- Over 7 years of experience as Business Analyst and System Analyst in the Information Technology Industry.
- In depth knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle SDLC process which includes Waterfall and Spiral methodologies, Rational Unified Process RUP and Agile methodologies.
- Active participation in discovery sessions, interviews, prototyping, document-reviews, plan setup, plan configuration with customers.
- Created UML Diagrams including Use Cases, Activity Charts, Sequence diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams and ER Diagrams using MS-Visio thus defining the Business Process Model and preparing complex functional requirement documents.
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development JAD sessions with end users, SMEs and stakeholders.
- Experienced in analyzing the existing Trading front-office risk business processes and systems Investment banking, Investments, Capital Markets, Financial Services, Wealth Management, Portfolio Management, Trading Systems, Fixed Income Securities.
- Involved in Client interaction and support to the marketing team. User meetings- resolve implementation and performance issues.
- Experienced in Enterprise Business Analysis, Requirements Management, Software / Web Usability, Information Architecture, and Training Materials Development consulting services to corporate clients and maintaining SLAs.
- Good knowledge of creating SQL Queries for Data Validation and Data Integration.
- Created Test Plan and executing Test Cases based on Design document and User Requirement document for testing purposes reports in Business Objects.
- Conducted GAP analysis, User Acceptance Testing UAT , SWOT analysis, Cost benefit analysis and ROI analysis.
Microsoft Windows XP/2000/9x, LINUX, SUN, AIX, HP-UX
Business Modeling Tools
Visio, Clear Case
Win Runner, Load Runner
Software Development Guidelines
SDLC, RUP, UML, Agile using Scrum and XP
Project, MS Office Excel, Power Point, Word, Access
MS SQL, MySQL, TeraData SQL, TOAD, Oracle.
Role: Business System Analyst
- Facilitated requirements gathering sessions with the business unit managers and subject matter experts to document requirements.
- Captured business requirements for Authorization system ATH for different debit card projects and written Functional requirement document to make technical team understand the scope and requirement of the project.
- Critically evaluated requirements gathered from multiple stakeholders accounting, corporate actions, pricing, operations and management groups - and reconciled conflicts.
- Assisted Project Manager by creating project charter, scope and schedule by using MS Project.
- Developed detailed project plan following AGILE development techniques encompassing all key disciplines including Business Modeling, Requirements, Analysis and Design, Implementation, Test, Deployment, Configuration Management.
- Conducted so many JRD and walkthrough sessions with business and IT team to clarify the requirement to IT team and the technical solution to the business team.
- Created User manuals for ATH and Card Management System CMS .
- Conducted various Joint Application and Design JAD sessions with various participants including Business, Deployment and Support personnel .
- Used RUP, UML methodologies to design, document, and manage requirements throughout the full lifecycle of the project
- Interacted with CMS for pulling out customers debit card information like: expiry, cash limit, POS limit, card holder's information and card status
- Cases and conducted Gap Analysis between the legacy system and new implemented system reports to maintain data integrity and consistency in their workflow process. Provided training to end users.
- Closely worked with Fraud Detection System FDS Front end and back end system to identify the suspicious fraud activity on debit card or check card. Created a system which will trigger alert for a suspicious fraud activity.
- Prepared High Level Logical Data Models and Business Requirement Documents BRDs supporting documents containing the essential business elements, detailed definitions, descriptions of the relationships between the actors to analyze and document business data requirements.
- Created business models following Unified Modeling Language UML approach determine and track the project milestones, deliverables and schedules to adhere to desired implementation date.
- Conducted and coordinated functional testing, integration testing and UAT. Analyzed various test results to identify the root cause of various issues/bugs.
- Involved in so many usability analysis, to make sure that user interface is not getting affected. Efficiency is increasing of system upon user understanding.
- Involved in so many script testing, like unit testing and regression testing before rolling them in production
Environment: MS Project, Visual Studio, CMS, ATH, UML, UAT, JAD, MS SQL Server, Agile, HTML, XML, SQL.
Role: Business Analyst
- Analyzed the current set of reports, related processes and identified all relevant data elements.
- Participated in review meetings held on System Requirements Documents as well as Functional Requirements Documents.
- Worked extensively on user requirements gathering, gap analysis, and development of functional speculations for critical mission accomplishing projects.
- Performed Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements.
- Prepared Business Requirement Documents BRDs after the collection of Functional Requirements from System Users that provided appropriate scope of work for technical team to develop prototype and overall system.
