Summary of the Responsibilities:
- A result oriented Business Analyst having more than 8 years of experience in the Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology and Healthcare Industry with extensive requirement gathering for custom solution in the cross functional areas like pre-clinical, clinical and pharmaceutical.
- Worked on Clinical Trials to conduct global clinical trials and manage the large volumes of data generated.
- Assisted in Clinical Data Management and Clinical Trials Management.
- Thorough experience of providing in-depth analysis to business processes Data Warehouses.
- Exposure to HIPAA Compliance requirements and HL 7 standards.
- Ability to define timelines for prioritizing work requests using tools such as MS Project.
- Sound knowledge of concepts like Gap Analysis, Risk Analysis, Impact Analysis.
- Excellent Business writing skills in writing Business requirements document, USE Case Specifications, Functional Specifications, Systems Design Specification SDS , Systems Requirements Specification SRS .
- Thorough exposure of conducting JAD sessions and interviews with Subject Matter Experts SME and data stewards to understand the business process, business rules, and data requirements.
- Expertise in Agile, RAD, RUP, SCRUM, Waterfall SDLC Software Development Methodologies .
- Worked with the business team to collect the business requirements, security and service level requirements SLA .
- Co-authored Data design, Architecture design and Staging requirements for the Data warehouse environment.
- Working Experience in Electronic Submissions in standard format EDI X12.
- Proficient in using UML for Business Process Modeling, Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams, Class Diagrams and document them using Microsoft Visio.
- Excellent understanding of Business process reengineering.
- Ability to prepare RTM Requirements Traceability Matrix requirements analysis design.
- Expertise in Test driven development Unit testing methodologies for performing UAT System Integration testing SIT , BAT Business Acceptance Testing .
- Experience in reviewing documentation of developed solutions and authoring of basic user guides or instructions and help files to assist in end user training support.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication skills.
- Technologies: Microsoft .Net, Web Services SOAP, WSDL, UDDI , J2EE
- App Server: Microsoft IIS 7.0/IIS 6.0/IIS 5.0, Microsoft Server 2003, Windows NT
- Databases: MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000, Siebel, MS Access, Oracle 11i/10g/9i, MySql, DB2
- Tools: Sybase Power Designer 15, Visual Studio 2008/2005, MS SharePoint 2007, iRise, Telelogic DOORS, Rational Suite RequisitePro, ClearQuest, ClearCase , Rational Rose, Axure Pro, Blueprint, eClinical, Remedy, Noetix, LiveLink, CaliberRM, Enterprise Architect, Team Foundation Server, Cognos, Business Objects
- Applications: MS Office 2007 Suite, MS Project, Lotus Notes, MS Outlook, MS Visio, VMware, FileNet P8, Documentum 6.x, Ftp95 Pro
- OS: Windows Vista x64/x86 Enterprise, Windows XP Professional x64/x86, Linux, Unix
Sr. Business Analyst
- Gathering business requirements from business users to determine the functionality that should be provided to the users and detailing them into use cases.
- Performing Gap Analysis between the As IS and To Be process and created mapping document regarding the same.
- Tracking Business requirement traceability matrix RTM and handled scope creeps.
- Analyzing existing Business units, Business process, System/ Application and there Interfaces with their capability through open-ended discussions, brainstorming sessions, and prototyping, prioritizing them and converting them as system requirements that must be included while developing the software.
- Prioritizing Business requirements, policies, business processes as well as business rules according to Scrum methodology and documented.
- Participating efforts in the role of liaison between business owner and outsourced partners to manage key enhancements of existing applications through JAD sessions between the business users, Vender Team, Subject Matter Experts.
- Working closely with key stakeholders and IT personnel to define the objectives, scope, budget, resource needs, and success criteria associated with proposed and approved projects.
- Build and lead cohesive and efficient project teams with shared resources from multiple cross-functional teams and sites.
- Initiated, executing, and on-time delivery of approved IT projects in a matrix team environment. Reviews work for corrections, adherence to standards, and quality assurance requirements, and for progress in accordance with schedules.
- Collaborating with other IT team members and representatives of the Quality and Validation functions to implement projects according the System Development Lifecycle SDLC , to produce system and project documentation and to ensure that regulatory compliance guidelines are met.
- Managing scope, budgets, schedules, and documentation for TrackWise Solution project.
- Facilitating communication and alignment across business functions and department lines.
- Lead requirements definition and associating business process analysis with key stakeholders.
- Working with the software vendor and other staff to define and documented business processes and system specifications.
- Facilitating IT governance processes by providing regular project status updates and tracking spend against approved budget.
- Contributing with IT deliverables associated with project lifecycle and also performing data validation and process validation by executing SQL queries.
- Assisting in the execution of necessary validation protocols or other applicable IT testing and documentation content, processes and procedures associated with implementing enterprise applications as per Business needs and functional requirements.
- Assisting in working with vendors and consulting partners to resolve issues and facilitate software implementation and support.
- Facilitating and develop end user, help desk and peer training when applicable.
- Assisting with the oversight of the configuration of new application in accordance with defined user and regulatory requirements as well as design specifications.
- Working with the Validation and Quality departments regarding defect tracking and thereby implementing and managing new SCRs and representing these changes to the Change Control Board.
- Involved in overall planning and execution of the user acceptance testing phase of the software development cycle.
Environment: Outlook, SharePoint, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Project, Windows XP, MS Visio, TrackWise.
- Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements, and analyzed the requirements in Clinical and development Phases.
- Worked on the Business requirement documents, User requirement specifications and functional requirement specifications documents.
- Participated in full project life cycle, including gathering user requirements, screen and report design, in addition to implementation of SOA Architecture and roll out.
- Worked on Mercury tool such as Test Director to ensure that the test scripts are documented, reported and tracked in the Test Director.
- Integrated static data with other systems to maintain a central repository of common data by implementing SOA Service Oriented Architecture .
- Used tools such as MS-Visio, Excel to define business use cases, activity diagrams, and sequence and state diagrams.
- Created reports, analysis, dashboards and scorecards to monitor business performance and measure results.
- Assisted in Clinical Data Management and Clinical Trials Management System.
- Maintained a proactive stance with business relationship s to ensure the business needs are always met within GxP Quality guidelines.
- Documented test cases during requirements gathering, analysis and design phases.
- Created client documentation, acceptance tests plan and user procedures as per 21 CFR Part 11.
- Facilitated meetings between Tier-3 development and Business owners. Developed Requirements and UAT test scripts for CTG Clinical test group .
- Involved in the preparation and execution of Test Plans, Test Cases, writing Test Scripts using Test Director.
- Assisted with user testing of systems UAT , developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensuring that appropriate documentation is in place.
Environment: Agile, Rational Suite RequisitePro, ClearQuest, ClearPro , MS Office Suite, Enterprise Architect, MS Visio, MS Project, , Windows XP, Oracle, UNIX, MS SQL Server 2005, Rational Rose, Clearcase, MS Access.
- Prepared the Business requirement Document BRD and system requirement document SRD for the enhancement of the existing services.
- Created workflow diagrams, UML diagrams, process models, activity diagrams, use cases, for incorporating design changes in the system.
- Provided report analysis that differentiates both existing Medigap plans as well as the newly modernized Medigap plans.
- Differentiated enrolment between legacy plans and CPSS plans for enrolment and finance.
- Developed an automated approach for capturing all 837 data received that supports claim utilization and reporting.
- Worked with the business/functional unit to assist in the development, documentation, and analysis of functional and technical requirements within FACETS.
- Analyzed and designed reports for which source system was upgraded from Facets 2.96 to 4.61.
- Did gap analysis and impact analysis for the new Medicare PPO product.
- Developed business requirements for online pricing tool for Medigap product.
- Developed business requirement for online web form for capturing application information
- Designed system automation process for Facets system to auto releases the claims.
- Requirements Gathering Analysis always ensured HIPAA Compliance Auditing.
- Analysis and Design of existing transaction sets, and modification of these transaction sets to ensure HIPAA compliance.
- Created, executed and translated manual test cases and scenarios into automated test scripts in order to validate functional requirements using HP Quality stage.
- Extensively worked Claims, Enrollment, Eligibility verification for Members and Providers, benefits setup, and backend payment cycle.
- Worked with 276/277 transactions where exchange is used.
- Coordinated the upgrade of Transaction Sets 270, 271, 276, 277, 837, 835 to HIPAA compliance
- Conducted Risk Analysis to identify the risks associated with developing the patches, and formulated a Mitigation Plan to eliminate or reduce risks of high severity and any major effects.
- Conducted JAD sessions with business SMEs and developer.
- Collaborated with Quality Assurance Analyst in testing.
- Developed test cases and performed UAT testing for all the files and reports
Environment: Facets 4.31, 4.61, SQL Advantage, MS Visio, MS Word, ClearCase, ClearQuest, RUP.
- Worked in different types of Projects at ABBOTT such as CTMS Clinical Trial Management System and CDC Clinical Document Control . Worked with requirement gathering of Noetix reporting tool by interacting with the various SMEs of Abbott the Noetix corp. through interviews and prototyping. Responsible for conducting Joint Application Development JAD sessions with the Noetix Corporation Project managers of Abbott for the requirement gathering of CTMS-Noetix integration project. Responsible for finalizing the requirement document for the customization of the Noetix reporting tool. Took an active part in sizing of the CTMS project. Responsible for preparing the RFP Request for Proposal according to the guideline for the vendor selection purpose. Responsible for the development of Business Context diagram along with the SME for the integration project using Microsoft Visio. Completed the BRD along with the other Business analyst. Prepared the Functional Design Document with Use cases and Activity diagram covering all the business needs. Responsible for creating maintaining Requirement Traceability Matrix in order to track the development and QA process. Closely involved with the QA team assisted them to develop quality Test cases by referring the Use cases. Assisted the QA team to complete the performance testing of the integration project.
- Assisted with the Project Manager to define project milestones, schedules, monitoring progress and updating plans using MS Project.
- Responsible for documenting the Abbott Siebel eClinical installation user manual for the development and QA team. Played an active role in the UAT and the release of CTMS integration project.
Environment: Scrum, Noetix, UML, Siebel eClinical, TOAD, MS Visio, Remedy Bug tracking tool .