Business System Analyst Resume
San Francisco, CA
- 9+ years of experience as a Business Analyst/Business System Analyst in industry domains including Mortgage, Financial, Brokerage Accounts, Healthcare, Insurance, Retail Banking, e - Commerce, and Supply Chain.
- Strong understanding of Online Banking, including Credit Card, Mortgage, Account Transactions, Wire Transfers, Bill Payment.
- Strong understanding of financial valuation concepts and various capital market instruments and processes including Equities, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Derivative (OTC) & Back-Office operations.
- Knowledge of Anti Money Laundering (AML), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) and Dodd-Frank Act. Working noledge and understanding of Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR),and OFAC reports.
- Experienced in ServiceNow ITSM.
- Strong experience in Business and Data Analysis, Data Profiling, Data Migration, Data Integration and Metadata Management Services.
- Experienced in creating Business Requirement Documents, User Requirement Specification, and Functional Requirement Specifications. Experienced in creating Data Flow Diagrams, Use Cases, State Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Component Diagrams, Use Case Diagrams & Activity diagrams.
- Good experience in Data Modeling wif expertise in creating Star & Snow-Flake Schemas, FACT and Dimensions Tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling using ER/Studio.
- Strong Data Quality Management background performing analysis, monitoring and tuning to maintain data integrity.
- Experience in creating database tables, writing stored triggers, select statements, joins, views.
- Ability to collaborate wif peers in both, business, and technical areas, to deliver optimal business process solutions, in line wif corporate priorities.
- Knowledge of Mortgage Loan Origination, Servicing, Closing, Loss Mitigation, Loan Modification, Appraisal, Credit, Income, and Title functionalities
- Experience in understanding Stored Procedures, Stored Functions, Database Triggers, and Packages using PL/SQL.
- Good Data Warehousing concepts including Meta data and Data Marts.
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions wif end-users, Subject Matter Experts (SME's), Development and QA teams.
- Extensive experience in project management best practices, processes, & methodologies including Waterfall, Agile, SCRUM, and Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience including Requirements, Specifications Analysis/Design and Testing as per the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Ability to understand current business processes and implement efficient business process.
- Expertise in defining scope of projects based on gatheird Business Requirements including documentation of constraints, assumptions, business impacts & project risks.
- Analysis and review of Software and Business Requirement Documents (BRD).
- Conducting requirement gathering sessions, feasibility studies and organizing the software requirements in a structured way.
- Gathering business and Technical requirements that would best suit the needs of the technical architectural development process.
- Team lead skills encompassing user interviews, coordination wif Tech Lead, DBA's, Developers, QA/QC Analysts during the design phase.
- Interviewing Subject Matter Experts, asking detailed questions and carefully recording the requirements in a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business and technical people.
- Having application testing experience wif working noledge of automatic testing tools like Mercury Quick test Professional and Load Runner.
- Experience wif re-engineering, implementation and Data Governance projects.
- Worked in various technologies such as XSLT, XPATH, CSS, XML, and HTML.
- Well versed in Process Narratives, Flow charting Techniques using UML, and Good Documentation Practices. Prepared documents to conduct user acceptance testing. Good working experience in all the sprints of the project in SCRUM.
- Strong SQL noledge for querying the database and proficient in developing External Tables, Joins, Indexes, Data Modeling, Analysis, Verification, Cleansing, Transformation, Integration, Mapping, Extraction, Load Process from multiple Data Sources.
- Proficient in executing Test Plans, providing Test Data, conducting unit test, documenting test cases and in Manual Testing - Functional, Database, Black Box, Positive-Negative, and Regression testing.
- Experience in writing User manual, conducting functional walkthroughs, and in performing extensive User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Software Applications: MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, MS FrontPage, Dreamweaver, Adobe PhotoShop
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, RUP (Rational Unified Process), AGILE (Scrum)
Requirements Management: Rational ClearCase, Requisite Pro, Use Cases, User StoriesQA/Testing: Rational Clear Quest, Team Foundation Server, HP Quality Center 11, QTP, LoadRunner
Project Management: MS Project (PERT, Gantt charts), Excel spread sheets
Operating System: Windows 95 & 2007, NT/2000/XP, LINUX, UNIX, DOS
Design Tools: Rational Rose, MS Visio (UML)
Database/Tools: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle 10g & 11g, PeopleSoft, TOAD, Lotus Notes, MS Access, NORKOM
BI/ETL Tools: Informatica PowerCenter 9.1, IBM Cognos 10.2, IBM SPSS
Change Management: Stakeholder Analysis, Change Classification, Prioritization, & Implementation
IT Service Management: ServiceNow ITSM Suite
Confidential - San Francisco, CA
Business System Analyst
- Gatheird high-level requirement for all the external projects in a release.
- Conducted Gap Analysis by creating Swim lane diagrams and highlighted the differences between the Current (AS IS) environments versus the Target (TO BE) environment.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, OOD using UML..
- Extensively involved in the modelling and development of Reporting Data Warehousing System.
- Facilitated JAD sessions wif SMEs and business analysts from other feeder systems for a detailed analysis and a better understanding of impact of various projects on each other.
- Created functional requirement documents for the impacting projects that were agreed upon to be implemented in the current release
- Responsible for the requirements / ETL Analysis, ETL Testing and designing of the flow and the logic for the Data warehouse project.
- Reviewed the data model and reporting requirements for Cognos Reports wif the Data warehouse/ETL and Reporting team.
- Involved in designing and developing Data Models and Data Marts that support the Business Intelligence Data Warehouse.
- Participated in establishing a Data Governance structure, creating documentation templates, business process diagrams, RACI matrix and other job aids.
- Refined and introduced a Data Governance Maturity Model and scorecards for an enterprise data governance initiative.
- Managed the development of change management process for enterprise data, working wif system owners and data stewards to document existing change control processes and define new processes as needed.
- Created and implemented documentation templates to captured data related issues, change control processes, and business process improvements.
- Managed the implementation and oversee the maintenance of an enterprise data dictionary and provided for management and usage to internal teams.
- Conducted needs analysis sessions using proven elicitation techniques, such as requirements workshops, brainstorming, reverse engineering, and cross system workflow discovery sessions.
- Mentored and educated the data governance initiative participants including data stewards and data governance working groups.
- Analyzed, researched and wrote 100+ Business Requirement Documents for web and proprietary system.
- Evaluated data integrity and oversaw data migration.
- Established monthly, quarterly, and annual metrics for the data governance initiative tracking issues, change control processes, and data governance activities.
- Extensively worked in designing the Testing approach for the ETL process in the Credit Data Provisioning Enterprise Data Warehouse (CDP).
- Creation of the data mart from existing Operational data Store and other sources.
- Developed Multidimensional Models in Power-Play Transformer and generated Power Cubes for OLAP comprising of dimensions, hierarchies, levels, categories, and measures in Cognos.
- Implemented business modeling, data modeling, and object modeling using MS Visio to develop the business architecture for the application. Created reports using formulas such as Vlookup, goal seek and pivot tables.
- Facilitated and led JAD sessions aimed at functional requirement walkthroughs for all the impacting projects and updated the documents based on recommendations (if any).
- Created UAT plans wif several test cases for each project to ensure that the system runs smoothly after the proposed enhancements or changes have been made.
- Reviewed test results and coordinated wif testing and development team to correct the issues.
- Developed timelines for project delivery, and managed projects/resources
Environment: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Visio, Unix, IBM Cognos 10.2, IBM SPSS, TestDirector, LoadRunner
Confidential - San Francisco, CA
Business System Analyst
- Gatheird requirements from the business and technical end to develop the mainframe and the web portal backend.
- Participated in Sprint Planning sessions to transition user stories over to developers.
- Used user stories approach for describing the requirements using the user story template.
- Create, review and detail User stories for enhancements on various ITIL process areas.
- Worked closely wif business users to prioritize and scope out the Product Backlog Items (PBI) based on priority and bandwidth.
- Actively participated during the Production releases of the web portal and provided go-live support during Production deployments.
- Lead and participated in multiple ongoing project meetings using iterative and Agile project methodologies.
- Conducted JAD sessions wif management, SME, vendors and other stakeholders for open, pending and critical issues. Sessionsfocusing on IT strategies.
- Problem solving skills and building a liaison between business and technical ends of the project.
- Researched in determining the reporting tool, and the allocation of direct access to backend tables for real-time Ad hoc Reporting and analysis.
- Managed procedures for the submission, review and authorization of Change Requests.
- Developed the KPIs design and run global “ITSM monthly Performance metrics report” wif scheduled reports in ServiceNow and compare wif IT Services Scorecard to meet strategic goals.
- Played a major role in documenting functional and technical specifications.
- Performed meetings and discussions to implement technology concepts.
- Created and managed project templates, use case project templates, requirement types and traceability relationships.
- Performed document management using Microsoft Sharepoint.
- Developing Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Class Diagrams.
- Designed SQL queries for Backend Testing based on the specifications.
- Prepared Test Reports and submitted the Bug Findings to the Bug Tracking system using Quality Center and its modules (Requirements, Test Plan, Test lab and Defects).
- Performed Functionality, Integration, GUI, Regression, Usability and System testing.
- Performed testing and developed usage manual for Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Tested the Applications compatibility on different browser versions of IE, Firefox and Safari.
- Involved in creating a detailed SystemTest Plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts for different modules in the Application according to the Business Requirement Documentation.
Environment: MS Office Professional, Agile Methodology, ServiceNow, Sharepoint, MS Project, MS Visio, ASP.Net MVC 4, IIS7, SQL Server 2012, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, Rational Robot, Quick Test Pro, Test Director.
Confidential - Dallas, TX
Business System Analyst
- Participated in Daily Standups wif the Project Manager, Development Team, QA Team and other Business Analysts.
- Accurately and efficiently translated business requirements to high level and atomic level specifications.
- Developed and presented conceptual and functional models along wif cross-functional process and system dependencies.
- Participated and conducted iteration kick-off meetings to develop a backlog to adequately meet the team's bandwidth.
- Wrote User Stories to identify business requirements and capture user experience.
- Created Product Backlog Items and prioritized them to halp define the scope for each iteration.
- Demonstrated the configurability and functionality of new Item Types to cross functional teams and product owners.
- Performed Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure wif the new business requirements.
- Created schema objects like Indexes, Views and Sequences.
- Involved in dimensional modeling of the data warehouse to design the business process.
- Designed Logical data model and Physical Conceptual data model using ER/studio Data Architect.
- Created the ETL data mapping documents between source systems and the target data warehouse.
- Worked wif the OLTP database to generate the DDL.
- Performed 1st, 2nd, 3rd Normal form.
- Data mapping using Business Rules and data transformation logic for ETL purposes.
- Designed star schemas and bridge tables to control slowly changing dimensions (SCD).
- Developed ER and Dimensional Models using ER/studio Data Architect advanced features.
- Involved in the process design documentation of the Data Warehouse Dimensional Upgrades.Worked wif Claims data, member's data and provider's data.
- Worked wif PPOs and HMO care Plans.
- Extensive use of SQL for accessing and manipulating database systems and Profiling.
- Maintained a close and strong working relationship wif team mates and management staff to achieve expected results for the project team.
- Worked Closely wif Developers and Testers.
- Assisted in the design of report layouts to maximize usability and business relevance.
Environment: ER/Studio, Informatica 9.1, Oracle 9i/ 10g, PL/SQL, Toad, IBM Rational clear quest, Clear case, Cute PDF.
Confidential - Fort Washington, PA
Business System Analyst
- Utilized Rational Unified Process (RUP) to configure and develop process, standards, and procedures.
- Conducted interviews wif key business users to collect requirement and business process information for the loan process including set-up Account Information, New Loan set-up, Escrow Analysis, the Appraisal, Credit, income and Title functionalities.
- Followed a structured approach to organize requirements into logical groupings of essential business processes, business rules, information needs and insured that critical requirements are not missed.
- Conducted Functional requirement specification and User requirement specification reviews and walkthroughs wif the designers, developers and stakeholders.
- Worked and discussed the changes wif change management to get approvals for the scheduled release.
- Served as a technical point-of-contact and assists subject matter experts in developing Loan Originations System.
- Triage requests and troubleshoot issues; report defects/bugs for development teams.
- Wrote Technical/Functional specifications documenting all LOS configurations and modifications.
- Uploaded Technical and Functional requirements and tan traced them wif their Business requirements provided by the Business.
- Workeded closely wif Business, QA, and Developers to design LOS functionality that meets the needs of the Business.
- Followed up wif queries and questions regarding defects that had been logged to ensure their respective solution is in place moving forward in the project.
- Developed strong working relationships wif risk and technology stakeholders to deliver new LOS functionality.
- Involved in performing User acceptance testing (UAT).
- Worked wif Quality Assurance team to review the test scripts against the functional specification and halped them create scenarios which would test the system end to end.
- Worked closely wif the data model team to review the data model and validate them.
Environment: Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, Clear Quest, Clear-Case, Java, MS-Project, MS-Visio, MS-Office, UML
Confidential - Detroit, MI
Business Analyst (AML/KYC)
- Gatheird, analyzed, refined, and interpreted business requirements Business and converted them into functional requirement specifications.
- Documented business rules, understood the business need, added new Customer experience features (Update Content for Enrollment, Add Payees) and provided Screen Layout Specifications for the SRS document.
- Selected the appropriate elicitation technique to efficiently identify critical requirements and prioritized requirements by conducting brainstorming sessions wif the back office portfolio management and sign offs on requirement artifacts from project managers.
- Determined the level of formality required and considered options for documenting and packaging requirements based on project type, priorities, and risks.
- Coordinated and conducted meeting sessions wif the business users, captured the equity derivatives requirements and gained an understanding of the business rules & constraints.
- Analyzed trading/sales and Credit risk requirements according to FDIC and FSA standards and identified functional and non-functional requirements.
- Worked extensively on NORKOM, the enhanced Anti - Money Laundering (AML) analysis and risk detection/management system, which enables to fight crime and create reports on the flagged transactions.
- Successfully conducted (JAD) Joint Application Development sessions wif cross-functional team members for discussing various shared issues to ensure that the business objectives are met wif and requirements are understood clearly at all levels.
- Investigated breaks in the reconciliation reports concerning trade population, MTM, and Counterparty data.
- Prepared requirement traceability matrices and managed all components of the business requirements & UAT testing phase of the development lifecycle.
- Maintained current, detailed noledge of anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing matters.
- Utilized in-depth understanding of BSA/AML and OFAC regulatory requirements and best practices to guide decision making in execution of enterprise-wide AML objectives.
- Developed and maintained a high level of expertise in BSA, OFAC, USA PATRIOT Act and related regulations, directives and guidance.
- Identified possible enhancements to AML monitoring tools and processes and communicate them to the Financial Intelligence Manager.
- Properly reviewed the file from the AML/Compliance folder ensuring all documents are available and meet the Financial Institutions standards.
- Developed SQL Scripts for the Online Editing Application for the Client interface.
- Retrieved and analyzed data using T-SQL, Excel, SSRS.
- Facilitated group meetings, one-on-one interviews, and correspondence through emails to manage change control process and to discuss the impact of change request on the project.
- Initiated and exercised various strategies involved in website Usability, Functionality, and Compatibility testing.
- Closely interacted wif developers and System Architect to understand customer site navigational flow, to identify bottlenecks, enhance site navigation, and increase customer satisfaction.
- Created Test Plan document, test cases, test scripts and expected results for UAT.
Environment: RUPSDLC, Risk Management, Enterprise System, Core Banking, NORKOM, MS Project, MS Access, Dreamweaver, Mobile Application, MySQL database, IBM Requisite Pro.
Confidential - Bloomington, IL (Offshore)
Business System Analyst
- Worked on multiple releases for State Farm mobile app across multiple platforms (iOS, Android).
- Strong noledge of design standards for Responsive web and native applications.
- Primary Liaison between Business, Systems and other LOBs (Auto, Fire, Claims & Bank).
- Responsible for interacting wif vendors for getting latest SDK's and internal co-ordination between front end, back ends and native mobile team.
- Responsible for Mobile Device Management (MDM) for the team, regularly updating mobile devices for security patches and worked closely wif the mobility hardware team to ensure secured devices are available for app testing.
- Worked wif the User Interface (UI) Project Team, and coordinated wif enterprise architects to ensure project deliverables meet the requirements and are delivered in a timely manner and adhere to Mobile/Digital Standards and project schedules.
- Provided desired mobile experience and insights to influence the overall customer experience. Serves as first point of contact to User Interface Team and Direct UI project-level decision making.
- Worked closely wif the User Experience Designer to ensure accuracy of usability test plan content and execution.
Environment: MS Project, MS Visio, SharePoint, MS Excel, Rational Rose, RUP, UML, iOS, Android, Rational Requisite Pro
Jr. Business System Analyst
- Involved in interviewing business area experts, asking detailed questions and carefully recording the requirements in the format so that it can be reviewed and understood by both business and technical people.
- Gatheird user and business requirements through interviews, surveys, prototyping and observing from account managers and User Interface of the existing system.
- Worked as a liaison between technology and the business clients to improve business processes and support critical business strategies.
- Determined user/business/functional requirements. Created UML diagrams including Use Case diagrams, Activity Diagrams using MS Visio and Rational Rose.
- Used brainstorming and ideation techniques to derive ideas from the stakeholders.
- Gatheird requirements by using interviews, observation, JAD, brainstorming sessions, and documents analysis.
- Collected Business Requirements and converted them into Systems Requirement specifications.
- Developed non-functional requirements and documented them as Business Rules, Quality attributes, constraints documents.
- Produced Mockups and Wireframes after interacting wif SME's using Axure.
- Utilized RUP to configure and develop process, standards, and procedures.
- Validated technical designs created by IT developers against functional specifications.
Environment: s: Rational Unified Process (RUP), HTML, Java Script, Java, Axure, UML, Rational Rose, Mercury Test Director and MS Office Tools.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes