Business Analyst Resume
San Francisco, CA
- 10+ years of experience with proven track record in business analysis, process automation and program management, in Financial, Insurance, Learning, ande - commercedomains
- Experience includes conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, requirements gathering, documentation (Project Charter, Business Requirement Document(BRD), and Functional specification document (FSD)), diagramming(UML) data and process mapping, compiling detailed project plans, and developing test plans and test case scenarios.
- Program management experience involves delegating responsibilities, designing time schedules and work breakdown structures, preparing weekly status reports for management, communicating and presenting the reports, and resolving issues and conflicts
- Lead team project planning activities. Responsible for specific streams of work
- Participated in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (Agile, SCRUM, RUP, Iterative).
- Considerable knowledge in the analysis, design, and re-engineering of system applications and business processes using SDLC and Agile Methodologies.
- Experienced in designing and developing project document templates based on SDLC methodology.
- Designed reports using SQL Server Reporting Services and Crystal Reports
- Strong database (RDBMS) skills in MS-SQL-Server (T-SQL), PL - SQL, database design.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to quickly adapt to complex environments, technologies and new concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience in business users in interface usage
Business Data Modelling: MS Visio Project 2010 / Power Point / Front Page MS Excel / MS Access 2010/ Word 2010, Rational Rose, Enterprise Architect, Rational Requisite Pro, iRise, Axure
Content management Systems: Confidential Sharepoint, Wiki, Confluence
Languages/.NET Technologies: C#,VC++, C, JAVA,ASP.NET 1.1/2.0/3.0/3.5, ADO.NET 1.1/2.0, VB 6.0, CSS
Databases and supporting tools: MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, Oracle 8i/9i/10g, T-SQL, MS Access, Litespeed 5.0.2, ETL - SSIS,Informatica, Erwin
Reporting Tools: OBIEE, MS SQL Reporting Services (SSRS), Crystal Reports, Microstrategy
Testing Tools: HP Quality Centre, JIRA (Green Hopper)
Operating Systems and Web Servers: Windows NT - 98/2005/2008/ XP/Vista, Linux, Unix, IIS 5.0/6.0/7.0, Tomcat
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Analysed the existing JH mainframe system and identified the functionality that can be moved to the newer Oracle based CCDMS platform
- Gathered business and functional requirements for commercial credit card functionality transition from JH to CCDMS
- Performed review sessions with various business partners and gathered sign offs.
- Coordinated with TSYS and the internal Confidential business partners to create a roadmap and timeline to include DEF file processing.
- Created discovery documentations on interchange process workflow and proposed automation changes.
- Utilized Visio and UML to create process flows, sequence diagrams for Java based web services to support the impacted systems
- Participated in the initial Cond Auth Risk analysis.
- Analysed the existing flat reporting utilized by the BPSC team and gathered business requirements for OBIEE reporting
- Worked alongside offshore team to create a sample prototype for BI reporting through OBIEE
- Created BI screen mock ups for utilizing Axure, for Analytics, Billing and Service team
- Performed GAP analysis on the UAT region of the TSYS mainframes for card room and implementation screen functionality, including creating hot stamps, credit card maintenance etc
- Tested the UAT data of TSYS for domestic and Canadian users
- Ran SQL queries on CCDMS oracle database per ad hoc business requests.
- Coordinated with TSYS UK to initiate PEP identification project initiative.
Environment: Oracle Toad 10.6, TSYS Domestic, TSYS European Mainframe, OBIEE 220.127.116.11, MS Office 2010, Visio 2010, Axure 7, JIRA, Informatica, Share point
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Performed GAP analysis, on various points of failure and documented the repetitive manual processes.
- Suggested various opportunities of automation and gathered sign off suggested solutions both for process flow and back end database scripts.
- Gathered and documented functional requirements from the business for various UI options from SABA for PEC and gathered sign offs
- Uploaded various content through Tagger and TeamSite to PEC.
- Analyzed and documented existing workflow process and paths.
- Reviewed QA strategy and planning.
- Performed UAT testing for the automated processes for Tagger, upload document process for team site.
Environment: Saba Framework for LCMS, Oracle 10g/11g, Tagger, TeamSite, MS Office, JIRA
Business Systems Analyst
- Gathered process information through various mobile strategy meetings, for various lines of businesses within VSP. Analyzed and assessed the existing business models, concerns.
- Creating a roadmap and Governance model to make sure backlog items and features are implemented with consistency and are sustainable long term.
- Identifying the existing logical data farms, available infrastructure, and existing inhouse mobile technologies.
- As part of Eyefinity (WSO2) - responsible to gather and translate business requirements to functional specifications for SOA web services
- Defined and established a SOA Governance team(for engineering perspective) with specific stage gates and artefacts to support successful implementation of requested webservices
- Drove GAP analysis and Impact analysis sessions with partners such as OfficeMate and Acuity Logic
- Proposed and established requirement gathering process, created repository structure for business, functional and technical requirements.
- Created standardized templates for requirement artefacts.
- Gathered signoff on Service Requests, Change Requests and Service Specifications
- Followed Agile - Scrum methodology and enabled requirement prioritization to feed into the requirements backlog, which in turn fed the development backlog and stories.
- Supported the sprint cycles within a distributed Agile ( onshore - offshore) model
- Documented the deployment process AS-IS, identified the drag points, documented the automated solutions ( Automate Maven relase/prepare, FitNesseto automate regression testing and so on)
Environment: Mobile ( web Vs native apps), Eclipse IDE, SOA-WSO2, SOAP UI, Confluence (Wiki) - Gliffy, JIRA ( green hopper)MS Office, MS Project, Windows 7, JIRA
Confidential, Westlake, TX
Lead Business Systems Analyst
- Analyse the end to end data flow and systems delivery for the Retail reconciliation
- Created a process to manage the requirements changes with impact to overall delivery
- Managed the dependencies, project lags, and resources to reach the new milestones.
- Created the WBS and ETC for all the BA’s involved across 16 different applications within the initiative
- Document and sign off the GAP analysis, of the Cash Blotters, Auto settle files, transactions involved.
- Map the required retail funds (Money Market and Fixed Income and Equity) from legacy to the new InvestOne platform
- Gather requirements and create the SRA (System Requirements Analysis) and SDS( System Delivery Specification) documents and get sign off
- Managed resources and timelines based on Work Breakdown Structure, effort analysis and estimate for the analysis and testing efforts
- Create an overall test strategy for QA and UAT
- Create SIT planning document including eight inter laced applications and drive the testing initiative
- Develop and review test plans. execute test cases and facilitate defect resolution
- Supported on shore and off shore (India) development teams
- Performed Proof of Concept testing for Traded Vs Settled dates with six different banks - Citi, Chase Manhattan, State Street, Bank of New York, Mellon ( Bank of New York and Mellon are merged, but continue to have separate IT systems), Brown Brother’s and Harriman.
Environment: FSDM (Fidelity Systems Delivery Methodology), Frontier Securities 4.5, Check Free, MS Visio, Share point, JAVA, Oracle, Mainframe, HP Quality Center 9.2, Cognos, Windows NT
- Partnered with CVSPhoto and CVS.com business partners to ensure a successful integration of the two websites and their security requirements
- Draft project plans, timelines and resourceestimates
- Identified project dependencies which were causing the delay and created a projected plan
- Aligned teams to one project plan for delivery gathered business requirements and created functional specifications including creative design and wireframes
- Gathered requirements and specifications for Third Party Vendor; in conjunction with Commerce Hub, created screen mock ups and use cases
- Created specifications for the data migration of user information from CVSPhoto.com to CVS.com.
- Co-ordinate development cycles between onshore and off shore teams
- Created functional specifications for unique coupon code initiative
- Reviewed UAT and QA test scripts with onshore and off shore teams
- Supported the UAT testing through daily bug triages
Environment: MS Visio, Share point, Axure, JAVA, ATG,HP Quality Center 9.2, Windows Server 2005/2008, Windows XP;
Confidential, Lewisville, TX
Sr Lead Business Analyst
- Managed requirement gathering and signoff through summits from business and cross functional teams such as Capital markets, Reporting and Risk management teams
- Performed GAP analysis on the existing hierarchy, legacy mod calculator and proposed prototype
- Supported the requirement, development and testing phases of multiple projects with multiple vendors like Cognizant, TCS in parallel.
- Reverse engineered and documented the functional logic of proposed MHA changes provided through whitepapers and VB code
- Created use cases and workflows for the altered requirements
- Created database update scripts, reviewed data migration scripts, redesigned nightly data pull Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL)jobs
- Designed API calls to add new loans real time instead of waiting for a nightly job to update the backend data
- Implemented the treasury error codes for NPV 4.0 changes and triaged a speedy development to reach deadlines. Drove the compliance initiative
- Trained the UAT and QA teams with new business requirements, and created and reviewed test scripts, ran daily triages on existing bugs
- Managed offshore regression testing and onshore manual, performance testing teams
Environment: MS Visio, Share point, .NET 3.5, JAVA, DROOLS, HP Quality Center 9.2, Windows Server 2005/2008, Windows XP, Oracle DB
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
- Created an overall project plan consisting of milestones, resource allocation and dependencies
- Supported cross functional teams FORT; AdCenter; Confidential Stores to address business requirements
- Partnered with Yahoo to integrate their fraud detection process and requirements to FORT tool
- Managed development team in India, Testing team in Philippines
- Gathered requirements from RiSK, Fraud and adCenter analysts
- Responsible for analysing the existing system, SSRS reports and understanding the partner business process.
- Developed use cases and functional specifications to enable design and solution
- Involved in capturing functional and technical requirements, prepared vision document, workflowsand data modelling specification
- Followed top down technique for building the business process models
- UtilizedLitespeed for DB backup and restore
- Maintained virtual machines using Hyper V Manager
- Created an overall project plan consisting of milestones, resource allocation and dependencies
- Reviewed the system architecture, DB design, SSIS packages, UI design and system test plans
- Logged bugs through share point and VSTF
- Conducted daily triages and ran the war room for final delivery and release
- Conducted walkthroughs, UAT sessions, and assisted the development of user manuals for functional customers
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
Business Systems Analyst
- Gathered and documented business requirements by conducting sessions with from Risk and Fraud analysts
- Proposed and Incorporated DES encryption for the secure transfer of credentials for Targus and Lexis NexisAPI’s
- Updated the translation table for Visa/MasterCard responses.
- Transitioned from 2 layer architecture to n layer architecture, incorporating user Interface, business layer and dataaccess layer
- Reviewed the n tier architecture design and class structure
- Created use cases, activity diagrams,andcollaboration diagrams to define the data process model, and the business process model
- Conducted JAD sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate their perspectives with each other, resolve any issues, and come to an agreement quickly
- Established Incident reporting and change control procedures
- Validated technical designs created by developers against functional specifications
- Utilized SSIS for data import and exportimproved the performance of existing stored procedures and triggers.
- Horizontal partitioning was utilized, Hash based partitioning mechanism will be used to calculate the logical partition number for a record in the partitioned table.
- Monitored client expectations through client involvement and communication throughout the lifecycle of the project; educated clients and stakeholders on the benefits and risks associated with the project.
- Project is currently in parallel run and focused on v2 requirements gathering and design
Environment: MS Visio, MS Project, Share point, VSTF 2008, SSIS, .NET 3.0, SQL 2005, C#, ASP.NET, Web ServicesLiteSpeed 5.2, Hyper V Manager, Confidential Dynamics, Windows Server 2005/2008
Confidential, Houston, TX
Business Systems Analyst
- Documented business and system requirements adhering to Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Compliance; collaborated with developers to ensure that the customizations meet the business needs.
- Facilitated meetings on a weekly basis to finalize the Misys MT5XX, XML, and BankServe transaction file format design with financial institutions like JPMC, Bank of America, CitiGroups etc.
- Facilitated meetings on an everyday basis to update the development team based in London, with the support team based in India - for timely and appropriate interface development.
- Collaborated with business continuityand contingencyteam and documented per SOX compliance, the failover server for BMC was located in SanDiego, CA.
- Created Use Case specifications, business flow diagrams and Activity diagram using MS Visio, so the developers and other stake holders can understand the business process according to their perspective with all possible alternate scenarios.
- Partnered with QA team to create and Test scenarios,Test Plans and Test Cases for the System Integration Testing, based on user requirements and functional specifications.
- Held weekly meeting with the development and testing team to relay any changed requirements
Environment: Rational Rose, MSOffice (MS-Word, MS-Power Point, MS-Excel, MS Access), VB.NET, MIcrostrategy,Webservices, XML, Windows XP/NT, Oracle 10g, Remedy CRM, SWIFT, BankServe, Mysis, Crystal Reports
Business Systems analyst
- Interacted with the business owners and Subject Matter Experts (SME) of various fields such as Loan Managers, Risk Managers, Fund Managers, Asset Managers, and Project Architects to gather client specific business requirements.
- Gather requirements for web portals that provide interface to the intranet as well to the internet that encompass lending banks, credit vendors, appraisal valuators, loan officers and underwriters.
- Synthesized initial requirement data to produce User Interface and business process requirements, documented the same in BRD.
- Creating User Requirement Specifications, Functional Requirement Specifications and Project Schedules.
- Developed RUP artefacts at the inception and elaboration phases such as Use Case diagram, Class diagram, Sequence diagrams, Collaboration diagrams and Data models.
- Implement business rules and to validate the data entry process, troubleshooting crystal/SQR report problems for AP and GL modules, setting up foundation tables for HR, Benefits and Payroll.
- Provided guidance to QA team for developing scenarios for validation and testing, and resolve issues related to specs during QA under UAT and regression testing.
- Initiated and validated changes and facilitated new user and on-going and support of project systems, upgrades and modifications in system rules
Environment: Rational Rose, MS-Access/Word, Mercury Kintana, MS access, Java, DB2, Oracle 9i, Win Runner on Win NT, Informatica 7, ASP.NET 2.0.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes