Talented IT Consultant with expertise in business analysis and project management. More than 10 years of IT experience including work as a Quality Analyst providing detailed analysis and recommendations. As a Business Analyst, I have successfully met challenges on a spectrum of projects in different organizations including automotive, health care, and education. I earned the CBAP certification Certified Business Analyst Professional , in 2012 and have been effective in contributing to organizational efforts such as mentoring junior business analysts, supporting efforts to transition to Agile methodology, and establishing a Business Analysis Center of Excellence. I am engaged in my work and seek new challenges, actively pursuing opportunities to grow and evolve as a dedicated professional.
Key Strengths and Competencies
| || |
Senior Business Analyst
- Business analysis for healthcare analytics project, servicing multiple customers in capturing requirements for data integration initiatives, enhancements, and customer communication, including deployment and sustain documents
- Implementing Agile methodology, for smaller, mobile development projects using Jira for development, project tracking, and client communications
- Contribute to the establishment of a 'Strategic BA Team', created and presented a project strategic artifact for the 'Business Analysis Approach and Plan,' presented and mentored adoption
- Participate in an initiative to generate first drafts of reusable documentation to support technological solution, includes information gathering and facilitating contributions from technical and business teams
- Generate user stories and acceptance criteria to be used as the basis for test scripting review test scripts for completeness, execute UAT test scripts as needed. Oversee the regression and smoke testing for any new releases prior to production for any issues on 3 projects.
Senior Business Analyst
- Confidential Contribute to establishing a Business Analysis Center of Excellence, BA CoE, pulling the departmental team of Business Analysts together to define the goals and objectives, and to create a roadmap that includes setting milestones and checkpoints over the next year to assess progress and review objectives activities will include putting in place an asset library focused on relevance, and central location, and a signature look and feel, also including defining a process for BA metrics, planning professional enrichment for existing team including pursuit of IIBA participation and CBAP certification potential future activity will be to expand BA CoE offerings to the larger organization beyond the department and begin training and adoption of Agile methodology, specifically to internal requirements process for enhancements to existing applications
- Drive and facilitate across IT teams and business partner the delivery of an existing application adapted for use in Asian internal offices, specifically China, prepared for adaptation to other countries.
- Analyze the needs of and opportunities in a prototype business units, deliver findings and suggestions, implementation of SAP applications
- Develop rapport with business partners to discover opportunities for enhancements and improvement on all assigned applications
- Capture requirements for enhancements, review test scripts for compliance to the requirements, execute UAT, manual testing and defect tracking to resolution project involved adapting a US based organization application for use in the Pacific Rim, accommodating the database SQL and interface requirements for integrating character-based languages.
Senior Business Analyst
- Confidential Improved customer relationship and requirements gathering and management on a large scale data analysis application that was under development that included 3 applications, and large amounts of historical, current, and future data stores improved requirements communication which resulted in significantly improved relationships between business partners and the application development team by putting in place a consistent communication protocol and tools, setting expectations and meeting them
- Created an effective series of training programs and user resources, including videos that are available to users directly through the application by pulling together a team of junior BA's to generate and present media training and help materials, this effort proved successful in gaining end user adoption and confidence
- Participated as the BA utilizing Agile methodology, generating and maintaining User Stories, team member in Stand Ups, supported project manager in tracking progress through 2-week Sprints and Iteration planning, supported Project Manager in generating Velocity Charts, executed testing and presented demos, gathered and communicated customer feedback, team used ongoing task boards to capture and communicate details of project
- Supported project manager in all aspects of application progress and team performance, as needed
- Ensure that test scripts for projects meet the approved requirements, review test results and reports presented by the QA team, participate in UAT execution.
- Provide Quality Assurance best practice recommendations and support junior QA analysts in implementing framework for improved processes.
Senior Business Analyst/Project Manager
- Confidential Customer interface to define and articulate problems and requests, define requirements as well, to capture opportunities for innovative solutions, customers include high-profile chairs and executives in the Health System
- Process capture, analysis, definition, and diagramming for a Sharepoint space, available internally to the team, and a customer-facing setup utilized Agile methods to capture User Stories and execute testing, worked closely with development and infrastructure team to usher deliverables and communicate with customers
- Established and drove project management planning and tracking process for team, mentor and support team in adopting process and developing skills
- Architected Sharepoint space for Identity Team usher adoption of Sharepoint 2010 as a new tool, capitalize on benefits of the tool with team members, including overcoming resistance, coaching, training, and support.
Previous Professional Experience
Independent, part-time, consulting and contracts in technical and business analysis, documentation writing, and editing, including diagramming Clients included Gaylord Design, providing business case and requirements for vendor product implementation provided Sharepoint 101 training sessions and LinkedIn orientation and support sessions completed Villanova Business Analysis, prepared for the IIBA CBAP certification. Sep 2008 Jul 2011
Effective and productive liaison between customers and technical teams.
Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Instructor and Writer
- My work experience prior to IT as an educator and business writer developed my exceptional communication skills, especially interpersonal, written, presenting, and cross-cultural skills. I spent nearly 9 years in education as an English as a Second Language instructor as well as other subjects including writing, intro to computers, and Japanese language and culture. I worked primarily at the University of Detroit Mercy in Detroit, Michigan. Additionally, my teaching experience included nearly 2 years living and working in Japan. I developed expert skills during this time in communication and teamwork.
- While teaching, I also worked as a free-lance professional writer for corporate clients including Ford Motor Company and National Bank of Detroit. This included both business documents and technical writing. Prior to my work in this capacity, I worked for nearly 3 years as an editor with a publishing company, Pierian Press, Ann Arbor, MI, and as a creative writer in a marketing division of Ameritech Publishing.