- Worked on Commercial lines Property and Casualty Insurance including both policy and claim processing and reinsurance.
- Exposed to Agile methodology.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, OOD using UML
- Performed requirement analysis, went through all the use cases and issue logs.
- Developed strategic partnerships with the business unit to prepare a solid knowledge base of the business line, including the business plan, products, and process and revenue streams aimed towards problem solving.
- Developed Test Plans and Test Cases according to Business Requirements.
- Provided clear and concise documentation regarding requirements management plans, Functional Requirements, supplemental Requirements, Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Conducted mass user interviews with brokers, enterprise user representatives and SMEs.
- Worked extensively with MS Excel
- Provide customer service and support for Property Casualty risk management needs
- Performed analysis on enterprise data/report integration provided functional specification to development team to build Enterprise Reporting Systems. Ensured appropriate change control processes are dully followed.
- Promoted and participated in User Acceptability Testing UAT .
- Involved in Manual Testing to check the functionality of the application.
- Participated in the Project Phase End Review
Environment: Agile, MS Visio, Windows XP, UNIX, MS Project., MS-Access, UAT.
Role: Coordinator IT Tech Services Group
- Act as internal Project coordinator for the overall activities of IT Tech services Group comprising of 7 teams.
- Assisted the project manager in developing use cases and project plans and also managed changes.
- Experience in feasibility study and risk analysis to identify the business critical areas from the user's perspective.
- Work also involved defining the scope of the project by doing gap analysis, preparing required artifacts, and then creating the functional documents for design and implementation of the project.
- Daily/Weekly reporting of outstanding issues to the management after segregating the list of issues within different areas.
- Responsible for initiating all the CRs raised by the client into the CR tracker, getting it approved by the product board and the development team taking it for design and development.
- Created use case diagrams, flowcharts and process models, by documenting business work flows both by text and by activity diagrams for the review of stakeholders.
- Participated in JAD sessions with different stakeholders, and facilitated in resolving their issues.
- Worked with creating system and user acceptance test case scenarios, and communicated with clients accordingly.
- Maintain Project Managers calendars.
- Generating reports on activities of each team on a weekly basis and conducting SWOT analysis on a monthly basis.
- Wrote Use cases and Modeled Use Case Diagrams, process design, mapping using MS Visio and Case wise.
- Involved in re-defining business process, documenting enhancements.
- Used Rational Unified Process as the Acquisition development life cycle.
- Set up meetings, conducted Walkthroughs, JAD sessions with Management, SME Subject Matter Experts , vendors, users and other stakeholders to flesh-out issues and to resolve open and pending issues and to develop specifications process management
- Analyzed and developed system requirements for Use Cases, Supplementary Specifications, UI specifications and other supporting documentation
- Conducted gap analysis between existing and future state systems
- Identified and documented business rules and created detailed Use Cases on different scenarios
- Worked with technical people and architects to manage the project according to requirements.
- Created and managed ad-hoc reports, project templates, Use Case templates, requirement types and traceability relationships.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining documentation related to the project including scope document, vision document, functional specification document, defect status report, risk analysis document, mitigation plans, and impact analysis document.
- Participated in Back end testing using TOAD.
- Developed the test plan, test conditions, test scenarios and test cases to be used in testing based on business requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge
- Assisted Project manager in different issues regarding project management
Environment: MS Visio, TOAD, SQL, MS Office, MS Access, Win Runner, Oracle and PL/ SQL.
Role: Project Coordinator
- Designed the business requirement collection approach based on the project scope and SDLC Methodology.
- Met with users to generate and review business test cases.
- Gathered requirements by using interviews, requirement workshops and brainstorming sessions.
- Performed Gap analysis for new functionality requirements, as well as prioritized them based on actual business needs so as to align them with the product release roadmap.
- Used RUP, UML methodologies and Requisite Pro tool to design, document, and manage requirements throughout the full lifecycle of the project
- Designed business models that served to identify requirements and communicate information between teams.
- Effectively work with third party vendor and senior management team to automate corporate actions and analyzed the subsequent effect stock valuation cost basis and residual balance method .
- Defined Business use cases and activity diagrams to represent different workflows and associations
- Based on the use cases assisted in the preparation of very high level test cases
- Created tables and ran queries in MS Access by importing data from different spreadsheets.
Environment: Window XP, UML, SQL, MS Office, MS Access, Win Runner, Java, Oracle and PL/ SQL.