- Sr. Business Analyst with over 7 years of industry experience in the Healthcare, Insurance and Finance industry and the ability to understand and translate business inputs into actionable plans. Excellent understanding of Business Requirements Gathering, Use Case modeling using UML, System Development Methodologies Business Process Modeling and experience in Health Insurance Exchange and EDI healthcare transactions like 837, 835, 834, 270, and 271.
- Experience in all phases of Software development using Agile, Rational unified Process RUP and Waterfall model.
- Interacted and coordinated with end-users, expert teams, development and QA teams and suggested key enhancements and changes to the business rules.
- Knowledge of Relational Database Management System RDBMS , proficient in Microsoft Business Intelligence technologies like MS SQL Server Integration Services SSIS , MS SQL Server Analysis Services SSAS , MS SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS and MS SQL Server 2008/2005
- Wrote SQL Statements to extract Data from Tables to verify the output Data of the reports.
- Skilled in creating Use Cases, Entity Relationship diagrams, Work Flow Diagrams, Activity diagrams.
- Extensive experience in preparing Business functional requirement documents and System requirement Specifications.
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development JAD sessions with Project sponsors and Development team.
- Strong experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing UAT and documentation of test Cases. Expertise in designing and developing test plans.
- Ability to organize, document and track changes and defects using the Rational Clear Quest and archive change request in Clear Case.
- Worked on MS SQL Server 2008, and good knowledge of Data Warehouse methodologies along with reporting and analysis tools, Microsoft Business Intelligence tools like SSIS, SSRS and SSAS for data extraction, loading, transformation, integration and analysis for reporting purposes.
- Strong expertise in Client Relationship Management, worked as a liaison between business, technical and non technical departments within IT organizations.
- Diverse expertise in analytical, conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
C,C , Java, Visual Basic
Database/ BI Tools:
Oracle, MS SQL Server 2008/2005, DB2, Excel, MS Access, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
Cognos, Informatica, Crystal reports,
Rational Suite, MS Visio, HP Quality Center, MS Project, Caliber RM, JIRA
Waterfall, Agile, RUP
Defect Tracking Tools:
Test Director, Rational Clear Quest, Bugzilla, Win runner, Load runner
Web Development :
HTML, XML, Java Script, Perl Scripting, Dreamweaver, Balsamiq, Mocking Birds
Content Management :
Vignette Open text , Sharepoint, IBM ECM, Joomla
Business Systems Analyst
- Wrote functional requirements with respect to receiving and sending enrollment data via 834/999 EDI File Transfers /HIPAA Transaction Membership Renewals.
- Documented requirements for Data Mapping from various enrollment platforms in order to automate transfer of data to internal systems i.e. EDI Gateway, Web Database, EH Data Warehouse, Claims Processing system etc.
- Gathered requirements for Effectuation and termination of enrollment for HIX Individual Small group Plans including QHP Qualified Health Plus , CHP Child Health Plus Medicaid and SHOP Small Business Health Options Program
- Member and provider portal requirements, Claims adjudication, Member ID cards, Explanation of benefit documents EOB , Benefit Summary Docs, Billing Online Payments etc.
- Document process flows in order to create ability to receive initial HIX premium payment from the individuals as well as subsequent payments and recurring payment functionality
- Worked with Database team, involved in writing SQL queries, extracting data, creating modifying tables, functions procedures. Reviewed primary objects like Views, Indexes, Store procedures, Functions based on business requirements and physical constraints.
- Liaised with IT UI and Database external Vendor teams to close gaps and clarify business requirements from the business owners.
- Documented the UAT plan for the project and worked with the UAT Team to ensure every acceptance criteria for the requirements has been included in the UAT task plan.
- Maintained the traceability matrix to uniquely trace the identify business requirements as proof that requirements requested have been developed into a solution and tested.
- Involved in change control process for changes submitted for the BRD after the document was submitted to IT department.
- Involved in complete cycle end to end testing Go-Live of Processing HIX EDI 834 Enrollment/ Termination and Changes transaction that are received via state files through internal databases and front end customer service applications.
- Extensively engaged in End User Training, Post-Production support tasks, investigating, analyzing resolving customer service issues via service tickets received from EH Call center customer support team.
Environment: MS Office, MS Visio, Oracle 11G, Toad for Oracle 9.7.2, SQL Server 2008 R2, HP ALM 11.0, MS Project, HP PPM, XML, Sharepoint, Cognos
- Prepared functional requirements and test cases for data flow in the form of XML messages between internal systems for appropriate distribution of data.
- Created documentation to capture data mapping between source system and destination systems.
- Followed Agile methodology concepts, responsible for writing user stories for requirements and discussed release sprints with business and obtained sign offs on the documents.
- Daily Scrum meetings/ stand up calls with Business Users, IT team, QA team and Vendor to track development identify issues if any.
- Effectively elaborated the current process giving a clear picture of the proposed process for the projects in the organization and aggressively worked towards timely completion of high priority tasks.
- Actively participated in unit, smoke, integration/ regression testing, Project rollout, skill/knowledge transfer to end users to assure Emblem Health's success and ability to maintain the solution going forward.
- Supported the project manager with creating detailed project plans and assisted in developing, scheduling and tracking project timelines
Environment: IBM Integration Bus, SOA Architecture, Max MC, Data Power, HP ALM 11.0, Oracle 11G, MS Office, UML, MS, Agile Methodology, Visio
- Gathered the requirements from stakeholders and users by meeting them personally and by interviewing them. Utilized Requisite Pro to prepare a BRD by complying with the HIPAA regulations
- Gave functional specs to the requirements gathered and communicate it to the developers
- Developed a use case and UML diagrams using ERD depicted clear relations associated between the entities
- Followed Agile methodology concepts in developing software
- Worked in XML and HL7 messaging Standards. Created Medical benefit structure using Facets as a Claim Adjudication model.
- Worked on creating business process modeling notation, workflow in swim lanes, context and Sequence diagrams using Ms Visio
- Involved in designing a Database for the system using Star Schema which includes Tables, Stored Procedure and Indexes in SQL Server Management Studio.
- Created and updated complex Stored Procedures, Triggers and User Defined Functions for logical T-SQL implementation.
- Implemented ETL to Extract and Transform data from Flat File or CSV, SQL Server 2008 instances and to load into Staging Database.
- Performed GUI Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Backend testing, Functional testing and User acceptance testing on the application.
- Interfaced with top management to ensure that IT initiatives and involvement are clearly communicated and understood
- Mitigate risks all the time motivate all the team members to meet the deadlines since time was very limited
Environment: MS Visio, MS Project, MS Office, Balsamiq, HTML, .NET framework, J2EE, Agile Methodology, HQ Quality Centre, SQL Server 2008R2, TSQL, Sharepoint
- Worked with Requirement Gathering Team and produced Initial Requirement Data to produce User Interface and Business Process Requirements, extensively used Requisite Pro
- Designed the business requirement collection approach based on the project scope and System Lifecycle SDLC Methodology, documented the same in Business Requirement Document BRD
- Employed Waterfall Methodology to conduct the system development.
- Facilitated and managed meeting sessions with committee of SME's from various Business areas.
- Developed project document templates based on SDLC methodology.
- Planned and defined the system requirements to Narrative Use Cases and Use Case Scenarios using the UML methodologies. Created Use Case Diagrams Activity Diagrams, Flow Diagrams in MS Visio.
- Assisted Quality Assurance Team in documenting and analyzing their current process and then make recommendations for improvements in their functional areas.
- Carried out UAT by developing test plans, test scenarios, test cases, test data to be used in testing based on business and user requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge
Environment: Rational Products, UML, MS Word, SQL server 2005, Windows 2000, Load Runner, QTP, J2EE
Business/ System Analyst
- Interacted with the fixed income investment broker officers and understood their need in fixed income trading on behalf of the clients
- Responsible for gathering and analyzing Business and system functional requirements and for understanding and translating these needs into Business Requirement Specification BRS and System Requirement Specification SRS documents.
- Conducted and lead JAD sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate their perspectives, proposed solutions, shared concerns/disagreements, resolved outstanding issues and came to an agreement
- Developed Use Case diagrams, business flow diagrams, Activity/State diagrams and Sequence diagrams using Rational rose to easily convey the projects process and requirements to developers and other stakeholders
- Supported IT unit creating functional specification documents for the design, development and implementation of project
- Involved in designing and reviewing primary objects like views, Indexes, Stored procedures, Functions based o logical design models and user requirements and physical constraints.
- Prepared the Functional Specifications Documents for the Data Modelers and the ETL Teams
- Worked with ETL tool SSIS for integrating data into data warehouse.
- Assisted fellow developers with OLAP and Doing ETL in transformation of cubes
- Worked with SSAS tool to analyze data for reporting purposes.
- Designed and developed various types of reports using SSRS and rendered them in front end applications like Excel.
- Supported the assigned project manager with creating detailed project plans and assisted in developing, scheduling and tracking project timelines
- Supported project governance and provided regular project communications to the project manager and business areas
- Wrote test cases and test scripts for the User Acceptance Testing. Also, performed some parts of testing
- Interacted with the Users by interviewing them, preparing questionnaire and getting feedback
Environment: Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, Windows XP, MS Office 2007/2003, .NET Framework, Microsoft Web Services, SQL Server, Quality Center
- Conducted detailed and comprehensive Business Analysis by working with the IT staff, project managers, supervisors, fixed income SME's, and other stakeholders to identify the system, operational requirements and improvements.
- Gathered Business Requirements and prepared business requirements documentation.
- Converted Business Requirements documents into Functional Requirements Specification and Technical Specification.
- Conducted JAD sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate their perspectives with each other, resolve any issues and come to an agreement quickly
- Identified all necessary Business Use Cases from requirements, created UML Diagrams including Use Cases Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Class Diagrams and web Page Mock-Ups using Microsoft Visio and Microsoft FrontPage
- Created Analysis Model and Data Model and used these artifacts to develop the Design Model: Class Diagrams, Collaboration, and Sequence Diagrams.
- Created Use Case Model and detailed use cases in conjunction with the project team to define the features of the application and to be used by the development team.
- Helped the QA team to devise the test plan for the application by explaining the vision document and the business case.
- Attended change request meetings to document corresponding changes and implemented procedures for enforcing changes through defect tracking using Rational Clear Quest.
Environment: UML, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite pro, Enterprise Architect, MS Office, Enterprise Architect, Quick Test Pro, MS SharePoint, Mercury Test Director, Java, J2EE.