- Excellent technical leadership experience working for some of the largest EHR vendors and Hospitals in the U.S. This experience includes innovate approaches to complex processes within a broad range of healthcare settings and roles.
- Provide technology leadership and direction to the CEO, the Executive Management, and Board of Directors
- Strong knowledge of a wide range of Healthcare IT applications and processes including IT Strategic Planning, Budget Authority, Software Needs Assessment, Software Development, Business Analysis, Software Requirements Management, Software Testing, Program/Project Management, and Healthcare Interfaces exchanges HIEs
- Over 20 years of extensive experience in Healthcare Information Technology progressing from Revenue Cycle focus to HIPAA EDI, and finally to EHR, HL7 and HIE interchange expertise. This experience includes big data healthcare interchanges such as CCD/CCDA and HL7: ADT, Transcriptions, Orders, Results and Charge interfaces including specifications, development, connectivity, user acceptance testing/sign-off, security, system operations, configuration and infrastructure architecture planning.
IT Strategic Visionary
Overall Career Strategy is based on initial interest in becoming a physician as a pre-med student at FSU. Later, decided to learn about all segments of the healthcare industry, utilize this knowledge and top technology education to benefit patients through the use of wellness programs, consolidation of health records, the use of integrated health provider teams and care coordination to extend life expectancies, reduce diagnosis timeframes, and deliver results that identify care networks as the best possible Blue Zones in the U.S.
Technology success stories
Management Quality Improvements
IT Management Competencies
- EHR Program Manager across various patient care settings Hospital, Nursing Home, Home Health
- Serve on Executive Steering Committee as Program Manager for EHR Selection team for the Moorings Park CCRC
- Manage the overall EHR implementation team for a variety care settings mobile devices such as Home Health Clinicians.
- Serve as Project Manager for Moorings Park Skilled Nursing EHR Selection team including Life Care Resident full continuum of care for a wide variety of care settings from Home Health to Assisted Living, Nursing Home and Hospice Care. Created RFI and RFP to 15 vendors. Coordinated vendor demonstrations and team score card evaluations and served as key recommending authority for comprehensive EHR software product.
- Following this EHR selection served as program manager and executive advisor for the entire campus wide EHR implementation. This role include responsibilities for program budget, employee training, work flows, EHR implementation project charter-requirements, project scenario based test plans and the implementation of all required interfaces including consolidated MPI, HIE, EHR, and consolidated resident statements across all patient care settings. Key projects included processing Cerner HIE direct message discharge summaries for the Nursing Home and Assisted Living EHR admissions.
- Intersystems is the international software vendor located in Harvard/MIT hub of Boston, who sells and supports Mumps Cache, Ensemble HL7 Interface Engine, and Healthshare HIE CCD XML systems. Mumps Cache is used by GE and EPIC EHR products for their programming language and database. End client was Missouri Health Connection.
- Served as Healthshare HIE developer and implementation team member.
- Assisted in design, development, testing, validation and implementation of critical Mumps Cache HIE Interfaces for numerous hospitals and clinics exchanging HL7, CCD, and CDA messages. Designed, developed and implemented Intersystems Ensemble and Healthshare interchanges with the State of Missouri, Salem Hospital, BJC hospitals, and other hospitals using a central Master Patient Index and individual patient consents. HL7 message implementations include ADT, ORM, ORM, VXU, and ELR.
- Create custom Mumps/Cache Ensemble classes for Consent and MPI processing. Created Cache Classes to capture system monitoring statistics such as number of HIE inquiries/responses, number and types of consents, and number of patients added to the MPI. Used Java to develop real time Data Analysis and Metrics for Hourly, Daily, Monthly, Quarterly messaging reports.
