Business Analyst / Project Leader / Information Technology
Functional and Technical Design, Systems Integration and Migration, Full Life Cycle Development, User Acceptance Testing, Training and Education, Sales Support, Technical Writing, End-User Liaison, Client Contact, Requirements Gathering, Statement of Work Preparation.
Business Analyst / Project Manager
- Manage and lead full lifecycle of software sales from analyzing current workflows, gathering business rules and requirements, developing specifications, creating budgets, finalizing documentation, managing installation and closing of the project.
- Apply logic and analytical ability where problems are very unusual, difficult, and in remote client environments.
- Generate weekly status reports for Management and Clients i.e. Score Card, Financials Issues List .
- Identify track project risks mitigate risks that jeopardized project deliverables.
- Ensure project documentation is complete, consistent and up to date.
- Create and manage Change Requests when applicable
- Play a key role in post installation client follow up and finding new opportunities for our products and professional services. This new business increased revenue 30 after the sale of our product.
- Created four document templates for improved customer service. These templates included Statement of Work, Scope Definition Document, Use Cases, and System Requirements. These documents outlined client purchases and installation set ups. This process eliminated change requests by 40 .
Environment: Applications: Office, Powerpoint, Visio, Project, Oracle, SQL, salesforce.com,.
Business Systems Analyst / Project Manager
- Manage full lifecycle of software deployment from analyzing current systems, gathering business requirements, developing specifications, obtaining design and budget sign off from the client, managing development, testing, then finalizing documentation and closing the project.
- Ensured project documentation was complete, consistent and up to date.
- Managed internal and external company support systems with a staff of four technical support specialists.
- Partnered in sales efforts by providing product technical support and demonstrations for prospective clients.
- Directed all development team communications pertaining to customer requests, enhancements, and upgrades, including project specifications, documentation, and prioritization.
- Key Accomplishment
- Played a key role in product bolt ons and custom templates for our clients. This new business increased support revenue 50 after the sale of our product.
- Created and implemented a support call campaign for existing and potential customers based on education and documentation, resulting in a 60 expansion in customer base across four product lines, 14 increase in contract renewals, and 200K yearly revenue growth.
- Environment: Hardware: HP3000, HP9000, SUN, AS400, IBM390, All PC brands, HP File Servers,
- Cicsco Routers. Applications: Windows, Office, MS Access, Powerpoint, Visio, Project, MPE,
- HPUX, Oracle, SQL, Lawson, Goldmine, Crystal, Datatel, RIMS, Summit, Caetus, VB,
- JCL, DOS, Transact, Cobol, Inform, Various homegrown systems, MANMAN.
Senior Business Analyst
- Coordinated communication between the Policyholder Relations Department and the Development Team.
- Followed projects from specifications through testing into production phase.
- Key Accomplishment
- Created a Business Specification Template used by business analysts to gather and document specifications, which was used as the benchmark template throughout the project lifecycle for development, testing, and production release.
Environment: Hardware: HP Servers. Applications: Windows XP, Powerpoint, Visio, Project, Notes
Senior Business Analyst / Programmer Analyst
- Led Louisiana Y2K project managed 10-person team in performing vendor package upgrades, program mitigation, and desktop refresh.
- Managed Y2K mitigation of maintenance and purchasing system for 11 facilities encompassing 1,000 users.
- Created project plan for Y2K mitigation of multiple Canadian applications, including all aspects of business operations sales, financial, payroll, human resources, etc. .
- Established a project plan for Y2K acceptance testing of a plant costing system.
- Wrote specifications for purchasing system utilized by 11 facilities.
- Collaborated with internal sales clients to develop specifications for a Price Deviation Request System managed an outside consultant hired to complete the programming.
- Supported plant cost system used by 15 facilities.
- Designed, programmed, and implemented a bar coded cylinder tracking system and a RFP system for Regional Purchasing and Corporate Purchasing departments at six facilities.
- Supported a maintenance system, including first line support and programming based on user specifications.
- Key Accomplishment
- Managed programming team during upgrades to purchasing software, a project that reduced procurement cycle time by 75 and decreased the amount of orders processed by materials management by 50 .
- Played a key role on the Corporate Financial team charged with reengineering month-end closing procedures, leading to time reductions of 66 .
Environment: Hardware: HP3000, HP9000, IBM390, All PC brands, HP File Servers,
Applications: Windows, Office, Powerpoint, Visio, Project, MPE, HPUX, Oracle, SQL, Crystal, JCL,
DOS, Transact, Cobol, Inform, Various homegrown systems, SAP, SAS.