- Excellent knowledge of industry standard methodologies like Software Development Life Cycle SDLC , Iterative Software Development Life Cycle Process as per Rational Unified Process RUP , CMM Capability Maturity Models , and Rational Tools used during various phases of RUP and BPM Tools.
- Excellent writing skills in preparing business requirements documents BRDs , functional requirements documents FRD , system requirements specifications SRS , system design specifications SDS .
- Proficient in creating Use Case diagrams, Class diagrams, State diagrams, Sequence diagrams, Collaboration diagrams and Activity diagrams using UML methodology.
- Experience in business process analysis/modeling, business requirements gathering, Technical Documentation, Database design and development of Web Based, and Client/Server applications.
- A Business Analyst with over 7 years of experience in the field of Finance/ Accounting, Insurance and Healthcare domain.
- Adequate knowledge in EDI/HIPAA health information health care services regulatory environment working knowledge and compliance experience along with proficiency in using ICD10/ CPT/ANSI/HL7 coding standards.
- Comfortable with gathering requirements and analysis for a Service Oriented Architecture, Identity Management, Mainframe, Legacy Migration, COTS Solution and working with global teams.
- Extensive knowledge in RDBMS, Data Warehousing, OLAP and OLTP. Proficient in creation of source to target data mapping documents in a data warehouse environment and execution of SQL queries in a data warehouse environment.
- Experience with designing and verifying databases on Oracle and SQL Server RDBMS using Entity-Relationship Diagrams ERD .
- Involved in identification of Facts, Measures, Dimensions and Hierarchies for OLAP models.
- Excellent knowledge on data modeling techniques - Star Schema and Snow Flake Schema.
- Experience in building retrieving data using Universes and used functionalities like Combined Queries, Slice and Dice, Drill, Crosstab and Master Detail Reports.
- Worked on BO Designer Functionalities like Derived Tables, Linked Universes, Index aware, Contexts, Aliases, complex joins, Customized LOV's, Cascading Prompts and Aggregate Awareness for the Optimization and Performance tuning of Database.
- Experience in facilitating Joint Requirement Planning JRP sessions with Business User Groups, conducting Joint Application Development JAD sessions with IT Groups and Conflict Management with Project team members.
- Well versed in Change Management, Gap Analysis, User Acceptance Testing UAT , Quality Assurance Testing QAT , SWOT analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis, ROI analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with new business requirements.
- Experience with building reports-SSRS, Crystal Reports, dashboards for analytics - Performance Point Services and collaborative team sites using Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 .
Microsoft Windows 8/7/2003/XP/NT, Unix, Linux Ubuntu , Win 9X Win Server 2003
Agile, Waterfall, Spiral, RUP Process and Prototyping
Internet Languages/ Web Applications
UML, HTML, SQL
Databases and Tools
SQL Server 2005 and 2008, My SQL, Distributed DB, Oracle 9i/10/11g, Oracle ATG Commerce, MS Access, MySQL, PL/SQL, TOAD
IBM Rational Manual Tester, Quality Center, QTP,JIRA
Microsoft Project Professional
Rational Clear Quest 7.1, Requisite Pro v7.1
Rational Clear Case, Rational Rose, Rational RequisitePro, Rational Robot
Dynamic CRM 2013
BO Enterprise XI 4.0/ XI 3.1 / XI R2, Universe Designer XI 3.1, SAP BO.
Business Intelligence / Reporting
SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS , Performance Point Services, MSBI, Informatica, Doors.
Content Management System
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
MS Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
Sr. Business Analyst
- Designed and updated source-to-target mappings for conversion of loan level attributes
- Identified Use cases from the requirements and wrote Use Case Specifications
- Created business process workflow diagrams Activity diagrams in Rational Rose
- Link business processes to organizational objectives, perform critical path analysis, and identify opportunities for business process improvement
- Created Use-Cases and Business Use-Case Model after accessing the status and scope of the project and understanding the business processes
- Managed and edited EDI enterprise data infrastructure conversion documents in DOORS
- Worked directly with UAT team to create test cases
- Designed dashboards to reflect system tests execution of GAAP test cases
- Published and maintained design documents in SharePoint
- Managed changes to scope via change control
- Designed conversion data glossary which captures the mapping of physical names from the source data
- Provided process flows and a summary level flow of the various conversion activities through design documents
- Analyzed and performed queries on data in ADW/RDW databases using TOAD
- Led team meetings and presented scope documentation to team members via WebX software
- Created Data Flow Diagrams to illustrate Enterprise Data Flow Pattern.
- Created ER diagrams using MS Visio
- Produced Functional design specifications using Use Case scenarios and sequence diagrams
Environment: Windows 8, Toad, IBM Rational, DOORS, Informatica, Excelsius, MS-Office, SharePoint 2010, Oracle 11g, Cisco Jabber, WebX, MS Visio
Sr. Business Analyst
- Involved in the analysis of the functional, technical specifications, data mapping document and conceptual diagrams.
- Wrote system requirements specification SRS and functional requirements specification FRS and Data Requirement Matrix DRM documents as per the business requirements and process flow.
- Documented user stories and modeled use case diagrams by utilizing MS Visio.
- Conducted Joint Application Development JAD sessions to develop and agree upon a system that focuses on a Business Requirement.
- Created Use Case Models, Wireframes Mock-ups, ,Analysis Models, Design Models, Use Case Diagrams, Behavior Diagrams sequence diagrams, activity diagrams based on UML methodology
- Wrote process flow and business case documents of existing processes.
- Actively involved in design of wireframes for the different UI's with UX architects by mitigating the requirement and business validation rules.
- Defined frameworks for the application development and analyzed the areas of improvement
- Highly interacted with the development team and claim settlement experts making sure that the development of the project is meeting the business requirements.
- Jointly responsible for monitoring the progress of the system development by preparing status reports.
- Conducted daily interaction with the development team, stake users, business executives and Quality assurance to coordinate all the engineered process.
- Analyzed the security implementation of the application with respect to user's perspective.
- Worked with the data architecture and data analyst team in designing the model and in creation of the data mapping documents.
- Worked on MS CRM Dynamics for handling the customer claim inquiries, Validation and case creation.
- Prepared test data for the functional test cases, manual test planning and creation of the test cases based on the user expectations.
- Evaluated test results and prepared test summary reports. Performance testing analysis was also done by analysis the results from balance and load tests.
Environment: Agile, Lotus Notes, SharePoint Server 2010, Dynamics CRM 2013, JAVA, AS400 OS400, MS-Office, SAP Business Object, Implementer, VPMS , SQL Server 2008 R2, .NET Framework 3.5.
- Managed Project scope, milestones, risks and user acceptance tests with internal and external stakeholders.
- Conducted meetings with users and other stakeholders to elicit, organize and document the requirements and also created project status reports and feasibility reports for stakeholders.
- Gathered and analyzed the requirements and converted them into Business Requirement Specifications BRS and Functional Requirement Specifications FRS for the designers and developers and QA Team to understand them as per their perspective.
- Designed and developed use cases, activity diagrams, and sequence diagrams using NetBeans.
- Extensively facilitated meetings/conference calls with stakeholders, project managers, developers, QA Analysts and other end users based onsite/offshore to deal with business and technical issues and to resolve the issues.
- Created As-Is Business Models to understand the existing claim settlement process flow through interacting with SMEs, underwriters and Finance department.
- Shared knowledge by performing Impact Analysis on transition from ICD 9 - ICD 10, made suggestions on UI and other changes required to be met during transition.
- Worked intensively with Medicare Medicaid claims and claims processing for HIPAA 5010 X12 transactions.
- Involved in requirements gathering and preparing the technical system design and System Design analysis of the flow of EDI transaction sets 834, 835, 997.
- Performed Gap Analysis for new functionality requirements, as well as prioritized them based on actual business needs so as to align them with the product release roadmap.
- Involved in testing the conversion of the application by generating test scenarios in test plan document.
- Validated data at the back-end to ensure that all the Claims related data had been loaded to the corresponding Data Sets in the back-end and the pricing for these Claims was completed as per the Standards.
- Analyzed the results, generated reports and tracked the defects using Quality Center.
- Created and maintained the Test and Traceability Matrix.
- Researched and wrote backlog of user stories, test cases for QA teams, defects and tech debt for 3 SCRUM teams and maintained backlog in JIRA tool.
- Conducted System, Integrated and Regression testing to the application using Business, Functional, User Acceptance and Usability testing.
- Prepared test data in HIPAA compliant X12N format for both inbound and outbound healthcare EDI transactions.
- Trained implementation managers to work on the new application.
- Generated SQL scripts for Development and testing purposes.
- Actively participated in all phases of testing lifecycle Design, Planning, Development and Results .
- Involved in Inception Phase and prepared vision statement and initial data model contain Business
- Requirement Documents and supporting documents that contain the essential business elements and detailed definitions.
- Working with clients to better understand their needs and present solutions using structured SDLC approach.
- Captured requirements based on Basel II internal ratings based approach IRB . Allowing certain extent on estimation of credit risk.
- Gathered user and business requirements through open-ended discussions, brainstorming sessions and role-playing.
- Documented the user requirements Analyzed and prioritized them and converted them as system requirements that must be included while developing the software.
- Captured rules under Basel II Pillar 2 create a new supervisory review process. Which requires Freddie Mac to have an internal processes to assess their capital needs and appoint supervisors to evaluate an institutions' overall risk profile, to ensure that they adequate capital in compliance with Basel II.
- Analyzed data and created class diagrams and ER diagrams for designing databases.
- Suggested web security using encryption and authentication technologies for reporting and complaint filing procedures.
- Planned and defined Use Cases created Use Case diagrams, Scenarios and Use Case Narratives using the UML methodologies.
- Created Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and ER Diagrams.
- Built, Maintained and deployed cubes in Micro strategy for reporting purposes
- Created Mock-up forms in MS word for better visualization and understanding of the software solution.
- Tracked change requests and monitored workload and schedule.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with management, development team, users and other stakeholders to refine functional requirements.
- Converted various SQL statements into stored procedures thereby reducing the Number of database accesses.
- Scheduled meetings with developers, System Analysts and testers to collaborate resource allocation and project completion.
- Created and managed project templates, use case templates, requirement types and tractability matrix in Requisite Pro.
- Managed workload, schedules and coordinated status review meetings with project managers, business managers and team members.
- Authored progress and completion reports which were then submitted to project management on a weekly basis in MS project.
- Identified various frequently used modules with in the application as well as the peak user volume for load testing purposes.
- Analyzed the test results from QA teams using Performance Studio Analysis to create various scenarios.
- Developed strategies with Quality Assurance group to implement Test Cases in Test manager for User Acceptance Testing.
- Collaborated with Quality Assurance Analyst in Automated and Manual Black box testing.
Environment: ASP.NET, .NET Framework 3.5, Windows Server 2008, UNIX / Oracle Platform, Toad , MS Visio, RUP, Rational Rose 2002, Basel II, interwoven, Rational Clear Quest, Rational ClearCase, Rational requisite pro, UML, Rational Test Manager, Rational Robot
- Interacting with the stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirements.
- Integrated RequisitePro with ClearQuest and ClearRose to provide all teams visibility and maintain tractability among requirements, use cases and change requests
- Managed all the requirements in RequisitePro, making requirements available to all team members.
- Designed Data Flow Diagrams DFD's , Entity Relationship Diagrams ERD's , and web page mock ups using modeling tools.
- Performed Data Analysis of existing data through SQL.
- Converted various SQL statements into stored procedures thereby reducing the Number of database accesses.
- Created surrogate key tables to map the required dimensions.
- Data transfers from text files and Access databases using BCP and DTS Data mapping and transformations while loading data using VBScript
- Created hash tables used for referential integrity and/or otherwise while transforming the data representing valid information.
- Used Query Analyzer, Execution Plan to optimize SQL Queries
- Enabled Proper selection of the hash table design parameters for faster table look-up.
- Created re-usable components using shared containers for local use or shared use.
- Imported and exported repositories across projects.
- Created Error Files and Log Tables containing data with discrepancies to analyze and re-process the data.
- Created test plan and test cases for user acceptance testing. Used Rational testing tools.
- Conducted informal Sessions to develop an architectural solution that the application meets the business requirements, resolve open issues, and change requests
- Used the Unified Change Management from Rational to track changes to multiple artifacts by versioning artifacts, associating requirements to specific change request/defects to streamline the defect/change tracking process.
- Performed Feasibility Analysis and Risk Analysis on vendor/third party tools.
- Assured that all Artifacts are in compliance with corporate SDLC Policies and guidelines.
- Coordinated and prioritized outstanding defects and enhancement/system requests based on business requirements, allowing sufficient time frame to ensure accuracy and consider deadlines.
- Monitored client expectations and conducted user interviews
Environment: Rational Rose, Rational RequisitePro, DB2, Rational Clear Quest, Rational manager, Rational Administrator, SQABasic, DOORS, SQL, VB.Net, VBScript, Oracle, IBM Business Modeler, SEI, UML.