- Leidos is a large international healthcare consulting firm with over 3,000 employees world wide
- Client: University of Kansas Interface project manager and developer, certified EPIC Bridges Interface developer
- Write project charter, project plan, approve business requirements, support work flow designs, and technical requirements using traceability methods
- Interface team requirements manager for all interface business requirements, technical requirements, and test plans
- Train business and technical team members on requirements traceability
- Support Interface team through customer quotes and RA approval
- Responsible for Interface Team Lead PM responsible for mentoring, training and support of five EPIC Certified interface engineers
- Responsible for all aspects of Unit, System, message validation, and Integration testing of all interface testing for Sunguest lab, GE radiology, Aria/Mosiac Oncology
- Technical lead for ADT, ORU, ORM, and DFT messages using Mirth Interface Engine
- As Interface Architect designed and developed Admission, Scheduling Charge messages flow and transformations for 50 applications such as Dietary, Oncology, Radiology, Professional Billing, Operating Room, materials management, HIM Coding, Lab, External Partner EMRs additional Hospital Billing Systems, and HIEs
- Interfaces support of the implementation of US Bank 837 claims, 835 remittance, patient online credit card payments, patient checks, and payor lock box interfaces into EPIC.
- Project Manager for the EPIC Interface team responsible for EPIC Prelude, Cadence, ASAP, Resolute interfaces with 50 ancillary applications for EPIC EHR HL7 ADT, Sunquest Orders, Results, etc. and X12N Claims, Remittance and Eligibility Messages
- Project Management tasks included project scope and charter, resource management, status reporting, issue tracking, risk mediation, test planning and vendor communications
- Requirements management for current state, business requirements, and technical requirements for each interface
- Interfaces Project Scope for Ensemble HL7 productions included Sunquest and Quest lab, GE PAC radiology, GE MUSE cardiology, ECW, McKesson, NexGen and many more hospital applications. Create test comprehensive interface test plans
- Responsible for Sales RFP and customer contract support, Budget and Resource Planning, Interviewing and Hiring, Client Server Installation and configurations, Interchange connectivity, Interface Engine Selection and Evaluation, Customer Interface Training and Documentation for PHR, Kiosk, Patient Portal, Visits, Lab Orders, Results and Charges
- Participate in corporate strategic planning and applied these strategies to IT Quality and Business plans
- Managed a budget of 10 million with team of systems administrators and developers.
- Project Management for all HL7 and EDI X12N interfaces for over 1000 medical practices in a Private Cloud environment including Lab Corp, Quest, and other custom lab interfaces
- HIE and Interface Development, Project Management and Operations Management for a number of key Allscripts Customers for lab orders and results
- Daily Interface Operations support
- Interface Server Admin Management
- Support both SSH and VPN connections
- Design, Implement and Support for all Practice Management interfaces to EHR applications
- Design, Implement and Support Radiology PACS interfaces with Candellis PACs
- Design, Implement and Support Lab Interfaces for LabCorp, Quest and a number of other labs
- Provided Lab Partner HL7 Specifications, Compendium Overview and training, configure EHR HL7 Partner, EHR Partner Messages for Lab Orders and Results including Loinc and SnoMed coding
- Bridges/Ensemble and Rhapsody engineer for new customized HL7 Interface design, development and implementation including Symphonia message definitions and java scripts for message transformations
- HIE Project Implementation included PDF document interface to Patient Portal, Personal Health Record, and HIE partners such as AXOLOTL a United Healthcare Company and Medicity an Aetna company
- Java and SQL Developer as needed. For example, wrote SQL extract of PDF attachments EKGs and Lab Results translate into bytestream blob data for transmitting to a PHR in an HL7 messages.
- Interface Project Manager for EHR and PACs HL7 Interfaces
- Served as Healthcare Informatics Analyst for nation's largest touch screen and clipboard vendor with partnerships including various EMRs, GE PACs, GE Centricity, Imagecast Radiology, Meditech, Seimens
- Gathered customer registration, billing, and clinical patient flow requirements and design screens and interfaces using Human Factor Engineering to simplify clinical processes and produce extreme ROI in eliminating paper processes using document imaging systems
- Defined electronic payment requirements for card swipe devices
- Created electronic clinical forms using forms builder
- Define HL7 registration ADT , scheduling SCH and ordering ORM requirements
- Assisted client with equipment configuration for severs, Kiosks, PC, electronic clipboards, and signature pads
- Supported full life cycle processes from sales estimates to requirements and user acceptance testing including development of test scenarios, test scripts and test plans
- Defined Testing Services Quality Management Program for VA contract management including the development of Quality Management Plan, Quality Assurance Plan Artifact Quality , Quality Control Plan Process Quality , Lean Six Sigma Continuous Improvement Plan and their execution
- Facilitated team business and technical work sessions for a variety of requirements for Software Configuration Management Plan, Integration Testing Plan, Service Expansion Gap Analysis, and Requirements development supported Agile, Scrum, ITIL, and CMMI methodologies
- Responsible for writing SDLC Business Requirements and Overall Project Management for EmDeon Claim Master Portal.
- Collaborate with programmers and business owners to create scope, high level requirements, detailed functional specifications, technical requirements, test plan strategy, test scenarios, and use cases testing
- Collaborate with programmers and business owners to create scope, high level requirements, detailed functional specifications, technical requirements, test plan strategy, test scenarios, and use cases testing.
- Project Management, Business Requirements Analysis and Mumps Cache Web based Software Development projects included: A GE/IDX Mumps Cache conversion project for the University Of Minnesota Medical School. While working for GE/IDX, analyzed and created SDLC requirements, and developed Mumps Cache software for Lean Six Sigma reports for the GE/IDX National Billing Center
- Supported a 40 hospital network EHR offering created SDLC business and technical requirements for interfaces between GE/EMR and Meditech, including transaction analysis, development and implementation for Lab Corp, Quest Diagnostics lab, Meditech Lab, Radiology, Pathology, Order Entry, and Pharmacy integration projects using Cloverleaf HL7 interface engine.
Business Analyst/Project Manager NPI B2B eCommerce IT
- Managed NPI B2B X12N HIPAA electronic transaction updates for 4 health plans and their external partners including Availity, SSI, EmDeon and other electronic transaction clearinghouses based on SOA Architecture and SOAP XML messaging.
- Served as B2B NPI Program manager for ASC X12N 4010 national standard transactions for 837 claims, 835 claim payments, 834 member enrollments, 270 member eligibility, 276 claim status including XML EAI Broker and other downstream legacy COBOL Mainframe applications
- Implemented use of new SOX full life cycle project documents for Customer Requirements, Technical Requirements, Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Logical and Physical Design Documentation
- Responsible for Staff Transition Project eliminating the use of outside contractors following a Trizetto Facets implementation
- Created and added resources to Corporate IT Project Management Office PMO
- Designed, trained, and implemented corporate wide IT project portfolio management tools and processes
- Additional projects included Process Reengineering for Sales and Underwriting for Sales Quotes, Employer Group Sold Cases, Renewals and Terminations linking various systems including Facets
- This new application reduced sales cycle by 50 and implemented an entirely paperless the sales process from Quote to Member ID Card delivery
eCommerce Program Manager
- Reported to Senior IT VP for the ATT.Com High Availability project. Provided 15 minutes bi-monthly updates to the top IT executives on this key strategic initiative
- Responsible for SBC.com include Corporate Headquarters for eCommerce High Availability using SOX SDLC implementation methodology by managing technical and business teams development of all project requirements scope, business requirements, high level design, detailed design, configuration design, testing design and execution
- Managed a budget of 22 million with over team of over 1,000 systems administrators, developer, and architects.
- Conducted High Availability Assessment for all telecom product lines across Internet Applications, Middleware and Legacy COBOL DB2 Systems
- Corporate Leadership roles include ASC X12N 4010 HIPAA Electronic Transactions, Privacy and Security compliance, and other state and federal regulatory compliance
- Served as corporate HIPAA Quality Assurance and compliance officer
- Developed and documented corporate compliance policies
- Assisted in a full web 0062ased health plan system implementation for claims, member, group, and providers including Work Flow application
- Developed business requirements and technical specifications to Convert Pharmacy Health Plan system to a Dental System. Design Business Requirements for Claim Adjudication Rules