A Consultant/Business Analyst with over 15 years experience bridging the gap between the needs of customers and the development by technical staff of systems for eligibility, claims, and other social services. Experience includes user training, design, testing, marketing and. Known as a person with demonstrated ability to develop successful working relationships with individuals from all educational backgrounds and employment levels. Able to troubleshoot and resolve problems as well as train others in accordance with established policies and procedures. An organized, goal oriented, team player, who has held leadership positions throughout. Excellent oral, written and presentation skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Visio, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook HP Quality Center Share Point, Clarity, TSRM
Business Analyst III
- Facilitate requirements gathering sessions and document current business practices for various in-house customers in preparation for conversion to new Life Insurance/Disability Insurance Legacy system known as CCP Common Customer Platform which is a warehouse for Disability, Long-Term Care, Critical and Catastrophic Illness policies Components for which work completed on include: Alpha which contains insured demographic information GIF Group Information File which contains Group Demographic and product information PMR Policy Master Record which houses detail and other trailer information for each policy Accounting and Lockbox which pertain to the processes involved in premium collection and application and the bill type be it payroll deducted or individual paid and PCES Producer Compensation Environment System which maintains broker demographic, compensation and product information.
- Point of contact for the conversion project to the development consultant team Consolidating and communicating test findings of ten business analysts of development consultant team Training and mentoring new staff in testing procedures, documenting results, and follow-up Divide tasks among staff and set deadlines and goals based upon project timeline and schedule. Conduct defect testing and validate prior to migration to production.
Senior Consultant/Marketing Analyst
- Lead consultant in the development of responses to proposals submitted by IBM to potential customers.
- Led a group of consultants in responding to the functional requirements stated in RFPs ensuring response met needs of the potential customer.
- Participated in the oral presentations of the proposed system to potential customers to demonstrate the benefits of the IBM solution.
- Analyzed peripheral systems to determine additional best fit options to add to IBM's primary solution giving the client the best bid and overall system integration.
- Proofreading other sections of the proposals for adherence to standards, grammatical correctness, appropriate response to customers pain points , and overall readability.
- Work with proposed COTS Commercial Off-The Shelf software and vendors in determining the appropriate solution to integrate within the RFP's response based upon knowledge of Human Services systems and requirements. Potential clients for whom the responses were created included Clark County, Nevada, and the States of New Jersey and Louisiana.
Senior Business Analyst
- System life cycle development for several successful large-scale welfare eligibility and Medicaid Management Information System MMIS projects. Projects included a Food Stamp, TANF, Medicaid eligibility system for the State of Georgia known as SUCCESS System for the Uniform Calculation and Consolidation of Economic Support Services A requirements validation and integration project for the State of Texas TIERS Texas Integrated Eligibility Response System An ABD Aged, Blind, Disabled Medicaid eligibility system for the State of Mississippi known as MEDS Mississippi Eligibility Determination System An MMIS system for the State of New Mexico Training Team Lead for an in-house development of a new PBM Prescription Benefit Management system for Consultec/ACS A MITA Medicaid Information Technology Architecture reengineering effort for MMIS systems for Consultec/ACS whose first customer is intended to be the State of New Hampshire.
- Facilitated requirements sessions JAD Documented requirements Developed milestone documents Served as liaison between client and technical staff during design phase Developed use cases for programmers Created and implemented system test plan Supported customer during User Acceptance Test Developed training curricula Delivered training curricula to end users Created Help screens and User Guides Developed online screens and windows CICS GUI .
- Served as Training Team Lead ensuring the successful development and delivery of training curricula to more than 300 users across the State of Mississippi.
- Interviewed potential employees, mentored team members, developed goals for yearly reviews, conducted weekly status meetings and completed and delivered performance evaluations.
- Wrote significant portions of proposals submitted as responses to States' RFPs over the course of tenure with ACS/Consultec which resulted in several major project wins.
- Served as Business Analyst Team Lead on a project for the State of Texas that came in four months ahead of schedule and under budget.
- Extensive use of Decision Tables and Decision Trees to document intricate business requirements leading to more accurate coding by technical staff.
- Performed Business Analyst duties associated with system changes as a result of Welfare Reform and HIPAA Privacy laws.
- Became proficient in Excel Visio Word PowerPoint RoboHelp Camtasia
- Served as helpdesk liaison for approximately 450 users of new on-line system for the state of Tennessee Department of Human Services. Determined eligibility for state and federal programs of TANF, Food Stamps, and Medicaid for clients making application. Maintained a caseload of 300 cases and referred clients to other agencies as warranted.
- Trained new employees and instructed all users when additions or enhancements were made to the system which reduced Counties' error rate.
- Resolved navigational problems, policy problems, and general questions ensuring smooth transition to new automated system.
- Subject Matter Expert involved in the development of a new Food Stamps, TANF, Medicaid online eligibility system known as ACCENT Automated Client Certification and Eligibility Network for Tennessee for the state of Tennessee Department of Human Services, ensuring better service to clients and decreased human error, through requirements documentation and validation, designing screen layouts, developing User Acceptance Test Plan, executing acceptance test prior to statewide implementation and documenting and tracking problems.
- Authored User's Guide and Procedures Manual, developed materials used in statewide training and trained end users which resulted in statewide reduction in case errors.
- Interviewed persons making application for State and Federal benefits of Food Stamps, TANF, and Medicaid Determined eligibility based on guidelines Maintained an ongoing caseload of clients receiving benefits and processed changes as required Referred clients to other agencies as required to meet other needs not provided by the Tennessee Department of Human Services or within other divisions aside from Family Assistance.