- 10 years of experience in Business Analysis, documenting business and functional requirements, technical specifications, Requirement Traceability Matrix and User Guides across the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Possess a disciplined, professional and quality centered approach with strong analytical and problem solving skills. Able to work under pressure and in a dynamic cross-functional cross cultural-environment. Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent in communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Experience with process modeling techniques using UML, Use cases, data modeling, task diagrams, Sequence diagrams and Activity diagrams.
- In depth knowledge of Software Development Methodologies like Agile, Rational Unified Process.
- Experience in working with Broker Dealer services and Trading.
- Expertise in areas including Equities, Fixed Income, Investment Banking and Wealth Management. Knowledge in CMBS, Securitization and Structured Finance and OTC/Exchange traded Derivatives.
- Strong understanding of financial protocols such as SWIFT MT MX series , FIX, and FpML
- Experience working on a Global Project with stakeholders in different regions.
- Experience within a team oriented environment. Coordination of the development, design and execution of User Acceptance Testing.
- Proficient in Data Modeling and design using Logical and Physical Data Models and created ERmdiagrams.
- Extensive experience SQL, MS Visio, MS Project and MS office tools Like MS-Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access.
- Business Modeling Tools UML CASE Tools, Rational Rose, MS Visio
- Processes - RUP, Agile, Waterfall
- Requirements Management Rational RequisitePro
- Testing Tools - Test Director, HP Quality Center
- Databases MS Access, MS-SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PL/SQL
- Change Management Rational Clear Quest
- Project Management- MS Sharepoint, JIRA
- Followed Agile methodology
- Prepare a validation plan and framework for validating data from the data warehouse.
- Liaising with development team across various source systems and external vendors to understand the current state of data validations in place.
- Analyzed data requirements for downstream applications and marketing stewardship.
- Conceptualizing and mapping out a validation structure to improve the data quality and process improvement.
- Data analysis includes analyzing holdings/portfolio data across all instrument types: Fixed Income Corporate bonds, Munis, Treasury bonds , Equity, Asset backed securities and Derivatives.
- Develop test cases and scenarios for testing the accuracy of the validations.
- Facilitated daily standup meetings and weekly review meetings.
- Managing issues and resolutions required during month end marketing data load.
- Develop process flow diagram, flow charts and data flow diagrams.
Environment: Agile, Data warehousing, MS Office Suite, SQL DBX, SQL Server, Cognos, Autosys, Microsoft SharePoint, JIRA.
- Followed Agile methodology
- Liaising with the Corporate treasury Office team to gather requirements and create user stories.
- Worked with risk team to understand the roles and access rights of members to identify who have the rights to edit and do sign offs.
- Analyzed the data elements required for the application.
- Facilitated daily stand up meetings, Iteration planning and Iteration review meetings.
- Managed and prioritized user stories using JIRA. Worked with the development team to identify blockers and provide resolution.
- Develop test case scenarios and set rules for test data. Actively participated in defect review meetings. Organized and prioritized defects that were carried over to next iteration.
Environment: Agile, MS Office Suite, Oracle, Microsoft SharePoint, HP Quality Center, JIRA.
Senior Business Analyst
- Gather and document business requirements by interviewing business users.
- Point of contact for the development team as well as the business team with regards to implementation of the new application
- Understand the regulatory requirements related to the new application for collateral management.
- Understand the business logic behind calculations. Make sure the business logic is correctly documented to be used by developers.
- Analyze the current applications and collateral management tools in place to identify all gaps that could come up in the new application that is being developed.
- Understand and map the activities and process from the existing trading, accounting and collateral management systems
- Develop process flow and activity diagrams
- Analyze the data elements required in production for the new application. Analyze how these data elements are currently being used in the existing systems.
- Develop scenarios that would capture pivotal business operational and functional capabilities.
- Develop test cases and take part in business users acceptance testing.
- Environment: Agile, HP Quality Center, UML, TOAD for SQL, Microsoft Office Suite, Share point.
- Followed Agile methodology.
- Gathered requirements from various stakeholders and performed extensive requirement analysis including data analysis and 'as is' and 'to be' gap analysis
- Initiated Iteration planning meetings, review meetings and created iteration backlogs.
- Created and maintained product backlog for user stories and established acceptance criteria with product owner.
- Administered JAD sessions between the compliance and IT teams for detailed analysis of the existing system.
- Facilitated daily scrum meetings and assumed the role of scrum master.
- Checked and prioritized items in iteration backlogs using JIRA
- Conducting walkthroughs to the stakeholders.
- Setting rules for test data authorizations.
- Assisted in conducting integration and regression testing. Participated in defect review meetings at the beginning of each iteration to identify defects carried over from the previous sprint.
- Worked on User Acceptance testing, accomplished product user sign offs.
Environment: Agile, Windows XP, MS Word, MS Excel, TOAD for SQL, MS SharePoint, HP Quality Center, JIRA.
- Prepared Business Process Models including modeling of all the activities of the business from the conceptual to procedural level
- Worked with multiple asset classes such as Stocks, Exchange Traded Funds ETF and Fixed Income Securities
- Analyzed and documented existing process flows to capture essential elements of securities trading.
- Designed trade flow diagrams for cash and securities movement between investor, bank, stock exchange and depository participant
- Received and analyzed Brokerage statements from prime brokers step up brokers and determined the correct amount of fees, taxes and commissions based upon the market and quantity of shares
- Gathered high level business requirements from the various product groups through one-on-one user interviews and JAD sessions.
- Modeled the business and application using RUP methodology and UML.
- Conducted workflow analysis by crafting Activity diagrams, Use Case diagrams and logical Class diagram according to UML methodology thus defining the Data Process Models. Managed requirement changes by monitoring Version Control.
Environment: RUP, Windows XP, UML, Rational Rose, Mercury Suite, MS Office Suite, IBM Web Sphere, Oracle 10g, PL/SQL