Business Analyst Resume
- 7+ years of experience in as business analyst, business requirements modeling and development of Web Based, and Client/Server applications in diverse business domains of Confidential /insurance and Service Industry Sectors.Core competencies:
- Expert communicator and facilitator with great interpersonal skills - effective in interactions with business and technology professionals as well as executive management
- Entrepreneurial self-starter capable of functioning with equal efficiency as an individual contributor or a team leader/player
- Knowledge on HL7 (CDA and RIM ), Hi tech, ICD, CPT and HIPAA
- Familiar with EHR AND EMR and IHE. Also knowledge on CRM and DNC’s
- Proficient in M.S Visio and Access
- Experienced in managing various aspects of teh software development lifecycle (SDLC) including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, deployment and support
- Wide-ranging experience in managing artifacts in methodologies such as Waterfall, RUP, Agile (SCRUM)
- Facilitated and participated in Joint Application Development (JAD) and Joint Resource Planning (JRP) sessions with management, SMEs, vendors, users and other stakeholders.
- Experience working with teh business users as well as teh senior management for web-based, and client server applications.
- Strong communicator and problem-solver skilled at analyzing/eliciting business needs and transforming them into technical designs, applying technical skills and business knowledge to achieve sound results.
- Excellent interpersonal dexterity with proven ability to converse, liaise, negotiate and relate with a wide range of personalities from diverse socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows 95/98/nt /2000, XP, Vista, Mac OSX 10.3
TESTING TOOLS: WinRunner, LoadRunner, Test director
GUI TOOLS: Adobe Photoshop, MS Excel, MS Office, MS Project
LANGUAGES: C++, MLASP.NET 3.0 /3.5, HTML /DHTML
REQUIREMENT MANAGEMENT: Rational Requisite Pro, Caliber RM, Rally
MODELING TOOLS: MS Visio, Rational Rose, Caliber RM
PROJECT MANAGEMENT TOOLS: MS Project
DEFECT TRACKING TOOLS /CHANGE MANAGEMENT TOOLS: Rational Clearquest, Rally, Bugzilla, MS TFS
METHODOLOGIES (SDLC): Scrum, Agile, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Waterfall Model
DATABASE: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MS Access
Confidential, Lansing, Michigan
- Facilitated JAD sessions with SMEs’, Product owner, and Development managers to understand teh business process, gather Business Requirements and identify enhancements for teh application.
- Followed AGILE methodology viz. Scrum throughout teh project.
- Assisted in release plan and iteration plan for teh project working with teh stakeholders
- Maintain teh prioritized Sprint backlog
- Worked on EDI transactions: 270, 271, 834, 835, and 837 (P.I.D) to identify key data set elements for designated record set. Interacted with Claims, Payments and Enrollment hence analyzing and documenting related business processes.
- Researched/Analyzed teh various steps involved in claims processing life cycle and then wrote teh BRD in such way that developers could construct teh system to identify riskier claims.
- Conducted requirement sessions, identifying business needs, getting sign-off on requirements and capturing requirements in Caliber RM and Rally.
- Facilitated pre-planning meetings, demos and daily stand ups
- Wrote test cases and test scripts for teh User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Managed and created burndown charts, tasks for task board and velocity charts for teh Scrum process.
- Prepared graphical depictions of Use Cases and Use Case Diagrams.
- Working with clients to better understand their needs and present solutions using structured SDLC approach.
- Tracked daily issues and dependencies and coordinated with common team to work on teh impediment list.
- Coordinated with development team to halp them better understand teh requirements.
- Worked with change control board to initiate/manage Change Requests
- Coordinated management of projects on MS SharePoint
Environment:n Windows XP professional, MS Office suite, MS Project, UNIX/Oracle Platform, XML, Oracle Application server, Oracle Pl/SQL, MS Visio, Bugzilla, MS Visio, Quality center, Clear quest, clear case.
Confidential, Long Beach, CA
- Worked with stake holders to understand and document business requirements.
- Worked on gathering and analyzing Business and system functional requirements and for understanding and translating these needs into Business Requirement Specification (BRS) and System Requirement Specification (SRS) documents.
- Created and managed Use Cases and requirements.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) Sessions and weekly client and team meetings.
- Interacted with teh Subject Matter Experts (SME) and stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirements.
- Worked as teh primary liaison between teh business user and teh developers throughout teh project cycle.
- Performed and documented Gap Analysis.
- Created RTM (Requirement Traceability Matrix).
- Managed CRs (Change Requests).
- HL7/HIPAA compliance.
- Familiar with HIPAA EDI Transactions (837,835,270,271).
- Used HP Mercury Test Director for Requirements and defects management.
Environment: .Net, C#, SQL, UNIX ES7000, HTML, XML, Windows 2000, Crystal Reports, Teradata, BizTalk, Cobol, CICS, JCL, DB2, HL7, Mercury Test Director
Confidential, Dublin, OH
Senior Business Analyst
- Led client facilitation meetings to gather Interface and Business Process Requirements from Subject Matter Experts.
- Gathered business requirements from SME’s and drafted business requirement document (BRD).
- Conducted JAD/JRP and Elicitation sessions for user interviews to gather requirements.
- Performed SQL querying on a regular basis for reporting and Validation purposes.
- Extensively performed data mining to gather relevant information from teh enterprise wide data warehouse.
- Assisted in developing project timelines list of deliverable and developed strategies for effective project management. Also made sure that all deadlines were met for all deliverable
- Managed requirements with Rational Requisite Pro and created Traceability Matrix.
- Reported bugs to development team using Mercury Quality Centre.
- Performed Black Box Testing, GUI testing and user acceptance testing (UAT)
Software Environment: HTML, XML, MS-Project, MS-Office Suite, Rational Suite, RUP, UML, Microsoft Visio, SQL/PLSQL,SQL Server 2005, Rational tools
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
- Conducted detailed and comprehensive Business Analysis by working with teh IT staff, project managers, supervisors, SME’s, and other stakeholders to identify teh system, operational requirements and improvements.
- Gathered Business Requirements and prepared business requirements documentation.
- Converted Business Requirements documents into Functional Requirements Specification and Technical Specification.
- Conducted JAD sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate their perspectives with each other, resolve any issues and come to an agreement quickly
- Identified all necessary Business Use Cases from requirements, created UML Diagrams including Use Cases Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Class Diagrams and web Page Mock-Ups using Microsoft Visio and Microsoft FrontPage.
Confidential, Hialeah, FL
- Gathering and documenting teh requirements that are critical to teh business and using those requirements to design application software. Prepared business requirement documents using Rational Requisite Pro
- Understand and articulate business requirements from user interviews and then convert requirements into technical specification
- Derived Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) based on User Requirement Specification URS
- Analyzed business requirements and segregated them into high level and low level Use Cases, Activity and Sequence using Rational Rose according to UML methodology
- Implemented RUP and followed iterative process for Use Case driven processes of requirement documentation and their deployments and also created a Traceability Matrix
- Held regular JAD sessions with teh system architects, developers, database developers, quality testers during teh entire project to assure that teh critical as well as teh minute details of teh project were discussed and issues were resolved beforehand
- Followed teh UML based methods using Rational Rose to artifacts like Use Cases, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams
- Built and maintained close relationships with internal customers and retail systems vendor to ensure efficient development processes are being followed and that business priorities are met, and that projects/development are on schedule
- Used MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point), HTML for project tracking, documentation and presentation
- Verified teh Business Scenarios on new builds to allow extended testing by QA team
Environment: Rational Rose, RUP, Windows XP, Rational tools
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes