Business Analyst contractor
- Gather user requirements for large-scale deployments of SaaS-based university-wide IT applications.
- Lead requirements gathering and document process flows for the development of mobile apps for iOS and Android for obtaining health insurance quotes via mobile devices. Focused on authentication and security LDAP, AD, SIS requirements.
- Compose meaningful Business Requirements Documents, process flows, QA and test plans.
- Work as advocate for customer and serve as fluent intermediary between business units and technology/developer teams throughout the SDLC.
- Actively engaged in Business Process Re-Engineering and automation of manual processes.
- Highly skilled and comfortable as intermediary between users and highly technical teams programmers, GUI designers, analysts, network administrators . Translate business requirements into Business Requirement Documents BRD into Functional Requirements Documents FRDs .
- Write project plans, project charters, test plans and user training documentation.
Sr. Business Analyst/Sr. Project Manager
- Serve as lead Senior Business Analyst for this venture capitalist backed international health insurance firm. Through comprehensive requirements gathering methodologies, define and document true User requirements absorb and consolidate newly acquired insurance companies' financial information assets into single master database. Apply Agile methodology for coordinating and fulfilling this objective.
- Lead requirements gathering and document process flows for the development of mobile apps iOS and Android for obtaining health insurance quotes via mobile devices. Construct Business Requirements Document BRD and Functional Requirements Documents.
- Assess existing business processes and adopt best practices for streamlining business processes for newly acquired firms. Analyse reports, documents, and process flows to create unified enterprise-wide processes. Heavy concentration on business process improvement and business process re-engineering.
- Assert vigorous requirements gathering and validation, including JAD sessions and interviews to lead the consolidation of 716 enterprise-wise health insurance-related financial and accounting reports into 126.
- Elicit, develop, and write strong User Stories and use cases to effectuate maximum efficiencies and maintain high quality service for over one million insurance subscribers.
Sr. Consulting Business Analyst consultant
- Define, through formal requirements gathering processes, all project management requirements. Document and organize all requirements in detail. Review existing business practices and improved through Business Process Re-engineering.
- Analyze manual business processes and project manage the transition from paper-based transactions to Web services, including Intranet and Extranets.
- Negotiate, develop and execute standardized test and acceptance procedures. Wrote and executed User Acceptance Testing UAT .
- Business analysis process mapping and business process improvement for complex process/technology issues. Introduced Agile as standard process management methodology.
Sr. Business Analyst
- As Senior Business Analyst for this start-up Web services software development firm, designed and institutionalized best practices for requirements gathering, including templates, surveys, and process analysis. Heavily engaged in in-depth interactive user requirements gathering for multiple clients, including JAD sessions, stakeholder's interviews, workshops, documentation review and analysis, User groups, and one-on-one interviews.
- Re-launched Apple Bank's NY Web services with natural navigational structure. Re-engineered back end systems for efficiencies and improved security. This project lasted over one year. Implement SaaS application.
- Acted as Consultant/customer advocate throughout the SDLC provided on-time finished documentation products that met requirements and pleased stakeholders throughout the project SDLC. Aligned requirements gathering with the strategic goals of the organization.
- Wrote Business Requirements Documents, Functional Requirement Documents, Project Implementation plan, Risk plan, User Acceptance Test UAT plan, Quality plan, process maps, data flow diagrams and Use Cases in the course of business requirements gathering. Managed budget, resource allocation and staffing for all major Agile/Scrum projects.
- Managed implementation of user requirements for multiple B2B and B2C e-commerce Web services and Web development projects of varied sizes simultaneously. Participated in User Experience design, including composing wireframes and site navigation.
- Lead requirements gathering and Agile initiatives for large Web services development and retail e-commerce initiatives from concept through launch, often working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Negotiated with and managed 3rd party vendor involvement in content management systems, including commercial off the shelf COTS and proprietary projects. Coordinated with offshore contractors. Managed project schedules, project risk, and set deliverables.
- Mapped and adjusted site via data from Web analytics tools
- Communicated with clients in plain English and translated user requirements into technology terms when interfacing with technical teams
- Managed evolving and often conflicting client expectations through collaborative negotiations
- Shows strong leadership skills in reaching stakeholders' agreement and continuing consensus throughout all phases of SDLC using Agile methodology. Managed risk and wrote risk abatement plans. Documented and tracked change management.
- Build trust and confidence between PMO and clients via collaborative honest broker constructed system test and acceptance plans UAT . Prepared training material and trained system users.
- Reduced bounce rate on Best Buys Web site. Redesigned interactive shopping cart features and reduced shopping cart abandonment from 67 to 48 by adding new interactive features such as similar product comparisons and other innovative/interactive features.. Also increased site page views,
- Standardized project management using PMI's PMBOK practices. Documented processes and established agency-wide best practices and policies.
- Adopted and trained coworkers on software development methodologies, including Agile, Waterfall, and hybrids
- Completely comfortable working in an ambiguous and pressurized environment
- Consistently delivered stakeholders' projects on time and within defined budget
Senior Project Manager Web Services Program Management Office
- Secured significant funds to vastly extend, improve and consolidate all Web services under a single Program Management Office PMO . Introduced and adopted Agile as primary SDLC methodology for the FAA Web initiatives. Implemented comprehensive proprietary content management system CMS .
- Team Leader of PMO. Trained subordinates on best Agile practices. Highly focused on team-building and collaborative sharing of knowledge
- Adopted PMI best practices and standardized SDLC methodologies, including Waterfall and Agile for Web Development projects. Briefed senior management on progress and results of agency-wide Web initiatives.
- Hands-on work on all Web development phases, including requirements gathering and analysis, budget, timelines, User Experience, GUI design, documentation, wireframes, Web design, Web Development, User Acceptance Testing UAT , product release and ongoing management of the entire www.faa.gov domain using Agile methodology
- Procured and deployed enterprise-wide search facility
- Procured enhanced enterprise-wide Web analytics WebTrends software to capture data on 43 FAA Web sites and portals. This increased site navigability and led to recalibration/navigational calibration of site architecture, improved UX and navigational structures, thus improving customer satisfaction.
- Implemented enterprise-wide document management system for agency System repository included all FAA regulations, technical specifications documents, graphical data for 24,000 users
- Developed national training program to assure easy transition from non-centralized regulatory repositories to structured, searchable and current document libraries
- Established Web Executive Steering committee to keep senior management engaged in Web program initiatives
- Integrated very large internal financial and payroll databases and converted to easy-to-use Intranet applications..
- Managed sixteen - person team highly invested in cooperative and collaborative largely self-managing teams of fellow professionals
- Collaborated with FAA Human Factors Laboratory to design customer-centric Web sites
- Established FAA Web Configuration Control Board to improve efficiency and stability of sites
- Wrote RFOs and RFPs for procurement of goods and services.
- Certified US Government Contracting Officers' Technical Representative COTR . Facilitated FAA enterprise-wide group of Subject Matter Experts to develop a comprehensive FAA taxonomy and searchable, meta-tagged libraries
- Wrote agency-wide policy for Web design, Web content and content standards
- Served as DOT representative to White House Working Group on implementation of Section 508 standards for federal Web sites, and represented DOT to White House Working Group as Subject Matter Expert for government-wide Privacy Act policy.
- Implemented and managed WebTrends reporting/analytics tool to maximize www.faa.gov domain's performance and provide qualitative data to LOBs