Sr. Business Analyst Resume
7 + years of experience in as business analyst, business requirements modeling and development of Web Based, and Client/Server applications in diverse business domains of Healthcare/insurance, Public and Service Industry Sectors.
- Capable of functioning with equal efficiency as an individual contributor or a team leader/player
- Knowledge on working in accordance to Babok guidelines and WBS
- Proficient in M.S Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and Access and wireframes
- Efficient in eliciting, prioritizing and documenting business requirement.
- Experienced in managing various aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, deployment and support
- Wide - ranging experience in managing artifacts in methodologies such as Waterfall, RUP, Agile (SCRUM)
- Knowledge on uses cases, user stories, UML, test cases and plans, user acceptance test scripts
- Strong communicator and problem-solver skilled at analyzing/eliciting business needs and transforming them into technical designs, applying technical skills and business knowledge to achieve sound results.
OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows 95/98/nt /2000, XP, Vista, Mac OSX 10.3
TESTING TOOLS: Win Runner, Load Runner, Test director
GUI TOOLS: Adobe Photoshop, MS Excel, MS Office, MS Project
LANGUAGES: C++, MLASP.NET 3.0 /3.5, HTML /DHTML
REQUIREMENT MANAGEMENT: Rational Requisite Pro, Caliber RM, Rally
MODELING TOOLS: MS Visio, Rational Rose, Caliber RM
PROJECT MANAGEMENT TOOLS: MS Project
DEFECT TRACKING TOOLS /CHANGE MANAGEMENT TOOLS: Rational Clearquest, Rally, Bugzilla, MS TFS
METHODOLOGIES (SDLC): Scrum, Agile, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Waterfall Model
DATABASE: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MS Access
Confidential, Columbus, Ohio
Sr. Business Analyst
- Eliciting and defining system and user requirements through observation, interviews, and analysis.
- Working directly with end-users to define requirements and provide technical advice and assistance in a large-scale environment.
- Translating customer needs into formal business requirements.
- Interviewing non-technical end users to determine and document current business process flows.
- Experience in Business Process Re-engineering.
- Used Visio to create business process flows including standard flowcharts and swim lane diagrams.
- Created test conditions, test cases, and test scenarios, use cases and use case diagrams and business cases
- Experience analyzing end-user needs, root cause analysis and conducting fit gap analysis.
- Involved as a tech. BA from project initiation through completion on two software development projects
- Used PM software (e.g. MS Project) to develop and maintained a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) on projects.
- Experience using a business requirements tracking tool for recording and prioritization of business requirements.
- Documented experience in systems process and data mapping, requirements, gathering, and analysis as well as proficiency in the creation of detailed documentation.
- Used AGILE methodology for SDLC.
Environment: M.S office Suite, M.S Visio, Agile and Waterfall, .Net, QTP, Oracle, MS Windows XP, SharePoint, M S Project
Confidential, Lansing, Michigan
- Facilitated JAD sessions with SMEs’, Product owner, and Development managers to understand the business process, gather Business Requirements and identify enhancements for the application.
- Involved in complete cycle of SDLC and followed AGILE methodology viz. Scrum throughout the project.
- Assisted in release plan and iteration plan for the project working with the stakeholders
- Maintain the prioritized Sprint backlog
- Worked on EDI transactions: 270, 271, 834, 835, and 837 (P.I.D) to identify key data set elements for designated record set. Interacted with Claims, Billing, Payments and Enrollment and also on ICD 9 and 10 procedure code sets and hence analyzing and documenting related business processes.
- Developed the strategy for developing and implementing new EDI (HL7 and X12) interfaces and converted historical and clinical data
- Researched/Analyzed the various steps involved in claims processing life cycle and then wrote the BRD in such way that developers could construct the system to identify riskier claims
- Documentation mainly done using user stories to facilitate understanding to the technical team in order to design the software
- Conducted requirement sessions, identifying business needs, getting sign-off on requirements and capturing requirements in Caliber RM and Rally.
- Facilitated pre-planning meetings, demos and daily stand ups
- Wrote test cases and test scripts for the User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Managed and created burndown charts, tasks for task board and velocity charts for the Scrum process.
- Prepared graphical depictions of User stories, Use Cases and Use Case Diagrams.
- Working with clients to better understand their needs and present solutions using structured SDLC approach.
- Tracked daily issues and dependencies and coordinated with common team to work on the impediment list.
- Coordinated with development team to help them better understand the requirements.
- Worked with change control board to initiate/manage Change Requests
- Coordinated management of projects on MS SharePoint
Environment: Windows XP professional, MS Office suite, MS Project, UNIX/Oracle Platform, XML, Oracle Application server, load runner and win runner, VSTS 2010, Oracle Pl/SQL, MS Visio, Bugzilla, Quality center, Clear quest, clear case
Confidential, Long Beach, CA
Senior Business Analyst
- Worked with stake holders to understand and document business requirements.
- Worked on gathering and analyzing Business and system functional requirements and for understanding and translating these needs into Business Requirement Specification (BRS) and System Requirement Specification (SRS) documents.
- Created and managed Use Cases and requirements and created use case stories to capture exact needs and requirements of end users.
- Created site maps followed by content hierarchy in order to get a graphical view of the final product
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) Sessions and weekly client and team meetings.
- Interacted with the Subject Matter Experts (SME) and stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirements.
- Worked on wireframes for designing the software and blue prints ( sitemaps) for designing the final software
- Performed and documented Gap Analysis.
- Created RTM (Requirement Traceability Matrix).
- Managed CRs (Change Requests).
- Used HP Mercury Test Director for Requirements and defects management.
Environment: C#.Net, SQL, UNIX ES7000, HTML, XML, Windows 2000, Crystal Reports, Teradata, BizTalk, Cobol, CICS, JCL, DB2, HL7, Mercury Test Director
Confidential, Dublin, OH
- Led client facilitation meetings to gather Interface and Business Process Requirements from Subject Matter Experts.
- Gathered business requirements from SME’s and drafted business requirement document (BRD).
- Extensively performed data mining to gather relevant information from the enterprise wide data warehouse.
- Created user stories and uses cases for analyzing and gathering the requirement
- Assisted in developing project timelines list of deliverable and developed strategies for effective project management. Also made sure that all deadlines were met for all deliverable
- Managed requirements with Rational Requisite Pro and created Traceability Matrix.
- Reported bugs to development team using Mercury Quality Centre.
- Performed Black Box Testing, GUI testing and user acceptance testing (UAT) and designed wireframes.
Environment: HTML, XML, MS-Project, load runner, Agile method, MS-Office Suite, Rational Suite, UML, Microsoft Visio, SQL/PLSQL,SQL Server 2005, Rational tools
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
- Conducted detailed and comprehensive Business Analysis by working with the IT staff, project managers, supervisors, SME’s, and other stakeholders to identify the system, operational requirements and improvements.
- Created wireframes for the system in order to enhance the functionalities
- Diagrams and web Page Mock-Ups using Microsoft Visio and Microsoft FrontPage.
- Created user stories and use case diagrams for the same to identify the business needs of user.
Environment: XML, M S project, Rational Suite, Microsoft Visio, Rational tools.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes