SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
- Expert understanding of the full software development life cycle including gathering end user specifications, analyses, modeling, design, database analysis, development, testing, documentation, training and implementation.
- Ability to communicate technically complex IT concepts to business clients. Ability to work with technical teams developers, architects, QA, infrastructure , business partners and software vendors
- Strong experience in client facing roles with expert skills in requirements gathering. Able to draw out requirements using a variety of methods to uncover needs that client would not be able to articulate on their own.
- Solid analytical skills.
- Versed in Agile software development.
- Experience in data integration and data quality projects.
- Cognizant of how technology impacts the business. Enthusiastic in promoting new technology when appropriate and valuable
- Excellent interpersonal, documentation, communication, and presentation skills.
- Goal oriented to complete projects in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Proficient in User Acceptance Testing UAT , Black Box, and Regression Testing
- Versed with Visio, UML, PowerPoint, Word, Unit testing software
- Over 4 years' experience in SharePoint Web Applications using Microsoft Technologies and .NET framework with SharePoint Server 2007 and SharePoint 2010, C .NET, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, Web Forms, Web Controls, MS-SQL Server 2012, SharePoint Designer, SQL Server Reporting Services.
- SharePoint project skills: business requirements, business analysis, time estimates, resource planning, database design, database architecture, database tuning, project implementation, testing, training, knowledge transfer and stake holder/DBA/technical communication. Knowledge of InfoPath, Workflow, Web Service, SharePoint Designer, Navigation Control, and Content Management.
Developer and Business Analyst
- Bitcoin store is the first general merchandise E-commerce site to accept ONLY Bitcoins.
- The system was originally in Magento, and there were issues with items sold but not in stock. An analysis of the data load, database and e-commerce site with discussions with the vendor and developers, brought to light several issues. Specifications were written and then implemented by the developers.
- Documented and created UML diagrams for using the vendor API to check for stock.Java based KonaKart was chosen for a system re-write. Conducted a gap analysis of the data and wrote data load specifications.
- Researched and coded improvements for product searching using SOLR.
- TheBitcoinShack: Shopify was prototyped as a less expensive vehicle to continue the store.
- Coded the data import scripts.
- Created an intranet to load data into Shopify using Python/Flask.
Business Analyst/Web Developer
- Gathered requirements for creating emulators for the Bitcoin exchanges. This would allow system modifications and testing without sending actual currency across the exchanges.
- Coded the emulators for testing bitcoin conversions to US dollars at the exchanges without actually sending Bitcoins. For each exchange, the API was reviewed to capture all error messages as well as positive behavior. For each scenario a test was created to ensure integrity of the BitInstant system.
- Gathered requirements and coded modifications to the back-end maintenance system to track transactions.
Business Analyst/Developer/SharePoint Specialist
- UBPAM had no automated systems for back office processing.
- Gathered requirements to determine which system will get automated, and their priorities.
- Automated all HRIS functionality through the entire SDLC.
- Systems included salary processing, payroll, executive compensation, 401k, time off, employee tracking, data conversion and marketing analysis. Software includes SharePoint 2010, C , SSRS, Access and SQL Server.
- Payroll Processing Via a workflow, written in C , payroll data was loaded from Excel worksheets into SharePoint lists. Emails were then produced to confirm the data accuracy. After confirmation of all calculations, data was then loaded into the SQL database tables, represented in SharePoint.
- New Employee Processing Via a C program, a worksheet is loaded in an SQL table represented in SharePoint, and reminders are stored in a calendar i.e. special bonus payouts, probation periods, 401k eligibility etc .
- 401K calculations Each quarter, 401K calculations are run, and reports are created for distribution to the actuaries, banks and financial institution.
- American Express tracking This system loaded data from downloaded Excel worksheets, into SharePoint lists. Reports were then distributed, by employee, to obtain matching receipts and sign offs.
- Applicant Tracking This system tracked applicants, such as their status, requirements, interview comments, and history. This data was stored in SharePoint lists, and then transferred to SQL when the applicant became an employee. In addition, a calendar was updated to remind HR when probation finished, to pay out sign on bonuses, and when 401K entitlement occurred
- Accounting Created reports from payroll data using SSRS, which were displayed in SharePoint web parts.
Environment: MS Access, C , SSRS, SQL Server SharePoint 2007 and 2010, Excel
Web Developer, Business Analyst, Project Manager
EMI music registration:
- Extracted requirements and coordinated the EMI music registration data transfer system which involved over 60 music societies worldwide. Each society has variations of the standard format involving data usage and time requirements.
- Managed communications between internal business analysts, database administrators and developers ensured a successful project.
- Participated in agile status review meetings.
- New York Compensation Insurance Review Board: Met with owner/stake holders for business requirements. Supplemented backend coding for their intranet.
- Wave Hill: Gathered business requirements from owner/stake holders and modified an existing applications which tracks the location and state of plants/flowers/trees.
Environment: C , Microsoft Project, XML, PHP, ASP, SQL Server 7, MYSQL, VB, VBScript, Java, FTP, Oracle, and Access.
Business Analyst /Windows Developer
Met with owner/stakeholders and gathered requirements. Created and developed a windows based C .net system Access back end to track 200 special education students' information. This system maximized NY State reimbursements for education costs.
Environment: C wpf, Access.
Business Analyst/Windows Developer/Project Manager
- Gathered requirements and developed a global system to track exceptional clients for Onboarding/Anti-Money Laundering AML . This system ensures that new and existing clients will not pose a risk to the bank. All clients that do not fit the norm are tracked to insure that they are in compliance will all laws and that the risk of money laundering and terrorist funding is low. This system was developed for 100 users.
- As project manager, weekly meetings assured communications between all stakeholders, the DB group and IT. Formal SDLC and project management procedures were followed, including statement of work, work breakdown structure, risk management, QA, UAT, implementation, training, documentation and closure. There were approximately 8 people involved in the development phase.
Environment: C , SQL Server and MS Reporting Services
- Developed 3 systems for the sales division:
- An intranet alert system which allows users to receive email alerts based upon individual options. This allows sales people to track specific customers or products that are above or below desired expectation levels. This system was developed in VB, Java, JSP, Essbase, Oracle, Excel and Weblogic for 20 users.
- A management reporting system using Business Objects to track Pfizer drugs versus their competitors. A windows based system which helps quantify sales people's progress. This system is used to determine employee compensation based upon corporate goals. It was developed in Access and VBA. Each sales person has the system on their individual computer. At monthly intervals, the sales people 15 en users synchronize their machines with the server, and pass data to the central database at headquarters for consolidation.
Environment: VB, Java, JSP, Essbase, Oracle, Excel and Weblogic, Access, VBA
- Researched and analyzed different software products to determine the best software to use for their upcoming client server project. A comparison was made between PowerBuilder 4.0, Visual Basic and Focus. . Information was gathered via computer journals, Internet and white paper documents. The evaluation was based upon database functions, reliability, software connectivity, cost and track records
- Gathered requirements, analyzed, designed and implemented a worldwide human resource information system using client/server technology PowerBuilder . ERwin was used for database implementation with Sybase as the back end. This system included reports salary analysis, data maintenance and the salary increase process. Security played an important role due to the sensitivity of the data. In addition, an ad hoc report writer was created to allow end users to create their own reports and import them to other software. Install Builder was used for user distribution.
Environment: PowerBuilder, Erwin, Sybase