- Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Certified Business Analyst professional with extensive experience in analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of software packages in a rapidly changing and competitive market. Worked with Internal Audit, IT and Business Partners to ensure SOX Compliance on new and existing systems.
- Business/Systems Analysis: Facilitated JAD sessions, authored Business Requirement Documents, created Use Case documentation and contributed to project plans to bring numerous projects in on time and under budget. Provided daily system support for vendor packages, including systems using SSIS packages.
- Quality Assurance: Tested and managed a Quality Assurance group which delivered exceptional results. Created a training package in MS PowerPoint for new hires to accelerate learning curve. Authored QA Conversion Test Plan and Workbooks for the Workers' Comp Claims Conversion project. Led team of 5 testers for Side-by-Side testing of Converted Claims.
- Leadership: Led monthly meetings for to track the progress of on-going projects and estimate delivery dates encompassing all business and IT areas. Mentored junior staff to assist in knowledge sharing. Led process for identifying enhancements to current systems to meet customer needs in addition to SOX compliance and DR testing.
Senior Business Analyst consultant
- Meeting with customers, development staff, and design team to obtain requirements for the Workmans' Comp Claims Conversion project to document GAP Analysis and data warehouse mapping.
- Meeting with outside vendor for record layouts, outstanding issues, design flow and schedule for deliverables.
- Lead Business Analyst for detailing Controls and Balancing specifications to meet SOX requirements. Authored BRD which includes Visio diagrams for clarification.
- Working with other BA Team members to create Business Requirement Documents for over 30 front and back end interfaces including medical billing and internal interfaces needed for the Claims Conversion from WINS to AON which includes SSIS packages.
- Assisting the QA Test Team by authoring QA Conversion Test Plans and Workbooks.
- Performed data cleansing for Workers' Comp Conversion Project, including documenting transformation mapping requirements.
Senior Business Analyst consultant
- Creating bi-weekly dashboards for senior management by coordinating with Project Managers globally.
- Development of project documentation, report matrixes, testing materials and training materials.
- Requirements gathering including downstream and upstream interface requirements and adhering to a project management methodology.
- Creating presentations for senior management and providing support for audit response coordination.
- Lead role as the IT Business Analyst for conversion of the Abandoned Property system from the mainframe to SQL Server.
- Liaison between vendor, developers, technical staff and customer group to determine conversion process and achieve a smooth transition to the new system using GAP analysis.
- Authored workflow procedures for mandatory compliance changes to insure SOX compliance.
- Planned meetings with management of customer area and created a spreadsheet in MS Excel that documented the data mapping of fields from one system to another. Customers utilized this document as a tool to learn the new system.
- Wrote the Business Requirements Document BRD in MS Word detailing business rules, requirements, risks, constraints and testing requirements, and received customer approval.
- Authored program specifications in MS Word and MS Visio for the conversion process and the new daily feed of migrated checks to new system.
- Created a training package in MS PowerPoint on the process to import the daily feed of migrated checks from the Bank Reconciliation system and trained 10 users. Assisted in UAT of system.
- Lead Business Analyst for new State and Reissue Check Applications
- Researched, designed and documented diagram maps and received approval from business area
- Created prototypes in MS Word and provided overview of new process for training of users
- Collaborated with IT areas and customer group for downstream testing.
Systems Analysis and Quality Assurance roles
- Assisted the IT Tax area in improving their Quality Assurance process, which included reviewing changes requested, expected results, completed code, and back up documentation. Authored a new check list detailing new QA process steps to be followed, ensuring quality of results for continuing SOX compliance.
- Developed the process for SOX control balancing of the Bank Reconciliation System. Designed flow charts which are being used by Internal Audit, which reflect the process flow of checks being issued, in addition to paid transactions received from the Bank, are processed in the system.
- Rewrote the Recertification process to comply with SOX Compliance. Scheduled meetings between the Customer Team, Internal Audit and IT staff to determine of the functions available within the system, the one's that deal strictly with check amount alterations.
- Led monthly international reporting meetings, which encompassed providing current status for on-going projects and information on future projects involving IT and customer areas for Chubb worldwide.
- Primary contact for SOX Audits and Controls, annual recertification of the system users, and creating Run Books and Test Plans for Disaster Recovery testing.
- Mentored staff on numerous banking and data warehouse systems for on-call responsibilities and daily customer support. Training included not only the online systems, but the dynamics and flow of the daily batch systems.
Systems Coordinator, Systems Analyst II.
- Coordinated all aspects of the Y2K conversion of the Purchasing system including analysis of changes needed, writing program specifications, testing and implementation using ChangeMan. This included extensive communications between several divisions to insure the quality of the output.
- Converted reports currently generated in the Accounts Payable and Purchasing systems to an online viewing facility using outside vendor's software. This included extensive communications with the vendor in order to correctly distribute reports to the proper users.
PRIOR REVELANT EXPERIENCE
Programming Analyst, Programmer, Acceptance Test Consultant, Acceptance Test Examiner/Approver.
TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE and PC SKILLS:
MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Visio, Lotus Notes.
SSIS, Cobol/Cobol II, CICS, FOCUS, VSAM, SQL, MVS/JCL, TSO, ChangeMan, FileAid, EDI, DB2, SharePoint.