data needed to go in to the mart in the next releases.
- Ensured that non-functional security requirements were addressed.
- Coordinated and participated in User Acceptance Testing.
- Performed activitiesneeded to deploy to production environments.
- Prepared presentations and communicated gaps from initiatives to senior management and to the broader organization.
Environment: SQL, Oracle, Quality Center, HTML, MS Office, Visio, SQL Server, MicroStrategy, Open Workbench, ERwin, Caliber, SharePoint
- Gathered functional system requirements from process owners and developed functional specifications for application enhancements.
- Worked with development / technical team members to ensure that the enhancements would meet the defined business requirements.
- Conferred with Business Users to Gather Requirements for the design and development teams.
- Involved in exporting data from the database to flat files.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, as well as conducted interviews with appropriate business/technical stakeholders.
- Validated EDI transaction sets as HIPAA 4010; 837, 835, 270/271
- Analyzed Business Requirements to produce System Requirements for the technical team
- Identified and documented UML Use Cases with Use Case diagrams.
- Worked with business users to define Business, Process, and Data Models to understand the overall business.
- Wrote high level and low level system requirements for the project.
- Conducted meeting with the EDI team and other stakeholders team members to discuss the requirements
- Worked closely with the business team, development team and the quality assurance team to ensure that requirements are understood as intended in order to achieve the desired output.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) Sessions for communication and managed Net Meetings.
- Analyzed “AS IS” and “TO BE” scenarios, designed new process flows and documented the business process and various business scenarios.
- Tested HIPAA EDI Transactions and Code Sets Standards such as 837/835 and 834 transactions.
- Wrote use cases and relevant UML diagrams such as Use Cases, Activity and Sequence diagrams
- Participating in all facets of the standard project life cycle and ensured smooth transition of projects to production support
- Maintained clear understanding of project goals by conducting walkthroughs and meetings involving various leads from BA, Development, QA and Technical Support teams.
- Worked with developers to test the iterations of the system under development (SUD) to ensure it met the user’s needs.
- Interacted and assisted the entire team on the testing tools and processes.
- Wrote and executed Test cases for the application when in UAT Environment.
- Involved in evaluation of the user request for new or modified program to determine feasibility, cost and compatibility with current system, and computer capabilities.
Environment: MS Office, Visio, RequisitePro, Quality Center, QDQ (Quality Development tool)
Business System Analyst
- Involved in various meetings with business user and SME to define Business
- Worked as the communication line in between the technical groups and the business group
- Strong visual modeling and business process modeling skills in Rational Unified Process (RUP) and Agile Modeling with tools like MS Visio
- Worked with team leaders and supervisors to ensure project and organizational deadlines are met
- Coordinated updates with client's staff and implement efficiencies in documentation maintenance.
- Conducted JAD sessions to complete the prerequisite for the Business Requirement
- Created Use Case, Sequence, Activity and Entity-Relation Diagrams to illustrate for testing effort
- Responsible for doing the gap analysis for the interfacing system.
- Extensively worked with HIPAA Privacy Facets application groups.
- Documented the Business Requirements Document (BRD) and the Functional Specification Document(FSD).
- For testing purposes, manipulated members’ information in the QA environment through Facets front-end application
- Used SQL queries for Data Validation and Verification
- Resolved/tracked production issues with Reports in Cognos and Mainframe.
- Facilitated requirements gathering activities, including meeting with users to discuss System Task Requests (STRs), Enhancements, and Project Assessment Quotations (PAQs) requirements.
- Conducted requirement feasibility analysis with the developers to ensure the project was in scope with the timeline defined in the project plan
- Created test plan, test data and conducted manual testing to validate functionality and performed regression testing
- Documented issues and resolutions, and wrote specific requirements for system changes.
Environment: Microsoft Outlook, Share Point, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Facets and Windows XP Professional
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes