- Over 25 years of diversified and progressive experience in the computer industry
- Strong in analyzing and interpreting needs and providing systemized approaches to problems
- Strong communication skills including written, verbal, and interpersonal
- Desire to apply these analytical skills in the Los Angeles, CA area
- Oversaw the implementation of the AiM formally known as FMax product from AssetWorks formally known as Maximus . I was responsible for training the facilities maintenance supervisors, inventory team, and executive teams in the various aspects of the application. Also worked in the application as system administrator, doing set ups and tweaking roles and responsibilities.
- Oversaw the implementation of the Clarity application from Caselle. I was responsible to be the liaison between the user department and the implementation company. I worked with the user department to transition from their legacy systems to the new application.
- Supervised team of seven programmer/analysts in implementation and support of the Police Department's Records Management System, and support of various legacy mainframe and legacy PC-based police systems.
- Supervised team of eight programmer/analysts in support of the legacy mainframe payroll system and the legacy PC-based HR systems.
- For both teams, was responsible for interviewing and selecting contractual resources needed for various openings reviewed and assigned service requests from within the client department and from other departments maintained project plans for both expected normal operations and project operations reviewed and approved contractual time worked with executive management of the client department to provide them with statuses, answers, and technology leadership.
- Completed full life cycle for the Oracle Government Payables module Discovery phase, Design phase, Build and Test phase, Deployment phase, and Maintenance phase . This included:
- Defining and documenting test scripts for Y2K Testing, User Acceptance Testing, System Testing, Unit Testing, and testing of customizations of forms and reports
- Coordinating with developers to resolve any issues and to conduct and review Quality Assurance Tests
- Utilizing the AIM Methodology to develop various functional and technical documentation including the process flows, systems designs, and proposed solutions to business problems
- Interviewing users and managers to identify information, gather business processes and requirements
- Analyzing the requirements for the migration of data from legacy financial systems to the Oracle Payables module and recommending migration strategies
- Worked as Accounts Payable subject matter expert to provide Help Desk support to 2000 users. This included:
- Assisting the user with day-to-day operational questions
- Simulating user reported problems and working on them to provide solutions
- Testing and implementation of patches provided by Oracle
- Working with Oracle to provide workarounds to user
- Provided on-site, one-on-one training for users to work on problems related to a new system
- Worked with user to identify, document, and resolve problems in existing processes
- Utilized Oracle Discoverer 2000 to develop ad hoc reports to support Finance Administration and various agencies when a standard Oracle report was not adequate and a custom report was not available
- Maintained Project Workbench plan for the maintenance phase of the project for Payables and tracked time against the plan
- Analyzed user department's needs and state-mandated changes for incorporation into existing Real Property Assessment System code
- Developed, coded, enhanced and tested modules in the Real Property Assessment System utilizing XGEN and COBOL74 in a COMS environment an UNISYS A-19
- Converted existing programs from COBOL68 to COBOL74 or XGEN
- Provided documentation using WordPerfect , training and assistance on the use of modules in the Real Property Assessment System
Contractor, Technical Support Assigned
- Developed, coded, and tested modules in replacement payroll system using XGEN in a COMS environment on an UNISYS A-19
- Wrote, edited, standardized, and published technical documentation for municipal government system using WordPerfect 5.1.
- Researched and analyzed existing payroll software modules to be included in the replacement payroll system.
- Coordinated efforts with team members to perform user access and maintenance, data storage, and other daily support in a Novell environment.
- Utilized SuperProject Expert to track time expended on various aspects of the project.
Technical Support Analyst
- Supported system software on the A-Series and large Burroughs mainframes. This included:
- Installing system software on internal mainframes
- Analyzing and reporting problems with system software to appropriate development teams and the plants.
- Consulted with user groups on implementation and use of system software features.
- Developed, coded, and implemented applications to utilize new features and enhancements in system software using ALGOL, DMALGOL, BDMSALGOL, and DCALGOL in the COMS and GEMCOS environments.
- Wrote software review and evaluation documentation for technical managers and the technical director, including a concise description of the new software, possible implementation and usage, and suggested standards using OFIS Writer on the B-20.
- Successfully enhanced two major applications to incorporate requested new features. Enhancements were requested by the user communities and were made quickly and efficiently using COBOL and ALGOL in the COMS and GEMCOS environments.
- Established the position of Security Administration for Management Information Systems.
- Developed procedures and trained personnel to work in the position of Security Administration.
- Wrote a guide for the duties and responsibilities of the position of Security Administrator for non-technical clerks and their managers, including complete, concise descriptions of the type of user access codes and the instructions necessary to implement and monitor their use.
- Prepared a discussion of the security policies in effect at the time, their intended use and the impact their use and misuse would have on the environment and the internal MIS community
- Consolidated and improved procedures related to user access to internal data center mainframes.
- Consulted, planned, and assisted in the relocation of system hardware, and the start-up of computer facilities. Planned and assisted with the rewriting of system start-up procedures.
- Wrote several application software release documentation packages. These included a description of all new features, their intended use, and specific instructions on their use for field users, their managers, and others who were related to the use of the application, most of whom were not technically oriented.
- Utilized PC software for record keeping, and writing training modules, presentations, and all related procedures.
- Assisted in the coordination of data communication link-ups from various points in the world to various computers in other locations of the world using BITNET and BNA.
- Assisted in the development, support and implementation of a computer-to-computer on-line link-up to allow access to several computers from one terminal using a CP-2000 and BNA.
- Wrote documentation on B7000 Tightly-Coupled Systems including an overview of the environment and operational considerations for a targeted audience of operational staff and their managers.
- Developed the documentation and presentation on the technical uses for the B20 for a targeted audience of accounting management.
- Interacted with customers and analysts to identify areas of need and present feasible solutions.
- Maintained and enhanced existing applications using COBOL and ALGOL in a GEMCOS environment.
- Identified areas of need for the user community and suggested possible solutions.
- Reviewed existing applications for effectiveness and suggested and implemented enhancements and improvements.
- Developed and installed applications to meet perceived customer needs.
- Assisted in the development of a 6-computer data link system to transfer information